test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you, Cryptic. (The non-backhanded "Thank You" thread.)

imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Thank you for handling this situation in the fairest manner possible.

Outside of the dramatic debates that ensued here, if there had been a days-wide rollback or wipe, there would have been many thousands of players who never checked in during the drama, who never had any say, who would have simply logged in to find everything gone. People who did nothing but play and enjoy your game, everyone from founders to free players. People who deserved no punishment for the actions of less-savory types.

You made a hard choice, and undoubtedly gave yourself more detective work in the days to come, but you made the fair choice to impact as few people as possible.

I like to be supportive when I can be, but this wasn't just a test of my loyalty--it was also a test of PWE and Cryptic's loyalty to players.

Never thought I'd say this as a big Paragon Studios fan (not backhanded, just a friendly jab--you know we're a hard lot to please :p), but you've earned my business. Keep it up! :cool:

37990256.jpg
_

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
@Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
Post edited by impervium on

Comments

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    We already have a couple of brown-nosing threads you could have used one of those :)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey, they could have wiped, I would not have cared as long as I don't have to get to level 15 to use the Foundry again.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will see how the markets have been affected before I pass judgement on the effectiveness of the fix they implemented.
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "fairest manner possible"

"manner that does not correct the economic damage"

pick one
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »

pick one

OK I pick the first one. :p

Check the FAQ, your presumptions are filled with hyperbole.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    impervium wrote: »
    OK I pick the first one. :p

Splendid. We should expect the full server wipe within the hour, then, yes?
  • Options
    ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

pick one

You don't think it's prudent to watch the economy before nuking every innocent player's character out of existence? Brilliant.

Folks, precision and patience are called for. Knee-jerk reactions are never good if there's no immediate concern. If we do need to wipe, letting the game go for a few days to watch the economy will not hurt. On the other hand, if the economy is okay, then you'd be destroying millions of hours of work done by innocent players. That would have serious long-term repercussions, forget the immediate repercussions of everyone having to start over...

I support this thread, by the way. Thank you, Cryptic, for keeping a cool head (as so many are incapable of) throughout this situation. You have made many mistakes, but this is certainly not one of them.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Splendid. We should expect the full server wipe within the hour, then, yes?

Actually the second option is that justifies the wipe (to fix the economy). The fairest option is a rollback and try to catch remnants of exploits manually.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    dynamicdyanmitedynamicdyanmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Wow, it didn't take long for the restless whiners to jump on your thread.

I'm perfectly fine with what PWE is doing and I will CONTINUE to play their game and CONTINUE to support them, and more than likely down the road I will use MY MONEY on this game.

...Fight me.

This is my choice, not yours to influence.

I'll stand next to you, OP, in that, considering their options, they did the appropriate thing. May not of made the forum lurkers too happy, but I'm sure many appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    We already have a couple of brown-nosing threads you could have used one of those :)

Similar to how you could have made this comment in the other "brown-nosing" threads?
  • Options
    kyxoankyxoan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I'm an innocent player that was on for a total of 10 minutes yesterday morning, didn't exploit anything and I'm not wiped, IM BANNED. I can't contact support either because I'm banned...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You don't think it's prudent to watch the economy before nuking every innocent player's character out of existence? Brilliant.

Given that this has been going on since day 1? No, not really. Especially since given they allowed this to occur after the same thing happening for nine months in STO, I don't think PWE/Cryptic know the definition of "precision" or "patience".

Precision would have had the copy/pasted AH code vetted for lack of issues. Patience would have had Neverwinter sit in the oven for another six months like it needed.
  • Options
    wastingsanitywastingsanity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From a game designer's perspective this would be a nightmare in an MMO, especially if there was reason to believe that it had been used since day 1. A full wipe should be given. From there people that had purchased founder packs would receive a token they could use to level up to 20 - 25. Since they had a head start. Then of course for the inconvenience I would make a care package for everyone. Which would include additional character slots (2 more) and a big bag.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe should be given.

There will be no wipes during or after closed beta.

Also, read the OP. This is not the thread you're looking for.
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Riiiiiiight, fairest manner?

So it's the fair all the people who got a cat for next to nothing gets to keep it while honest players will have to work hard for theirs?
    It's fair the people who've been exploiting this from the closed beta are untouched?

You're a fool
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm perfectly fine with what PWE is doing and I will CONTINUE to play their game and CONTINUE to support them, and more than likely down the road I will use MY MONEY on this game.

...Fight me.

This is my choice, not yours to influence.

I'll stand next to you, OP, in that, considering their options, they did the appropriate thing. May not of made the forum lurkers too happy, but I'm sure many appreciate it.

Although I am for ones being loyal to a company. Blind loyalty is another thing entirely. Take for example Gear Box. I enjoy Borderlands. This weekend Borderlands 2 was on sale on Steam. But I remember they completely messed up Aliens: Colonial Marines. So I decided I wont buy Borderlands 2 because of this. It becomes a matter of principal. I am tired of companies spoon feeding us poo and we simply throw money at them asking for more.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There will be no wipes during or after closed beta.

Also, read the OP. This is not the thread you're looking for.

You mean open launch beta. The game was released once they had a head start and claimed no more wipes. But this is sort of game breaking. Once the exchange goes active... you will see.
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but but but,where are the 1337 kidz that yday said 50% of pop would chargeback and leave if there was no wipe?
    i see you , i see you here :)
    wlcomez to the internetz
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    kife1100kife1100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Overall I wasn't affected by the roll back, but I know there were a lot of people who are upset. Tough ****. If you can't deal with a 7 hour roll back that fixes a game breaking bug (Granted should of been fixed before hand) then you can gladly leave, it's a free game anyway right?

Keep up the good work Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kife1100 wrote: »
    Overall I wasn't affected by the roll back, but I know there were a lot of people who are upset. Tough ****. If you can't deal with a 7 hour roll back that fixes a game breaking bug (Granted should of been fixed before hand) then you can gladly leave, it's a free game anyway right?

Keep up the good work Cryptic.

How does a 7 hour roll back fix a game breaking bug that has been there since day 1 of launch or as many still want to call it open beta.
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    How about they jumped on this when people put in support cards about it in closed beta.How about they jumped on this when people put support cards in about it when this was just kicking off.You are thanking them for putting out the fire after they left all the ingredients around to start that fire in the first place.And left the phone off the hook at the fire station for a month.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mods feel free to delete all the non-thankyous from this thread.

Don't the mean angry people have enough of their own threads?

I just wanted the thankyous to have a thread. :(
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about they jumped on this when people put in support cards about it in closed beta.How about they jumped on this when people put support cards in about it when this was just kicking off.You are thanking them for putting out the fire after they left all the ingredients around to start that fire in the first place.And left the phone off the hook at the fire station for a month.
    Exactly this

People actually thanking them for their incompetence is so stupid i almost can't belive it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mods feel free to delete all the non-thankyous from this thread.

Don't the mean angry people have enough of their own threads?

I just wanted the thankyous to have a thread. :(

You should just plug your ears and say lalalalalal or LALALALA. It might help. Blind a stubborn is the new gamer way. Right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You should just plug your ears and say lalalalalal or LALALALA. It might help. Blind a stubborn is the new gamer way. Right?

Dude we're on page 3 and that is your fifth whiny post in my thread. Get over yourself and stop spamming! :p
    _

"YES, PLEASE"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Given that this has been going on since day 1? No, not really. Especially since given they allowed this to occur after the same thing happening for nine months in STO, I don't think PWE/Cryptic know the definition of "precision" or "patience".

Yes, this paragraph was a whole lot of "Cryptic messed up" and virtually no justification for a wipe. That's a classic example of a red herring. Provide a good justification for the wipe, that outweighs the con of thousands of innocent players losing all of their hard work, or please don't post further on the topic. Save the rest of us who actually want what is best for the game from having to try to stop you from ruining it for the rest of us.
    Precision would have had the copy/pasted AH code vetted for lack of issues. Patience would have had Neverwinter sit in the oven for another six months like it needed.

Yes, Cryptic messed up, and you still have not provided a good reason to wipe the work of tons of innocent players away. Your post was utterly pointless. Please stop trying to ruin the game for the rest of us innocent players who disagree with you, thanks.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You are welcome :)
    Similar to how you could have made this comment in the other "brown-nosing" threads?
    I'm sure I already did, what is your point?
  • Options
    czarnykogutczarnykogut Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Just made this account to tell you how much AD we have acumulated on our mule accounts by past few days
    Right now our site has to sell over 1.3kkk AD 1$ for each 1kk !

Thank you Cryptic for making us rich Despite such disaster ppl buyin like crazy...
    Also big thanks for all this stupid american's buyers

ps. Just showing off coz w/e stupid ppl will buy it and this game is garbage And probably no1 will even care about this post either.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Right, because that obviously justifies you derailing a thank you thread when there are plenty of non-thank you threads. Fine logic you've got there, friend. Why don't you go to the class build threads and wine about it there? You'd be as on topic there as you are here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    liquidc86 wrote: »
    but but but,where are the 1337 kidz that yday said 50% of pop would chargeback and leave if there was no wipe?
    i see you , i see you here :)
    wlcomez to the internetz
    Some of us still hope to see justice done (full wipe).

Also btw I'm not a kidz