test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.1.20130416a.30

Comments

• foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay i really like the pack, im very pleased...
    However, i still strongly believe this reward should be given to ANY ACCOUNT that has created a character before the set date, and be an account unlock NOT a character one.

Characters can get deleted and changed afterall.

That said, i love it.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxarsoxx wrote: »
    you just wait for whines of all those people that have items with low bids on the auction house that auctions expired during the time AH was off...

Maybe they'll have had the common sense to freeze the auction house when they took it offline so any remaining time to bid/cancel/buyout auction will still be there.
  • aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dillygirl wrote: »
    like this guy points out, we already know what's in the package!
    the other items are a stone of health, dwarven facemask, protectors enclave teleport scrolls, and 2 xp boosters. All items will be bound.

oh, and the cape is indeed called cape of catastroph.
    Just wondering what in the world I will do, at level 60, with experience boosters...
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • o0k1a7h3m0ko0k1a7h3m0k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    being able to AFK PvP made glory items cheaper than they would otherwise be.

You can still 'AFK' PvP. Their 'fix' did nothing to stop it. About 33-50% of my PvP games are facing an AFK team or a 'team' where the leader uses a script to kick all other party members at load. PvP, and Glory by extension, is still a joke.
  • pitgreasepitgrease Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the exploiters get both the millions AD and the cape.

Lol apparently crime does pay
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks for the gift. Not really what i wanted but the cape looks nice. Now if you want people to be able to wear it could you please make a separate "cape" slot, so that we don't have to get rid off our neck item? It's a MMO after all, and if fashion items take combat gear slots we can't really use it...
  • caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    Just wondering what in the world I will do, at level 60, with experience boosters...

At level 60, leveling companions becomes more important
  • xxarsoxxxxarsoxx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the gift. Not really what i wanted but the cape looks nice. Now if you want people to be able to wear it could you please make a separate "cape" slot, so that we don't have to get rid off our neck item? It's a MMO after all, and if fashion items take combat gear slots we can't really use it...

well you can change the appearance of items for a mere 60k AD..... what? you wanted it for free? Free to play you say? Its F2P but the P stands for Pay.

ps. yea, I'm frustrated as I dont find any of the items in the pack usefull for me at all. I see it as "We give you 5 useless items so that you would have even less inventory space and finally pay us for those bank slots/bags"
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is downloading .28 for me (was .26 before), and the patch notes state .30.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xxarsoxx wrote: »
    ps. yea, I'm frustrated as I dont find any of the items in the pack usefull for me at all. I see it as "We give you 5 useless items so that you would have even less inventory space and finally pay us for those bank slots/bags"

I think they should pay you for having the remarkable pleasure of you gracing their game with your magnificent presence. :) What community wouldn't love to have appreciative, pleasant and sensible players like you?
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for taking it with a sense of humor. :p
  • rezzernlrezzernl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Catocalips! Cat every where ohh god noooo!!!
  • narutolanbulnarutolanbul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    People who actually used this exploit should just get stripped of their AD and ofc still banned but also stripped of their AD on all their accounts (IP)
  • onlydurexonlydurex Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will server start working? :D
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a bit underwhelmed at the package. Now I'll need to buy a bag to hold the extra stuff ;) But I appreciate the thought.

In response to some of the comments above, as I understand it the Free-To-Play model works because a portion of the people will significantly invest in the product and the rest of us are here to give them someone to play with.
  • xxarsoxxxxarsoxx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    could be a bit cheaper though. They would earn more.
    $7 is too much for respec :(
  • dodger1969dodger1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Only people with accounts at the time would have the title.

No one knows what the "couple other items" are yet. Still hoping it's the celestial package items. As for AD or lockboxes, that can't be helped, but in theory, it's nothing you cant get back in 7 hours anyway.

It's not 7hrs. It's 7 days. Which really sucks when you were 5 days in with 4 characters to lose 5 days of coins. You can pray 1/hr but only get coins 1/day. They should have reset everyone at 6 coins. It wasn't the rollback that did it. It was the time lapse w/o praying because servers were down. If were a true rollback, I would still have all my coins and timer would still be a ways off. This game is starting to become frustrating. And a stupid title(which i couldn't care less about), and a cape(probably worthless due to taking neck slot). Give something we could all use, like free bag, or respec token, or bank slot. Probably won't, instead get punished(yes punished) for the actions of a few(by comparison). I lost exp, time, resources. But hey I get a nifty cape & a title(sarcasm).
  • sacred55sacred55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Things like this shouldn't ever happen. But exploits do tend to appear, and when the community finds out, it's already too late. Maybe they could've prevented it with what you say, but not even Blizzard Entertainment is free from these kind of exploits, as proven last week in Diablo 3.

These things happen... and they happen because programmers make mistakes (they are humans), and because people will try to get every advantage they can, instead of reporting the error.

A human is intelligent. The mob is not.

Yea but these exploits have been known to cryptic since early ALPHA and yet nothing done until its too late.
    Heck ppl got banned for exploiting pirate boss 1-2 weeks ago, is that exploit even fixed yet?
  • elarti1985elarti1985 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ignore my last post, I found what I was looking for :P
  • deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elarti1985 wrote: »
    Why can't I play the game? If I read the notification right it said that it will be up by 15.30... its 17.04 now :P

You read it wrong ;) They still have 25 mins left until the scheduled downtime ends
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't understand why people are getting so bent out of shape over the Celestials. It's a minor thing. And (as with any other thing with a "daily login bonus"), it's something you're going to lost/miss more times - all sorts of stuff can & will interfere. The power outage because of a rainstorm, the traffic jam on the way back from vacation, the plane being delayed half a day, being stuck with overtime at work, having to take your kid brother to the emergency room for stitches, etc, etc, etc.... plenty of things out there that'll make you maybe miss a day & lose your coins. Not worth internet rage.
    dodger1969 wrote: »
    If were a true rollback, I would still have all my coins and timer would still be a ways off.

Honestly, I don't think so. I doubt it bothers running a whole timer for every character. Odds are, it just records a variable "last time you invoked" and compares that to the current server clock when you log in. "Last Invoke" variable is more than 29 hours previous? Coins go poof. And a simple saved variable & if/then compare takes a lot less code & database to manage. (rollback wouldn't effect the server clock, since that's just, well, the current time.)
  • elarti1985elarti1985 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, I saw my mistake and edited my post but you were quicker to quote me :)
  • deepblue5deepblue5 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elarti1985 wrote: »
    yeah, I saw my mistake and edited my post but you were quicker to quote me :)

Hehe happens :)
  • riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chance0011 wrote: »
    Caturday? OMG. <3 NWN/PW/Cryptic.

Its not NWN ;) .. thats NeverWinter Nights.... other game
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sacred55 wrote: »
    Yea but these exploits have been known to cryptic since early ALPHA and yet nothing done until its too late.
    Heck ppl got banned for exploiting pirate boss 1-2 weeks ago, is that exploit even fixed yet?

Please provide one shred of proof that this exploit was known since early alpha besides someone saying that they knew about it.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • aaxxandumaaxxandum Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yey ! Good work guys :D
  • penguinjoepenguinjoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to PW/NWN/Cryptic for keeping us in the loop. It is refreshing to see a game provider who is interested in communicating with their customers.
  • traciatim1traciatim1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    Please provide one shred of proof that this exploit was known since early alpha besides someone saying that they knew about it.

There were screen shots posted by someone that showed their ticket open describing it that was 16 days old, so it's been at least known for a couple of weeks. Even then it was probably known by a few people for a long long time, but scumbag cheaters keep it to themselves and continue to cheat rather than reporting and avoiding like a reasonable human being would do.
  • caucxicancaucxican Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    traciatim1 wrote: »
    There were screen shots posted by someone that showed their ticket open describing it that was 16 days old, so it's been at least known for a couple of weeks. Even then it was probably known by a few people for a long long time, but scumbag cheaters keep it to themselves and continue to cheat rather than reporting and avoiding like a reasonable human being would do.

The real issue is that too many people treat BETA like its just early access to the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, what are these "Cats" that everyone says were being exploited? Companion? Fill me in!!
This discussion has been closed.