What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People still selling cats

Comments

• Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only a few thousand people would quit due to all of the last work.

Their prerogative to put their own selfishness over the long-term longevity of the game.
    Really, that's what is in the best interest of Neverwinter.

Now you're getting it.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with lowering the cost of the cats is the fact that an almost identical companion (Ioun Stone of Allure) is for sale in the Zen Store.

So discounting the Cat would be undercutting their cash shop.
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    mrgadget1mrgadget1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FREE Cats for all :D
  • Options
    voervoer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We continually monitoring the situation and will make sure to take the appropriate follow-up actions if additional issues are discovered. Right now we are sorting out the legitimate reports from the people who are just posting stuff like that to be funny. :)

How is that funny?
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We continually monitoring the situation and will make sure to take the appropriate follow-up actions if additional issues are discovered. Right now we are sorting out the legitimate reports from the people who are just posting stuff like that to be funny. :)

As I said lame attempts at social engineering.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    cookiebraincookiebrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people are selling cats for 4 gold.
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I admit, I really want a cat. So if someone had a lot of cats, it means they'll sell on AH for less than full price. If the market is flooded with AD, then the zen/ad conversion makes cats cheaper. So tbh, I couldn't care less if someone dupes a million cats. Free cats for all, I say.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I posted a thread about this earlier which was removed. It is very frustrating to see all these exploiters still in game. While I like the game too much to quit, I am very disappointed by the decision to only do a 7 hour rollback as it seems pointless.
  • Options
    grayvenraynegrayvenrayne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    An exploiter earned billions of Astral Diamonds at Neverwinter, and all I got was this free cat.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    people are selling cats for 4 gold.

No one is selling cats.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    No one is selling cats.

What are you talking about? People have been selling cats in chat ALL DAY:mad:.
  • Options
    gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    I'm just glad I acquired an ioun stone and not the cat. I suspect anyone with a cat will be potentially accused of being attributed to this whole fiasco (perhaps some rightfully).
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »

They're trolling. To prove it? Say looking to buy 6 cats for 100 gold. No one will come forward and trade with you. It's a troll attempt to get people butthurt and make people think nothing was done. Try it yourself.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013

People have been trolling typing things like "WTS Cat 1 Gold" in chat all day. Not sure how many of them actually have cats to sell because I didn't waste my time asking.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    People have been trolling typing things like "WTS Cat 1 Gold" in chat all day. Not sure how many of them actually have cats to sell because I didn't waste my time asking.

I have. I even messaged someone who said "Selling 5 cats! Each cat 5 gold!." I said "I'll buy each of your five cats for 20 gold apiece." No response back. They don't exist.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can believe that all you like. It has been dozens of different people.

Ostrich/head/sand.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You can believe that all you like. It has been dozens of different people.

Ostrich/head/sand.

Yeah. It's become meme level. People love to regurgitate them. Go ahead. Put offers to buy them even if you can't afford it. Watch as literally no one responds. Again, try it yourself.
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My ignore list, it grows by the minute x3
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    silentkyon0silentkyon0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make cats and most vendor items Bind on pick up

nuff said
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    An exploiter earned billions of Astral Diamonds at Neverwinter, and all I got was this free cat.

That is not all you got, you got a ruined economy and no chance to complete with the cheaters.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right. Get rid of the hundreds of hours that tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands, IDK their playerbase) of people have put into this game. That's the solution, really. That would be good, only a few thousand people would quit due to all of the last work. Really, that's what is in the best interest of Neverwinter.

Sarcasm on the interwebz, yo.

It's not surprising the people who refuse to wipe are the ones who pull the most numbers out of their ***.
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want a cat. Definitely worth a ruined economy.

btw, I lost at least FIVE levels. I can't remember... either five or six or seven. I was grinding stuff that night.
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    They're trolling. To prove it? Say looking to buy 6 cats for 100 gold. No one will come forward and trade with you. It's a troll attempt to get people butthurt and make people think nothing was done. Try it yourself.

No matter how much evidence you put up about this the forum drama machine refuses to believe it. Ahh well at least there are still some rational folk left.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    braddass wrote: »
    That is not all you got, you got a ruined economy and no chance to complete with the cheaters.

If you think that you can compete with some of the nolife legit players , you has to be drunk .
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've heard they are going to give poisoned rats in our gift picnic basket, hide your cats!

Seriously tho, if there are actual cat transactions for gold or reduced ADs I hope that the buyer gets cat deleted and seller banned, not sure how the seller would get banned, but any cat on an account that was not purchased through AD store should be deleted.
  • Options
    malcryzmalcryz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just glad I acquired an ioun stone and not the cat. I suspect anyone with a cat will be potentially accused of being attributed to this whole fiasco (perhaps some rightfully).

This. I'm sad - the cat is the only pet so far that I kind of like and looks the least stupid to my tastes. I've also understood they're useful for clerics such as myself who might not want the easily dying cleric pet, and I don't like how Ioun stones circle around the character's head making mine look confused or like she just fainted/got hit on the head. ;_; But now I'll feel bad once I finally acquire enough AD to buy one, because people might pm me asking where I got it from, and the more aggressive ones might even straight up whisper me telling me I'm scum and ruined their life by causing the rollback. (I've seen this happen in normal chat to someone who's had their cat since before the weekend. Very sad... :F )

On the plus side, the AD I'd spend on one I can save for if they ever release another healing/support class besides a cleric that would fit me better. Silver lining and all, yadda yadda... ^-^''
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback does not help? Like today, all chat is spammed with "WTS CATS" messages. Dev's, pay attention on that please.

I would avoid those cats for now. At least until the devs have stated that they are done investigating the exploit abuse and handing out punishments. Would be sad to get banned for taking a cat from an exploiter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    There hasn't been any evidence either way beyond anecdotal. Rational though prevailing would entertain both possibilities potentially being true.

Then someone who believes in conspiracy theories, I wouldn't exactly expect rational thought from.

Go buy six cats for 100 gold, bring the screenshots and then you can start accusing people of being conspiracy theorist.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would avoid those cats for now. At least until the devs have stated that they are done investigating the exploit abuse and handing out punishments. Would be sad to get banned for taking a cat from an exploiter.

I don't see how they could hold the buyer responsible really.That isn't to say they won't but honestly would be pretty dumb if they did. Not everyone is even aware of what happened and what the whole "cat thing" could imply not to mention it isn't like the buyer could know for sure if the seller purchased it in a legit manner or exploited.