What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interiors & Room Requests

Comments

• Options
    foglhadhafoglhadha Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need some Palace style interiors. Castle's would be nice as well.
    neverwinter-sig.jpg
    Live a Celtic Legend. Play: The Four Relics of Eire - NWS-DMUA64N8G | Subscribe: @foglhadha
  • Options
    foglhadhafoglhadha Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also think a orc themed cave would be awesome.
    neverwinter-sig.jpg
    Live a Celtic Legend. Play: The Four Relics of Eire - NWS-DMUA64N8G | Subscribe: @foglhadha
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . Similar to the full Water Maps, I'd like to see Fire Maps, Air Maps, Earth Maps, Shadow Maps, and other Para-Elemental Maps. This will help greatly in producing Elemental Abyss type maps (e.g. Planescape). I'd also like to see one that represents what it would look like if you were on a platform floating in the Astral Sea.

. . . . . I tied to convey this in my Act III of my campaign, the Dweomerkeep Temple Grounds map is supposed to look like it is floating in the Astral Sea with the power of Lolth trying to penetrate the Magical Barrier protecting it. Unfortunately, I choose a map that couldn't properly represent this and am now pondering ways to remedy this without having to recreate the whole map from scratch. I might end up elevating everything into the sky and putting down invisible barriers.
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like Small Houses like one from Neverdeath storyline
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    uhmm....i think there's a lack of castle interiors and medieval rooms :D
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need more rooms that traverse the Y axis.
  • Options
    thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sheyjin wrote: »
    1) Circular Rooms - Different sizes
    2) Halls that are slopped
    3) stairwells (Halls)
    4) caves - real caves - curved corridors, slopped corridors, no chasms in the caves.
    5) Secret doors
    6) Levers, Movable Doors, Movable Floors, Movable walls (they move when you pull a lever)
    7) The ability to make multi level dungeons/ Caves. i.e from collapsed floors or ceilings, Stairs.
    8) fix the placables so they dont fall thru the floor when you put them on a different level room.
    9) more variety of monsters.. slimes, cubes, Beholders, Giants, Ettins, Dire Animals, Treants, Trolls, Giant Spiders, Dragons, Lich
    Just look in the monster manuals.
    10) The ability to make NPC's (Boss) attack.
    What he said.. yeah.. everything, dude you are spot on.

Also I would like to add:
    Every room needs to have the lighting option "unlit", there are some now that dont have that.
    Also because of this, we need more lights (lamps, lanterns, more windows, etc)
    And we need to be able to change the strength/range of all light sources

*on #9, dont forget Displacer Beasts and Umber Hulks :D
  • Options
    jimrdvjimrdv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just need more Dwarf oriented structures.
  • Options
    takuuntakuun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need more rooms that traverse the Y axis.
    This!

And I want to be able to make something like this instead of being constricted to a single plane

Zuk5mOw.png
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exterior-
    Large River bank
    Coastal beach
    Proper sidewalk/streets/dirt paths

Interior-
    Conical tower (could work for wizard towers, light houses, outpost, etc)
  • Options
    orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interior: Spellplague-ish stuff!
  • Options
    chibidanichibidani Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    I would like to see chasms in corridors needing a bridge to cross (many ways to achieve that) - just having normal corridors limits some story lines and opportunities.

1) Shear drop
    2) Fast river
    3) Lava
    4) Ice flow

Some way to damage player if fall in and return to spawn point.

The have lava and cliffs and stuff that will hurt if you fall in/off >.>.....and you can make rivers and waterfalls but the water but they don't hurt you. They also have alot of snow related effects and stuff.

On the side note I would love some more snow maps and icey cave places making them manualy is just a ton of work x.x
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to suggest some stairs for all kits. Maybe I just haven't found it yet, but there seems to be no way to create multi-story interiors. There are some rooms that have stairs, but the selection is very, very limited. We need hallways with stairs; straight stairs, round stairs, stairs around corners, natural stairs, long stairs, steep stairs, short stairs, uneven stairs, railed stairs and stairs that become slopes...
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Want to make a timber stronghold for Hill Giants. Extra large sized log cabin type deal. :D
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ship interior and exterior. Currently my ship interior is made out of stone...
  • Options
    cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like all the requests so far. but didn't see...

Metal rooms and walls.

I like the idea of spooge walls and rooms like in Aliens kind of. Hallways dripping slime!!!

More ambiance choices and if in the future to put our own recorded dialogue in. Of course it must be profanity free.

Also if the encounter pre mades can show pics on all the windows that would be cool to know what each monster is going to look like.
  • Options
    floordanfloordan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind the option to place windows in the same you place doors; with the option to have them lit or unlit (so can be used as a light source the same as with interior pieces)

And just some general fixes on the assets we're already provided; for instance remove the permanent hanging cloth and fly swarm that appear in one of the interior rooms, and fix the lack of ceiling in some of the sewer rooms.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Castle/Keep Rooms with stairs Spiral and straight leading up and down and I'm talking about more traditional than the couple we have.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    zalliszallis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to make a pirate based campaign, but there was no way to make a ship. I would like to see a ship type, maybe airships, too.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zallis wrote: »
    I was going to make a pirate based campaign, but there was no way to make a ship. I would like to see a ship type, maybe airships, too.

If you make an Outdoor map (Details - filter "ship") -- I count at least FIVE complete airships -- two of which could probably be used as sea ships if placed correctly in a plane of water.

Edit: Oh, and dozens more of wrecked/broken portions of ships.
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dungeon corridors and rooms with chasms / rivers running through we need areas to focus on.

More multi-level rooms - with ability to connect above or below zero plane so we can make multi-level dungeons. Also the ability to run a corridor at right angles above or below an existing one.

Corridor stairs up one level and down one level.

Thats all for now.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if ALL rooms and halways could consistently have No Light option available. Particularly shorter sewers hallways...

There is too much light in there!!! Not realistic. Players should be able to add their own torches to control the light environment everywhere....

Thx
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, there is a Guild hall. I would also like Small and Large Fortified Manor Houses.
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When connecting Crypt hallway pieces to the Royal Crypt circular room with the platform in it, the doorway from the Royal Crypt side is fine but from the Crypt hallway side there's a large see-through gap on top of the small door. Would be nice if that were fixed (sealed or closed). If the door were large that might work. I've tried sealing the hole with various elements but nothing looks right. Everything looks like a bandage was slapped on it. :) Edit: Large door won't work, the gap would appear again once the door is opened.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Church/Temple/Chapel - Interior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My two cents:

I would like to see variations of the same theme really...

Interior:

1) Tiny, worn rooms. (Human/elven/dwarwen/etc)
    2) Medium, "standard" rooms. (Human/elven/dwarwen/etc)
    3) Larger, elaborate rooms for the wealthy/royalty. (Human/elven/dwarwen/etc)
    4) The same for places of worship/keeps/basements. (I figure a temple in Protectors Enclave would be larger and more detailed than a version found in a small, poor village)

Exterior:

1) The ability to start with a flat map and raise/lower the topography for placement of rivers/lakes/hills/etc where I want them. And the possibility of changing the texture to grass/sand/rock/etc... (Know this probably won't happen, but it sure would be cool!)
    2) Desert Maps
    3) City/hamlet/village "blueprints" with pre-made streets of cobblestone/dirt/city marketplace/etc

That's all I could think of right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    soulscythe666soulscythe666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would love too see more kinds of monsters... More solo elites for bettermade "boss" encounters
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would love too see more kinds of monsters... More solo elites for bettermade "boss" encounters
    I second that. There should be more boss variety. Yes you could throw a costume on the 3 or 4 solo elites available, but then the battles end up being the same way over and over.

Be fun to have a "boss constructor" to create traditional boss fights but the way the author wants them to be. So you could have the standard 75% 50% 25% triggers but allow a variety of possibilities at each stage: e.g. summon allies, heal via spell or scroll, invulnerable for 'n' seconds, triggerable actions; then there's rage timers, disappear for some time while minions fight, also have a list of selectable spells for caster bosses, etc etc. This would shift more content creation to the authors allowing cryptic to make a kick-*** boss constructor. Loot would be a product of the boss' powers/abilities/etc and not controlled by the author. Special attention would obviously need to be paid to exploiter authors creating their "EZ-Boss" quests.
    Alternately, they could come up with 5 standard boss fights and allow us to tinker with the settings and skin them (skinning already possible) to create some modicum of variety. Have 5 completely different but pre-approved fights with ranges of parameters tweakable by the author. Once again, we're starting to head back towards the boss-constructor again.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    hb4gaminghb4gaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if someone has said this... but the first thing I'd desire is a fix for many of the existing human interiors.

I don't use them because most have that random floating dirty cloth and the sound of buzzing flies inexplicably sitting in there as part of the design and neither can be removed. WHY?

I can't construct the interior of a house using the pre-made rooms without every room containing flies and a levitating dirty sheet. Please tell me this was some kind of huge oversight...

Example: Human Interior - Large Peasant House (in addition to the dirty sheets and flies, this one also has random floating pieces of flame in almost every room and burning logs that poke through the walls).

: ) That is all. Thank you!
  • Options
    zaodanzaodan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really need the lower deck of a ship (gally, hold, mess hall, quarters, etc.)