test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New exploit reducing dungeon time by 40%, and flooding the market with endgame items

itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Massive Black Hole = = = > cliffs

Your welcome.
Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
Post edited by itheryel on

Comments

• Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh no! End Games items are affordable! Someone help! What are we going to do! Oh! The ECONOMY!!!!!
  • Options
    micabiggmicabigg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sarcasm?

Or are you really irritated by cliffs? I have a hard time believing those are filed under exploits.
  • Options
    maligkn0maligkn0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not much of an exploit, its more of a game mechanic, the fact that your are not using it to reduce dungeon times makes you jelly, the biggest challenge in dungeons are not the mobs but the bosses itself take some tactics and skill to complete.
  • Options
    realbahalielrealbahaliel Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can knock off Mobs, yes.

Bosses? No, You can't.
  • Options
    riotwarriorriotwarrior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It isn't "end-game" completely yet, so stop crying. Gauntylgrim still has yet to release, maybe with 10's of new dungeon raids, along with 20v20 PvP. And don't you think Cryptic would of realized "oh mobs can be pushed off, so lets fix it". No. It isn't an exploit, it's playing smart.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maligkn0 wrote: »
    its not much of an exploit, its more of a game mechanic, the fact that your are not using it to reduce dungeon times makes you jelly, the biggest challenge in dungeons are not the mobs but the bosses itself take some tactics and skill to complete.

Lol no way. The biggest challenge in dungeons are the boss adds. None of the bosses are particularly dangerous.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    quseioquseio Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    or pushing mobs into spike pits totally legit
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Bosses? No, You can't.

Bosses die instantly if they fall off cliffs.

Pirate King and Temple of the Spider woman both occasionally commit suicide.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Noone wants to clear 2hours of trash mobs per dungeon..

Especially when said mobs only DROP TRASH.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If by playing smart u mean making 45% of content redundant, boss fights borring, and loot gain exponential compared to intented pattern,

Then yes sir's i fully agree.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just in... tactics are now exploits.

In combat, one uses what advantages the terrain provides as much as possible.
  • Options
    krakenaznwkrakenaznw Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Terrible game design? Definitely.

Exploit? No.
  • Options
    stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, he actually means one of their devs. CrypticCliff. He's a pretty cool guy, used to hang out in the same channel as me and some of my friends. High five, Cliff!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Noone wants to clear 2hours of trash mobs per dungeon..

Especially when said mobs only DROP TRASH.

There is no parity between dungeon trash. Karrundax trash is a harder then any boss in the dungeon. Dread Vault trash is a snooze fest.

All non boss instance mobs need a solid hp reduction :P
  • Options
    mutelunaticmutelunatic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure pushing stuff off of cliffs is an accepted tactic by the developers. There are a couple reasons for this. You get xp for killing a monster this way. Its not hard to figure out you can do it so I'm pretty sure it was tested and found out. Especially since the same can be done to the players by the monsters if the monsters have a knockback and the player is dumb. Finally it is a very common method of killing stuff in the actual DnD game. Environmental hazards and using those by the party is not only allowed but often encouraged.
  • Options
    riotwarriorriotwarrior Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    If by playing smart u mean making 45% of content redundant, boss fights borring, and loot gain exponential compared to intented pattern,

Then yes sir's i fully agree.

Well if that's your cup of tea, so be it. The majority of the dungeon runners in this game prefer to not waste their time fighting these stupid mobs, especially ones with knockback. Being a Trickster Rogue, that is by far the worst when trying to use a At-Will attack that takes 2 seconds between each strike. So stop complaining because everyone here is just going to spit venom at you, including myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    This just in... tactics are now exploits.

In combat, one uses what advantages the terrain provides as much as possible.

Players combat lazy design in any way they can, just look at the difference between Hrimnir and any boss with a cliff :D

One is a giant pain in the *** to do legit and the rest are almost boring.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Bosses? No, You can't.

Yeah we found that out the hard way the first time we ran Blackdagger skirmish.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Calling this a tactic/strategy is like going "Tornadoooooooooooo" durring a chess game

(ore in other words u dont have any so u opt for this)

and btw i play for fun, so a dungeon of 2 hours = fun for me = challenging, try it some time u might learn how to "game" instead of "work"

U guys do realise this is the reason why 45% of the content isent playable right?
    (also known as GF/GWF)

I understand ure need for greed, obviuesly, but wouldent ure time be better spend going to work then?
  • Options
    jacknilljacknill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploit? I don't think many people here know how programming works. The developers MADE the monsters take damage from falling off cliffs, spikes, etc. They did it on purpose.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jacknill wrote: »
    Exploit? I don't think many people here know how programming works. The developers MADE the monsters take damage from falling off cliffs, spikes, etc. They did it on purpose.

Bingo also it looks cool when you knock you enemy over a bridge very D&D...which the constant crybabies are bawling that there isn't enough of.

I don't think this thread turned out the way the OP intended. :D
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jacknill wrote: »

Did they also design the pirate king to occasionally throw himself off his own boat and die out of loot range?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not an exploit, it's working as intended. Smart people do that, others just run like headless chickens into mobs packs.
  • Options
    maligkn0maligkn0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Lol no way. The biggest challenge in dungeons are the boss adds. None of the bosses are particularly dangerous.

i guess your right but i have completed all t2 dungeons whit my team exept for casle never becose no 1 has time for that and dread vault becose we rather get set armors than weapons.

most adds in bosses are manageble whit some strategies but the frozen heart adds are just imposible to clear, we managed to comple it by having 2 clerics and a wizard run around the whole instance distracting the adds while me a GF and our TR killed the boss in a corner.

you can check my stream if you like, im streaming at dungeon delves event times most of the week and defenetly the weekends.

http://www.twitch.tv/maligkno
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This thread turned out exactly how i expected it would...it already filled 3 pages

Hook and ....

(doesnt mean im not seriues about this in any way, game difficulty is rendered dull because of this, 2 classes could have easily not been created, and markets are growing way faster then intented, all people are doing is reducing the time they wil play this game by a factor%)
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Massive Black Hole = = = > cliffs

Your welcome.

Isn't an exploit.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maligkn0 wrote: »
    i guess your right but i have completed all t2 dungeons whit my team exept for casle never becose no 1 has time for that and dread vault becose we rather get set armors than weapons.

most adds in bosses are manageble whit some strategies but the frozen heart adds are just imposible to clear, we managed to comple it by having 2 clerics and a wizard run around the whole instance distracting the adds while me a GF and our TR killed the boss in a corner.

you can check my stream if you like, im streaming at dungeon delves event times most of the week and defenetly the weekends.

http://www.twitch.tv/maligkno

I still want to know why Hrimnir doesn't just station his 400 adds at the zone in, he'd live forever.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if that's your cup of tea, so be it. The majority of the dungeon runners in this game prefer to not waste their time fighting these stupid mobs, especially ones with knockback. Being a Trickster Rogue, that is by far the worst when trying to use a At-Will attack that takes 2 seconds between each strike. So stop complaining because everyone here is just going to spit venom at you, including myself.

+1

10/characters