test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New exploit reducing dungeon time by 40%, and flooding the market with endgame items

124»

Comments

• bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tronlin wrote: »
    adds can knock you off also, so you being able to knock adds off an exploit? I dont think so.

Oh please, there's like one mob that is capable of that. The proportions should be adjusted for groups who do it too much.
    Knock off one mob? No problem.
    Knock off 50% of the mobs? Any mob hit launches you into the stratosphere.
    Entertaining AND educational!
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game was tested for months before softlaunch. Do you really believe that the developers did not know that this spell could be used the way it is being used? Are you suggesting that they had absolutely no idea that mobs could be knocked off of cliffs? If you are then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Calling this an exploit is an insult to legitimate players who are simply playing out PWEs design.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game was tested for months before softlaunch. Do you really believe that the developers did not know that this spell could be used the way it is being used? Are you suggesting that they had absolutely no idea that mobs could be knocked off of cliffs? If you are then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

The game was tested for months before softlaunch. Do you really believe that the developers did not know that you could use <redacted> to kill a boss repeatedly for loot? Are you suggesting that they had absolutely no idea that a set bonus could make you deal millions of damage with a single hit? If you are then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    The game was tested for months before softlaunch. Do you really believe that the developers did not know that you could use <redacted> to kill a boss repeatedly for loot? Are you suggesting that they had absolutely no idea that a set bonus could make you deal millions of damage with a single hit? If you are then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

...you are attempting to use a comparison between a skill that is used hourly with no reports of bugs..no insta kills on bosses..a spell that works as intended but has been used in specific areas..(areas I might add that are not off limits) with actual bugs on armor that insta kills bosses..bugs on bosses that cause them to respawn..You are comparing apples and oranges and the dichotomy is quite obvious to sane people like myself and many others.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think calamintha is just pointing out that there have been numerous of bug reports over the past months and not a single one of them has been resolved, as a result this could have been bug reported but just not handled, in the same way i feel banning the people using the AH exploit is a fail. It was known, in previeus games it also had happened, it was reported to cryptic, but they failed to adress it, so any use of the exploit is not there fault.

Obviuesly they where only banned because they touched the "real money" side of this game, unlike tossing mobs of cliffs witch has no direct influence on this, and wil be left unchecked for months to come, pretty much like the rebalancing of GF/GWF wil remain unchecked for months.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    I think calamintha is just pointing out that there have been numerous of bug reports over the past months and not a single one of them has been resolved

I'd say it's a gross exaggeration to claim that "not a single one of them has been resolved," unless you just don't read patch notes.

Regardless, it's simply true that the CW spell is not "bugged" & that comparing it to the GF set exploit is irrational.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Every ini is full of exploits and shortcuts. but the OP's issue isnt.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good lord... it's part of the game man... I use this all the time rather then spend 5/10/15... mins taking down a mob, if we can push em off a cliff...so be it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • lordofscornlordofscorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Did they also design the pirate king to occasionally throw himself off his own boat and die out of loot range?

He just rolled a double 1 on his dex check, that is all.
  • lordofscornlordofscorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as being an exploit in a bugged sense, I do not believe so. It is intended from what I have seen in most cases. However, it is exploiting a mechanic when you start taking 2 control wizards and clerics to round up all mobs and trivially destroy everything quickly. It essentially makes GWF and GF pointelss/useless to even come and has to be an oversight. I'm pretty sure the devs intended one of each class in a party and it's likely to get fixed/toned down in some manner.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    On the other hand... cheap epics! :)
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As far as being an exploit in a bugged sense, I do not believe so. It is intended from what I have seen in most cases. However, it is exploiting a mechanic when you start taking 2 control wizards and clerics to round up all mobs and trivially destroy everything quickly. It essentially makes GWF and GF pointelss/useless to even come and has to be an oversight. I'm pretty sure the devs intended one of each class in a party and it's likely to get fixed/toned down in some manner.

I sincerely hope that was the intent. If it wasn't? and things are as intended? The next class to be added will be total chaos.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • triggermentriggermen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    . The biggest challenge in dungeons "GETTING PAST THE QUEUE"
    edited May 2013
    triggermen wrote: »
    . The biggest challenge in dungeons "GETTING PAST THE QUEUE"

What's it like? Waiting for queues. I have to deal with the occasional kick because of my class but generally my GF queues are less then 30 seconds :D
  • vernoinferno71vernoinferno71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I queued for dungeons last night and gave up after an hour of not getting in. Really? Too many clerics and too few of groups?
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can knock off Mobs, yes.

Bosses? No, You can't.

And you are full of it too. I was in the Ice Caverns Dungeon and the second boss did just that. got blown off the edge. no loot at all dropped since he was knocked off.
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    And you are full of it too. I was in the Ice Caverns Dungeon and the second boss did just that. got blown off the edge. no loot at all dropped since he was knocked off.

Are you sure he didn't charge off the cliff trying to hit a player? Enhanced Golem has a gigantic range on its charge
    edited May 2013
    you can jump of the cliff and spam "F" to get the loot dude, dont be fooled. Just bump this thread to firstpage forever, maybe it wil get some attention then...

*-* bump to make GF/GWF usefull *-*
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Lol no way. The biggest challenge in dungeons are the boss adds. None of the bosses are particularly dangerous.

^^^ this

Exactly why people are pulling bosses period. They are actually super easy minus ads, pretty much like a trash mob lol
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • farronzfarronz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    players casting knockback to mobs causing them to fall off the edge = exploit
    mobs casting knockback on players causing them to fall off the edge = noooob :p

anyways, if its an exploit, fix it or warn the players not to do it. Rather than letting the "exploit" remain unfixed for an extended period of time and then ban the players who use the "exploit" when you feel like it.
  • hardpeck1hardpeck1 Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    farronz wrote: »
    players casting knockback to mobs causing them to fall off the edge = exploit
    mobs casting knockback on players causing them to fall off the edge = noooob :p

anyways, if its an exploit, fix it or warn the players not to do it. Rather than letting the "exploit" remain unfixed for an extended period of time and then ban the players who use the "exploit" when you feel like it.

What if it isn't an exploit? What if it was intended? Couldn't that be the reason they have remained silent on the issue since it's been brought up on forums multiple times a day for weeks now?
    edited May 2013
    hardpeck1 wrote: »
    What if it isn't an exploit? What if it was intended? Couldn't that be the reason they have remained silent on the issue since it's been brought up on forums multiple times a day for weeks now?

Who can tell? They do very little actual communicating.
  • farronzfarronz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    problem is, by the time there is an official response saying that this is an exploit, the next thing you notice is that your account is banned. :p
    edited May 2013
    They banned foundry creaters abusing this principle, it would be silly if they banned themselves right?...

the impact remains, GF/GFW are out of t2 dungeons, dungeons are getting cleared at a higher speed then intented, and boss difficulty is a joke..