Install Arc
Options

Interiors & Room Requests

13»

Comments

• Options
    warstormforumwarstormforum Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    outdoor fortresses/castles would be nice you can make defend the fortress maps with those
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zaodan wrote: »
    I really need the lower deck of a ship (gally, hold, mess hall, quarters, etc.)

Use an exterior map and build them using Movable Wood Beams (turned horizontal maybe)?
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't want new interiors. I want more assets for interiors. More than two types of window would be nice, more than two types of doorway. Some doorways that match the other wall types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thebetafishythebetafishy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't want new interiors. I want more assets for interiors. More than two types of window would be nice, more than two types of doorway. Some doorways that match the other wall types.

Couldn't agree more. This is what I struggle with the most - creating human interiors that don't look exactly the same due to the limited number of decor options.

I'd love to see some or more of the following:

non-magical mirrors
    furs / skins for floor and wall decoration
    bathtubs / small hand basins / washtubs for dirty clothing
    canaries (or similar) in a cage / fishbowls / mice or rats we can set to path around the room
    tapestries
    bunkbeds (and other bed types - esp. something between hay and fancy beds)
    looms
    paper - blank and some with sketches or handwriting
    pianos (or, if that's not appropriate, some other type of interior musical instrument... large harps maybe?)
    vases/pots that will hold existing "outdoor" plants
    more interior plants. cacti? bamboo? (and pots that hang from the ceiling, etc.)
    more flooring options (tile, wood, etc.)
    stucco walls (whose color can be chosen by the author)
    pillows
    curtains/drapes for the various window types (in a variety of colors)
    more window and door varieties
    greater variety of paintings and sizes/shapes
    more interior lamps/candle holders
    kitchen-sized cooking spits
    primative lawn chairs? : )
    whatever might pass for an interior bathroom/washroom
    soap
    wood racks/newspaper-type racks
    towels
    kitchen sinks
    cooking kettles/pots/pans
    much wider variety of food and drink (at least a few items that clearly represent "fruit" or "vegetables", etc)
    small bathroom/kitchen/doorstep rugs
    more furniture style options (or at least more color options for the currently available couch/bed etc)
    cloth
    pile of dirty clothes
    wanted/reward posters
    writing utensils
    sheet music
    coat / clothing racks
    more kitchen-related canning bottles/cups/glasses
    small (and large) spiral staircases

... and last, but not least: non-aggressive music that would be a suitable background noise for interiors. I've been using the Blacklake soundtrack and the Tavern background music soundtrack for my homes - but I think those are my only two options at the moment. Everything else is combat-oriented. More soothing music options would be a fantastic way to allow us to control the mood of a space with less dialogue.

Thank you for everything you've given us! The Foundry is amazing! Love this game.
  • Options
    saidencloudsaidencloud Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we get some elven buildings and houses in here? I'd really like to write up an elven foundry, we all like the drow, but we really need some elven buildings and artifacts and The such. I know Sharandar is coming, but Sharandar is mostly elven ruins, there probably won't be much that's not some kind of warped or ruined building in it when you come out with its foundry content. I'd really like access to a more "modern" elven building set. When I say modern, I mean as in current forgotten relms time period. They still have beautiful cities and villages. Can we get this kind of content or expect any from feywild?
    <SHADRA> Guild House currently open: NW-DBSTUHWLT
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Couldn't agree more. This is what I struggle with the most - creating human interiors that don't look exactly the same due to the limited number of decor options.

I'd love to see some or more of the following:

non-magical mirrors
    furs / skins for floor and wall decoration
    bathtubs / small hand basins / washtubs for dirty clothing
    canaries (or similar) in a cage / fishbowls / mice or rats we can set to path around the room
    tapestries
    bunkbeds (and other bed types - esp. something between hay and fancy beds)
    looms
    paper - blank and some with sketches or handwriting
    pianos (or, if that's not appropriate, some other type of interior musical instrument... large harps maybe?)
    vases/pots that will hold existing "outdoor" plants
    more interior plants. cacti? bamboo? (and pots that hang from the ceiling, etc.)
    more flooring options (tile, wood, etc.)
    stucco walls (whose color can be chosen by the author)
    pillows
    curtains/drapes for the various window types (in a variety of colors)
    more window and door varieties
    greater variety of paintings and sizes/shapes
    more interior lamps/candle holders
    kitchen-sized cooking spits
    primative lawn chairs? : )
    whatever might pass for an interior bathroom/washroom
    soap
    wood racks/newspaper-type racks
    towels
    kitchen sinks
    cooking kettles/pots/pans
    much wider variety of food and drink (at least a few items that clearly represent "fruit" or "vegetables", etc)
    small bathroom/kitchen/doorstep rugs
    more furniture style options (or at least more color options for the currently available couch/bed etc)
    cloth
    pile of dirty clothes
    wanted/reward posters
    writing utensils
    sheet music
    coat / clothing racks
    more kitchen-related canning bottles/cups/glasses
    small (and large) spiral staircases

... and last, but not least: non-aggressive music that would be a suitable background noise for interiors. I've been using the Blacklake soundtrack and the Tavern background music soundtrack for my homes - but I think those are my only two options at the moment. Everything else is combat-oriented. More soothing music options would be a fantastic way to allow us to control the mood of a space with less dialogue.

Thank you for everything you've given us! The Foundry is amazing! Love this game.
    Wow! great list!
    I'm sure I could add a few more things in, but you got most of it covered.
    What I'd love to see on this list though is Windows! Not every human lives in a cave these days ;-)
    An unpopulated Tavern would be nice too, ad I hate how the bar is set up and the only empty options don't have windows and don't really have a very good tavern layout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And PLEASE let us be able to SAVE the "maps" as our own asset, so we can use them over and over again
    User created Maps foundryMapSaveHope.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crimsonconceptscrimsonconcepts Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Some interior items that I would like to see:

Wall segments - don't care what the room looks like or how big it is, if we have wall segments then we can build our own room to fit the needs. if you make a room and it has walls, make wall segments to match.
    Conical Tower/rooms - It would be awesome to have a tower location without having to break all the laws of physics in the game to make it.
    Making lighting selective. It would be nice to adjust the lighting mood for a room or area without having to use blackout all over the place.
    Many people have mentioned some other great ideas. Castle maps, small Crypt or Tomb.

Although not directly related to interiors - A way to export Rooms, Maps, Costumes, etc. to your local machine, or even to your ACCOUNT. That way if you are making a series of quests, you don't have to start from scratch and hope you get it to look like your previous one.

More cloth based items. I know in a game quest there is a large nasher wall hanging that you can walk through, but I don't think that is availible in the Foundry. Some other large cloth wall hangings that you can hide stuff behind. Big enough to cover a doorway. I have only found 3 small items that hang on a frame that you can walk through.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Please test my quests if you could...
    Crimsonconcepts:
    Emberbaths Planning - NW-DGU6CYPV4
    Fires Within - Goblin Attack (Part 1 of 5) - NW-DUXPXBR29
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Making lighting selective. It would be nice to adjust the lighting mood for a room or area without having to use blackout all over the place.

I know Cave "rooms" have this ability, and I'm pretty sure human interiors do as well -- but you have to select it in the "(2)layout" properties.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Some interior items that I would like to see:

Wall segments - don't care what the room looks like or how big it is, if we have wall segments then we can build our own room to fit the needs. if you make a room and it has walls, make wall segments to match.

There are a few "segments. A Human wall, and a Human door arch. But every time I use them they bug out. z-clipping kinda thing. Planes on the model flicker and just are unusable. But they are there, just two of them though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great stuff all! Thank you!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was moving this and the other two threads "off sticky" deliberate?

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would also like to see more animal varieties. Like squirrels and rabbits such to fill some of the outdoor enviorments with.
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are a few "segments. A Human wall, and a Human door arch. But every time I use them they bug out. z-clipping kinda thing. Planes on the model flicker and just are unusable. But they are there, just two of them though.

If you're having texture clipping issues with overlapping walls, move them slightly. It doesn't have to be much.

There's quite a few things in the Foundry you can use for walls, be they stone or wood or a mixture of the two. I wouldn't say no to more, though. But there's definitely more than two. Every interior map in my quest is custom made from wall and floor segments and no two are the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]