test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New exploit reducing dungeon time by 40%, and flooding the market with endgame items

Comments

• maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think you guys should not talk if you don't know what youre talking about. I think he means the exploit when at start of dungeon you jump off the map then count down till 11 and type stuck command to spawn in the campfire before the bosses (repeat with different count down for different campfire .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It's not an exploit, it's working as intended. Smart people do that, others just run like headless chickens into mobs packs.

For some reason they banned people who made foundry maps that took advantage of that. :confused:
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hang tight guys I'm sure we will see another OMG Exploit Fix Plox! thread soon maybe they will address the nefarious way you can use companions in dungeons. or how healthstones give you 100% HP back.

:rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    For some reason they banned people who made foundry maps that took advantage of that. :confused:

Yeah, the same Foundry maps that had 50 ogres in the exact point, stuck with traps so they couldn't attack you and you could kill with a single Repel Tab. You need to point out the rest of factors in order to make the sum. ;)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited May 2013
    I think you guys should not talk if you don't know what youre talking about. I think he means the exploit when at start of dungeon you jump off the map then count down till 11 and type stuck command to spawn in the campfire before the bosses (repeat with different count down for different campfire .

The stuck command has been disabled for awhile now, unless they reactivated it, even so he should explain better no?
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Its pretty hard to ban themselves :)
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
    edited May 2013
    1 repel / 1 black holle big woef? same effect different setting ....

"enabla_godmode 1"

they should just put "generate_amountAD x" ingame?...

Read my signature and know that i am right in the current content.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point, just let the exploits continue. I've grown weary of the daily downtime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    The stuck command has been disabled for awhile now, unless they reactivated it, even so he should explain better no?

I saw it yesterday on two different streams and I can personally confirm it still works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I saw it yesterday on two different streams and I can personally confirm it still works.

If it's an actual exploit maybe we shouldn't be discussing it.
  • penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    throwing trash mobs off of cliffs are part of tactics

letting bosses die instantly by letting them fall off is another thing.
    edited May 2013
    It's cool dude, everybody abusing this wil get a rollback :D -i lolled when typing this-
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Noone wants to clear 2hours of trash mobs per dungeon..

Especially when said mobs only DROP TRASH.

You know, it bugs me that so many MMOs follow this model. No one seems to like clearing the dungeon trash, yet every single MMO dungeon is filled with corridors of trash mobs, followed by a boss every 20-40 minutes. It's like you have to finish your chores before you can get to the good part.

Obviously, the reverse won't work well either, with parties just killing the boss over and over for loot (*cough Pirate King *cough). But I do think the instances could be designed to make the lead up to the bosses less dull.
    edited May 2013

Did you bug it?

Just tried the stuck command still not working for me, so something is up, in any event running to the forums to broadcast a supposed exploit will do two things feed the drama machine (which is the whole point of the OP thread) and get your account perma banned. Bug it and move on, it isn't affecting the market prices are pretty much the same as they have always been.
    edited May 2013
    lol swanprob i read your post like

Covering up incompetence (dull trash battles) with incompetence (throwing mobs of cliffs)

Enjoyable thx dude.
    edited May 2013
    @ stormdragon i dont wanna see a drama, i wanna see invisible walls and exual strategy involved in endgame dungeons, instead of

-how about we blackhole the cleric?-
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure pushing stuff off of cliffs is an accepted tactic by the developers. There are a couple reasons for this. You get xp for killing a monster this way. Its not hard to figure out you can do it so I'm pretty sure it was tested and found out. Especially since the same can be done to the players by the monsters if the monsters have a knockback and the player is dumb. Finally it is a very common method of killing stuff in the actual DnD game. Environmental hazards and using those by the party is not only allowed but often encouraged.

Agree, adding in the rules for pushing, pulling, shifting, and teleporting monsters was a big part of D&D 4E and appears in many of the classes powers, more so in controllers, but not exclusively. So ya, it is a kinda big part of that game.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    You know, it bugs me that so many MMOs follow this model. No one seems to like clearing the dungeon trash, yet every single MMO dungeon is filled with corridors of trash mobs, followed by a boss every 20-40 minutes. It's like you have to finish your chores before you can get to the good part.

Obviously, the reverse won't work well either, with parties just killing the boss over and over for loot (*cough Pirate King *cough). But I do think the instances could be designed to make the lead up to the bosses less dull.

That is because MMO's never figure some stuff out. Want people to kill trash? Then make them drop something worth picking up. Have trash packs drop Drake seals in t2 dungeons, and unicorn in t1. Same with every craft system in the history of craft systems, in order for them not to be a waste of time they must produce something of real value to the players, otherwise it is just alot of fancy database clutter to vendor for gold or ignore entirely because it isn't worth the inventory slot. Needlessly complicated without actually adding real value.
    edited May 2013
    Nobody cares about 12 year old's opinions. Didn't you try to tell us that using exlpoits is a legit thing???

What? I am just informing everyone of what the OP is talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I just cant wait to see what happens when they dont allow the knocking off cliffs or nerf the double cleric carry. Going to be a great day in neverwinter then!
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope Cryptic nerfs this because it is very annoying! Killing mobs gives good XP and you can get tons of loot. But how can you get XP and loot if CW are always knocking stuff off the ledges?

But the worst of it all, these CW who spec for knockback deal terrible damage! My CW is spec for insane AOE damage and pretty decent single target damage. I was doing a level 45 dungeon and before we pulled the last boss, I did over 1 million damage while the 2 Knockback CW's were both under 600k !!!!!!! I DID OVER 400K MORE DAMAGE THEN THEM CAUSE ALL THEY WERE DOING WAS KNOCKING @#@# OVER LEDGES THE WHOLE TIME!

Then we start attacking the last boss and what a horrible time that was. They were doing such poor DPS we actually wiped twice, and by the 3rd try we finally got it and you won't believe the damage dealth results after the boss died.

My CW was at 1.7 million damage dealth... the two idiot knockback CW's didn't even break 1million! Oh yes! 1 of them ended with 800k and the 2nd was at 700k!

Seriously. I did 700k damage over 3 wipes on the last boss, they did around 100k to 200k damage on the 3 wipes. How pathetic is that??????????????????????

So if I understand this correction, having a Knockback Spec Combat Wizard in your group =
    - Fast trash through the dungeon since you rarely have to kill adds
    - No loot
    - No XP
    - Slow boss kill and possibly no success since you can't knock back bosses and their adds which renders knockback CW useless.

Having a damage spec Combat Wizard in your group =
    - Slower trash kills
    - More loot
    - More XP
    - Faster and easier boss kills
  • youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not new.. its been around for quite awhile... just like dropping bosses off bridges for instant kills..
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    I just cant wait to see what happens when they dont allow the knocking off cliffs or nerf the double cleric carry. Going to be a great day in neverwinter then!

If all they do is "fix" AS and stop designing bosses with cliffs then the entire endgame is going to be like the Frozen Heart kite fest. Heart breakingly stupid.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • rakeleerrakeleer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally it is a very common method of killing stuff in the actual DnD game. Environmental hazards and using those by the party is not only allowed but often encouraged.

Interestingly the mobs would only actually fall off half the time. Monsters pushed off ledges in 4e pen and paper get a saving throw to avoid the fall and catch themselves. Insta-kills on non-Minions are few and far between in pen and paper.
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    @ stormdragon i dont wanna see a drama, i wanna see invisible walls and exual strategy involved in endgame dungeons, instead of

-how about we blackhole the cleric?-

exual?...mmm this isn't the type of game you're looking for. :P

Running to the forums announcing it saying thank you like you have just started Caturday part deux says otherwise.
    edited May 2013
    rakeleer wrote: »
    Interestingly the mobs would only actually fall off half the time. Monsters pushed off ledges in 4e pen and paper get a saving throw to avoid the fall and catch themselves. Insta-kills on non-Minions are few and far between in pen and paper.

Bingo and I think that was the original intent
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    I hope Cryptic nerfs this because it is very annoying! Killing mobs gives good XP and you can get tons of loot. But how can you get XP and loot if CW are always knocking stuff off the ledges?

Which is priceless when you're sixty, all T1 purple and grinding for T2 goodies. Yes, the greens piling in your two bags with 30 slots total along with different sets for different dungeons are just awesome and I can't imagine how I'd live without them. Oh greens, my greens!

Knocking mobs off cliffs is the only thing making Lair of the Pirate Prick edible. The whole place is a like a bad joke.

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reducing dungeon time by 40%? Seriously. Sounds like an accurate number. Maybe I should believe that. No wait a second. Do you have any data to back that 40% number up?
    edited May 2013
    Reducing dungeon time by 40%? Seriously. Sounds like an accurate number. Maybe I should believe that. No wait a second. Do you have any data to back that 40% number up?

You should read my posts in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That is because MMO's never figure some stuff out. Want people to kill trash? Then make them drop something worth picking up. Have trash packs drop Drake seals in t2 dungeons, and unicorn in t1. Same with every craft system in the history of craft systems, in order for them not to be a waste of time they must produce something of real value to the players, otherwise it is just alot of fancy database clutter to vendor for gold or ignore entirely because it isn't worth the inventory slot. Needlessly complicated without actually adding real value.

Agree completely.