test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

caturday pack is useless

fadedlogicfadedlogic Member Posts: 49
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys I really just wanted to make this post directed towards PWE and Cryptic more than the community. I've tried to be super supportive of Neverwinter. I've argued with a ton of people on these forums on why it's a great game. I've defended it against people I know about why it has so much potential. And I've consistently put a ton of time into it, leveling all 5 characters and tryin to start positive reinforcing threads for the game. But I give up. This whole Caturday thing is what did it for me.

YOU DEVS ARE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE COMMUNITY. We are literally listing for you priority things that need to be done in these forums and you refuse to respond or even take our thoughts into consideration. Your game is falling apart. Literally ever post I'm looking at is now full of people slandering and being negative about your game. And I understand why. YOU AREN'T RESPONDING TO US. You're turning a blind eye to what we're saying. Like "hey if we ignore it maybe the problems will go away." just unbelieveable. You're game has gone from the 5th most viewed game on twitch with about 3000 down to maybe the 30th. Everyone is losing interest because of your lack of communication. HOW HARD IS IT to be like hey we know this is a problem. Ie the mounts problem in pvp. It's been a top forum discussion for about 3 weeks. yet still not one dev response on it.

And this caturday pack. Is it a joke? I'm not even level 60 on 5 out of 6 of my toons and I find this thing to be a sack of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. cosmetic gear that everyone has? for REAL. and this dinky exp boost? really? its so easy to level in this game, what the hell is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gonna do for me? HEY GUYS IVE NEVER RUN OUT OF POTIONS but now i have ALOT MORE whoop de doo. Hey the economy is RUINED but heres some potions and an exp boost oh and some scrolls for the town that you never leave.

anyways im quitting and moving on to better things. Literally everyone I personally know has quit your game now. I was the last one tryin really hard to believe in you and stick around but like this is honestly disgusting. This is NOT how you run F2P. It's not "hey lets squeeze as much money out of our community as possible." It should have been "hey lets make a great game and build a huge community that loves to play this game. Those people will stick around for years and eventually spend money on the cosmetics because they love this game so much." It's about the long term, which you utterly destroyed for yourself.
Post edited by fadedlogic on

Comments

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That stone is 50 full heals no matter how much life you have.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Be ready to get flamed because some people actually liked it.
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    fadedlogic wrote: »
    Hey the economy is RUINED

And your actual evidence for this is what?

AD/Zen exchange is trending down towards last weeks levels (yes its running a bit higher but the demand for zen will be higher as items such as mounts can't be bought on the AH atm).

We don't know how the AH will look when it reopens but until it does you have no evidence that the economy is ruined.

Oh yeah, in 6 months there will be lots of people who don't have those cosmetic items.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    That stone is 50 full heals no matter how much life you have.

okay and I'm here tellin you that i almost never use potions. EVER. i pretty much never get hit in pve. or have a cleric healing me in an instance in the rare circumstance that I do. and i can't use them in pvp. plus this game was ENTIRELY playable and easy pre them giving us the health stones. SO what the hell do those stones do for me? Make it even easier? Now i can be reckless and try to kill myself i guess
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I won't say this is a bad game.

But what I WILL say (and I think I speak for most people) is that it's gettin dropped pretty **** quick when the heavy hitters come out later this year and into next year. Games like Wildstar, ESO or the recently funded Camelot Unchained (super happy for those guys. Not my scene but I respect the crowd).

For example I'm waitin on ESO.
    I think even when something as simple as a release date is announced I'll drop this game. lol
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I find the pack to be a genuinely nice gesture. I mean really, they could have said: As compensation and thanks for sticking with us you are gifted with a day of free play! (aka nothing) Besides they can't please everyone, and one man's trash is another man's treasure and...omg I just became my grandfather.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    naeron1966 wrote: »
    And your actual evidence for this is what?

AD/Zen exchange is trending down towards last weeks levels (yes its running a bit higher but the demand for zen will be higher as items such as mounts can't be bought on the AH atm).

We don't know how the AH will look when it reopens but until it does you have no evidence that the economy is ruined.

Oh yeah, in 6 months there will be lots of people who don't have those cosmetic items.

oh yeah in 6 months where the hell are these new players coming from? just wondering. What the hell makes you think a released product is gonna have this weird surplus of new gamers? plus just look at this community now. 80% of the people in these forums are just tearing this game apart. You think any of these people are gonna recommend this game to anybody? I mean like I said, even on twitch the amount of live stream viewers has been cut to an 8th of what it was since the cat exploit. Cuz nobody is interested in this broken game anymore.

You wanna know the real reason why they won't wipe? cuz theyre afraid of the amount of players theyll lose. WELL HEY GUESS WHAT? YOURE ALREADY LOSING A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF PLAYERS.

Plus how the hell can you have fun in a game when its possible the guy right next to you has a ridiculous amount of AD and has gotten everything for free pretty much, while you have to think about spending zen or grinding for 3 months to buy one thing he has.

No this game is ruined stop being in denial. I literally was on your side sitting in denial and being like no its still possible a day ago. but this caturday pack thing is just over the top. HEY COSMETIC GEAR FOR YOU TO SHUT THE HELL UP. THIS IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MOUNT PROBLEMS WEVE BEEN HAVING. (i go back to mounts because that is the SIMPLEST fix they could do of all the bs everyones been pointing out, yet 3 weeks later havent even mentioned a thing about it)

and yes the AD/ZEN exchange is my "evidence". your right it could go down, but that doesn't change the amount of damage done to the community. and the fact that there are still some exploiters that slipped through the cracks and will get away with it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »

But what I WILL say (and I think I speak for most people) is that it's gettin dropped pretty **** quick when the heavy hitters come out later this year and into next year. Games like Wildstar, ESO or the recently funded Camelot Unchained (super happy for those guys. Not my scene but I respect the crowd).

For example I'm waitin on ESO.
    I think even when something as simple as a release date is announced I'll drop this game. lol

see and i agree i love this game. I want it so badly to succeed. But its just not happening period. This game will always have a player base but at this point i HIGHLY doubt it will ever get big again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Personally I find the pack to be a genuinely nice gesture. I mean really, they could have said: As compensation and thanks for sticking with us you are gifted with a day of free play! (aka nothing) Besides they can't please everyone, and one man's trash is another man's treasure and...omg I just became my grandfather.

You're right. but how does this dinky pack fix the problems this game has? it doesn't make the game any less P2W. it doesnt fix the broken aspects of pvp or pve. it doesnt make classes more viable or nerfed. it doesnt fix the broken economy. and its a bag of useless cosmetics. just unbelievable. I mean even a professions pack in there woulda been a little better. BUT ITS ALL USELESS.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it is worthless don't use it. They don't OWE you anything. If you're not happy with the game go elsewhere. Which you said you're doing so that's great. Less whining around here is a good thing. You will be quitting the forums as well as the game, yes?
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ill say this it is a great game it is just poorly supported it has great lore great gameplay but the decisions and lack of communication and support to the playerbase is killing it
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    If it is worthless don't use it. They don't OWE you anything. If you're not happy with the game go elsewhere. Which you said you're doing so that's great. Less whining around here is a good thing. You will be quitting the forums as well as the game, yes?

yep i am moving on forum and game your right.

have fun playing in your broken game with small playerbase

your just mad you bought a founders pack and your game is falling apart

your hero of the north thing is like a public humiliation that you wasted money on something that isnt working right

im sticking around my forum at least for today, deal with it

maybe ill come back if this game ever gets a big playerbase again, which i highly doubt it will
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    ill say this it is a great game it is just poorly supported it has great lore great gameplay but the decisions and lack of communication and support to the playerbase is killing it

exactly. this game had SO much potential and still does. but the fact that we the beta testers are being IGNORED on our input its like why the hell are we even testing the game? we werent testing the game. its more like were FUNDING the release of the game.

and now theyve lost a HUGE part of their playerbase. to deny that is a joke they know it happened. how do u get players that quit your game to come back? highly doubt this one can be fixed
  • Options
    auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's some worthwhile, if temporary, stuff in there (heath stone, account bound experience buffs) and some fluff. That's about what I expected - nothing game breaking, just an apology for a day or so of lost time on a weekend.

What did you expect?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you still wanna argue with me just do yourself a HUGE favor. LOOK AT THE FORUM POSTS JUST ON THE FRONT PAGE. just the front nothing more. It's disgusting. It's literally full of things that SHOULD NOT be happening at this point in the games existence. Tickets being deleted or not addressed. Peoples items and money disappearing. Exploits still being used. Economy still messed up. BE REALISTIC seriously. and now take yourself to the DEV TRACKER and do yourself a favor and click on that. They are not communicating with the REAL PROBLEMS here. its just unbelievable
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    accually I thought the pack was gonna be just a starters pack.
    some potions a few portable alters but
    we got a cute title
    a really cute cape (gonnna see if I can "change appearace" and stick the cape on some awesome stats)
    the phantom of the opera mask is cool.
    I might stick it on my blind character who always uses fashion outfit cause shes a mage and I don't like my mage wearing pants.
    health and teleports always welcome.
    the xp is meh but at least it wasn't AUTOMATIC xp like the hourly chance roll I HATE accidently leveling past content.

Honestly it is better they do cosmetics for stuff like this because cosmetics are what actually last in a game like this.
    would have been funny if everyone got a free evil looking cat to that gave you a money debuff. >;X, or a pack of cursed items. muhahah.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aufero wrote: »
    There's some worthwhile, if temporary, stuff in there (heath stone, account bound experience buffs) and some fluff. That's about what I expected - nothing game breaking, just an apology for a day or so of lost time on a weekend.

What did you expect?

lets see a list of things that wouldve been 5000 times better

- a basic mount 50% movement speed. should be no problem considering ppl used the exploit to get the purple ones

-a professions pack since professions got messed up

- a celestial coin pack maybe

- a wipe of the game?

- a pet or maybe one random purple item

- even a flippin bag

this shouldn't be just an apology for a day of lost time. this literally should of been a hey our game is about to fall apart. our economy has been saturated with messed up ness. were about to lose a HUGE portion of our playerbase. This is literally the point where we are about to make or break our game completely.

and they retaliated with cosmetics.

DUDE LOOK AT TWITCH. just look at it. as soon as this "caturday pack" was opened, they lost about 80% of their livestreamers and veiwers. everyone moved on.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SHUT UP OP! The cat cape is something I needed :<
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    SHUT UP OP! The cat cape is something I needed :<

Lol that made my day =) sry not tryin to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> here just bein realistic
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep i am moving on forum and game your right.

Apparently not since you're still here. Attention seek much?
    have fun playing in your broken game with small playerbase

I will, thanks!
    your just mad you bought a founders pack and your game is falling apart

Funny. I don't feel mad. Thanks for the diagnosis, doc.
    your hero of the north thing is like a public humiliation that you wasted money on something that isnt working right

Except I don't feel I wasted money on anything. Or I wouldn't have purchased the founders pack to begin with. Duh. How do you feel I wasted money on it?
  • Options
    touzsantouzsan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    and your post is also useless tldr
  • Options
    mentalise1mentalise1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

I laugh so hard at you HotN guys(Not all of you) who are so ****ing deep in denial that you can't see that your $200+ ship is sinking, "What holes in the ship?" You say. "There's no holes maybe you guys should just learn to be grateful that you're even on this ship, freeloaders." you remark, trying desperately to justify yourselves and the large amounts of money you wasted, withering away right before your eyes, good luck guys, really.

You're *almost* as bad as the TORtanic deniers, who foamed at the mouth at the notion that TOR would ever go F2P.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    oh yeah in 6 months where the hell are these new players coming from? just wondering. What the hell makes you think a released product is gonna have this weird surplus of new gamers? plus just look at this community now. 80% of the people in these forums are just tearing this game apart. You think any of these people are gonna recommend this game to anybody? I mean like I said, even on twitch the amount of live stream viewers has been cut to an 8th of what it was since the cat exploit. Cuz nobody is interested in this broken game anymore.

You obviously have not spent much time on game forums, every single game I have played has had times when 80% of posters were being negative, predictions of the game dying are pretty common as well. The views of forum posters are not representative of the playerbase.

So what if viewer numbers are dropping on some live streams that I have never heard of? Do you think that anyone can make accurate predictions based on one small sample set?

Case in point would be WoT, there was a lot of rage and predictions that the game would die on numerous occasions, and yet after 2 years the numbers online are 10 times higher than they were at launch and have always trended upwards.
    You're right. but how does this dinky pack fix the problems this game has? it doesn't make the game any less P2W. it doesnt fix the broken aspects of pvp or pve. it doesnt make classes more viable or nerfed. it doesnt fix the broken economy. and its a bag of useless cosmetics. just unbelievable. I mean even a professions pack in there woulda been a little better. BUT ITS ALL USELESS.

The pack is not meant to fix any of those things, no pack could fix those things and it is unreasonable to expect any game to fix all those things in a few days or even weeks. The pack is meant to make people who lost character progress feel a bit better about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You obviously have not spent much time on game forums, every single game I have played has had times when 80% of posters were being negative, predictions of the game dying are pretty common as well. The views of forum posters are not representative of the playerbase.

So what if viewer numbers are dropping on some live streams that I have never heard of? Do you think that anyone can make accurate predictions based on one small sample set?

Case in point would be WoT, there was a lot of rage and predictions that the game would die on numerous occasions, and yet after 2 years the numbers online are 10 times higher than they were at launch and have always trended upwards.

In 90% of cases (See TOR and various other F2P trainwrecks) the community is correct in predicting the games demise, citing one exception doesn't make this any less true, F2P games run largely on word of mouth, sure they pick up new players via advertising and etc, but most players aren't comfortable investing anything in an MMO none of their friends will play for various reasons, this is of course assuming they even like NW enough to recommend it to friends, who then of course(In most, not all cases) check the game out on youtube or their favourite review site, see it's received heavy criticism on various fronts and decide to play one of the many other games with potentially good reviews that will drop in the next 6 months (ESO, wildstar and others) that's where NW's existing playerbase will go, I don't see a lot of newcomers heading it's way in the next 6 months unless SERIOUS changes are made, quite frankly the game wasn't ready to leave closed beta, this soft-release is a joke.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mentalise1 wrote: »
    In 90% of cases (See TOR and various other F2P trainwrecks) the community is correct in predicting the games demise

Mentioning TOR is not going to support your point as it is improving and has been for a while.

ESO has not had good reviews, it has had mixed ones. Unless it improves significantly I will not even bother trying it.
  • Options
    abcyangabcyang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well for me personally, I did, and continue to get my moneys worth. How is that you ask? Easy - I haven't spent a dime. If I ever get into a game enough to warrant spending real money, then I will do so. So far that hasn't happened here for me, so I am perfectly satisfied. Whether or not I'm speaking for the other actual f2p players out there I don't know. But I think anyone who spends money or any untested goods/service must accept the risk that they might not get their money's worth.

I also think its unfair to write the game off. Based on the happenings of this week the devs must be combing through thousands of transactions to try and locate all the cheaters ad. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this. It will probably take a while to fix before they move on to other things.

EDIT - and as to the rant about the pack. Man that sooo reeks of typical GenY <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They didn't owe us anything. Go and work a couple hours overtime and buy something else in game to make you happy. I just spent $900 on my &^%$# dog's teeth. Like who gives a sh&&t about the pack.
  • Options
    jessidiusjessidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    This game is a very fun MMO and the content is entirely free; which is not something I can say for any other game I've EVER played. My friends and I love it, we have had no problems at all except for the downtime this weekend.

And wth are you talking about small player base? There are tons of people playing every time and every where I sign on. The foundry alone will guarantee that this game sticks around.

I see a lot of claims about ESO and Wildstar, but for all I know those games will sink themselves. This game is here and it's fun. I'll continue playing it while I enjoy it. 1 month and counting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mentioning TOR is not going to support your point as it is improving and has been for a while..

TOR flopped on release, with a sharp decline in playerbase and general interest, just as we're seeing in NW, it does support my point, in fact it's quintessential of my point, thanks for cherrypicking my argument though.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »

But what I WILL say (and I think I speak for most people) is that it's gettin dropped pretty **** quick when the heavy hitters come out later this year and into next year. Games like Wildstar, ESO or the recently funded Camelot Unchained

Huh, what is this Wildstar thing? Never heard of it until people mentioning it here. Must be a real big name game. /shrug
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jessidius wrote: »
    This game is a very fun MMO and the content is entirely free; which is not something I can say for any other game I've EVER played. My friends and I love it, we have had no problems at all except for the downtime this weekend.

I take it you've never played a free MMO before then.