test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admin dont care about GWF/GF the garbage class!!

iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since close beta we been asking you to do something on Great Weapon Fighter and GF they are useless class its completely garbage!! Did you guys ever visit the the Barracks furom or you just ignoring us. People crying out there and there about to quit this game. We were always expecting every update but i think it will never come. We were getting tired of this just take our money and your welcome for that!!
Post edited by iy0t on

Comments

• Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    iy0t wrote: »
    Since close beta we been asking you to do something on Great Weapon Fighter and GF they are useless class its completely garbage!! Did you guys ever visit the the Barracks furom or you just ignoring us. People crying out there and there about to quit this game. We were always expecting every update but i think it will never come. We were getting tired of this just take our money and your welcome for that!!

The actually nerfed GWF after closed beta. And no they do not care, which is why I rolled a rogue earlier today.
  • Options
    guitaraelectricaguitaraelectrica Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 60, well geared guardian fighter. My friend has a level 60, well geared great weapon fighter. Together, along with a cleric, rogue, and wizard, we are about to beat epic castle never (got the last boss dracolich to 24% yesterday and we plan on defeating him today). Our group, comprised of one of each class, has also never lost a pvp game at level 60. We are literally undefeated together... clocking in somewhere above 50 straight wins.

So, even though GFs and GWFs may not be as highly demanded as rogues or clerics or wizards, they are not garbage, and they are not useless. Learn to play your class well, and you might actually find that they can be quite powerful. If you feel that there are balancing issues, instead of posting a contemptuous rant, let the developers know exactly what you feel is wrong with the balance and they just might fix it sooner.
  • Options
    klucientklucient Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 60, well geared guardian fighter. My friend has a level 60, well geared great weapon fighter. Together, along with a cleric, rogue, and wizard, we are about to beat epic castle never (got the last boss dracolich to 24% yesterday and we plan on defeating him today). Our group, comprised of one of each class, has also never lost a pvp game at level 60. We are literally undefeated together... clocking in somewhere above 50 straight wins.

So, even though GFs and GWFs may not be as highly demanded as rogues or clerics or wizards, they are not garbage, and they are not useless. Learn to play your class well, and you might actually find that they can be quite powerful. If you feel that there are balancing issues, instead of posting a contemptuous rant, let the developers know exactly what you feel is wrong with the balance and they just might fix it sooner.

I'm okay with doing a bunch of AoE damage on my GWF and doing 'meh' for single target. That's just me, though. Some people want GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF DPS on every single one of their characters.

That said, the threat on GF's could use a little work. :P
  • Options
    apostasyxapostasyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A DPS GF can pulls more aoe damage than any class in the game, so I wouldn't call them entirely useless. GWF is the only class that gets outclassed by every other one. And how do they solve this? lower the damage of GWFs, gimp their skills, make their sprint consume more stamina... magnificent
  • Options
    emal83emal83 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since close beta we been asking you to do something on Great Weapon Fighter and GF they are useless class its completely garbage!!

Probably u never played a GF. GF is amazing! High survability, extreme dps, great resistance and more. U have just to improve tour skill or find the best build. 2 GF in my guild. Both them are strong in an insane way: close to rogue about dps, can tank a thousand mobs. And no die. What else? U want they become god?
    Stop crying and find the right build. In my opinion GF need to be nerfed, it is too strong and GWF (i really agree about this) is too too weak
    skitch.png
  • Options
    perfectindigoperfectindigo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your anecdote suggests that a skilled premade with great gear is what makes GF and GWFs viable, not learning how to play. The classes need to be viable and balanced without significant advantages that could be masking the problem.

The main problem with GF is that tanking isn't needed because of how game mechanics work and GFs don't cause enough threat to be tanks anyway. GFs can be effective when they go DPS.
    The main problem with GWF is that they aren't a better choice than any other class for whatever role they try.

The two classes need some clarification from the developers about what role those classes serve and how their skills / feats / etc are going to be modified to make them good at those roles.
  • Options
    vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Truer words have never been spoken OP. I read many inter-office memos that said exactly what you said. In fact, I am beginning to question your real name and occupation. Are you a disgruntled ex-employee who is attempting to blow the whistle?
  • Options
    zoroasterrzoroasterr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your anecdote suggests that a skilled premade with great gear is what makes GF and GWFs viable, not learning how to play. The classes need to be viable and balanced without significant advantages that could be masking the problem.

The main problem with GF is that tanking isn't needed because of how game mechanics work and GFs don't cause enough threat to be tanks anyway. GFs can be effective when they go DPS.
    The main problem with GWF is that they aren't a better choice than any other class for whatever role they try.

The two classes need some clarification from the developers about what role those classes serve and how their skills / feats / etc are going to be modified to make them good at those roles.

this is so true.not everyone is blessed enough to have a good party ready for everything.beside that what about the ppl who didnt go for dps build? i played tank classes in many games but this one is seriously the worst one ever.cant even remember anything like this -_-
  • Options
    baaddarebaaddare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not know what the actual issue is. I have a TR I love to be in groups with a good GF they hold argo reasonable well letting me DPS full out. Yes when a Boss dungeon is over and the tables come up I might have done 3 times the damage but their job is not DPS. One has to remember though they can not dish out the dps the sure can take a hit. GWF are great at aoe and picking up all the adds they also can take a hit when compared to a TR or the caster classes. Thus they make good offtanks.

What is seems to me is that people want all the advantages a GF or GWF have plus none of the offsetting weaknesses. My TR could be a god if she had not only her DPS but a GF or GWF defenses
    "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!!"
  • Options
    broodmama21broodmama21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2013

I agree with this one i feel your pain. I got level 60 Rogue and GWf. On my Rogue i dont have any problem looking for group for any t2 dungeon or never been kicked out or replaced on party not just like on my GWF. GWF is good if you have some friend like cleric a sit next to you all the time PVP or PVE you dont have any problem for tht but if you are by yourself randomly joining folks that the case. You always the last choice.
  • Options
    crypticfailcrypticfail Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Dont waste your time or money in this game. This game is Fail believe me.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont waste your time or money in this game. This game is Fail believe me.

Yes please spend all your time qqn on the forums, and then send money to me. I will not fail you.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    crypticfailcrypticfail Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes please spend all your time qqn on the forums, and then send money to me. I will not fail you.

QQn? Lol take off your mask and see whats going on. Are you blind or you just cant read furom. To much negative threads a lot of complains everywhere. I Guess you Rogue right or CW nvm.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm so glad I didn't roll GF/GWF!
  • Options
    mchaywiremchaywire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have both the GF and Rogue at 57. I love playing the GF, ATM it's set for DPS with the Knight Captain's set with purple enhancements. Toying with feats and powers, but it's a lot of fun to play. I think the gameplay required to play a Rogue in PVP is a little fast for me.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually Im a GWF. Dragon shard. Only 1 character. Lost 10K (not much but still lost something) in the AH shutdown. Lost some coins too after reboot. So I have things I could qq about as well. But instead I sit here patiently. If things still are muddled up after "official release" or say 2 months down the road (I say 2 months because even dead mmos have longer longevity than that) I go to a diff game. In the meantime I play this totally F2P game. When I get bored I go do otherstuff. When I get really bored at work, I read the forums. Most of it can be fixed. Most of it will be fixed. Could they be a better on communication, sure. But Im not going all crazy posting ridiculous, sometimes sensationalist posts.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    BUMP...

been posting this on every topic related. they are really bad at this considering weeks have gone by and they haven't even fixed GF "shield defense." it's real easy guys, for every point i put in it, you add ONE AC to my current AC. not a ****ing complicated code here dudes
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    sicnathronsicnathron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly just wish power scaled better with GWF and GF I mean I don't really mind all the other things agro being what it is and everything but it's like you need t2 at least t1 gear to even compete dps wise even in spec then people complain cause your agro takes a hit... My power sits at almost 4000 without a full t1 set I have all t1 items but still and the character sheet lists a max of +150 dps? Almost 11k gearscore... should by all rights be doing t2's competitively but no dice. Either way I'll continue with the character cause I like the game-play but the stat bonus's from gear are abysmally bad unless it's all crit.
  • Options
    estsuestsu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter is doing well. Nothing to fix here. Move along.
  • Options
    theshadowbroker1theshadowbroker1 Banned Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Content Removed by Admin]
  • Options
    supersaiyansonsupersaiyanson Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Yes, they need to buff the GF a lot. Don't buff their aggro generation, just buff their dps more. That way I can kill people even faster in pvp while they tremble in fear when they see me!
  • Options
    supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    neverwinter is doing so well that people can run around with client-side infinite stamina!

Download any c++ ide and compile the following sourcecode by yourself

enjoy

code:

ban this tool please! He's going to get all our topics locked.
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

We plan to look into class balance feedback in more detail in the near future. I do apologize that we have been receiving wonderful feedback from you guys, but have not been able to address it as quickly as we would have liked. As we move forward with the fixes for the current items at hand, we do plan on giving balance feedback an in-depth review and communicate with our players on that progress. Thanks for your patience, support, and understanding!
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that's good to hear.

Now shut up and gimme warlox. =[
  • Options
    v0li0nv0li0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played "every" tank class in "every" MMO since Median59 beta 1995, and in my very humble opinion. The GWF needs allot of work! The previous pre-open (beta) versions were in the ballpark in comparative to the current classes, fine tuning required perhaps. The GF is also greatly lacking. Hopefully this will be attended to in a timely fashion, however past experience has proven to the contrary.

Edit: in reference to dezstravus post, I believe the current data supports a hard look at the class/s as soon as possible.
    holdtheline.com - gaming advocacy network
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardian fighter is awesome.

Great Weapon is situational but cool.

Also, GWF had higher DPS than the rogue in the beta, it was nerfed. I am sure balance changes will come again soon.

Also, for the guy who says tanking is not needed...I love my guardian who sits on the cleric and keeps her alive. This is the best plan. You dont 'tank' in the traditional sense of it (stand still, spam taunts, take all the damage) you are supposed to be mobile and defend, all attacks can be interrupted by your shield so..you know..STAND IN FRONT OF THE CLERIC AND HOLD UP THE SHIELD.

Please. :P
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    foxwater wrote: »
    Guardian fighter is awesome.
    Also, for the guy who says tanking is not needed...I love my guardian who sits on the cleric and keeps her alive. This is the best plan. You dont 'tank' in the traditional sense of it (stand still, spam taunts, take all the damage) you are supposed to be mobile and defend, all attacks can be interrupted by your shield so..you know..STAND IN FRONT OF THE CLERIC AND HOLD UP THE SHIELD.

Please. :P

I agree, GF is Guardian Fighter, not Guardian, not Paladin, not Defender ... it is Fighter. its FIGHT and GUARD, not GUARD only. every class has it own ability and job, not everyone is going YOLO!, or SPARTA!, that what call TEAMING UP. so if you can only do SOLO dont play skirmish/dungeon/PvP Domination, just play story quest or grind fest.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Guardian Fighter is some of the most fun I've ever had in an MMORPG, but I'm only level 20, so I can't speak for the whole experience yet. I also primarily use him solo (he's my first and only character so far), although I'm investing in aggro management skills for teaming later.

But I will say this, if I thought about all the MMORPG characters I've made and really enjoyed playing over the past 15+ years, my Guardian Fighter would most certainly be in the top 5 as things stand for me now. That's a tough rank to score, too, thinking back on my stable of City of Heroes characters.

Even at level 20, my Guardian Fighter is a solid tank, but he's not invincible. He's also not a damage dealer, he doesn't go around dropping enemies at his level and above--but then again, I'm not building him for DPS. There seems to be options to do that, which I'll appreciate later if those paths are substantial (it will give the class some replayability for the Altitis I have Cryptic/Paragon to thank for).

I also agree with the comments above about mobility, and maybe that's what makes "tanking" in this game so refreshing and exciting. You can't just stand there. There's a lot of strategy in slotting out your powers and in the ways that you use them in big nasty fights. Brute force is often not good enough, and you know what? Good. He's just the right amount of toughness and weakness to keep the game challenging and interesting to me at this point in time.
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v0li0n wrote: »
    I've played "every" tank class in "every" MMO since Median59 beta in 1995, and in my very humble opinion. The GWF needs allot of work! The previous pre-open (beta) versions were in the ballpark in comparative to the current classes, fine tuning required perhaps. The GF is also greatly lacking. Hopefully this will be attended to in a timely fashion, however past experience has proven to the contrary.

Except that, uh... GWF isn't a tank class?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF simply needs to lower the learning curve. Give the class Punishing Charge and Indomitable Battle Strike, two core powers in his build, in much lower levels.

Punishing Charge should be available very early since it's the class's mobility tool.

Probably there should be a slight twink in the At-Will damage, again to make low levels less painful.

In the endgame the class is fine and scales very well with gear.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!