test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Authenticate

Comments

• Options
    guyzeeguyzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes it would not let me in, i tried loads of times. I changed my password and that seemed to work
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey everybody! Thanks for letting us know about this. We're looking into the issue.

Just so we make sure we've covered all bases, have you already taken a look at this thread?

Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    lemonromeoolemonromeoo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . .Please see my above posts. I have now merged these two threads. This new thread has some tips that may help. Please report back if DNS Flushing and Modem/Router rebooting fixes it for you. Thanks!

Yep, flushed and restarted the router is ok now
  • Options
    aarixxaarixx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just ran it as an administrator and it worked. Give it a try.
  • Options
    moltesse18moltesse18 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi sorry i really don't want to just come here and cry. but maybe i could get some help.

my problem is that i get disconnected at virtually each loading screen.

than if i just try to restart the launcher i will have to try 5 to 7 times before i can log in again.

i tried almost all solutions given on the other posts

re installed the game few times, installed the latest java and internet explorer. also made it my default browser, i flushed my DNS and downloaded the ''fixed client launcher''

nothing seems to work ohh yeah i forgot to mention that the game was working just fine for about a week or so.

my connection is a building shared connection pretty much like a campus connection do i have to shout at them? if yes what else than blablablabla i have to tell them?

thank you. and by the way i really appreciate the game i didn't play an mmo for few years and i might consider playing NW at the release very complaisant game and community.
  • Options
    jacki3chan1jacki3chan1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worked for me :D, thankyou
  • Options
    notniltonnotnilton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did everything you guys mentioned but i'm still getting the unable to authenticate error...
  • Options
    krstnkrstn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still getting same error after dns flush
  • Options
    kavumkakavumka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here -_-
  • Options
    adambomb76adambomb76 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This 'unable to authenticate:' error is back. Flushing DNS does nothing to fix it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i tried dns flush, pc n modem resetting, still same thing... ill try tomorrow again...
  • Options
    drivebyviktumdrivebyviktum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless they've changed or are constantly changing IPS, DNS flush doesnt do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. the only reason you'd flush the dns is if they changed the IP on the Auth. server , which i highly doubt. Dont waste your time on it. the A: record for the auth server is the same now as it was when i last logged into it 12 hours ago. This is server - side , boys and girls., so be patient.
  • Options
    anonimusoanonimuso Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was getting the same 'unable to authenticate' error as well, but now it says that 'the account service is temporarily down, please try again later.'

I restarted my router and my pc, but still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    heilos18heilos18 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the same problem. Restarted PC and router and now its telling me that the account service is down?
  • Options
    phenandraphenandra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup now the "Account Service" is down. I would like to get some neverwinter in before maintenence please.
  • Options
    romulanpuddingromulanpudding Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both my husband and I tried to log in and both got the message "unable to authenticate." I tried logging in again, and it says "The account service is temporarily down, please try again at a later time."

If this is an issue on Cryptic's end (based on the number of people posting the same error at the same time), I don't understand why we have to fix it by flushing our DNS.

Edit: I use the same cryptic account for Star Trek Online...logging in there works. I'm only having problems with Neverwinter.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Looks like all the CM's are on break. No word on Twitter, Facebook and they are all showing "offline" here on the forums.

Edit: maybe they all took the Authenticator for a walk. O.O
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Somewhere in their world, the on-duty guy is saying " oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>"... and calling the on-call engineers and the project manager. there's probably a conference bridge open between the groups , with the engineers and managers attending. someone is explaining what went wrong after the maintenence to the managers, and there's probably a lone guy who knows all the systems like the back of his hand wearily bashing the keyboard looking for the break.

Give that poor soul some time , ladies and gentlemen.... he's probably been there for 16 hours already.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seems like them are always "on break".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You may say "give them a break" or "calm down" but seriously how many breaks should we give them?
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Somewhere in their world, the on-duty guy is saying " oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>"... and calling the on-call engineers and the project manager. there's probably a conference bridge open between the groups , with the engineers and managers attending. someone is explaining what went wrong after the maintenence to the managers, and there's probably a lone guy who knows all the systems like the back of his hand wearily bashing the keyboard looking for the break.

Give that poor soul some time , ladies and gentlemen.... he's probably been there for 16 hours already.

...or... he is alt+tabbed, watching <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and has his hands full at the moment? O.O
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    zenumazenuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, of late, I don't have many chances to play...and when I finally have an hour or two...there is some kind of issue. I know, I know...it's beta. But if a game ready enough to take money from players then I believe it should be a tad bit more reliable.

Frustrated,
    Founder
  • Options
    ixdestroyxyouixdestroyxyou Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    ...or... he is alt+tabbed, watching <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and has his hands full at the moment? O.O

well thats what I would be doing anyway...lol
  • Options
    indelaceoindelaceo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Flushed DNS, restarted router, modem, computer. Tried starting from launcher and the game client. Alt+F4, closed with task manager... all to no avail. I just logged out because the Zen market wasn't working. Patching coming in a couple hours, I guess maybe they're taking a head start on clearing servers maybe? IDK, but it's obviously on their end, not ours.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's back...
  • Options
    mwaudeebmwaudeeb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to get in!

I tried using the browser gateway once my account was logged in I tried launching the launcher and it let me in.........
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you seem to be forgetting 2 little words in all of this: Open Beta.... with the emphasis on the Beta.
  • Options
    romulanpuddingromulanpudding Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you seem to be forgetting 2 little words in all of this: Open Beta.... with the emphasis on the Beta.
    Which is why we report errors as they occur.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ok, i gave up yest, but this morn tried and logged in wo problem, ty 4 fixing whatever needed to fix, lets play!
  • Options
    ebelograndmasterebelograndmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i got it working again somehow
    logged in on website and waited for 4 min
    then it worked
This discussion has been closed.