test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you, Cryptic. (The non-backhanded "Thank You" thread.)

Comments

• luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a little annoyed with the reset but its not a big deal really, if it means that the economy is going to be a lot better then I'm all for it.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I'm sure I already did, what is your point?

That your post was pointless at best, and likely hypocritical as well.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That your post was pointless at best, and likely hypocritical as well.
    No it would be hypocritical if I made threads complaining about this disaster, I didn't so you are wrong :)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    Some of us still hope to see justice done (full wipe).

Also btw I'm not a kidz

Right, because wiping all of the innocent people's characters will, on balance, do more justice than inaction, right? Would you nuke a town to bring justice to a serial killer? That's silliness. Very few people are guilty, and all of them deserve permabans, but don't ruin everything for the rest of us innocent folks.
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No it would be hypocritical if I made threads complaining about this disaster, I didn't so you are wrong :)

I like your avatar very much, it's cute. Even if you are a 'glass half empty' kinda guy.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
    edited May 2013

If you were right in posting that this thread should not have been made, you would (in order to be consistent) be obligated to do so in every other brown-nosing thread as well. You obviously did not, and thus you are a hypocrite.

We already have a couple of brown-nosing threads. Go post that we have a couple of brown-nosing threads in those other brown-nosing threads.

Or, better yet, go post that we already have a couple of whining threads in all of the whining threads. See? Hypocritical and inconsistent.
  • demonwiz4rddemonwiz4rd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you, its better a game where exploiters and s*** are being really punished no matter what, than games who don't give a f*** and keep blind about it.
    It surely was a hard choice make this global rollback and this only prove that they are dealing with the problems with strong hands.

Keep it up Cryptic, and if a bunch of players get out, another bunch of players come in.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How does a 7 hour roll back fix a game breaking bug that has been there since day 1 of launch or as many still want to call it open beta.

No evidence for this. There is evidence to the contrary, however (exchange rate before yesterday). Parroting claims made by unverified sources is a little silly. So, show us your evidence. People need to start using their brain and stop falling for FUD.

I second the Thank You. I'm happy with how PWE and Crypitc handled this and they will continue to get my business.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of us still hope to see justice done (full wipe).

Also btw I'm not a kidz

This is a Thank You thread. Go post somewhere else. :p
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • deadalondeadalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not touching this game again. I found 3 hours yesterday from a very very busy working weeks to play ... And it was a roll back. Thats JUST NOT acceptable in my eyes.

I did not use AH - I did not trade AD in that time. Rolling back AH and AD should have fixed the issue. Obviously this unprofessional team of devs have just proven to everyone how bad they are on managing their game.

Goodbye
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We already have a couple of brown-nosing threads you could have used one of those :)

For every "wipe or im out" thread we could use a "brown-nosing" thread. When you look at it, they had an issue, they brought servers down, rollbacked and moved forward... Exactly what people asked them to do in the past...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wastingsanitywastingsanity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    Dude we're on page 3 and that is your fifth whiny post in my thread. Get over yourself and stop spamming! :p

Do you actually read the comments? Do you read your own?
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Right, because wiping all of the innocent people's characters will, on balance, do more justice than inaction, right? Would you nuke a town to bring justice to a serial killer? That's silliness. Very few people are guilty, and all of them deserve permabans, but don't ruin everything for the rest of us innocent folks.
    All I see is you have no idea how to make an appropriate analogy.
    breatha wrote: »
    I like your avatar very much, it's cute. Even if you are a 'glass half empty' kinda guy.
    If you were right in posting that this thread should not have been made, you would (in order to be consistent) be obligated to do so in every other brown-nosing thread as well. You obviously did not, and thus you are a hypocrite.

We already have a couple of brown-nosing threads. Go post that we have a couple of brown-nosing threads in those other brown-nosing threads.

Or, better yet, go post that we already have a couple of whining threads in all of the whining threads. See? Hypocritical and inconsistent.
    I post in all kinds of threads I'm not sure what you are rambling about.
  • imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deadalon wrote: »
    Goodbye

See you when Module 1 comes out. ;)
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Do you actually read the comments? Do you read your own?

You are still whining in his thread.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited May 2013
    All I see is you have no idea how to make an appropriate analogy.

Right, because this obviously won't affect thousands of innocent players... Substantive replies like this always bring a smile to my face.
    edited May 2013
    I post in all kinds of threads I'm not sure what you are rambling about.

I'll type succinctly, with bold letters, and with it all underlined. I'm doing this just to help you understand :)

You are a hypocrite for not saying, in every whine thread, that there are other whining threads.

Clear?
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    You are still whining in his thread.

Actually it isn't whining when you pay attention. But that is okay. The goodwill troll that start this thread will disregard other perspectives even if they start out non confrontational. Silly trolls. :)
    edited May 2013
    Right, because this obviously won't affect thousands of innocent players... Substantive replies like this always bring a smile to my face.
    I'm an innocent player as well and for sake of the long term integrity of this game I'm willing to start over.
    You are a hypocrite for not saying, in every whine thread, that there are other whining threads.

You have a point, but there are so many!
  • coolestdude0103coolestdude0103 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Cryptic for handeling this professionally. Ignore the vocal few on the forums who seem to have nothing better to do than trash talk the game (Paid bashers from other MMORPGs maybe? Who knows lol)

The Rollback IS effective because the exploit went public only recently. Anyone who was doing the exploit prior can easily be banned today by sorting the character database by number of astral diamonds in posession. Players with huge amounts of AD (50M+ can be insta banned right away) while those with large but not huge amounts of AD can be manually investigated.

Neverwinter is a solid game this is just another hiccup. No one will care about today 1 month from now anyway.
  • garblebeastgarblebeast Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep hearing about this exploit since day 1...where is the proof? I have yet to see any proof, just people regurgitating what other people say. As for the roll back, I think it is better then a full wipe. Why do a full wipe if going back to the previous 7hrs eleminated 95 percent of the issue? Cryptic/PWE just needs to go thru the logs and see who else benefited from it and yes, some users will get a way with it, that is just life.

Thank you cryptic, keep up the bug fixing.
    AKA Nikobug :D
  • alvator3alvator3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my opinion this is the best solution and i am really happy that PWE/Cryptic found adressed this problem in a fair manner.
    I know that this forum is full of pepole the think that there are no solution but to wipe all the world, still that wouldn't be fair. this is not the end of world...
    I know that there are so many poeple whining for evrything, but this time i am not one of them.
    The sky it is not falling.. Years ago I saw on WOW a similar bug in the auction house exploited in creating cloned object scrweing economy and balance but you have adressed the problem more quickly, and in a better way....

So really thanks for what you have done. I am totally supporting you
    edited May 2013
    Actually it isn't whining when you pay attention. But that is okay. The goodwill troll that start this thread will disregard other perspectives even if they start out non confrontational. Silly trolls. :)

Trolls calling nice people a troll stopped being new and novel a long time ago.

Sorry if that wasn't the angry reaction you were looking for. Fact is, I meant everything I typed. Another fact is, I would NOT have supported Cryptic through any decision. If the tables were turned, I wouldn't be here whining. I wouldn't be here at all.

I admire your diligence, but there will be no wipes during or after OBT. Sorry this was not the solution you were looking for (no sarcasm), but I hope you and those who share your perspective will stick around and give the game a chance to win back your faith.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
    edited May 2013
    Trolls calling nice people a troll stopped being new and novel a long time ago.
    You need to familiarize your self with the posting rules here.
    To call someone a Troll is Trolling in Itself; no matter if it is true or not.
    edited May 2013
    You need to familiarize your self with the posting rules here.

And you're saying this to the person who was called a troll.

Cute avatar or not, you wore out your welcome in this "Thank You" thread in your first reply. Now you're just rubbing it in.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
    edited May 2013
    I'm an innocent player as well and for sake of the long term integrity of this game I'm willing to start over.

Right, and some people are willing to get their faces blown off for our country. So we should force all adults to do it, right? You can't justify the sacrifice of everyone by justifying your own sacrifice. Remember, we're trying to actually help people. If we nuke the playerbase like this now, many will quit, which will also hurt the long-term integrity of the game (and the short term will be miserable for everyone).
    You have a point, but there are so many!

The simpler method would be to retract the comment. But, hey, if you want to post this in every thread you can in order to be consistent, I will not stop you! At least, even if it was posted in the wrong spirit, it will no longer be hypocritical (just pointless).
    edited May 2013
    See you when Module 1 comes out. ;)

Hate to break it to you, but this is a troll remark. Also requesting that Cryptic remove all comments but thank you ones and disregarding others for having a separate opinion other than yours is a troll remark. Telling posters that are posting concerns in a reasonable manner that they are whining is a troll remark.

You do realize what trolling is right?
  • cut1625478945213cut1625478945213 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who has never used the auction house and has a whopping total of 40,000 AD on my level 56 (now 55) character I think this was probably the best course of action. I'm not really looking forward to going through Rothe Valley again (hate the spiders) but I will survive.
    edited May 2013
    Hate to break it to you, but this is a troll remark. Also requesting that Cryptic remove all comments but thank you ones and disregarding others for having a separate opinion other than yours is a troll remark. Telling posters that are posting concerns in a reasonable manner that they are whining is a troll remark.

You do realize what trolling is right?

I see your point... But you're wrong. This thread is for thank yous. Whining here is akin to whining in a class build thread.

OP: "So guys, my GWF build is..."
    You: "THIS GAME NEEDS A WIPE"

It's off topic, you can use a thread dedicated to it instead of trying to cause trouble.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It went down pretty much like I said it would, so no surprises here, oh and ignore Maho4200 most of us do.

In any event the devs did the best possible thing, I'm glad that Cryptic not only went after the few who did this but also their mules, a friend at work pretty much lost his lifetime STO/CO accounts and all the work in Neverwinter over it, and I did try to warn him, but he made the mistake of listening to the "oh they can't do that much, they will never touch my mules!!" (okay that just sounded wrong :P ) crowd.

Bottom line there is a vocal minority that disparately wants to see this game and this company fail for whatever reason and they spend hours ragging on the forums, but Cryptic gained a lot of respect by the way the handed it, the impact to non-cheaters was minimal, and it didn't give them what they wanted which was a full wipe.

So yeah thanks cryptic.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!