test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    klyvanixklyvanix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe next time you release a patch and it breaks the game, can it be during the middle of the week?
  • Options
    nikmal2013nikmal2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Are you really this F'N stupid? Or can you just not read.
    Not only was in reported in CB, it was reported repeatedly and ignored.
    And the same thing already happened in the STO game - so there is no excuse.

Can you get your fanboi hands off PWE's skrotum long enough to know anything?

So your answer is to exploit it, exploit it, exploit it because it was not fixed to your satisfaction or at all? Report it and leave it alone. the very fact that we as users now have to wait because someone decided that making public an exploit of this nature would be cool and such that we as user now have to wait for PWE to fix it. Your logic is terrible.
  • Options
    thalackallathalackalla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    greymasque wrote: »
    By your reasoning, then, the closed betas of pretty much every PWE game was actually Live.
    I can't help but think you're a sockpuppet of aeonaheart, with your... "interesting" definition of "open beta." (Hint: open beta has to do with bugtesting, not money.)

Only Sock Puppet around here is the one in your bed.

ok, Back to topic.

As this game has only been live for a little while, a Full Wipe is the Best way to resolve this issue.
    All of the "exploits" like 150k Guild bank tabs, AHAD, and other items that were resolved would also be "fixed" and result in a better, more stable, and enjoyable game For the Long Term.
    I fully expect that if this option were taken, that the Original AD and all Zen purchases through the Zen Store Would be refunded.

Would I buy that worthless “healer companion that does not heal” for 2000 Zen, No Frigging Way!
    I Would take all the knowledge from my past experience and correct some of the mistakes that I have made and I (myself) would be better off in my Gaming, Toon, and Skill in game.

Would I be sad that I 'lost' my 32, 24, 28, 19, 19, 14, 4 (vender Mule)and 4 level characters? Yes.
    Would I be sad that I 'lost' my 13 level profession with my 2 grape and 9 or so Blue minions? Yes.
    However, the game would be better. And I would enjoy my playing experience more making the value of my $450 in Zen purchases even more worthwhile to me.

...and yes, I drive a spider.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    jackomara wrote: »
    So they're basically going to give all their beta testers months and months of advantage over new players when it launches? That doesn't make sense.

What *would* make sense is to do a full wipe, give the founder pack buyers a few days head start and their loot, and refund everyone's zen back to their accounts to respend. Founders and zen purchasers get what they paid for and the playing field is level again.
    Question: How will you distinguish the "final launch" from the game now? What will be any different?
    Answer: You won't because nothing will be different. This IS the launch. LOL
  • Options
    trailturtleadmintrailturtleadmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zethryn wrote: »
    will i be lossing the ad i got from the founders pack i just got the other day cause if so i deserve a refund of my money back

No one will be losing Astral Diamonds from their founders pack.

1) Be happy that the dev team worked on Sunday.

Yeah... I work at PWE's offices, and next time I go down to Cryptic's offices, I'm bringing a cake. :p
  • Options
    kronos6913kronos6913 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope so.
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    lobotomize wrote: »
    I've played over 500 games, and hell, I remember when game-breaking bugs were a daily occurrence in vanilla WoW.

willywonkameme.jpg
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the forums have been entertaining, so thanks all for posting ;)
    I put this at about 7 hours, so I hope that is due to the fact they have fixed the bug and are now going through logs to catch the cheaters. I'm willing to lose a night of gameplay if at least "some" of the people responsible are dealt with. I expect some "accidental" people getting hit with the Ban hammer too, that happens. So to those people that are inconvenienced (please don't let it be me! lol), just remember, the people who caused this problem are the people who cheated and those that found out and didn't report it until now...not the Devs. Best of luck! g'night.
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikemota wrote: »
    your meme is bad and you should feel bad!

Yea... But at least it was more productive than 99% of the posts in this thread... *LOL*
  • Options
    haonmaruzhaonmaruz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please. solve it without wiping the game.
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SteakHolders?? people with money or something....that should not be what the game depends on to get goin...**** the AH and take it off line and then fix it wile they ley peeps do q's or work on foundry ****

mmmm steak
  • Options
    rothongodweaponrothongodweapon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whelp i hope this gets resolved soon, I'm really enjoying this game although my highest toon is lvl 16-17 atm. That said this economy stuff is really confusing and 'm kinda hoping the get rid of the astral diamonds and stuff like that completely as understanding the interaction between cash, diamonds and zen is so complicated that I don't feel like even bothering. Then again that's what BETA is all about finding the bugs and stress testing the servers.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the User CP, look on the left for "Permission Groups". Click on that then select the title you wish to display :)
    Dude... Thank you! I owe you a beer good sir! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    klyvanix wrote: »
    Maybe next time you release a patch and it breaks the game, can it be during the middle of the week?

Heh... what patch do you think they released?
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

There needs to be a complete wipe, refund all zen and AD, and start new...We need to speak out and let these people know we are tired of this type of business practice.
  • Options
    wired420wired420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless there is a character wipe there is no longer any reason to keep playing this game. There have been so many economy based exploits run at this point the economy is already ruined.

I don't want to hear any whining about how you got max level characters. So do I. I still want it to be player wiped, and they need to take care of the emerging bot problem too. I count no less than 5 at this point and all are easy to detect, but its not being done.
  • Options
    sylphmoresylphmore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleted post
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    i didnt make this list but its true. We need a wipe. Let me fill you in on all the exploits and when we found them.

1 - ah exploit - this is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited ad and simply clean out the ad vendors, as well as buy up all the zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that i logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, i noticed that a gm told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So i gave up reporting it.

2 - quest sharing exploit - this allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, i made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - foundry bugs - were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although i knew about this bug, i did not report it because i thought the other two were more important.

4 - the cw set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more cw's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - the gf set bug - yet another set bug that allowed the gf to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the cw set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - chest farming exploits - these are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - there is already a bot out for neverwinter that members of tault unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - tr dc bug - this was used mostly in pvp to instantly disconnect anyone the tr targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all tr groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - potion exploit - basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other ad earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - autohotkey - macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - afk pvp groups - creating a few accounts and making an afk group (managed by autohotkey or the viper bot), you can quickly earn xp and gear while you sleep.

12 - their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! It gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

i agreee this game need to be wipe asap , c`mon gm use your brain you wanna game this destroy?

You must thinking fast gm this the right time to wipe .. If anyone buy zhen just put in new char again simple
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

There needs to be a complete wipe, refund all zen and AD, and start new...We need to speak out and let these people know we are tired of this type of business practice.
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you people serious? It's a game. Just wipe away ALL the currency. Anybody ever play an actual table-top game? You know.. risk or chess or something? Ever wonder what you do if the table gets bumped and all the pieces get mixed up.... you start again. I repeat myself.. but ... It's a game.
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dponyg wrote: »
    Hi guys i used the bug!!!!!! I didn't wanna spend zen on Astral Diamonds so i used it!!! I got all my friends to use it as well then we made new accounts and gave astral diamonds to other accounts IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! I then told more friends about it and they did the same this is awesome!!!! If you guys want some astral diamonds msg me they cant ban all my accounts, or my friends accounts or theres.

I hope they ban you and send their lawyers after you (or your parents, who are obviously terrible at raising children), and generally make your life as miserable as possible for the next couple of years. That would be, how would you say?--"AMAZING!!!!!"
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    seattlescirenseattlesciren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by fangowned
    In conclusion its a Beta test phase,you invite players to test your game for possible flaws,there is no logic in banning your testers.If you want this game to have any future admit to your customers that your decision for naming it open beta or having a real money shop in a beta test phase was dishonest either way and that from now on you will support your customers and treat them with respect.Weather we like it or not,wipe is the only way for this game to roll again,otherwise everyone should open their eyes and see how they're getting exploited by a game company and move forward making this the 1st mmo of history that failed before even going live! My 2 cents..

aeonaheart wrote: »
    AMEN... exactly... good post.

Good point ONLY if the exploit was tested a few times to see if it was repeatable and reported on..IF it was done numerous times and then the exploit was then utilized over and over again...then ban them. Since everything I am reading thus far.. the people responsible did it for quite a long time and benefited from it - THAT is not what beta testing is about. That makes it a bannable offense imo.
  • Options
    nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Well in his defence it did seem to be the only way for them to acknowledge and fix the exploit, which people would have continued using if it had not been released publicly.
  • Options
    lycanus06lycanus06 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do a wipe and get on with it
  • Options
    leetsawcesleetsawces Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    LATEST INTEL ON PWE Twitter!!!

We've made a decision on making a decision, and have decided to make that decision on a decision when we have collected all our facts need to make that decision. We do expect this decision to come shortly after we have made it.
  • Options
    bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    your a ****in idiot'

/cough

I think you mean "you're" ?

tee hee, we win u nubs!
  • Options
    shadoewraythshadoewrayth Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah... I work at PWE's offices, and next time I go down to Cryptic's offices, I'm bringing a cake. :p

Mandatory "The cake is a lie" quote.
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackomara wrote: »
    So they're basically going to give all their beta testers months and months of advantage over new players when it launches? That doesn't make sense.

Yeah I don't think you're quite grasping the situation here.
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vinzo wrote: »

AGREE BRO

:mad::mad:

impervium wrote: »
    Hi guys i used the bug!!!!!! I didn't wanna spend zen on Astral Diamonds so i used it!!! I got all my friends to use it as well then we made new accounts and gave astral diamonds to other accounts IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! I then told more friends about it and they did the same this is awesome!!!! If you guys want some astral diamonds msg me they cant ban all my accounts, or my friends accounts or theres.
    look <<< THIS THE FACT
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    klyvanix wrote: »

What are you going on about? What patch that broke the game? Hmmm? I think you missed the entire thing. This problem has existed since closed beta. People talking about it and telling everyone & exploiting it rampantly broke the game. Reading is fundamental to understanding.