test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People still selling cats

whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Rollback does not help? Like today, all chat is spammed with "WTS CATS" messages. Dev's, pay attention on that please.
Post edited by whisperofthemoon on

Comments

• Options
    adima25adima25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is because people were bored ^_^
  • Options
    crescent80crescent80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are not devs, they are incompetent. Ppl that use ah exploits still sell cats, and ppl that sell legit on ah have his items and ad lost.
  • Options
    iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    it's not an exploit to sell cats, lol
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • Options
    cr1t1kalcr1t1kal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have some left over cats for sale, pm me if you're interested

Mindflayer and dragon
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    it's not an exploit to sell cats, lol
    And it is certainly not suspicious that there are a million cats in circulation :)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm just afraid that it's gonna be another, bigger rollback because of this and i thinking now - maybe i should not complete dungeons and wait few more days before all will be fixed?
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I got a friend who exploited and got 20 cats with tainted AD, done before the 7hr rollback. Guess what, he still has all the cats -_-
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I think that this is the kind face of the consequences of the exploit... Just curious, how much do Cats sell?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    thehalostrikethehalostrike Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    costs 1 million AD to buy from the vendor
  • Options
    dustee071dustee071 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, so the rollback did nothing.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    costs 1 million AD to buy from the vendor

Yes, I know. But since the market is flooded with Cats, how much are people selling them for? I even heard that they're purchasable with gold, right?
    Characters:

• Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dustee071 wrote: »
    Lol, so the rollback did nothing.
    Did you actually expect it to?

It was just something they did to make it appear like they took some kind of action.
  • Options
    mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback does not help? Like today, all chat is spammed with "WTS CATS" messages. Dev's, pay attention on that please.

Let me get this straight, but an exploit is in place for weeks and a 7 hour roll back doesn't fix the problems it created ?

Well I am shocked

claudeshocked.jpg
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No one is selling cats. I said this before. People are spamming "WTB cats" these people are trolling and taking a stab at the previous exploit. Go ahead. Say you want to buy a cat for 20-30 or even 50 gold. No one will answer it. You can go check yourself. Say you have 300 gold and are looking to buy 10 cats. No one will respond.

At first I was about to scream foul but then.. I tried this out. ;)
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    No one is selling cats. I said this before. People are spamming "WTB cats" these people are trolling and taking a stab at the previous exploit. Go ahead. Say you want to buy a cat for 20-30 or even 50 gold. No one will answer it. You can go check yourself. Say you have 300 gold and are looking to buy 10 cats. No one will respond.

go watch some streams, people shows their bags, with 20 cats in it!
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    go watch some streams, pople shows their bags, with 20 cats in it!

Name the streamer and post a link.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »

I don't know if I should feel relieved or sad about this... Because I really want a cat for Gwyn, lol. :P
    Characters:

• Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i posted a link before and got removed. Is not really hard to do a search really!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    People still legitimately have massive amounts of ill-gotten goods. This expoit has been going on quietly since the gateway came online. It was then leaked into the public at a specific time in order to do the most damage and cause the most chaos. The people who really screwed the game, and PWE over cashed out and are long gone way before it went viral.
    They don't want people to know, and I'm sure once the ONE moderator PW has checks in all these posts will be gone and the forums will probably go down for maintenance for a few days :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    i posted a link before and got removed. Is not really hard to do a search really!

You're right. It isn't. Which is odd why my search is coming up blank.
  • Options
    pilletrillarnpilletrillarn Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a friend who exploited and got 20 cats with tainted AD, done before the 7hr rollback. Guess what, he still has all the cats -_-

Since you got friend's like that you don't need enemies!
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cats are a imaginary item that will drop in value if there are a lot in circulation, What would be smart is accually drop the venderprice on cats to say 50k ad or even put it in the 2 gold vender. or change the modle of all non bound cats to one that you place on the 2 gold vender. so cats bought AND USED previous to the exploit and used would still be leet.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cats are a imaginary item that will drop in value if there are a lot in circulation, What would be smart is accually drop the venderprice on cats to say 50k ad or even put it in the 2 gold vender. or change the modle of all non bound cats to one that you place on the 2 gold vender. so cats bought AND USED previous to the exploit and used would still be leet.
    Or give one for free for the downtime/rollback.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

We continually monitoring the situation and will make sure to take the appropriate follow-up actions if additional issues are discovered. Right now we are sorting out the legitimate reports from the people who are just posting stuff like that to be funny. :)
  • Options
    novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    How about you actually do something for the peoples exploiting this issue since release?
    Like the last time when they got 72h ban and no confiscation of items?

Only thing your rollback did was take away the 20$ cat's from peoples. Im guessing your "Apologies package" contains a weaker version of the cat and ad poster witch advertises the better version. I thaught War Z was the worst cash grab in gaming history, but im starting to believe Neverwinter Online will be even bigger.
  • Options
    kyrosiriskyrosiris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We continually monitoring the situation and will make sure to take the appropriate follow-up actions if additional issues are discovered. Right now we are sorting out the legitimate reports from the people who are just posting stuff like that to be funny. :)

Mhm.

And why you didn't actually fix this by a full wipe (since this has been going on since day 1)... why?
  • Options
    ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kyrosiris wrote: »
    Mhm.

And why you didn't actually fix this by a full wipe (since this has been going on since day 1)... why?

Right. Get rid of the hundreds of hours that tens of thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands, IDK their playerbase) of people have put into this game. That's the solution, really. That would be good, only a few thousand people would quit due to all of the last work. Really, that's what is in the best interest of Neverwinter.

Sarcasm on the interwebz, yo.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Because people already bought a lot of stuff ingame, some of them wasted real money, other - a lot of time, and they do not deserve to be wiped. All that cryptic needs to do is find all of the bug used stuff (send trough mails, clan banks, etc), and remove all that from the game.