What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon shard empty

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No matter what this guys keeps trying to say. A ton of player right here, FROM DRAGON, posting that they are not playing due to no wipes.

20 or so is a ton??
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I agree, TSW combat is so fun. I mostly run with Shotgun/Blades build but I have been doing some other combinations lately...I am still pretty new over there, playing mostly solo and trying to get my gaming friends to join me.. I am just now rdy to do the second dungeon, the hell one..

I put TSW on hold for NWO, so I have not been active so much lately..About to pick it back up now, hopefully with my crew in tact...Would be so fun.

Edit:..I been rolling with Dragon clan..pretty fun story line so far.
    Funny thing you didn't see TSW launch, but I did. As a lifetime member I can say that the game as come a long way, but it was broke as this one or worse at launch. But now people are talking about are great a game it is. A year from now people will be talking about how good Neverwinter is as they bad mouth the newest MMO. I really think if you don't want to deal with exploits and bugs then wait until the 6 months after the game officially releases.
  • Options
    tobogontobogon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    estsu wrote: »
    I am so sad I have a May 2013 Join date. I cannot express my opinion on the game.

Wow he has a May 2012 Join date. His words must be the calling of dragons!

Someone who has a May 2011 Join date please come forward and proclaim your god status please.

There is no May 2011 join date :o
    This space for rent
  • Options
    necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah seemed to be lighter than usual
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shaduos wrote: »
    Funny thing you didn't see TSW launch, but I did. As a lifetime member I can say that the game as come a long way, but it was broke as this one or worse at launch. But now people are talking about are great a game it is. A year from now people will be talking about how good Neverwinter is as they bad mouth the newest MMO. I really think if you don't want to deal with exploits and bugs then wait until the 6 months after the game officially releases.

Yeah that game is a labor of love but my god the launch was horrid..not AoC or AO horrid but close, now it's aces, and the folks who were doom-crying on that game was wrong as well.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Easy there Elvis, no one said you personally were making alt accounts, look at post #111 for a better explanation of my original assertion. I also logged in several times today because I lost a new toon to the rollback, I played four dungeons on my Trickster instead and the longest I waited for a dungeon to pop was 15 min, no one is sticking their head anywhere it is individual experience. Considering the AH was out of commission, it's a workday and other variables yeah it may not have been as packed as saturday, populations will wane and wax like they do in all MMO's.

What is irritating to me and many others is this incessant doom-crying, and I'm not talking about legitimate gripes , I'm talking about the sheer idiotic claims that I outlined in my above post which have been proven to be BS. Honestly folks who have actual issues should be just as irritated because it takes away the validity of those concerns and loses them to the white noise of the rabble.

Well I play a TR as one of my two mains and I (almost) never get a 15 min. queue, LOL. Normally 30-40 mins, but for this particular Skirmish over two hours and then had to abandon. That is REALLY frustrating.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Well I play a TR as one of my two mains and I (almost) never get a 15 min. queue, LOL. Normally 30-40 mins, but for this particular Skirmish over two hours and then had to abandon. That is REALLY frustrating.

Could be the time of day...my skirmish times are 20 to 30 mins max but I'm not doing a lot of skirmishes, but I never had to wait more than 20 mins for a dungeon to pop.
  • Options
    loucid101loucid101 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that game is a labor of love but my god the launch was horrid..not AoC or AO horrid but close, now it's aces, and the folks who were doom-crying on that game was wrong as well.

If people were doom-crying, were their points not as valid as yours?

Edit: **** evolving.
  • Options
    luc2kluc2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tobogon wrote: »
    There is no May 2011 join date :o

There is no God?! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    loucid101 wrote: »
    If people were doom-crying, were their points not as valid as yours?

A Point isn't:
    Epic fail!!
    Dead before launch!
    Mass exodus!!!

So no that wasn't valid when they were doing it on TSW and it isn't valid here. There are some who are pro wipes that make a clear concise reasons why they think it's a good idea, I disagree but respect their opinions and most of them think this over the top BS is as silly as I do.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I play on the Dragon server. I haven't logged into the game since the exploit. I just seem to have lost the will to play. I keep reading the forums to see what is happening, but as for actually playing, it all seems rather pointless.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also I am sure it depends on the action taken by Funcom to bring TSW up to speed. Was their a economy breaking bug 2 weeks into open beta that they claim they would not wipe to correct?

I think a lot of people are underestimating that NWO attracted a grup of gamers that I am finding for the most part are more elevated in gaming tatses than those of other titles such as WOW.

That is of course not true across the board, but it stands out to me as very common . This type of gamer will take economics seriously. .. ha, freaking dnd nerds what more should we expect...(i say that with much much nerd love)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I play on the Dragon server. I haven't logged into the game since the exploit. I just seem to have lost the will to play. I keep reading the forums to see what is happening, but as for actually playing, it all seems rather pointless.

The economy is no different than it was a week ago. The people selling cats aren't. You can test this for yourself. Nothing has changed. They rolled back before the public knew about it. The biggest offenders have been banned. At this point some people are trolling.
  • Options
    byteboy111byteboy111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pop is definitely down on Dragon the question is how much? Only Cryptic knows the exact #.

I do know that I Q-ed for the Dungeon Delve tonight and it put Me(GF) 2 other GF's and 2 CW's into the zone which further upset people. Really 3 GF's and 2 CW's?. We waited about 30 minutes to get a DC but we got all classes BUT a DC. To further infuriate people there was a perfectly fine DC in my guild that wanted to join but we could not get him in without leaving the dungeon and the delve timer was up. Even after I zoned out I still could not invite him. Is there a way to invite someone to the instance?

I'm not trying to be critical of the game I'm just going over what happened in my group. It's important for Cryptic to know what is really going on even though this represents .00001% of the game pop.
    While waiting we were talking and morale is definitely low with even a couple people in my group talking about possibly quitting the game. It's not imaginary it IS happening. The server is not dead obviously but it's down. AH down, Q system has trouble putting a tank, healer and DPS together in one 5 man group, people DO NOT have confidence this was ONLY a 7 hour exploit, they just don't, and they know better.

That loving feeling I've had with this game is fading for me personally. This is just my opinion but a few people I've talked to since the whole debacle feel the same way. I love this game, the combat is great but it's hard to stay enthusiastic.

IMO the most important thing is an even playing field real or perceived and a wipe would restore some confidence in the player base that they are serious about a level playing field but we wont go there, it's been talked about enough and it ain't happening.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    The economy is no different than it was a week ago. The people selling cats aren't. You can test this for yourself. Nothing has changed. They rolled back before the public knew about it. The biggest offenders have been banned. At this point some people are trolling.

I also think it's premature to say broken economy when you haven't seen how the AH is trending One to four weeks after the rollback, to declare the economy dead without empirical evidence is just dumb. If the AH crashes and the economy does indeed die, there won't be any resistance to a wipe, so why not wait and see?

And don't use the lame excuse by then it will be too late because that is just BS
    . At this point some people are trolling.

Yeah it seems to be what all the hep cats are doing. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Also I am sure it depends on the action taken by Funcom to bring TSW up to speed. Was their a economy breaking bug 2 weeks into open beta that they claim they would not wipe to correct?

I think a lot of people are underestimating that NWO attracted a grup of gamers that I am finding for the most part are more elevated in gaming tatses than those of other titles such as WOW.

That is of course not true across the board, but it stands out to me as very common . This type of gamer will take economics seriously. .. ha, freaking dnd nerds what more should we expect...(i say that with much much nerd love)
    At the launch of TSW there was no economy to speak of, they didn't have an AH at all. The only way to sell anything was to spam chat channels. And yes there was dungeon bugs and exploits people were using to beat content quicker to farm end game gear (which was bop).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shaduos wrote: »
    At the launch of TSW there was no economy to speak of, they didn't have an AH at all. The only way to sell anything was to spam chat channels. And yes there was dungeon bugs and exploits people were using to beat content quicker to farm end game gear (which was bop).

But they fixed the exploits, punished the cheaters and now the game has a rock solid community and is pretty **** respected in the MMO world, the haters were wrong, nine times out of ten they usually are.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I also think it's premature to say broken economy when you haven't seen how the AH is trending One to four weeks after the rollback, to declare the economy dead without empirical evidence is just dumb. If the AH crashes and the economy does indeed die, there won't be any resistance to a wipe, so why not wait and see?

And don't use the lame excuse by then it will be too late because that is just BS

Yeah it seems to be what all the hep cats are doing. :rolleyes:

I see no reason to believe that the economy will be worse than it was a week ago once it's back up and running. The explosion that resulted in the exploit becoming public knowledge has been fixed. So why would it be any worse than a week ago? It can either be the same or better. I find it more logical to believe that the economy will be fine rather than saying it's dead.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So this is all about a wipe. I couldn't care less about that i'd play either way, not the issue.

Making the game longer, and a fair ground, with a store for cosmetic items. I don't get why they don't do this.

Already too late i guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I see no reason to believe that the economy will be worse than it was a week ago once it's back up and running. The explosion that resulted in the exploit becoming public knowledge has been fixed. So why would it be any worse than a week ago? It can either be the same or better.

Anything is possible but I pretty much agree with you, we have had similar issues in STO, the economy didn't crash, the sky didn't fall despite some folks insisting that only 200 people now play the game. LoL
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No auction at all would have been 1000 times better honestly..They were not ready to implement economics or rewards for pvp and even dungeons. We would be much much better off if we were playing a skeleton of the game without these features right now...Thus we should wipe those effects out of the game, along with the exploited xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anything is possible but I pretty much agree with you, we have had similar issues in STO, the economy didn't crash, the sky didn't fall despite some folks insisting that only 200 people now play the game. LoL

Many people claim that all sorts of mmo's are dead but what they determine as dead is "Not as popular as wow." Which is a ridiculous assessment. I've heard in many interviews that most dev teams are quite satisfied with 100,000 players. Anything above that mark is good news for them. STO wasn't my cup of tea but it's definitely not a "Dead mmo." :P I agree with you
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    TSW barely reached 300k sales, had 2 massive layoffs and is barely limping along as a b2p. It's a decent game if you play it as a single player game for the story, the combat is terrible and clunky and there is barely any end game to speak of.

It's hardly the best example to try and use as a game that's doing fine despite "doom crying" on it's forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    s3pt wrote: »
    TSW barely reached 300k sales, had 2 massive layoffs and is barely limping along as a b2p. It's a decent game if you play it as a single player game for the story, the combat is terrible and clunky and there is barely any end game to speak of.

It's hardly the best example to try and use as a game that's doing fine despite "doom crying" on it's forums.

The point is it still performed better than games that have lasted even less time and have currently shut down. I don't play TSW but they do have that going for them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No auction at all would have been 1000 times better honestly..They were not ready to implement economics or rewards for pvp and even dungeons. We would be much much better off if we were playing a skeleton of the game without these features right now...Thus we should wipe those effects out of the game, along with the exploited xp.

When a new game has a real money auction i tend to cringe. We've seen it exploited in other games yet companies still go there.

You can have maybe a million more customers who will buy cosmetic stuff if it's a fair game to begin with, look at league of legends, free to play yet people pay for skins. Saying comes to mind.. 'If you build it, they will come'. A good game reaps its own rewards.
  • Options
    hearsticlesicushearsticlesicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just hope my friend Toy gets unbanned.

All she does is play the Auction House and supply our guild with money. It's just kind of what she enjoys to do on MMOs. The gameplay is more of a side event for her.

The thing is, she didn't engage in any exploiting. She had a crapload of AD from opening about 500 Nightmare Lockboxes a day. She posted stuff during the exploit phase on the AH and was surprised by how quickly it was being bought up, but she didn't have any idea what was going on. Hell, I wasn't even online during any of this mess. I woke up to 24 hours of downtime.

Still, she got caught up in a gigantic, fishnet style ban that obviously didn't look too much into individual cases. And knowing PW's terrible reputation for customer support, I doubt she'll be able to get her account back. She's a good friend and an integral member of my guild, so I'm probably going to have to quit if she does, as will the rest of my guild.

It sucks. I love the game. I just wonder how many other similar cases there are out there.

And yes, Dragon seemed a lot quieter today.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There's a thought for the free pack, a key to open one of my 50 odd nightmare lockboxes.

Take care all, sleep well. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    a lot of people are on right now. seems the same to me

Or you never bothered to look at how many instances are running. The game is instanced based so a 100% or 40% pop will feel the same unless one bothers to moniter how many instances are running. XFire is showing a 25-50% decrease in playtime. The telltale signs of people leaving.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The same people who falsely accused Neverwinter of being P2W now promote Rift, which features a cash store that sells raid level gear. The inconsistency is mind-boggling. :)
    Yes but you can only get the absolute best gear in game, so it isn't really that bad.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see no reason to believe that the economy will be worse than it was a week ago once it's back up and running. The explosion that resulted in the exploit becoming public knowledge has been fixed. So why would it be any worse than a week ago? It can either be the same or better. I find it more logical to believe that the economy will be fine rather than saying it's dead.
    Because it was already worse than a week ago on Friday.