test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So NWO was A Money Grab After All.

clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Any company serious about their game, and honestly running a BETA TEST would have wiped this mess . To me this stands as proof that the game is a money grab. after defending the respec's in the cash shop and other aspects of this game,I feel pretty dumb about right now.

I am sure the inflated value of Zen v/s AD will play nicely into PWE's pocket and that is exactly the reason this mess was allowed to stand. They probably know by now that we are all catching on that this game is not going to be playable so they need that extra influx while they can get it.

Well, enjoy my $600.00 ...I know..I am <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..Also a Forgotten Realms fan, it has caused me to waste money before....However I can promis that will be that last money myself or anyone I know will spend on NWO or any other Cryptic/PWE game.

So congrats on licensing another popular name for a Hype and crash title..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote Originally Posted by roents
It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
Post edited by clockwerkninja on

Comments

• Options
    khane007khane007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any company serious about their game, and honestly running a BETA TEST would have wiped this mess .

... But this IS a beta test.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wiping only benefits exploiters, since they already sold their mules to chinese farmers. Do you fail to see that Cryptic can just run a query search and permaban the accounts that have like 30 Timeless Hero sets or a bag filled with Cats? The roll-back serves to prevent the market from being filled with ill-purchased goods. Let's be honest - before the exploit was widespread, the AH was fine.

And sorry if this sounds harsh, but even though I'm a hardcore D&D and FR fan myself, I have spent far less (I couldn't even afford the HotN pack even though I'm a Drow fan from like, since I started D&D in my teen years). Spending an amount of money equal to a wage and then complaining about "the game being a money grab"... Sometimes I doubt that people posting here are actually adults and they think before writing their rants. 600$ in less than a month isn't a healthy sum unless you're extremely wealthy.

The wipe punishes honest players because they play for fun, not to exploit the heck out of the game and I bet that 90% of the playerbase started to invest in the game because they were promissed that there would be no wipes. I, for instance, didn't play during BW4 because I didn't want to "spoil" myself the post level 40 content (I leveled a CW to 40 during BW2 and 3) and knew I would lose all that progress before the Open beta.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khane007 wrote: »

To see what it takes to get people to vote with their wallets.
  • Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    They will fix it OP. You need to understand this.

It will not go unpunished, and if it does, well then you'll have a reason to be concerned and /leave.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I equate the OB to a soft release with bugs, subjective to some gameplay changes and to have a widespread stress test. If the game is good by the time of release, people will come back, as they did in WoW and other sucessful MMOs.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    fermifermi Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop trying to pretend. You were LOOKING for reasons to hate this game and the developers. Thus your 'after all', OP. Congratulations. You have found the excuse you needed to justify your prejudices. I won't waste time trying to convince you otherwise... I just think you should be a little more honest with yourself.
  • Options
    korttiapinakorttiapina Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This IS a beta test. Says so in the title. So you lose all your rights to complain about anything hurrdurr.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1174.gif
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

You lose the rights of claiming Beta when you are actively promoting and taking real life money from your player-base.

I think today's reactions on the forum was definitely a bit too much (Class action lawsuit? Oh, please...), but this Beta defense has worn thin.
  • Options
    clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been MMO gaming for over 2 decades by this time. I honestly do not think they will be able to manage this disaster with no wipe.. The mules will return the AD to the economy, time and time again the hacker prove to be smarter than the dev's/mods..NWO will not survive this in the long run.

I know a lot of you do not see it, and you prolly even getting some lulz outta my problem with this ..In the long run however I feel I will be once again proven right..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fermi wrote: »
    Stop trying to pretend. You were LOOKING for reasons to hate this game and the developers. Thus your 'after all', OP. Congratulations. You have found the excuse you needed to justify your prejudices. I won't waste time trying to convince you otherwise... I just think you should be a little more honest with yourself.

This post may be even dumber than me spending 600 on NWO...

Look up my posting and you will see I have done nothing but defend the devs and this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Wiping only benefits exploiters, since they already sold their mules to chinese farmers. Do you fail to see that Cryptic can just run a query search and permaban the accounts that have like 30 Timeless Hero sets or a bag filled with Cats? The roll-back serves to prevent the market from being filled with ill-purchased goods. Let's be honest - before the exploit was widespread, the AH was fine.

And sorry if this sounds harsh, but even though I'm a hardcore D&D and FR fan myself, I have spent far less (I couldn't even afford the HotN pack even though I'm a Drow fan from like, since I started D&D in my teen years). Spending an amount of money equal to a wage and then complaining about "the game being a money grab"... Sometimes I doubt that people posting here are actually adults and they think before writing their rants. 600$ in less than a month isn't a healthy sum unless you're extremely wealthy.

The wipe punishes honest players because they play for fun, not to exploit the heck out of the game and I bet that 90% of the playerbase started to invest in the game because they were promissed that there would be no wipes. I, for instance, didn't play during BW4 because I didn't want to "spoil" myself the post level 40 content (I leveled a CW to 40 during BW2 and 3) and knew I would lose all that progress before the Open beta.

For your information..I do have money, I chose to hook up a few friends so we could do this game up right together...Huge mistake...Now go judge someone else, my bank account is doing fine without your help..Well enough to walk away and never look back..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry OP anyone who is defending the games current state and the abysmal slap on the wrist that is the rollbacks is in hardcore denial. Sucks that you had to go through that I was a huge NWN fan but I knew about PW from previous games (all pay to win btw) so I avoided the founder packs. It's a sad state when people are saying wipes would be good for "exploiters" it's the absolute bottom of the self hating delusional Stockholm syndrome that's going around the forums.

Not sure what else to say I mean if you're quitting anyway try claiming fraud and getting your bank to charge back your money. You'll be perma banned but what does it matter.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This community makes people dumb and dumber. If it looks like a money grab chances are it is a money grab. My CC company agrees.
  • Options
    cameiruscameirus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013

no, its a "soft launch".
    And when they allowed real money transactions they took it above beta. They entered into an agreement with the users that their systems were secure and could handle it. Even if game mechanics are still being tweaked, the money system should be 100% secure.

It was not, thats a massive failure on teh Devs part, and a huge hit to confidence.
  • Options
    malicioustugboatmalicioustugboat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

U+WOT+M8+description+.+http+www.facebook.com+martin.w.keating_079b02_4051759.jpg
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013

Well, enjoy my $600.00 ...I know..I am <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..Also a Forgotten Realms fan, it has caused me to waste money before....However I can promis that will be that last money myself or anyone I know will spend on NWO or any other Cryptic/PWE game.

Just charge it back. I did it with my $50. My credit card company already got me the money back. Waiting for them to close my account atm.
    Cryptic = cheap ***** that cares about nothing but money. So talk with your wallet and walk away.
    Hey blo0dy farktards, what time are the forking servers coming back up.
    Fooking hell, do your fooking job pigs.
    You incompetent pigs disgust me.
    The person who hired you is a da177n <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Fokking pigs; that's what ye are.
    Never seen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as bad as you.
    Fix the servers, eat <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> n die already.
    Forking mud faced idi0tic m0rons.
    Seriously fokk you.
    Do you forking know how long was the downtime.
    Forksh1t bustards! Every single one of you.
    Especially if a bl0ody fooking basturd deletes this.
    Sw1nes. You should not eat drink nor sleep till this is fixed and you are still taking your own bl0ody sweet time.
    Forking piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's beneath a sw1ne.

Wow, and I thought I was pissed. All the power to you buddy!
  • Options
    ganzor123ganzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also, wiping the characters will make EVERYONE wonder. If they wipe it now, what happens the next time this happens. Maybe we are 6 months into the game, spent loads of time on our character. Then suddenly. WELL WE ****ED UP, WE WILL NOW DELETE YOUR CHARACTER!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I may look into that option, I feel that ripped off..Either way its the end of my spending on these company's projects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    epictrilogyepictrilogy Member Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    For your information..I do have money, I chose to hook up a few friends so we could do this game up right together...Huge mistake...Now go judge someone else, my bank account is doing fine without your help..Well enough to walk away and never look back..

First of all you need to learn to ignore these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... You're 100% right to be concerned about this problem... all these people are like puppets, they have "exploiter" and Cryptic hands jammed deep up their A S S holes controlling their mouths or (Fingers) as they speak. They lack any logical or common sense that all these problems will extend into "LAUNCH" and with the mass of exploits nothing should make it into "LAUNCH"
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you OP and I'm in the same boat except I threw about twice as much money into it, and I honestly felt like it was a cash grab and knew it was a beta when I did it. I just had no prior experince with Crypic/Perfect World. I have a tier 3 set for my character and most of the achievements. I have a lot to lose froma wipe. I got all of this stuff without exploiting. Yet, I fell like a wipe is the way to go. I think a lot of people don't understand that when you can buy endgame stuff from trivial prices once you hit sixty it really makes the game...trivial. Rolling back seven hours does not fix this issue. For example: I bought my tier 3 gear on the auction house for cheap. I'm pretty sure it was up there for cheap because the guardian fighter exploiters farmed it for a few days, so they could afford to charge it for cheap. I noticed ALOT of toons were running around with tier 3 too. This stuff shouldn't of been easy access gear for at least another 3 to six months. Other things to give you an example of: You even want to bother raiding right now as a Guardian, you go DPS or you dont bother. My guardian started out full protection: You cant keep threat. No tank is needed for epic raids as it just a waste of a five man slot..so you ended up biting the bullet and rolling a DPS guardin if you even want to participate. The best weapon for that is Brutal Lizard Folk Scimitar..and Tier 2 weapon. When the guardian expliters started to farm, this weapons went from anywhere from 1 million to 200,000 AD....to 4 GOLD in three days. Or free if you asked around. It's going to be like that when the servers come back being as that's how the AH was when I went to bed and when I woke up, this cat -Ad exploit had already come and gone in the night.
  • Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have been MMO gaming for over 2 decades by this time...

Unless you played Legends of Future Past (which I doubt) the first commercial MMO was Ultima Online released in 1997, so your "over 2 decades" falls short :) Not a big issue, but you're about 4+ years over your mark even if you played from day 1.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yospeck wrote: »
    Unless you played Legends of Future Past (which I doubt) the first commercial MMO was Ultima Online released in 1997, so your "over 2 decades" falls short :) Not a big issue, but you're about 4+ years over your mark even if you played from day 1.

I played UO and I'm only 28. Btw the English port of Lineage 1 could technically be considered an earlier MMO than UO.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LOL try again funny enough, the first MMO was neverwinter nights on AOL back in 1991

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights_(MMORPG)
  • Options
    realr3sistancerealr3sistance Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any company serious about their game, and honestly running a BETA TEST would have wiped this mess . To me this stands as proof that the game is a money grab. after defending the respec's in the cash shop and other aspects of this game,I feel pretty dumb about right now.

A BETA TEST, like Open BETA? As the game is still listed as? People can say it's an excuse or whatever they want. The game clearly IS still Open BETA, the game is not marketed and is being passed around mainly via word of mouth tho partly via youtube groups.
    I am sure the inflated value of Zen v/s AD will play nicely into PWE's pocket and that is exactly the reason this mess was allowed to stand. They probably know by now that we are all catching on that this game is not going to be playable so they need that extra influx while they can get it.

If the devs wanted the Zen:AD ratio to be where it is then they'd just have made it that from the start. It's not like they need an excuse to set the Zen:AD ratio to a higher number. Also the open BETA is playable so I really have no idea what you think you are saying when you say that the game will not be playable... there is bounds of reasons and what you are saying isn't in them.

People aren't going to stop spending money because people won't stop playing. Derp. Also spending $600 was your decision and nobody else's, if it was legitimate fraud then I'd have some sympathy but this is clearly nothing more than QQing. Just to clarify, you ARE QQing right now over what? you haven't actually said what your issue is. If perhaps you forwarded legitimate issues I could take it as more than just a simple QQ, the only thing you mentioned is spending $600 which was your doing, not the game's.

Don't get me wrong, this game will need more content but then no MMORPG ever released with a huge amount of content from day 1 to begin with... you are basically making a judgment about a feature that hasn't had time to tested yet. For all we know more content will come but really it'll be based on how many people play the game and thus how many people spend money on it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yea, i ment to put mmo/rpg gaming...but the nerd rage and all...My first mmo game was neverwinter nights however I was thinking ultima and pen and paper AD&D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    A BETA TEST, like Open BETA? As the game is still listed as? People can say it's an excuse or whatever they want. The game clearly IS still Open BETA, the game is not marketed and is being passed around mainly via word of mouth tho partly via youtube groups.

If the devs wanted the Zen:AD ratio to be where it is then they'd just have made it that from the start. It's not like they need an excuse to set the Zen:AD ratio to a higher number. Also the open BETA is playable so I really have no idea what you think you are saying when you say that the game will not be playable... there is bounds of reasons and what you are saying isn't in them.

People aren't going to stop spending money because people won't stop playing. Derp. Also spending $600 was your decision and nobody else's, if it was legitimate fraud then I'd have some sympathy but this is clearly nothing more than QQing. Just to clarify, you ARE QQing right now over what? you haven't actually said what your issue is. If perhaps you forwarded legitimate issues I could take it as more than just a simple QQ, the only thing you mentioned is spending $600 which was your doing, not the game's.

Don't get me wrong, this game will need more content but then no MMORPG ever released with a huge amount of content from day 1 to begin with... you are basically making a judgment about a feature that hasn't had time to tested yet. For all we know more content will come but really it'll be based on how many people play the game and thus how many people spend money on it.

Can not figure out if you are stupid or a troll..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would you not issue a chargeback? Did you seriously spend 600 dollars through means other than a bank?

It keeps happening because people keep letting them get away with things like this.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nah if it was a money grab they would have done a character wipe. I'm glad to see it wasn't a money grab and they handled it properly.

P.S. Stop throwing around 600 dollars like it means anything. Another guy gave his actual transaction history proving he spent 2864 dollars on the game and was completely against a wipe. If how much you spend is a measure of how much your view is worth then his view is worth far more than your own. Over four times as much in fact.
  • Options
    ekizoekizo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any company serious about their game, and honestly running a BETA TEST would have wiped this mess

'beta' stopped meaning 'beta' somewhere around 2008

Any serious game that does not do a full character wipe after a 'beta test' (or even several during a beta test due to game breaking bugs) is pretty much considered released to anyone who hasn't started gaming recently (2009+)