test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So, called it on the Thank You packs. (or whatever they want to call it)

13»

Comments

• Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    swamprat40 wrote: »
    lol and i suppose YOU are one of these "legit players"?

I didn't exploit anything and I haven't fallen into the cash shop with hundred/thousands of $$$....so yes?
  • Options
    antonn131313antonn131313 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Burger joint or sub shop ?

Dango or Mango?
  • Options
    rezargamerrezargamer Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    protoskull wrote: »
    Meanwhile 91 people (at least) die in a tornado and you complain about some virtual meaningless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a video game. Get some perspective.
    Who gives a ****, over 500 people died in Iraq the last week.

How about you get some perspective.
  • Options
    hamukochanhamukochan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you read back through the posts, you might have a better understanding.

He created characters for the sole purpose of aquiring more of the daily coins, proclaiming himself to be "intelligent" by figuring this out.
    While it may appear to be minor, it is the basis of all "exploits". That is what I was commenting on. Just because his "exploit" would appear to be rather insignificant, it is all perspective based. He may only be doing this on one account with a few toons, there are people who are doing this on tons of accounts. So the question is, where does the exploit start? That was the point. He is not intelligent because he figured this out, in fact, most would proclaim him to be an arrogant fool. He is boasting about doing something that is quite laughable.

Which brings us to the current exploit that caused the roll-back. This exploit had been going on since day one. So when did it start? With the person who did it for 10k AD's the person who did it for 1mil AD's or when everyone did it for billions of AD's ?? an exploit is an exploit. Just because you did it for less, or what appears to be an insignificant amount, does not mean it's not an exploit.

So who is the exploiter on account coins? This guy, who is only doing it on one or two characters, or the person who is doing it on two characters over 100 accounts ? His boastful nature is quite humorous. Hence the "bottom feeder" tag. His attempt to make himself appear intelligent in effect proved his stupidity. An exploit is an exploit reguardless of how much you get out of it.

So it's an exploit if you invoke on more than one character, and it's just as bad as the auction exploit? When did Cryptic/PWE say we can only invoke on a single character? If I play one character and invoke on it regularly and later decide to play a different one, do I have to continue invoking on the first or can I start invoking on the new one instead? If this is such a huge problem, why hasn't Cryptic added a limit on how many times you can invoke on a single IP address?
  • Options
    vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    What's the difference if I use 3 players from one account or 1 player from 3 accounts? The same amount of AD is still hitting the server. I guess exploiters were smart to sign up for 30 accounts and pray all day long.
  • Options
    dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268461-So-there-are-going-to-be-thank-you-packs-but

Yep, not a single bag, respec token or even Lockbox Key in site. Just a bunch of cosmetic and semi-useful stuff. I guess that's about all I've come to expect from PWE/Cryptic...

Some people lost a LOT (not me though) in the rollback, for an exploit that wasn't even their fault and should have been detected in Closed Beta. They deserve more. Even if you can't give them that more (for whatever reason) it should be acknowledged that the players don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Anyway, I said most of what I wanted to say in the other thread, so I'm out for now.

The epic whinging on these forums is what keeps me coming back. I had to deduct one point though for lack of cussing, and red text.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?268461-So-there-are-going-to-be-thank-you-packs-but

Yep, not a single bag, respec token or even Lockbox Key in site. Just a bunch of cosmetic and semi-useful stuff. I guess that's about all I've come to expect from PWE/Cryptic...

Some people lost a LOT (not me though) in the rollback, for an exploit that wasn't even their fault and should have been detected in Closed Beta. They deserve more. Even if you can't give them that more (for whatever reason) it should be acknowledged that the players don't deserve this sort of treatment.

Anyway, I said most of what I wanted to say in the other thread, so I'm out for now.

Make that two points.....there's no mention of what will be included in these 'thank you' packs in the thread you linked.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wanted a real pony in my thank you pack but was there one? NO! I told everyone in my guild that there was no way this company was going to be cool enough to do what needed to be done. We deserve ponies for our suffering. Or at least rocket launchers.

Roffles! Excellent post.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edgenw wrote: »
    Why are you on a video game forum, in a subsection specifically designated for discussions about Neverwinter, bringing up this point? No offense, but it sounds like you're the one who needs to work on their RELEVANCE TO THE TOPIC, because you seem to be confused about where you are and what kind of content you can expect to find here.

Shame on you for using a real life tragedy in a silly attempt to insult someone on the forums.

You are looking for the word relevance, not perspective.

FTFY
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    apostasyxapostasyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh no, I was at work during the 7 hours they rolled back, and lost nothing.. wait WHAT THE ****!? I get free stuff from them... and even a stone that heals you to full 50 times, and all this other stuff they didn't have to give me, let me go complain about it on the forums.
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013

Seriously? Well im just glad its *semi useful stuff* and not just a bunch of *useless stuff* compared to what some other companies *offer* as a thank you apology as freebies its not the worst imho. It could of been a bit better I suppose, they could of splashed out a little more and maybe won a few more over.

But theres always a few in the player base who will always be happy with them and those who will always been angry it seems.

Cryptic ....... as a show of our appreciation we will be giving out virtual belly button lint......

Player A responds "Oh thank you so much cryptic!!/pwe whatever

Player B responds "what the fark!!!!! ^(&(^(^))!!!!! &)(*&^*%&^!!! O)&)&)&)(&!!!!

Player A and B bicker back and forth throughout the thread.

But say instead they offer 10 keys, 1 nightmare mount, 2 cats, 2 bags, 2 charactor slots...... the exact same thing happens anyway.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    There are always going to be some people very unhappy about the rare stuff they lost on sunday, but that can't be helped and is better than a total wipe, but most people would have lost celestial coins and some AD, so it would have been nice if the packs contained the 5 and 7 celestial coin rewards and possibly some AD. It wouldn't have been totally overboard or overpowered and would have made a lot more people happy.

The other thing I am surprised about is people haven't complained about the lost AD from posting auctions that have now expired, without anybody having a chance to bid on them.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hamukochan wrote: »
    So it's an exploit if you invoke on more than one character, and it's just as bad as the auction exploit? When did Cryptic/PWE say we can only invoke on a single character? If I play one character and invoke on it regularly and later decide to play a different one, do I have to continue invoking on the first or can I start invoking on the new one instead? If this is such a huge problem, why hasn't Cryptic added a limit on how many times you can invoke on a single IP address?

There is absolutely no amount of explaining I can do for some of you who simply read what was posted and can not comprehend what was written. Try reading it again. If that doesn't work.

See Spot. See Spot run. See Spot run very fast.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again, this is nothing more than an example of what is going on that people are so upset about. You claim to be intelligent for creating more toons for the sole purpose of aquiring more items. That is exactly what everyone else has done that is proclaimed as "exploits". They did not create the coding that allows for this to happen. They used items and skills and quests and, and, and, and, and, and. You just happen to be a bottom feeder, exploiting the ability to create toons for the sole purpose of aquiring more items. No difference, you just aren't as greedy, or perhaps, just short sighted. Someone with more intelligence is doing this on multiple accounts. But hey. you're intelligent, everyone else is not.

Your ability to create additional toons, thereby giving u more items than intended, is hurting me. Please stop. O'wait. you won't do that, cause u are intelligent and that would decrease the amount of stuff you get.

Those of us who are even more intelligent will continue to utilize that which is allowed, until the day they choose it to no longer be a way to aquire goods. It's not the fault of the community, it's the fault of the programmers. But only intelligent people can ever figure this out. O'wait. intelligence or greed hmmmmmmmmm I wonder which it really is ? Maybe I'll take a pole.

It is Poll, not pole.
    How can buying more character slots, creating alts that craft and pray be considered an exploit?
    If you think that that is an exploit, minor or not. I don't really think that you comprehend what an exploit is.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is absolutely no amount of explaining I can do for some of you who simply read what was posted and can not comprehend what was written. Try reading it again. If that doesn't work.

See Spot. See Spot run. See Spot run very fast.

Maybe people cannot comprehend what you are explaining because you analogy is pretty far off in your comparison.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Umm ok, I guess you want a congrats?
  • Options
    vaeledrinvaeledrin Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1MOoZYrLp5d0AC2eV-brIE607mVw-8bA9ISKztJGWV7FK4bYNhA
  • Options
    corleone33corleone33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lot of the things OP has said have been pretty dumb, but can we all agree that praying with multiple toons isn't an exploit..?
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    corleone33 wrote: »
    A lot of the things OP has said have been pretty dumb, but can we all agree that praying with multiple toons isn't an exploit..?

Yeah I agree with that.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Well good! Personally I'm the last of my friends still playing. They laughed at me and the exploit situation on mumble yesterday.

The gameplay is solid, the exploits and customer service are the worst in the industry.

Why should we care about you or your friends? Right now you are just ranting and raving and I bet still playing with your friends in this game. Otherwise you wouldn't be here since there would be no point in complaining
  • Options
    blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, so much flaming on my thread...I feel special? Or something. :)
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What a glorious sense of entitlement you have. Hope you're having fun with it.

Note: The feeling that somebody owes you something does not actually mean somebody owes you something.