test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Authenticate

bloodvalarusbloodvalarus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
i was able to play the game a while ago, but when i logged out and tried to log in again i receive this error "Unable to authenticate: couldnt even attempt to connect to account server connection" is the server down or something??
Post edited by bloodvalarus on

Comments

• Options
    buhtlaabuhtlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i was able to play the game a while ago, but when i logged out and tried to log in again i receive this error "Unable to authenticate: couldnt even attempt to connect to account server connection" is the server down or something??

One time only but I was DCed from the server yesterday during play and when I tried to log in it said wrong username/password. I needed to reset my password to be able to log in the game.
  • Options
    archonus77archonus77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello i just installed the game , redeemed the key etc on my home pc and on launcher im getting "Unable to Authenticate" after i type my login details, if i bypass launcher and launch gameclient directly i get an error "cant reach account server".
    I know its not account related problem becouse with the same account on my laptop the game works perfect.
    Tried reinstall, re download copy client from laptop, change ip , use proxy and no luck.
    Can someone giveme a tip what can i do to fix this?

Thanks
  • Options
    macimanumacimanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem. I was in queue this morning, then i was kicked out and now when i try to login I receive the message "Unable to authenticate:"

How can I fix it? Please help me
  • Options
    macimanumacimanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macimanu wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I was in queue this morning, then i was kicked out and now when i try to login I receive the message "Unable to authenticate:"

How can I fix it? Please help me

I tryed to disconnect my roouter to obtain a new ip and then reconnect...
    now i can login and actually i'm in queue
  • Options
    thegreathannathegreathanna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this same issue. The disconnecting router thing did not help. Anyone got any better suggestions?
  • Options
    ulfriciriulfriciri Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got that error too. I restarted my launch client and it is working fine now.
  • Options
    hudrocks29hudrocks29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need a solution to this, it's not working for me. I've restarted a lot, and it's still not working. It just says something along the lines of failing to connect to the account servers.
  • Options
    besseyxbesseyx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem :|
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Please exit the launcher and client then try Flushing your DNS and report back.
  • Options
    tool1975tool1975 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flushed dns, I'm getting the error "too many attempts, try again later"
    It's hella annoying and submitting a ticket doesn't seem to get you anywhere
  • Options
    iracondo1979iracondo1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Still not working, but now is slower too :/:D
  • Options
    besseyxbesseyx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PERFECT! thanks for help (:
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . For those that the DNS flush didn't work for, did you also try rebooting your modem and router? If not, try all three things please. In the mean time, I am escalating this issue. Thanks!
  • Options
    hudrocks29hudrocks29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone have a solution to this? I need help!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hudrocks29 wrote: »
    Anyone have a solution to this? I need help!
    . . . . . .Please see my above posts. I have now merged these two threads. This new thread has some tips that may help. Please report back if DNS Flushing and Modem/Router rebooting fixes it for you. Thanks!
  • Options
    thedestinyboythedestinyboy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    restart router doesnt help, flushing dns doesnt help neither.. still unable to authenticate message...
  • Options
    celestria2celestria2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have
    - rebooted my modem
    - flushed dns cache
    - rebooted my pc

still "Unable to authenticate:"
  • Options
    ajemiaajemia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sigh

was in at game... wanted to change chars, so i did logout and... didnt get back
    now getting "unable to authenticate" at launcher every time i try to log in.

Tried flushing DNS, didnt help
    Tried rebooting comp + modem, didnt help

*edit*
    Waited a little bit (didnt actually do anything) and i got in... hmm i wonder what is actually causing this problem
  • Options
    musaabrcmusaabrc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also experiencing this issue all of a sudden.
  • Options
    guyzeeguyzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same problem, i was playing last few days and now today i cant get in!
  • Options
    laligatorlaligator Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same..issue with logging server?
  • Options
    synthetictimsynthetictim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I just tried this and gave it a reboot just to make sure DNS was flushed, no go. I also changed my password just in case. Anything else of note to try out? I did not try to release my IP on my router yet. I will give that a try later to see if that helps. Seems like that might be a little bit overkill though.
  • Options
    hyatt420hyatt420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . .Please see my above posts. I have now merged these two threads. This new thread has some tips that may help. Please report back if DNS Flushing and Modem/Router rebooting fixes it for you. Thanks!

Having this happen now today.
  • Options
    marchrisjmarchrisj Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I had this problem a DNS flush did not help but a router reset did seem to resolve the problem for me.
  • Options
    diablodeaddiablodead Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue here. nothing worked
  • Options
    synthetictimsynthetictim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Judging by this thread blowing up in the last couple of minutes I am guessing the login servers are having some issues?
  • Options
    maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue with sto/neverwinter.. this flush thing did not work.

edit.. either resetting mod/router 3rd time or by magic it is working again...lol
  • Options
    txphenomtxphenom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue for me. Tried all the solutions without any change.
  • Options
    kgourdierkgourdier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys just had this problem and resetting the modem and the dns flush did not work for me. I launched the game from the folder and bypassed the launcher then that got stuck on logging so I killed it with task manager. After that the regular launcher worked fine for me. Probably not the best solution but I hope it helps someone els
  • Options
    gilgamaesshgilgamaessh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously flushing dns will do bugger all, unless they are constantly changing their ips and networking configs at perfect world. It seems to be a catch all saying for them right now, but it's quite clear this is a auth server issue.
This discussion has been closed.