test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon shard empty

imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have noticed today that dragon shard was empty not like before it's possible that 80% players from dragon shard using exploits and they got banned I'm confused :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by imm0rtalboy on

Comments

• Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was noticing the same thing.
    seemed like more than half the population was missing on the dragon server.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh thank god, that means the lag might be gone when I go to play tonight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mathakarmathakar Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed today that dragon shard was empty not like before it's possible that 80% players from dragon shard using exploits and they got banned I'm confused :confused:

Wasn't dragon like... the most popular Server followed by Mindflayer? Also it's a Monday.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mindflayer seems a lot less populated as well.
  • Options
    alturenalturen Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed!
    /10char
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering the game runs many instances on one shard, you could have just gotten a low pop instance. When I logged in this morning to quickly invoke at the campfire before work, it was very busy, spammy chat as normal. I could tell no difference.
  • Options
    suroh66suroh66 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mindflayer was never popular, as for less populated you people are just freaking out lol as it was already stated it's a monday the timezones are so different it's not even funny.
    When I logged on earlier it was just as populated as it always has been.
  • Options
    theloliruritheloliruri Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More likely they quit because there was no wipe.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    a lot of people are on right now. seems the same to me
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    wildoxitwildoxit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ZONE chat was .... well there was no zone chat.... "life support"
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who noticed OP's avatar?
  • Options
    graciasytugraciasytu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two days ago there were 150+ FULL instances of the Protector's Enclave. Right now (Gamer Rush Hour) there are 36 instances and most of them are at 50% capacity.

GG Neverwinter. Rest in peace.
  • Options
    lorquachlorquach Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks to me like the population tanked hard. Might had something to do with the 30+ people in ProEnclave talking about how they and a bunch of their friends that exploited didn't get banned and started handing out free cats. Pretty sure that discouraged a lot of people about how PWI said they handled the situation and its under control. Not to mention the lack of ACTUALLY fixing the problems with the game.
  • Options
    merlinreynmerlinreyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems as active as ever to me.
  • Options
    greyanagreyana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People will bury their heads in the sands until they are the ones crying out for server merges. Game's done.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greyana wrote: »
    People will bury their heads in the sands until they are the ones crying out for server merges. Game's done.

Ehr.. the plan from the beginning is to merge to one shard....
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    graciasytu wrote: »
    Two days ago there were 150+ FULL instances of the Protector's Enclave. Right now (Gamer Rush Hour) there are 36 instances and most of them are at 50% capacity.

GG Neverwinter. Rest in peace.

Two days ago was Saturday.

I mean really, did you even stop to think before typing?
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Servers were always going to be merged as stated by Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mindflayer is fine . I was out this morning questing and the 52-56 area was full enough that I had to wait to get some clickies .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    Two days ago was Saturday.

I mean really, did you even stop to think before typing?

You know very well why they are posting this and it has zero to do with the actual population of the servers...
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When I played today, until about two hours ago, Dragon was as packed and as spammy as always. I haven't noticed any changes, not in my friends list or guild, either. Fast queues, too, but that was on my GF where it is almost always fast.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    tomalak011tomalak011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    lorquach wrote: »
    Looks to me like the population tanked hard. Might had something to do with the 30+ people in ProEnclave talking about how they and a bunch of their friends that exploited didn't get banned and started handing out free cats. Pretty sure that discouraged a lot of people about how PWI said they handled the situation and its under control. Not to mention the lack of ACTUALLY fixing the problems with the game.

I don't think its only about the exploits. All F2P games have a huge rush of people at the beginning, looking for something new to waste time on, then leave when they do whatever there is to be done.

And lets be honest here - there isn't really anything "long term" about this game. Quick leveling + BoE endgame epics means a lot of people have seen everything there is to see and got everything they wanted to get. I mean, T2 instances are being quick-farmed how long after this game started?

So it's simple. People tried it, did everything, seen everything, and they're off to find a new things to waste time on.

Not to mention RIFT is going F2P soon, and is probably the strongest contender in F2P category.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tomalak011 wrote: »
    I don't think its only about the exploits. All F2P games have a huge rush of people at the beginning, looking for something new to waste time on, then leave when they do whatever there is to be done.

And lets be honest here - there isn't really anything "long term" about this game. Quick leveling + BoE endgame epics means a lot of people have seen everything there is to see and got everything they wanted to get. I mean, T2 instances are being quick-farmed how long after this game started?

So it's simple. People tried it, did everything, seen everything, and they're off to find a new things to waste time on.

Not to mention RIFT is going F2P soon, and is probably the strongest contender in F2P category.

Yeah, considering they going to sell gear in teh cash shop, it's the strongest contender for "The Most Trolled Forum" thanks to all the "P2W lolz kiddies"
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The same people who falsely accused Neverwinter of being P2W now promote Rift, which features a cash store that sells raid level gear. The inconsistency is mind-boggling. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    captbrack814captbrack814 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This worries me. How many people out there DON'T know that it's Cryptic's intent and policy to merge all shards into a mega-server upon official "launch"? How many people, when the merge happens, will see it as "OMG servers merging already dead game RIP gg Cryptic!" and quit. One culling of the R-tards is good and all, but a second could be bad news...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go into battle expecting to die. Then, fight like you want to live." - Huren Hewnoak
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The same people who falsely accused Neverwinter of being P2W now promote Rift, which features a cash store that sells raid level gear. The inconsistency is mind-boggling. :)

Yeah, but I never seen a troll being consistent except in his object of hate
  • Options
    liquinliquin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More likely they quit because there was no wipe.
    & more likely you people are blowing it out of proportion than people quitting.
    imivo wrote: »
    It's MMO gamer whining. it's what they do. it's all they do.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This worries me. How many people out there DON'T know that it's Cryptic's intent and policy to merge all shards into a mega-server upon official "launch"?

I think it's safe to say that most people don't.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Strange, I logged off of Dragon just about the same time this thread popped up, and I was competing with 2 groups for mobs in the Cloak Tower area, and this morning there were about 50 people in the instance I was in in the second graveyard, the name escapes me now, also on Dragon. This is consistent with last Monday's population.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good riddance to the f2p moochers and exploiters.