test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pls buff up GWF and GF already

Comments

• Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    correct, but the 15% adds to the (total) after the feat's gear buffs are calculated, so its a lesser amount than if the buffs were applied first but its still quite an addition. and if your refering to reckless attacker not stacking with stalwart buff, it does if you have your buffs in the right order. /bug yes probably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    correct, but the 15% adds to the (total) after the feat's gear buffs are calculated, so its a lesser amount than if the buffs were applied first but its still quite an addition. and if your refering to reckless attacker not stacking with stalwart buff, it does if you have your buffs in the right order. /bug yes probably.

elaborate on that last thing
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No. GFs are freaking beasts in PvP and can hold off multiple players as well as hit pretty hard for a tank. I've had GWFs kill me in a single rotation. Just no.
  • Options
    snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    I've had GWFs kill me in a single rotation. Just no.
    Might I suggest you equip your gear before PvPing next time?
  • Options
    hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    No. GFs are freaking beasts in PvP and can hold off multiple players as well as hit pretty hard for a tank. I've had GWFs kill me in a single rotation. Just no.

if by rotation you mean 3 encounters + 1 daily all crits, I would ask how much does it take a CW or rogue to kill a heavy armor GWF?
    2 encounters crits? 1 daily?

seems a legit complaint.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hedas8 wrote: »
    if by rotation you mean 3 encounters + 1 daily all crits, I would ask how much does it take a CW or rogue to kill a heavy armor GWF?
    2 encounters crits? 1 daily?

seems a legit complaint.

You're bad if a CW or rogue can kill you in 2 encounters and a daily. Actually, you're just slow at reacting. You should be saving your immunity to CC for 1 v 1 fights and your run speed buff to get away from hairy situations. My guildie's GWF is unkillable and is the most annoying freakin player ever. I happened to be matched up against her one time and it was the worst experience i've ever had fighting against a GWF as a rogue. Everytime I was able to get her health low enough so I can finish her off with my daily, she booked it mega speed, then came back with full health. It was like.... I couldn't even leave our capture point or she'll keep taking it. Ahhhh I hate GWFs, and CWs, and GFs, and Clerics. No, I hate Clerics and their blue shields the most.
  • Options
    ploidzploidz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF and GWF's PVP game has nothing to do with their PVE. You can't just say, "Well they do ok in PVP so don't give them a darn thing, it'll only make them better in PVP." While CWs, Tricksters, and DC's are darn good in PVE and PVP. Just because a GWF and GF can do ok in 1v1 situations it don't make them fine. They are made unnecessary in PVE, they are even considered to be classes that make fights harder than they have to be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    You're bad if a CW or rogue can kill you in 2 encounters and a daily. Actually, you're just slow at reacting. You should be saving your immunity to CC for 1 v 1 fights and your run speed buff to get away from hairy situations. My guildie's GWF is unkillable and is the most annoying freakin player ever. I happened to be matched up against her one time and it was the worst experience i've ever had fighting against a GWF as a rogue. Everytime I was able to get her health low enough so I can finish her off with my daily, she booked it mega speed, then came back with full health. It was like.... I couldn't even leave our capture point or she'll keep taking it. Ahhhh I hate GWFs, and CWs, and GFs, and Clerics. No, I hate Clerics and their blue shields the most.

you should note that I said crits. not that you always get that CW or TR to chain crit you but it takes 2-3 crits on nukes(encounter or dailies) for CW or TR to kill a GWF. on the other hand a GWF have to run with 3 high damage encounters (flourish,takedown,IBS)
    and crit all of it to kill or get something low enough for crescendo or 1-2 sure strike full rotations,good luck running with low/no damage stuff like punishing charge, come and get it or not so fast for their utility. yeah just like you said good GWFs are annoying bad GWFs are free kills.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you should note that I said crits. not that you always get that CW or TR to chain crit you but it takes 2-3 crits on nukes(encounter or dailies) for CW or TR to kill a GWF. on the other hand a GWF have to run with 3 high damage encounters (flourish,takedown,IBS)
    and crit all of it to kill or get something low enough for crescendo or 1-2 sure strike full rotations,good luck running with low/no damage stuff like punishing charge, come and get it or not so fast for their utility. yeah just like you said good GWFs are annoying bad GWFs are free kills.

You chose a class that is slightly above average in everything and excel at nothing, but you want to have high burst damage on top of your high HP and defense? No class can obtain 100% crit rate and it's easy to counter a CW or Rogue as a GWF in 1 v 1 fights. You were meant for being beefy and doing damage to EVERYONE in team fights, not a 1 v 1 fighter. Your counter to CW or Rogue in 1 v 1 is to knock them down, take some health away, and run away. Is that hard to understand?

It's like GF asking to have the same burst damage as rogues but keep their high defense and block ability. Or CW asking for more defense on top of their cc and dps. Or TR asking for Daze to root the enemy in place and having super high defense to go along with their insane burst. If you really want a burst damage class, reroll to rogue. Nobody is stopping you, but asking for them to imbalance the game is ludicrous. Imagine GWF running around with the ability to do Shocking Execution....... high survivability + high burst = broken.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ploidz wrote: »
    GF and GWF's PVP game has nothing to do with their PVE. You can't just say, "Well they do ok in PVP so don't give them a darn thing, it'll only make them better in PVP." While CWs, Tricksters, and DC's are darn good in PVE and PVP. Just because a GWF and GF can do ok in 1v1 situations it don't make them fine. They are made unnecessary in PVE, they are even considered to be classes that make fights harder than they have to be.

Agreed. If there is a problem in pve it should be balanced separately from pvp- ie any buffs given for a pve problem should be heavily nerfed in PVP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ploidz wrote: »

I agree with this. I haven't played GWF or GF in PVE so how bad are they? So far, if you do all the instances legit and same level as you, I find that having a GF is necessary for 100% success on bosses. GWF in my parties seems to be the best and clearing adds on our cleric. CW can do the same but not as consistent.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You chose a class that is slightly above average in everything and excel at nothing, but you want to have high burst damage on top of your high HP and defense? No class can obtain 100% crit rate and it's easy to counter a CW or Rogue as a GWF in 1 v 1 fights. You were meant for being beefy and doing damage to EVERYONE in team fights, not a 1 v 1 fighter. Your counter to CW or Rogue in 1 v 1 is to knock them down, take some health away, and run away. Is that hard to understand?

It's like GF asking to have the same burst damage as rogues but keep their high defense and block ability. Or CW asking for more defense on top of their cc and dps. Or TR asking for Daze to root the enemy in place and having super high defense to go along with their insane burst. If you really want a burst damage class, reroll to rogue. Nobody is stopping you, but asking for them to imbalance the game is ludicrous. Imagine GWF running around with the ability to do Shocking Execution....... high survivability + high burst = broken.

its funny that you say a GWF pvp role is hit and run/ambushes when TRs can just man mode like a bruiser and hit impossible to catch and spam at-wills and overwhelm a GwF or GF, yet the idea that a GWF can be a bruiser is THE ABSURD here?

oh and FYI GF at pvp are awesome and deal great damage, have great CC, survivability and stick to targets like glue.

you have no idea what balance means. you are just another rogue player who wants a no challenge win. and you fail to understand that at DnD rogues are assasins/scouts/trappers/ambushers/skirmishers not bruisers/unarmored warriors with stealth.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    its funny that you say a GWF pvp role is hit and run/ambushes when TRs can just man mode like a bruiser and hit impossible to catch and spam at-wills and overwhelm a GwF or GF, yet the idea that a GWF can be a bruiser is THE ABSURD here?

oh and FYI GF at pvp are awesome and deal great damage, have great CC, survivability and stick to targets like glue.

you have no idea what balance means. you are just another rogue player who wants a no challenge win. and you fail to understand that at DnD rogues are assasins/scouts/trappers/ambushers/skirmishers not bruisers/unarmored warriors with stealth.

You obviously have not played all the classes like some of us. "TRs can just man mode like a bruiser and hit impossible to catch and spam at-wills and overwhelm a GwF or GF." So you think impossible to catch lasts forever? Are you that dense that you would stand toe to toe with a rogue that is completely black and has purple flames around him? Why don't you get some brains and learn to move away from the rogue until his little cloak goes away? It has a long cool down so don't attempt to cry that they can spam it. Good rogues know their roles and don't use impossible to catch. Good rogues knows that their job is to burst and get out, not stand toe to toe unless it's against players like yourself who has no idea how to counter any classes at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You obviously have not played all the classes like some of us. "TRs can just man mode like a bruiser and hit impossible to catch and spam at-wills and overwhelm a GwF or GF." So you think impossible to catch lasts forever? Are you that dense that you would stand toe to toe with a rogue that is completely black and has purple flames around him? Why don't you get some brains and learn to move away from the rogue until his little cloak goes away? It has a long cool down so don't attempt to cry that they can spam it. Good rogues know their roles and don't use impossible to catch. Good rogues knows that their job is to burst and get out, not stand toe to toe unless it's against players like yourself who has no idea how to counter any classes at all.

even if it lasts 2 seconds thats more than enough to bait the one usefull CC GWF has that isn't a daily. rogues should require combat advantage to deal good damage, instead of getting face first on a heavily armored adversary. and I really don't understand how your reasoning works...
    first you say a good GWF should run from engagements (which means the rogue doesn't have to) then you say a good rogue job is to burst and run which implies a GWF shouldn't run... are really gonna dance around with what rogues are till everyone agrees you are right?

believe harder.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Actually, he's right and it has nothing to do with impossible to catch. I run a TR in PvP and I can pretty much ignore GWFs while taking out higher priority targets and then have complete confidence that I can kill them after being taken down to 1/2 hp. Quite literally the only threat a GWF has to a competent TR is Crescendo. Their at-will damage tickles and their encounters are all telegraphed like an ogres.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, he's right and it has nothing to do with impossible to catch. I run a TR in PvP and I can pretty much ignore GWFs while taking out higher priority targets and then have complete confidence that I can kill them after being taken down to 1/2 hp. Quite literally the only threat a GWF has to a competent TR is Crescendo. Their at-will damage tickles and their encounters are all telegraphed like an ogres.
    i said impossible to catch as an example, could have said smoke bomb/dazing strike as well.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yeah? what level are you? and the GWF you're fighting is either slow or stupid because he can easily knock you down while you are going after another target. In a good 5 v 5 match, rogues needs to go in and out or they die. How about you try fighting against my team which has a beast GWF?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i said impossible to catch as an example, could have said smoke bomb/dazing strike as well.

Again, you're stupid. Smoke bomb dazes you which is a silence, same with dazing strike. It doesn't stop you from moving away until it disappears. It just shows how terrible you are that you would stand there and let yourself be attacked. TO your previous post about baiting you to use your CC. Ok man... if you see a rogue in full black cloak and purple flames around him and you STILL use your CC, you're an idiot. That's all I have to say.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Again, you're stupid. Smoke bomb dazes you which is a silence, same with dazing strike. It doesn't stop you from moving away until it disappears. It just shows how terrible you are that you would stand there and let yourself be attacked. TO your previous post about baiting you to use your CC. Ok man... if you see a rogue in full black cloak and purple flames around him and you STILL use your CC, you're an idiot. That's all I have to say.

I never said what dazing strike/smoke bomb does i said they could be used to lock u down as well as impossible to catch should you decide to stay and trade with a rogue. smoke bomb/ dazing strike before unstoppable and impossible to catch(or dodge) so u can eat my CC while trading (also assume the possibility of using it mid takedown animation rather than before) all of that, ofc, taking in consideration the scenario in which both stay somewhat static.

oh and i don't need to call you stupid when anyone can draw their own conclusions on that.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I never said what dazing strike/smoke bomb does i said they could be used to lock u down as well as impossible to catch should you decide to stay and trade with a rogue. smoke bomb/ dazing strike before unstoppable and impossible to catch(or dodge) so u can eat my CC while trading (also assume the possibility of using it mid takedown animation rather than before) all of that, ofc, taking in consideration the scenario in which both stay somewhat static.

oh and i don't need to call you stupid when anyone can draw their own conclusions on that.

I guarantee you that 100% of the intelligent people on this forum can distinguish that you are a dumb person. Again... WHY WOULD ANYBODY STAY STATIC IN PVP? You are not god. You are not invincible. You are not a god **** cleric with his blue shield on, so why do you stay static? This is the reason why you are getting owned, you include staying static in the situation. Again, rogues have no skills to lock you down like you claim. Rogues can only silence you. Now if you want to talk about fighting 1 v 2 against a rogue and a CW, then that's your fault for trying to take on 2 people by yourself. Again, your character is not a god.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I guarantee you that 100% of the intelligent people on this forum can distinguish that you are a dumb person. Again... WHY WOULD ANYBODY STAY STATIC IN PVP? You are not god. You are not invincible. You are not a god **** cleric with his blue shield on, so why do you stay static? This is the reason why you are getting owned, you include staying static in the situation. Again, rogues have no skills to lock you down like you claim. Rogues can only silence you. Now if you want to talk about fighting 1 v 2 against a rogue and a CW, then that's your fault for trying to take on 2 people by yourself. Again, your character is not a god.

your reading conprehension is rather poor. I never said I actually stand still while i fight at PVP, I said if I would fight in a somewhat static fashion with a rogue I would lose despite the rogue being, and I quote you (not that you don't contradict yourself all the time) "Good rogues knows that their job is to burst and get out" yet, rogues according to you should also face tank and win.
    I hope you understood now why i described a static combat scenario.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, GF is bad please buff.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    your reading conprehension is rather poor. I never said I actually stand still while i fight at PVP, I said if I would fight in a somewhat static fashion with a rogue I would lose despite the rogue being, and I quote you (not that you don't contradict yourself all the time) "Good rogues knows that their job is to burst and get out" yet, rogues according to you should also face tank and win.
    I hope you understood now why i described a static combat scenario.

What the fk? Omg, I feel like I'm getting dumber arguing with you. How can rogues face tank and win when you don't allow him to? He can only face tank and win when bad players like you let him face tank you. Impossible to kill only allows rogues to face tank BAD players. I doubt you're even level 60 because no decent rogues will use impossible to kill at level 60. Go away troll.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Nope, you're bad. Big difference. GF owns.
  • Options
    grtaylorgrtaylor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I am just wondering why when EVERYONE says buff the GF everyone thinks damage. All they may need is a buff to be able to hold threat more. That would be something that would only effect PvE and would help to have a tank type person in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    just need to fix threat, tweak guarded at-wills(responsiveness) and make bosses hit hard on sustained attacks(instead of add swarm) requiring heavy defenses(at least to main bosses).
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What the fk? Omg, I feel like I'm getting dumber arguing with you. How can rogues face tank and win when you don't allow him to? He can only face tank and win when bad players like you let him face tank you. Impossible to kill only allows rogues to face tank BAD players. I doubt you're even level 60 because no decent rogues will use impossible to kill at level 60. Go away troll.

whatever, you can't read. I should just let you say what you think is true, and not bother.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cleric threat needs a reduction, GF threat could use a tiny bump, and encounters need to be less about adds and more about the bosses. Until a GF or GWF is a better choice then a second DC, TR, or CW the classes are in need of work.

Knight's Valor is pretty amazing atm. Never even breaks for me except when aoe taunt triggers a 10 sec KV cd for no good reason. You can get around it by just using KV first then taunting.

Encounters need real mechanics that don't encourage exploiting.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nope, you're bad. Big difference. GF owns.

No GF bad need damage need mobility and some CC only way be good
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    tyraniontyranion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree Vaichana, we've a group running castle never in our guild and by the time the second boss is down usually the GF has more damage done than the rogue. if GF's are buffed then I'd he'd even be out damaging me which would be a bit upsetting to see the tank as the highest damage bringer in a party. It isn't that GF's need a buff, people just need to learn what they're doing and how to build something.

The only way this happens is if your GF is a Conqueror build, which means he can't block without losing a huge chunk of damage, and he can't tank as well. Which makes them rather like a slower GWF that can't even get out of red zones with sprint. Not exactly optimized. Moreover, your TR is doing something wrong if it's ever outdamaged by the GF. TR has the highest damage potential, but if your TR isn't using his class to its full potential, that's a problem.