test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dodge mechanics

forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
you cannot give cw and rogue so much cc, range, damage and give them this cheap *** ability as well that can be spammed

or cooldowns should be refunded if they dodge your ability

drunk developers
Post edited by forsakenlich1 on

Comments

• Options
    inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here we go again. Forsaken with his GWF rant. Obviously you've never played a TR. It cannot be spammed. It can be used 2 times before we are out of stamina. Then we have to wait for it to refill. Seriously, do you just post randomly every time you are beat in PvP? Is your ego so fragile that a class must be nerfed to the ground in order for you to feel superior? Stop trying to nerf a PvE game for the sake of PvP...
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    Stop trying to nerf a PvE game for the sake of PvP...

/sigh... here we go again. Just because you don't like to PvP or whatever does not mean this game is a PvE game...
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On Topic: Aye. As rogues we can only use dodge twice. I'm not sure about the wizards though, as I haven't played them yet. If your rogue opponents are able to dodge your attacks on time, then friend I'm pretty sure you were up against a skilled rogue user. It's hard to properly time the dodges and choose which attacks to dodge, because we only get a limited amount of dodges.
    grtaylor wrote: »
    /sigh... here we go again. Just because you don't like to PvP or whatever does not mean this game is a PvE game...

But it is. It was meant to be a PVE game in the first place. It was meant for players to cooperate with each other. A competitive system like PVP is just one of the perks in this game.
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On Topic: Aye. As rogues we can only use dodge twice. I'm not sure about the wizards though, as I haven't played them yet. If your rogue opponents are able to dodge your attacks on time, then friend I'm pretty sure you were up against a skilled rogue user. It's hard to properly time the dodges and choose which attacks to dodge, because we only get a limited amount of dodges.

But it is. It was meant to be a PVE game in the first place. It was meant for players to cooperate with each other. A competitive system like PVP is just one of the perks in this game.

CW Can put some points into a paragon skill that gives us stamina when attacked, on top of that I believe it has a chance to repel the attacker. This helps with our dodge. I get about 3 dodges before a refill, and I usually am down between dodges for a few seconds or so if im out of stamina. If I didn't take this paragon skill I would get two dodges like most other classes....unless they have skills which can contribute to stamina.
  • Options
    susanosusano Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pickygamer wrote: »
    CW Can put some points into a paragon skill that gives us stamina when attacked, on top of that I believe it has a chance to repel the attacker. This helps with our dodge. I get about 3 dodges before a refill, and I usually am down between dodges for a few seconds or so if im out of stamina. If I didn't take this paragon skill I would get two dodges like most other classes....unless they have skills which can contribute to stamina.

CWs use a little less stamina for their dodge. I'm able to use ~3 before I run out of stamina; 4 if I manage it a little before dodging. Either way, I feel like CWs are a little more annoying than Rogues. Give them the gear, Skills, and the Feats, and you'll be hard-pressed to actually close in on a skilled CW before getting your arsehole torn out from a double-, triple-, or quadruple-teaming. It was in a level 19-synced fight, but I held off 2 Rogues on my own (mind you, I'm a fairly sub-par CW) without much trouble. It wasn't until an enemy CW joined in on their side that I actually had trouble, since they held me still enough for the Rogues to actually break free of CC and deal damage.

Otherwise: they'd have stayed frozen, dazed, slowed, and/or immobile until my teammates came in to tear them apart, I screw up my rotation, or they die.
  • Options
    ashergreyashergrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Dodges are one of the things I'd say are really well implemented in this game. You cant spamm them but if you time them they are effective. Its a system that rewards skill. Honestly with the proper skills any character can close the gap. Even GF's. I main a GF and I pin wizards 1v1 every time. Control wizard has the right amount of dodges. Mages are Squishy, Mages need to dodge.

Same goes for Rogue. Those CC's you complain about can be avoided/ignored/blocked depending on what class you use. Get some more practice in before judging the system.