test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Needs a Official response on when the AH will be back up.

varatrasvaratras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We are way past 48 hours now that it's been down. All we are getting from any channel is "ASAP" or "soon". We have been hearing this for way to long now. We really need an Official response on when it will be back up, and not just soon or asap.
Post edited by varatras on

Comments

• wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want a time? maybe they do not know yet....
    Why do you need it up so quick? just have fun playing the game eh?
  • purlepenpurlepen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want it back too. This is coming from someone who absolutely loves the game and would gladly be called a fanboy.
    The AH is a key fundamental feature to the game. I honestly wouldn't mind if they said it would take a week, Because hey, at least I have some kind of idea on when I should come back. The only reason I loot T2 dungeons with my friends is so that I can sell them at the AH so I can get AD. That's my only goal. As much AD as I can legit. It's what I have fun doing. So I would love to have some kind of time frame, As they honestly shouldn't have even put this patch forward if what most people were looking for isn't even there. Just my 2 cents
  • varatrasvaratras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice to see if i can get geared up for T1, T2, etc.

Since everything in this game costs AD, for some of us our sales of items is our source of AD. So since, in their infinite wisdom, they won't let you trade items for AD, we are forced to use the AH which has been down.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Give PWE a call and ask.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The last twitter message said they would bring it up asap......they can't tell you because they don't have a specific time.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • varatrasvaratras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    Give PWE a call and ask.

LOL... sounds like a huge waste of time but thanks for the suggestion even tho I've thought about it.
    edited May 2013
    The last twitter message said they would bring it up asap......they can't tell you because they don't have a specific time.

Like i said in the OP. Soon or ASAP doesn't give anyone a time when it's going to be up. If i treated my customers the same way i wouldn't have customers. Sorry your server is down. i'm not sure when it's going to be up but i'll get back to you ASAP or soon. LOL
  • vuulzvuulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be to know as ASAP is apparently 72 hours+.

Is it weeks, months or we're like D3 and just check us out in a year when we actually have this stuff worked out?
    edited May 2013
    vuulz wrote: »
    Would be to know as ASAP is apparently 72 hours+.

Is it weeks, months or we're like D3 and just check us out in a year when we actually have this stuff worked out?

i really hope it's not weeks, months, etc. it would kill the game and i like the game even with it's flaws.
  • gorlie102gorlie102 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    most likely 5days after it went down. I honestly think they don't have the tools required to remove the auctions en masse, so they have to wait until the exploit auctions expire naturally.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    just remove ah and any form of trade from the game :p
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hmm 10char
  • vuulzvuulz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That'd be fine but just fess up and say it this posted 9 hours ago with no follow-up:

For those asking, we've brought the Astral Diamond Exchange up! We're working on bringing the Auction House online ASAP as well.

Seems like a pretty hazy answer to me.
    edited May 2013
    gorlie102 wrote: »
    most likely 5days after it went down. I honestly think they don't have the tools required to remove the auctions en masse, so they have to wait until the exploit auctions expire naturally.

5 days and i'll find something else to do. everything requires AD in this game. Not having the AH to sell stuff we find to get AD has brought my new 60 to a stand still.
    edited May 2013
    vuulz wrote: »
    That'd be fine but just fess up and say it this posted 9 hours ago with no follow-up:

For those asking, we've brought the Astral Diamond Exchange up! We're working on bringing the Auction House online ASAP as well.

Seems like a pretty hazy answer to me.

Hazy is right. If they actually explained what the problem was and why they can't solve it i would be fine and understand but being a mushroom sucks!
  • koromarkoromar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah... so the main currency isn't tradeable (Astral Diamonds). check
    Bank space and Bag space cost RL money via the Zen shop. check
    Zen shop fixed promptly..(hey maybe we'll sell a bunch of bags and bank expansions if people have nowhere to sell their stuff! Make sure we get the Zen shop up ASAP) done.

Gee, I can't imagine why nearly the entire player base is totally frustrated with this debacle. Oh but thanks for the sweet looking glitchy cape with zero stats that we can't even use to reskin a necklace. GG
  • corleone33corleone33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only legitimate way of making AD, which is the game's only legitimate currency, is selling items in the Auction House. I have two 60's and both of their bags/banks are full to the brim with items waiting to be auctioned. It's gotten to a point where I can't even level professions because there is nowhere for the crafted items to go. Hell, I can't even go grab the box of useless trash PWE was nice enough to send me today.

Please get this fixed. I've purchased a bag or two with Zen and I'm not going to buy more while I wait for you guys to figure this out, but I can't really play the game either.

I'm not threatening to quit. I'm not losing my mind or flaming the dev's and publishers. I'm just asking for for a reasonable time frame. If you have to let the auctions expire to ensure everything is going to work right, then say so. If you think you have to let them expire, but are working on a different solution that may be faster, then say so.

This isn't tough, a little modest honesty goes a long way with customers.
  • matumatu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I think the market is gonna crash when the AH is up, ppl are acumulating epics in their bags.
  • schokiloverschokilover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gorlie102 wrote: »

This + 10
    And until then we get "soon" "soon'ish" "we cant tell just yet" "ASAP" and other blabla....
  • schmondrickschmondrick Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers come back up PWE signifies "Mission Acomplished". The masses cheer and wear their new Role Playing capes in town.

MFW the game is still in a state of constant fail rivaling D3 until the AH is turned on. The only reason the economy isn't failing, is because they took it away from you; and you LOVE them for it (?). Sheeples gon' sheep.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Servers come back up PWE signifies "Mission Acomplished". The masses cheer and wear their new Role Playing capes in town.

MFW the game is still in a state of constant fail rivaling D3 until the AH is turned on. The only reason the economy isn't failing, is because they took it away from you; and you LOVE them for it (?). Sheeples gon' sheep.

That, or the economy was never required for most players.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    assassin83 wrote: »
    just remove ah and any form of trade from the game :p

Nice quick way to kill the game:rolleyes:.
    lyokira wrote: »
    That, or the economy was never required for most players.

No, it is obvious from the amount of threads posted and Twitter feed questionning that it is very important to a lot of players. Many have already left and many others are disgruntled over the way the situation has been handled. The longer the AH is down the more annoyed people get. Some of that can be alleviated by a bit more info than simply "soon™" being shared by PWE.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I would love to be able to provide an ETA but at this time we are lacking the information needed to make this determination.

We are currently performing testing on the Auction House changes that will allow us to enable it once again, though until we have more detail on the results of that testing, we will be unable to share an ETA.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out.
  • qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    You want a time?

Yes.
    maybe they do not know yet....

Unacceptable.
    Why do you need it up so quick?

Because it's a game feature people have paid/are paying for.
    just have fun playing the game eh?

wrenaq works for Corruptic, it's official. TRAITOR !
  • qualexiousqualexious Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We are currently performing testing on the Auction House

Hmm.. it just looks out of place seeing these words together in May of 2013.
  • schokiloverschokilover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

I would love to be able to provide an ETA but at this time we are lacking the information needed to make this determination.

We are currently performing testing on the Auction House changes that will allow us to enable it once again, though until we have more detail on the results of that testing, we will be unable to share an ETA.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work this out.

Yo !
    So....we have just 1-2 Days left and then the auctions run out anyways, as some of us thought already.
    Take "your time to iron out some stuff" *cough-cough*

You can tell us when while we know already when it will happen anyways.
    Honestly. Do you believe what you try to tell us? Especially after having yesterdays AH patch done?
    Sry. I'm not.
    Me thinks you just buying time on that way. And as it is always with communities in games, it will work that way.
    Sad, rly.

:(
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corleone33 wrote: »
    The only legitimate way of making AD, which is the game's only legitimate currency, is selling items in the Auction House. I have two 60's and both of their bags/banks are full to the brim with items waiting to be auctioned. It's gotten to a point where I can't even level professions because there is nowhere for the crafted items to go. Hell, I can't even go grab the box of useless trash PWE was nice enough to send me today.

Please get this fixed. I've purchased a bag or two with Zen and I'm not going to buy more while I wait for you guys to figure this out, but I can't really play the game either.

I'm not threatening to quit. I'm not losing my mind or flaming the dev's and publishers. I'm just asking for for a reasonable time frame. If you have to let the auctions expire to ensure everything is going to work right, then say so. If you think you have to let them expire, but are working on a different solution that may be faster, then say so.

This isn't tough, a little modest honesty goes a long way with customers.

Seriously?? maybe if u thought for a minute instead of Rage QQ'ing. Go to the postal courier and mail yourself some items. LOL u don't even need a bank in this game. Just send yourself mail with the item/items attached.

Probably easier to Rage QQ.
  • avenvingavenving Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yo !
    So....we have just 1-2 Days left and then the auctions run out anyways, as some of us thought already.
    Take "your time to iron out some stuff" *cough-cough*

You can tell us when while we know already when it will happen anyways.
    Honestly. Do you believe what you try to tell us? Especially after having yesterdays AH patch done?
    Sry. I'm not.
    Me thinks you just buying time on that way. And as it is always with communities in games, it will work that way.
    Sad, rly.

:(
    Because, I mean there's no way they could be having trouble making it so that people can't repeat the exploit after they bring the AH back up or anything.......
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no community , there are 100-200 people on the forums and about 2000 - 3000 people playing the game . Next month will be something like 10-15 on the forums and 100- 200 in game , why bother ?
  • ozumanozuman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qualexious wrote: »
    Yes.

Unacceptable.

Because it's a game feature people have paid/are paying for.

wrenaq works for Corruptic, it's official. TRAITOR !

i think this will be usefull.
    18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).