test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caturday Survivor's Pack... Seriously?

nocturnalnemesisnocturnalnemesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
All I can say is what a joke, you take the server offline, steal all my celestial coins on all 3 of my characters ( On the same account of course which I bought with ZEN ) Take the auction house offline which I was currently trying to bid on the only item I needed left in the AH "Gemmed Exquisite Pants" which had 4 hours remaining for a steal of a deal at 220,000 AD as a LEGIT player you have completely SCREWED me, this past couple days of playing have been torture, from waiting for a single hour ETA to a delayed 7+ hours until I finally gave up hope, then to log on the next day missing my chance at obtaining my coalescent wards they are all gone, auction house is down, re rolled 7 hours to where I stayed up till 6:30 AM for nothing, I feel like as a legit player I was robbed and you did nothing to beg and scrape to say "SORRY OUR APOLOGIES" WE will reward everyone with something for their losses. Well, your reward was just junk, to a level 60 who no longer requires EXP or some useless Cat Cape and Dwarven Mask of uselessness, I have already paid atleast 100$ and to be honest, I doubt I will be spending another penny unless compensated for such a complete and utter waste of my time.

A very angry paying customer,
Nemesis
Post edited by nocturnalnemesis on

Comments

• drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nevermind, overlooked it
  • tjockustjockus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lucky you that my wish didnt come true then.. I voted for a complete wipe...
  • nocturnalnemesisnocturnalnemesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I just expected something like a coffer of enchantments? Not a box of uselessness? If anything this was a slap in the face in my opinion.
  • wakerglasswakerglass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    here come the waterworks
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention the cape is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> buggy .

The box of useless junk can be looked at as a parting gift for the mass exodus this game is witnessing as we speak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    Did you honestly expect any different than a moneygrabgame? They grabbed your money fo sho!
  • aleabugaleabug Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people should be grateful most game company's wouldn't even think of giving free gifts let alone apologize during an open beta.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is what a joke, you take the server offline, steal all my celestial coins on all 3 of my characters ( On the same account of course which I bought with ZEN ) Take the auction house offline which I was currently trying to bid on the only item I needed left in the AH "Gemmed Exquisite Pants" which had 4 hours remaining for a steal of a deal at 220,000 AD as a LEGIT player you have completely SCREWED me, this past couple days of playing have been torture, from waiting for a single hour ETA to a delayed 7+ hours until I finally gave up hope, then to log on the next day missing my chance at obtaining my coalescent wards they are all gone, auction house is down, re rolled 7 hours to where I stayed up till 6:30 AM for nothing, I feel like as a legit player I was robbed and you did nothing to beg and scrape to say "SORRY OUR APOLOGIES" WE will reward everyone with something for their losses. Well, your reward was just junk, to a level 60 who no longer requires EXP or some useless Cat Cape and Dwarven Mask of uselessness, I have already paid atleast 100$ and to be honest, I doubt I will be spending another penny unless compensated for such a complete and utter waste of my time.

Nemesis

Neverwinter is currently in Open Beta with bugs, game imbalances, roll-backs, etc to be expected. You should adjust your expectations when you are testing a beta product...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your feedback! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • therumancer23therumancer23 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Nemesis

My opinion is mixed, The Caturday pack is a nice gesture and similar to what I was expecting. To be honest with you the reward is only for a 7 hour rollback, which isn't all that and pretty mild as far some of the other rollbacks I've seen in other MMOS. To be entirely fair it would be irresponsible to flood the game with amazing stuff, and truthfully it's kind of amazing how this rollback seems to have coincidently affected the most amazing 7 hours of gameplay that every player has experienced in any MMO to date. To be fair it's impossible to really evaluate who lost what during the rollback, and you can't fairly assign value to "chances" of having obtained things like wards or an auction (4 hours is kind of a long time, the person putting up the auction could have taken it down, and there might very well have been a price-sniping war at the finish line).

I do tend to agree that they should have considered making some of the items more useful, my big problem is with the Cat Cape itself which isn't even really usable at low levels by newbie characters due to it going in a regular item slot and having no stats. The mask is cool, and is a neat social item. The 50 shot health stone is a nice thing to have since that's a full heal 50 times. IMO the cape itself should have been a leveling item that improves it's stats with the wearer's level like some of the armor in STO (also made by Cryptic) so Caturday survivors could display their cat cape throughout their career without gimping themselves terribly if they so chose. Either that or it should have been attached to a body social item so you could wear it with the mask via your social tab.

My actual problem with the situation is that Cryptic/PWE hasn't really done much to address the central problem of all of the stuff in the economy, nor do they seem to have considered that the problem goes back further than the 7 hours that they rolled back, as evidenced by the farmers who were selling Astral Diamonds at a million per $12 before the actual "Catastrophe". Nor does it appear that the cats and other ill gotten loots obtained with the hacked diamonds have been removed from the game, allowing many of the exploiters to benefit from these events. Their philosophy seems to be that the economy will straighten itself out over time, when in reality that isn't going to be the case, I have a feeling Neverwinter will be feeling the effects of this for a very long time to come.
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They took servers offline to fix an exploit, rather than a full wipe or rollback of several days they chose 7 hours to least impact people. They owe us literally nothing, they chose to give us a pack with some random stuff (the health stone is awesome btw) and a title.

I am at a complete loss as to why people feel so entitled that getting something for free in a game they don't have to pay for is not good enough for them.
  • caydyncaydyn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Neverwinter is currently in Open Beta with bugs, game imbalances, roll-backs, etc to be expected. You should adjust your expectations when you are testing a beta product...

I dont understand why people dont realize this. No real money was lost, everything bought for with real money is still there or the money is there.
  • thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    caydyn2 wrote: »
    I dont understand why people dont realize this. No real money was lost, everything bought for with real money is still there or the money is there.
    Because you are missing the big picture, they have had endless amounts of exploits that for the most part took too long to fix and don't give me it is beta <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they took money, it is released. Still have no idea on the impact of the economy, have to give it probably a week, or at least a couple days for AH to balance out somewhat(when it does come back)

Anyway the pack was insulting, especially as a level 60, so guess I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out...And you will ask why I am still even posting, it is because I was did want to this game to succeed; I loved the combat so much and had friends playing, but they have left.

Although one final and serious point, if they got rid of righteousness (40% self healing debuff for clerics). At least for max level pve, it is ridiculous and trying to make clerics have to use potions, well we have to use hearthstones to even survive whatever, pots do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, soo yeaah.
  • tbcxtbcx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Point-by-point:
    All I can say is what a joke, you take the server offline, steal all my celestial coins on all 3 of my characters ( On the same account of course which I bought with ZEN)

They did not "steal" all of your Celestial coins. Did they handle the situation perfectly? No, but name me a company running an MMO that has handled a serious issue flawlessly according to every single member of the community. They could have done loads better, but they could have done an incredible deal worse. Missing out on a few daily rewards that cost literally nothing but 10 seconds of your time is kinda silly to whine about. It is unfortunate that they did not freeze the coins in place (although that might have messed with their planned reset) or remove the timer altogether, but they didn't. Unfortunate, but not earthshatteringly terrible.
    Take the auction house offline which I was currently trying to bid on the only item I needed left in the AH "Gemmed Exquisite Pants" which had 4 hours remaining for a steal of a deal at 220,000 AD as a LEGIT player you have completely SCREWED me

THEY did not screw you. Those that took advantage of an incredibly seriously exploit that, arguably, should not have existed in the first place, screwed you and the rest of the community over. But hey, guess what? They also screwed Cryptic over. Was it their plan to have the game down for so many hours while they scrambled to fix the problem? No. Would they have preferred the servers be up in an hour or, ideally, not have gone down at all? You betcha. It's a shame that you missed out on some good deals, but those deals are probably not once in a lifetime.
    this past couple days of playing have been torture, from waiting for a single hour ETA to a delayed 7+ hours until I finally gave up hope, then to log on the next day missing my chance at obtaining my coalescent wards they are all gone, auction house is down, re rolled 7 hours to where I stayed up till 6:30 AM for nothing

Again, this is a non-issue. It is incredibly unfortunate that it happened to you, but it also happened to everyone else as well. Everyone is dealing with the fallout due to the server resets but to get so angry at the wrong party is just silly.
    I feel like as a legit player I was robbed and you did nothing to beg and scrape to say "SORRY OUR APOLOGIES" WE will reward everyone with something for their losses. Well, your reward was just junk, to a level 60 who no longer requires EXP or some useless Cat Cape and Dwarven Mask of uselessness,

So what you wanted them to do was created a series of tiered rewards that match the level of each character while still being fair to the playerbase as a whole. Levels 1-10 get rewards that cater to them while level 60 gets rewards tiered directly to them. Do you realize how impossible that is? They gave items, which they did not have to give at all, that were fair and balanced for all parties involved. Do you get the benefit of every single one? No, but you shouldn't just because you are a higher level than the bulk of the population. Game companies and MMOs get serious backlash when they favor one group of players over another.
    I have already paid atleast 100$ and to be honest, I doubt I will be spending another penny unless compensated for such a complete and utter waste of my time.

Good on you for supporting a company that deserves it because they made a solid, enjoyable game. Bad on you for punishing them for something they did not even ask for. You shouldn't be demanding perfection or special treatment just because you put in a few dollars more than the next player. You decided, of your own accord, to donate and support a game that you liked. Do you want a shrine built in your honor in addition to the benefits you got from spending your "hardearned real monies"?

People like you are the reason online game communities have a hard time being taken seriously and, in general, are seen as toxic. Take a step back from your pedastal before you insult the devs of a game that deserves better than this.
    edited May 2013
    aleabug wrote: »
    people should be grateful most game company's wouldn't even think of giving free gifts let alone apologize during an open beta.

This is no longer open beta and people are spending their IRL money , so learn your facts before you go and post.
  • jiki05jiki05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If Neverwinter was in beta they shouldn't be taking real money at all if they knew there was going to be problems. The problems get compounded on even more when there is real money involved in a game touting itself as "beta". Better to just take down the cash shop and get rid of the bugs/exploits.

I knew having these "founder" packs was another way for a company to money grab on a license. Great game but the nickel and diming of customers are sickening.
  • atechhhatechhh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the capes physics suk too!!!! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> winds up inside my body on my head wtf
  • procompsagnathusprocompsagnathus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this is the worst part of your day life must be really rough.
    edited May 2013
    tbcx wrote: »
    Point-by-point:

They did not "steal" all of your Celestial coins. Did they handle the situation perfectly? No, but name me a company running an MMO that has handled a serious issue flawlessly according to every single member of the community. They could have done loads better, but they could have done an incredible deal worse. Missing out on a few daily rewards that cost literally nothing but 10 seconds of your time is kinda silly to whine about. It is unfortunate that they did not freeze the coins in place (although that might have messed with their planned reset) or remove the timer altogether, but they didn't. Unfortunate, but not earthshatteringly terrible.

THEY did not screw you. Those that took advantage of an incredibly seriously exploit that, arguably, should not have existed in the first place, screwed you and the rest of the community over. But hey, guess what? They also screwed Cryptic over. Was it their plan to have the game down for so many hours while they scrambled to fix the problem? No. Would they have preferred the servers be up in an hour or, ideally, not have gone down at all? You betcha. It's a shame that you missed out on some good deals, but those deals are probably not once in a lifetime.

Again, this is a non-issue. It is incredibly unfortunate that it happened to you, but it also happened to everyone else as well. Everyone is dealing with the fallout due to the server resets but to get so angry at the wrong party is just silly.

So what you wanted them to do was created a series of tiered rewards that match the level of each character while still being fair to the playerbase as a whole. Levels 1-10 get rewards that cater to them while level 60 gets rewards tiered directly to them. Do you realize how impossible that is? They gave items, which they did not have to give at all, that were fair and balanced for all parties involved. Do you get the benefit of every single one? No, but you shouldn't just because you are a higher level than the bulk of the population. Game companies and MMOs get serious backlash when they favor one group of players over another.

Good on you for supporting a company that deserves it because they made a solid, enjoyable game. Bad on you for punishing them for something they did not even ask for. You shouldn't be demanding perfection or special treatment just because you put in a few dollars more than the next player. You decided, of your own accord, to donate and support a game that you liked. Do you want a shrine built in your honor in addition to the benefits you got from spending your "hardearned real monies"?

People like you are the reason online game communities have a hard time being taken seriously and, in general, are seen as toxic. Take a step back from your pedastal before you insult the devs of a game that deserves better than this.

Thank you for your long response, I read about half of it and skimmed the rest, I understand what you are saying these folks owe us nothing, Well enough said I did support this company, and with a SLAP in the face like the gift the gave out I will no longer spend anything. I do not think the exploit was the fault of Cryptic but they could of Handled this situation a lot better then affecting EVERYONE who plays and you make only think that was a 7 Hour Rollback, but the servers were also off for 12-14 Hours + 7 Hour rollback meant that all my celestial coins disappeared, all those coins were a chance at a 140,000 AD Ward or a 10.00$ Zen Reward, now I have 3 characters and that is 140,000 AD x 3 or 10.00$ x 3 Your choice at what currency you feel cheated on, this is bollocks and I wont pay anymore money to a service who doesn't support their own customers when they have been wronged. Nuff said.
  • jadetorajadetora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Beta = Closed to the general public.

The word 'beta' in this case would not hold up in court if a legitimate case was brought up against them and they tried to defend themselves with it. It's open to anyone that wants to play, there are going to be no wipes, and they are making money off the game. This is not a 'beta'.

Additionally the Caturday pack is rather pathetic, yes. First of all, the cape is completely useless and even if it weren't, capes are inherently buggy in and of themselves, frequently clipping into your pelvis. What about Tieflings as well? We can't very well wear capes with our tails without it looking completely ridiculous and wrong.

Honestly, we've defended Cryptic in the past and generally said 'tut-tut' to the whiners, but Cryptic is very quickly making us rethink our stance.

This bug was inexcusable and screams of unprofessionalism for the simple fact that it wasn't caught before it went viral or before it was even live.

We are definitely disappointed with everything in general from Cryptic lately.
    edited May 2013
    Dont even feel like editting my posts, too many spelling mistakes and too much care not given to fix it, Im done complaining on the forums I doubt they will fix or compensate anyone except for this useless green cape of junk, PEACE.

Edit ; apparently a light word was muted, changed to a more appropiate word.

-Nemesis
  • aleabugaleabug Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is no longer open beta and people are spending their IRL money , so learn your facts before you go and post.
    people who spent money didnt lose out on anything all zen spent in the 7 hour period was given back so put them facts in ya pipe and smoke that ya lil punk.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the jokes were nice ;p but yes, at least make the cape being able to replace looks of dungeon gear with.
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aleabug wrote: »
    people who spent money didnt lose out on anything all zen spent in the 7 hour period was given ack so put them facts in y pipe and smoke that ya lil punk.

they lost out on something. Their dignity the second they gave Perfect World a dollar.
  • mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because you are missing the big picture, they have had endless amounts of exploits that for the most part took too long to fix and don't give me it is beta <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, they took money, it is released. Still have no idea on the impact of the economy, have to give it probably a week, or at least a couple days for AH to balance out somewhat(when it does come back)

Anyway the pack was insulting, especially as a level 60, so guess I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out...And you will ask why I am still even posting, it is because I was did want to this game to succeed; I loved the combat so much and had friends playing, but they have left.

Although one final and serious point, if they got rid of righteousness (40% self healing debuff for clerics). At least for max level pve, it is ridiculous and trying to make clerics have to use potions, well we have to use hearthstones to even survive whatever, pots do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, soo yeaah.

You're missing the big picture.... don't like it, DON'T play, what is anyone accomplishing by whining? It's easy to quit an MMO, log in, hit delete character, and never visit the site again.... see, easy as pie, I've done so for MMOs I've grown to hate, It's a helluva lot more productive than whining, and making jackasses of yourselves on the forums.
    edited May 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    Beta = Closed to the general public.

The word 'beta' in this case would not hold up in court if a legitimate case was brought up against them and they tried to defend themselves with it. It's open to anyone that wants to play, there are going to be no wipes, and they are making money off the game. This is not a 'beta'.

Additionally the Caturday pack is rather pathetic, yes. First of all, the cape is completely useless and even if it weren't, capes are inherently buggy in and of themselves, frequently clipping into your pelvis. What about Tieflings as well? We can't very well wear capes with our tails without it looking completely ridiculous and wrong.

Honestly, we've defended Cryptic in the past and generally said 'tut-tut' to the whiners, but Cryptic is very quickly making us rethink our stance.

This bug was inexcusable and screams of unprofessionalism for the simple fact that it wasn't caught before it went viral or before it was even live.

We are definitely disappointed with everything in general from Cryptic lately.

Everyone seems to think this is still BETA it was announced in the news that with great success Neverwinter is LIVE! Definitely thought to start contributing to such a wonderful game and a company but when they turn around and punish all of us legit players and STILL haven't banned people buying/selling cats in-game I am pretty upset, oh but Happy Caturday hope you enjoy your useless Crate of junk.

-Nemesis
  • liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and truthfully it's kind of amazing how this rollback seems to have coincidently affected the most amazing 7 hours of gameplay that every player has experienced in any MMO to date.
    HAHA! you win the internet... So true..
    edited May 2013
    mrz1mmers wrote: »
    It's a helluva lot more productive than whining, and making jackasses of yourselves on the forums.

I don't think Ive made a (name from mrz1mmers post) of myself at all, I simply wanted to see if everyone else felt like this pack was a god dang joke.

Editted for language.
    edited May 2013
    liquin wrote: »
    HAHA! you win the internet... So true..

You guys must not read, 7 Hour Rollback + 14 Hour downtime = No Celestial Coins are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or do I have to do the math 18 times?
  • atechhhatechhh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter rip cryptic and neverwinter