test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• dakotaspringdakotaspring Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait to play again but with the AH/AD issue that has been ruining the game's economy, the wait should be worth it.

Just give us an ETA when the fix will be completed so that we will know when to log-in and play again. Open ended posts in facebook will only add up to the frustration of waiting.

I APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS though! KEEP IT UP!
  • kirridiakirridia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How very frustrating to think I am going to lose my Celestial coins because I am unable to get into the game to invoke at least once today.
  • justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    entalyan wrote: »
    I think your mistake is that you're using developer in the correct sense of the word, while everyone else is using it to denote the programmers at Cryptic. It's not (just) the programmers fault, it's the fault of the entire development house (or at least the part that's involved with making this).

Its the same argument of trying to blame gun manufacturers for a suicide by gun. Just because a tool of exploitation exists doesnt mean those who allowed its creation bear sole responsibility for its exploitation.
  • alchemystlordalchemystlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do a complete wipe already...after having fixed the issue.
    Just give a little to those who were there since the beginning.

You might also get my money as I would by packs for a well rounded game like this one where there are new content through fans and dev team alike.

Keep up the good work.
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    251 pages!
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inu755 wrote: »
    I dont get why everyone is so mad this game has some bugs yes and the dev team is trying to fix it, calm ur nips ppl its not there fault if anyone its the plays who stole money from NW and yes this was steeling little boys and girls who know nothing

And as for every one who thinks this is live a present just for you
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0)

now SHUT THE **** UP AND WAIT FOR THE DEV TEAM TO FIX IT

thank you all ppl who feel the same way i do

I agree but they were aware of this exploit, it's been reported weeks ago. But it's always damage control they act and sell stuff as a live game promising no wipe vs being tagged as open beta because they are still bugs and exploits that have been reported a month ago that they purposely ignore to fix before releasing the game and the cash shop. Sad thing is how I can have trust in the product if they add more stuff in cash shop than bug fixed each week. It's alright to be affected by bugs, it happens. But I'm not pleased to play a great game with millions and millions of AD and Cats ccompanions hiding in thousands of mules account + all the legit gains everyone got from the devaluating AD exploits. I mean no matters how many bans they handed out AD will be worthless for several months. AD are now pesos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    esarphie wrote: »
    For those of you just joining us, allow me to summarize this thread using a one-word synopsis for each post:

Panic. Rage. Confusion. Rage. Rage. Panic. Lecture. Rage. Confusion. Reason. Rage. Rage. Insult. Rage. Panic. Pontificate. Panic. Rage.

Just repeat that list 228 times, and you've pretty much read the entire thread.

Congratulations!
    Well, you're not new enough to Internet forums to fall in with the rest of the sheeple, but you're still too new to them to realize that this is pretty much the state of darn near any thread of significant length these days. :D
  • darthfader67darthfader67 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aeonaheart wrote: »
    Don't you just love the nerve of leechers? They are the first ones to pontificate at the paying players for wanting their money's worth. We pay for them to have a free game & they tell us to chill out & stop QQing. Irks me to no end.

Hmmm! Sounds a bit like America's Welfare System!
  • fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    He actually mentioned those in his post, though it might have been edited in later. Kinda pointless though as the person he was responding to claimed to have had 10 million. You only can get that much by playing the AH. And if you were its more than likely that at least some of your AD came from tainted sources.
    AH "players" would have much more than 10 million. 10 million is easily obtainable if you are running T2. Some of the gear sells for 1 mill+ easy. Factor in that they've been able to play those for over a month, and its not hard to fathom 10 million in someones pocket. an AH "player" would have probably maxed out AD by now (since 100 million honestly isn't much...)
    edited May 2013
    252 pages!
  • aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Good thing I decided to put off putting money into the game. Got paid and thought I might put into some Zen... Thank you for showing my that the game is not ready to be paid for.

Don't understand why the servers need to be down all day when you can just turn off the AH and still let us play.

Because they are mass banning people and it would be a stream of crazy on chat and histrionics and people swearing their friends didn't cheat etc.
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    @zarvus lmao

I wonder how many MBA types are approving the communication before they are allowed to post it...

Probably not as many as you think.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    okitsunega wrote: »
    I think dealing with issues related to this is perhaps the biggest problem with this whole exploit issue. People are selling stuff in AH. Stuff that is of high value, and was obtained through perfectly legit means. When unlimited AD was introduced to the economy, the obvious result is that prices will escalate very fast, when this unlimited AD is used to purchase all the legit high-end gear from the AH. Obviously, at that point you could sell anything worth obtaining, for several million AD, and people with unlimited funds would buy it all the same.

The question you then face is, what should happen to those AD? Should the people who sold the legit items for the inflated prices, be able to keep the AD? Should the transaction itself be rolled back, and items returned to original seller? What if the seller had obtained it from auction house, when the prices had not escalated quite so much yet? What will you consider the 'start' of the chain of buying and selling?

Well its quite obvious I did not cheat ever, I hope they do go through any logs with my name. I have never even logged into the gateway. I never broke any rules, therefore I should not be punished. Its really that simple.
  • lrighlrigh Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    ad%20exploit.png

i didn't make it but some other guy posted it on the twitter feed. made me laugh

i want this ingame!
  • tyrmoontyrmoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i say if they roll back everyone should get a free spider mount
  • darkwingduck315darkwingduck315 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the end of the day you get what you pay for. I said it... thats right. If i were them i would keep the servers down for the rest of the week. Fix the issue completely. Dont have to wipe anything just address the issue then bring them back up next weekend.

I seriously doubt they want this $hit to happen again. And believe you me, there are going to be a ton of them that will try it to see if it still works.
  • rodnilaxrodnilax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    Why is he a sad little man?

Because, somehow, in a game with an economy so simple, he couldn't figure out how to make AD the easy way. He is raging saying everyone who has 500k is cheating which is simply not true.
  • blinken11blinken11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it sad that the only post i stop to read is griffin's?
    edited May 2013
    tyrmoon wrote: »

sure, then wipe the spider mounts...
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lrigh wrote: »
    i want this ingame!

hahaha!! i wish i could take credit for this idea but yes in game for everyone!
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm! Sounds a bit like America's Welfare System!

You and Margaret Thatcher can go screw.
  • jonngaltjonngalt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I am sure that Cryptic/Perfect World will come up with a fine solution, my vote is for hyperinflation a la the Weimar Republic.

"There's a new currency today, folks, Yen, and Astral Emeralds. 1 Yen = 1,000,000 Zen, and 1 Astral Emerald = 1,000,000 Astral Diamonds. All prices are now in Yen and Astral Emeralds. Oh, but we are going to give everyone 1 Yen for every 1 Zen they previously purchased, and we are going to give everyone 5000 Astral Emeralds per character per day they've been active.

My solution is only half baked, and needs to include some sort of fix for stuff previously purchased from the Zen store (maybe a time limit for anything previously purchased via Zen).

Hey, just an idea. But there is a reason this has been adopted by troubled government time and time again . . .
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel this thread should be closed it is not in any way helpful as to the time the game will be back up and there are a lot of People trolling 250 Pages of Complaining and Trolling.

I feel it's the only thing keeping me awake to see whats going on. So it does have a purpose and is helpful
  • morfeddmorfedd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From Twitter feed: Can't talk yet about how, but yes, ill-gotten gains will be gone. Presumably that includes cats. :P
  • davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    ad%20exploit.png

i didn't make it but some other guy posted it on the twitter feed. made me laugh

HAHAHAHA Absolutely love it!
  • officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    tyrmoon wrote: »
    point-laugh.jpg
    edited May 2013
    blinken11 wrote: »
    is it sad that the only post i stop to read is griffin's?

253 pages!
  • painpillspainpills Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just popped in to check on server info, then had to go throw it in reverse, and felt exceedingly compelled to say how amazing it is to come back after a good deuce and see 12 new pages of posts on here. even if the guys there cant seem to fix this game in a timely fashion, at least they got a whole squad of bored dorks that are on top of things in the forums - kudos to you guys, have a Snickers! they really should just replace the guys they got with the nerds here that obviously have the time and dedication, lol.

time for guitar, keep up the good work here boys <3
  • daddyjackdaddyjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    252 pages!

SWEEETT i was just telly my wife that haha. FLAME WARS YAAAA!!!
    edited May 2013
    woot! 254 pages!