test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account hacked...

skreebusskreebus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I dont know how it will allow me to stay logged in on this account since someone very early Friday morning hacked my account and changed the password and the default e-mail on the account. I submitted a ticket about this about 3 hours (before I left for work) after this had happened. I got a couple responses throughout the day, but I have yet to get any response or my account returned. I mean I dropped $260 alone on the top 2 tier founder packs and this is what I get. And it seems weird that there is suddenly a rash of account hacks at launch......anyone whom played Diablo 3 may remember a problem like this when that game launched. But hopefully PWE and Cryptic dont blame their customers for this, like Blizzard did.

So my question is how long will this take to get my account back, since I already gave them the verifying info for my account? I'm hoping who ever has my account didn't do the AH <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and get it banned :(
Post edited by skreebus on

Comments

• Options
    gibby87gibby87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if they did the AH exploit, their logs should show that it was done after you lost the account so you shouldn't be held responsible for it. However, my account got hacked Thursday and I still haven't heard a word, just as many others on these forums. What is worse yet is that there has been no word from Cryptic/PW that anyone is even on the job. Our accounts might be gone for good and for every day that passes my hope is fading away and even if I get my account back I'm not sure how tempted I would be to continue playing if this is how we are treated when we need support.
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They knew about these bugs and exploits in beta over 9 months ago and they are still in game... you think your accounts are coming back any time soon.... how cute is that?
  • Options
    skreebusskreebus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that kind make things look down. I kept asking on the twitter page but my question kept being avoided today. I hate when companies do things like this. PRO - TIP: To Cryptic and PWE it's in your best interest if you want to keep your customers then you should probably do your best to help them out on issue they need.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    uhm... did you set your own forum title, or has it been like that? Since your Neverwinter account is the same as your pw account.. what exactly got hacked?
  • Options
    kassiduskassidus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny, every time i hear of someone getting hacked %99 of the time its because they bought from gold farmer sites.
    Theres a lesson there.
  • Options
    kassiduskassidus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny, every time i hear of someone getting hacked %99 of the time its because they bought from gold farmer sites.
    Theres a lesson there.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I dunno...sounds fishy to me.
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    You can say that again again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    uhm... did you set your own forum title, or has it been like that? Since your Neverwinter account is the same as your pw account.. what exactly got hacked?
    I set the title this way back when I bought the Big pack. and i dont kow how the cookie for the site left me logged in but thats how I found out the e-mail was changed to a bogus e-mail. Other wise I cant change anything on my account cuz it asked for the password and I dont know what it was changed to. And cant recover my password since it's been changed to that other e-mail.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As a long-time gamer, like myself, I would be sure that you know when they look into your account issues, that everything and everyone that has accessed your account, either this time, or the first time, or the third..has been logged so with that in mind, don't fret that they won't discover where the 'intruder' came from and what 'he or she' might have done with your account over the weekend.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    skreebus wrote: »
    I set the title this way back when I bought the Big pack. and i dont kow how the cookie for the site left me logged in but thats how I found out the e-mail was changed to a bogus e-mail. Other wise I cant change anything on my account cuz it asked for the password and I dont know what it was changed to. And cant recover my password since it's been changed to that other e-mail.

Be glad you heard back at all. Mine was stolen last Monday and not a peep from these guys.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kassidus wrote: »
    Theres a lesson there.
    I never bought gold from those sites. I dont have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gold on my main. I spend it too much on pots. And I buy zen and exchange it for AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just keep requesting a new password every 5 minutes.. spam spam spam. plus it is useless right now - the account.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    skreebus wrote: »
    I never bought gold from those sites. I dont have <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for gold on my main. I spend it too much on pots. And I buy zen and exchange it for AD.

Don't feed the troll. The guy obviously doesn't know wtf he's talking about.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just keep requesting a new password every 5 minutes.. spam spam spam. plus it is useless right now - the account.
    LOL I did that a few times. I had it sent to that email since it wont let me change it w/o the password. And I had my cousin sign in to his account to see if my account was logged on and if the person had messed with my guild (since I'm the leader). And my cousin said at that time the person didnt have my account online so hoping they didn't do anything with my account.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    krayzeeone wrote: »
    Don't feed the troll. The guy obviously doesn't know wtf he's talking about.
    True. People always say this is the problem when a rash of people start losing accounts. And that's what Blizzard tried to say til they finally admitted it was a bug in the AH that allowed people to get account info. Just wish I could get my account back and an authenticator on it like I did for D3.
  • Options
    scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I have worried about this very thing. I have not had my account here stolen, but I have had an account stolen before. I understand the sinking feeling from it. The part that really scares me is there has been no actual response to any of my tickets, as well as some tickets just plain disappearing.

What really helps is knowing someone is helping you, or at least listening. I don't get that feeling from this company.

Two more things: One, I hope my account doesn't get stolen, and Two, for those of you that have had your accounts stolen, I hope you get it all back soon.
  • Options
    jerryskid103jerryskid103 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like somebody is afraid of the of the big scary admin with the ban hammer gonna take away their 200 dollar founders pack cause they exploited the market. Makes me giggle yesterday you were the man saying to yourself "I'M RICH" like scrooge McDuck swimming in astral diamonds WEEEEEEEEE! Then we arrive at today's shenanigans "scary sadness". Yeah I'll tell em someone hacked into my account and exploited the market they'll never find out its foolproof! I'm such a genius time for a twinkie wait Hostes What?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like somebody is afraid of the of the big scary admin with the ban hammer gonna take away their 200 dollar founders pack cause they exploited the market. Makes me giggle yesterday you were the man saying to yourself "I'M RICH" like scrooge McDuck swimming in astral diamonds WEEEEEEEEE! Then we arrive at today's shenanigans "scary sadness". Yeah I'll tell em someone hacked into my account and exploited the market they'll never find out its foolproof! I'm such a genius time for a twinkie wait Hostes What?
    Get back under the bridge troll! Not much exploiting with a total of like 20k AD is it?......ya I though so troll.
    Plus not exploiting since 1. that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is lame. and 2 I didnt even know about the exploit til today when they posted on twitch the servers were going down for it. All the time while I was trying to get answers about my account situation.
  • Options
    unclesaltyunclesalty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After getting your account back, they will reimburse your AD. If your toons gone you have to start over.

I should know. Took me week and a half to get it resolved.
    Flamtastic_Xanatos_Siggy_by_couchpatatoe51_zpsbe77b1fc.png AKA HELLHULK
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have my toons since I didnt have really any AD or gold.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well I can say, in WoW and ONLY WoW, I had an account that I stopped for months, not only re-activated, but also hijacked and did some serious damage. I can also say that Blizzard got to the bottom of it, reinstated all the damage they did, even to my guild and even gave me 3 months of free playtime.

So with that experience, I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt, and Cryptic is under duress and a hijacked account might be the least of their worries as of right now given the current circumstances. Which your topic about your account comes at an inopportune time while Cryptic is currently banning accounts of the AH/AD exploit and gives credence to skeptics on the board.

All I can say is keep trying or maybe see if they have phone support. Most companies do have phone support especially over peoples account and money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I can say, in WoW and ONLY WoW, I had an account that I stopped for months, not only re-activated, but also hijacked and did some serious damage. I can also say that Blizzard got to the bottom of it, reinstated all the damage they did, even to my guild and even gave me 3 months of free playtime.

So with that experience, I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt, and Cryptic is under duress and a hijacked account might be the least of their worries as of right now given the current circumstances. Which your topic about your account comes at an inopportune time while Cryptic is currently banning accounts of the AH/AD exploit and gives credence to skeptics on the board.

All I can say is keep trying or maybe see if they have phone support. Most companies do have phone support especially over peoples account and money.
    I agree the timing is screwy. But I didnt even know about this exploit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so I'm not trying to be one of those guys and they can see logged IP addresses so that will work in my favor for this. And I tried calling the support and it just says they are busy and call back later. And it said mon-fri til 6:30 pm PDT and I kept calling friday but never got through to them.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm I have what may sound like a stupid question. But all these people in the forums claiming that their accounts were hacked, how are they posting it on the forums, since your in game account and your forum account use the same username and password to log in?
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    Umm I have what may sound like a stupid question. But all these people in the forums claiming that their accounts were hacked, how are they posting it on the forums, since your in game account and your forum account use the same username and password to log in?

With a new account. It's a F2P game so we can keep making them, but we obviously can't get to our main chars or their progress/invested money.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hack is one of the most commonly misused phrases in all of computers. To Hack a computer, you have to physically be at the computer, hacking is a hardware trick, so unless you physically invited a stranger into your house and said "would you like a spot of tea while you use my computer, you were not hacked. The more likely culprit is cracking or phishing. I am going to assume since you are a guild leader, you were not stupid enough to give out your password to some nut job claiming to be a PW/Cryptic employee, so lets get to the heart of the matter, whether your account was cracked or not.

Hacked, cracked or phished makes not difference. You have the ability to post on the forum which is the same account you link into the game with which means while you may not know your password, your computer does. This most likely this would indicate that you or someone at your location changed the email, hence hacking would be the right term. Just for giggles, click on my account at top of this page... don't copy and paste or anything stupid, just let the computer take you there and try to change email and password. Theoretically since your accounts are linked you should remain logged in when you jump to the account settings, and be able to regain control of your account.

I didn't design the system so no guarantees, but I tested it here and it worked.

I work in signal in the military so I know all about comsec. I am not stupid enough to give out the info or fall for fishing attempts. Now as far as someone physically changing it....that is a no go since I am the only one that uses this computer and my wife has better things to do. And my 3 and 4 years old children.....YA lol they are not doing that. I tried logging in, in a different browser (i use chrome as main, so I tried on IE) and it wont let me in. Thats why I'm not sure how the cookies on this site work because it kept me logged in to the site on chrome but if I try to change any settings it asks for the password which I have no ida what the person has changed it to.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »

AFAIK, as I have seen in most games, when you get banned in game, you still retain your forum rights, unless you go to the forum to rant and curse them about your banning, then in that case they get banned from there too. Usually follows that formula, so I can see why you think that LOL.
  • Options
    talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I had my account hacked too, (i can still log in from facebook but I can't change anything because they changed the email and password) mine happened almost 24 hours ago and I'm still yet to get a single response from them. What did you do to even get them to respond? anything would ease my mind.

Jokes on the hacker though I had NO zen and 8k AD. have fun with that. My friends that were on said he logged in for 30 seconds and logged out, I'm guessing pretty disapointed.

Never had anything like this happen to me before I'm always very VERY safe. But I did log into the gateway on my wifes laptop the other day and I'm pretty sure thats where it happened =/
This discussion has been closed.