Install Arc
Options

So NWO was A Money Grab After All.

13»

Comments

• Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am considering a charge back, but i spent on myself ,my wife and also a couple of friends whom I bought in..I am going to discuss it with my gaming group tomorrow and see what we do.
    That would be your call, but bear in mind that if you do request a fraudulent chargeback (which technically it would be), you will get your money, but the associated accounts are unlikely to ever be able to play PWE games again.

If you and your group are that disillusioned with the company that they weren't going to do that anyway, this won't be an issue of course.
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least a Great Blog came out of this fail. Makes Cryptic look like idiots, which is a win!
  • Options
    lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is a copy of the reddit post and does not constitute as proof for the purposes of a chargeback.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least a Great Blog came out of this fail. Makes Cryptic look like idiots, which is a win!

Wow..It really is astounding when you look at it all together.. A fool and his money, so they say ...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's just a copy-paste of a post in this forum. Hence making it as reliable as any other posts in this forum. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS!!! Right here is why these scrubs do not want the game wiped...READ IT CRYPTIC...

I think I have made my point..

I'm sorry? What point? We're talking about a gear that takes a few hours to grind, hence why it's so cheap to buy. I literall just played 8 PvP matches to get the Greatsword PvP weapon for my GWF. I wasn't willing to do the same to equip my TR (because I hate the PvP in this game), so I spent 100 k AD on a set. Call me a lazy scrub, but you're the one who spent almost half k in RL cash to gain an advantage in the game...

I'm saving 900 k AD to buy a Cat. I bet you've bought a few with Zen I'm not saying that it's bad or guillable, but don't point me with a finger like one of those "Omg P2W" freebies, specially considering your situation.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    That's just a copy-paste of a post in this forum. Hence making it as reliable as any other posts in this forum. :rolleyes:
    Actually the post on this forum was a copy paste from reddit, I assume the reddit one originally came from the blog.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can not figure out if you are stupid or a troll..

yup, because when all else fails, Ad hominem, it NEVER fails. Clearly It was neither of the things you said but simply that you don't want to face up to serious criticism of your own flawed post.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    It's very hard to take that kind of thing seriously. Not at all happy about the exploit but calling people scrubs who bought their gear thanks to an exploit vs people who used cash as being skilled ?

If you are serious about skill vs scrub, you need to play a game that doesn't give out gear advantages, and even goes so far as to normalize frame rates/latency for all players

PvP gear has been selling for 20 k a piece for a whole week... It's because Glory is easy to gain and so it sells low, the market is flooded. It's not an exploit.

Gosh, why don't people read the posts and instead assume dumb things?
    Characters:

• Options
    czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    lmn1182 wrote: »
    And that particular statistic comes from where exactly? Does it factor in development costs and paying potentially hundreds of employees for years to make the game? Does it account for all the thousands of extras that have to be paid for before a product becomes profitable?

Or are you just making **** up to look clever?

It comes from summaries and documentation of two large companies producing and hosting online games, which I took using Reuters Eikon and did the math. One of them is Wargaming (World of Tanks). The numbers are pretty similar everywhere.

A typical income per player in a f2p model is around 30-40USD/month with 25-30% players donating and 70-75% players playing for free.

The data is out there ;).

Regards,
    Kalantris
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    PvP gear has been selling for 20 k a piece for a whole week... It's because Glory is easy to gain and so it sells low, the market is flooded. It's not an exploit.

This. When the exploit was in full bloom prices went up. Not down. Since astral diamonds became worthless everything started costing obscene amounts. Such as mounts going up to the 20,000,000 mark and higher. Lol, low cost items = items that there's quite a bit of floating around therefore don't have much value.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Actually the post on this forum was a copy paste from reddit, I assume the reddit one originally came from the blog.

Well, whichever is first, the blog only just existed. And is likely created for just that post alone.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You need to take your own advice
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lmn1182 wrote: »
    STO was shop purchase and subscription. It went F2P afterwards but the story of STO is completely different to that of Neverwinter in terms of game development, developers and publisher.

Posts like this are just attention seeking. Whether the game is still here in a few years is dependant on profit. If the game made no profit then it will close and this applies to any business not just F2P games. Or do you think Blizzard would keep WoW open if it was making a loss?

There might be more to STO, i didn't play it and everything i know about it is related by a friend, yet the similarities are striking.

Also why do people go from one extreme to another? why everything someone points out a company goes too far are cripples a game to increase profit someone comes up and says "you want to make a game at a loss?". No, i gladly support well made games, but there is a difference between making a profit while trying to make the game as good as you can be and "doubling revenues with each year" as your prime directive.

You should stop worrying about their electric bill, i'm sure they made more than enough to cover for that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mechjockey wrote: »
    You need to take your own advice

I just wanted to make that point clear, such as referring to purchasing PvP gear cheap as "an exploit", which is not the case.
    Characters:

• Options
    endersxetendersxet Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

BEST POST EVER... such epic laughs!
  • Options
    lmn1182lmn1182 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One of them is Wargaming (World of Tanks)

If WG took in 217.9 million euros in 2012 and the net profit is 6.1 million euros then that is not a margin of 90%. WoT is a prime example of a cash grab engine. They sell a premium tank for "X" amount post that it is being removed from the store forever and then reintroduce it at a later time at a higher price.

I was a beta tester for that game and the flaws found in the engine are still there two years on. WG also essentially rented the game engine and server infrastructure from BW which they recently bought out.
    Also why do people go from one extreme to another? why everything someone points out a company goes too far are cripples a game to increase profit someone comes up and says "you want to make a game at a loss?".

Probably because the cost of the game isn't the issue. Except, and it does seem to be people who have purchased founders packs moaning that they spent the money in the first place. It comes across as buyers remorse.

Not really, Cryptic inherited STO from another developer who despite taking money from the publisher had only completed the storyboard artwork. Cryptic then fast tracked the game release and as such the game was nowhere near ready for release. That is not Cryptic's fault or really the publishers. The main issues were with how Cryptic dealt with the community (in a very bad way).

I had already quit that game, as did all my friends, before our 1 month sub ended. I tried it again when it went free to play, a character got stuck and after 4 days of no gm response to bump my character out of the stuck area I uninstalled.
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, bright idea- wipe the servers, after all the exploiters have already sold things for money or zen, moved that zen out of game- so that the moment the new start begins, all the exploiters can move their cash/zen back in, thus gaining an even more airtight grip on the game's economy, while at the same time all the legit players get to start over, having wasted all that time even after Cryptic expressly promised us there would be absolutely NO WIPES once open beta started.

I like how you're promoting a plan that will greatly benefit the exploiters, yet punish everyone else... aha!!

Clever OP, I understand now. You cashed out, you have a couple million zen sitting outside the game from exploits, and are praying to triple that when it wipes only what legit players have gained. Clever girl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

yea its not an exploit. its not like teams were afk farming glory forever...oh wait...
  • Options
    nataliemi971nataliemi971 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any company serious about their game, and honestly running a BETA TEST would have wiped this mess . To me this stands as proof that the game is a money grab. after defending the respec's in the cash shop and other aspects of this game,I feel pretty dumb about right now.

I am sure the inflated value of Zen v/s AD will play nicely into PWE's pocket and that is exactly the reason this mess was allowed to stand. They probably know by now that we are all catching on that this game is not going to be playable so they need that extra influx while they can get it.

Well, enjoy my $600.00 ...I know..I am <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..Also a Forgotten Realms fan, it has caused me to waste money before....However I can promis that will be that last money myself or anyone I know will spend on NWO or any other Cryptic/PWE game.

So congrats on licensing another popular name for a Hype and crash title..

The outrage and attention <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the "I am right, your're all wrong"-attitude is strong in this one.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The outrage and attention <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the "I am right, your're all wrong"-attitude is strong in this one.

And the mule account , AD stashing is strong in this one..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

This is what the Forums sound like in my head at the moment :D
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fermi wrote: »
    Stop trying to pretend. You were LOOKING for reasons to hate this game and the developers. Thus your 'after all', OP. Congratulations. You have found the excuse you needed to justify your prejudices. I won't waste time trying to convince you otherwise... I just think you should be a little more honest with yourself.

And I think you should stop deluding yourself with conspiracy theories.
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    It took me all of a few hours to realize this game was a money grab under a poorly labeled BETA. It's too bad cause despite it being a money grab for which I have dumped zero into I am enjoying the game to an extent. I know it'll all crash and burn when the p2w really kicks in tho.
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and it just took you OP...what? 3 weeks to realize?
    some of us knew it was a money grab right when Cryptic was purchased by PWE
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yea its not an exploit. its not like teams were afk farming glory forever...oh wait...

The AFK exploit has nothing to do with people grinding PvP items and selling them in the AH. That exploit has been fixed. I bought my items long after it.
    Characters:

• Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's funny to see all the fanboys attacking one of their own who has taken the blinders off and seen the light. As long as you keep lowering your standards and accepting whatever <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> devs/publishers throw at you and defend them nothing will improve.

Btw, Meridian 59 was the first MMO with 3d graphics. It predates Ultima online and many of the same people worked on both.