test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    pinksock1pinksock1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is killing me!
  • Options
    phlalephlale Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vuzzle wrote: »
    If they do a full roll back im probly done with this game ive spent the last 3 days lvling my rouge and CW to 60 and geting them t2 gear such a waste of time now

holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you did this in three days? i've taken 2 weeks just to get to 24 :(
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dponyg wrote: »
    Hi guys i used the bug!!!!!! I didn't wanna spend zen on Astral Diamonds so i used it!!! I got all my friends to use it as well then we made new accounts and gave astral diamonds to other accounts IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! I then told more friends about it and they did the same this is awesome!!!! If you guys want some astral diamonds msg me they cant ban all my accounts, or my friends accounts or theres.
    They can. Trading Logs.

Goodbye. :3

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    ralphtrralphtr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, since I try to RP my character as much as possible, and it's looking like rollback is the word of the day, I'm trying to decide how to incorporate it into my character's story. After all, she's going to be missing "memories" and items, and have to re-do things she's already done.

From a story line perspective, this is all very interesting.

Character development... there is a silver lining to everything!
    First helpful post I've seen today. I'd say the Gods are the root cause. They saw the greedy way that some magicians were manipulating the market and cast a curse on everyone. They are going to relive their days over and over and learn the futility of seeking wealth.
  • Options
    dridiadridia Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MMO's were a lot better when we all paided for our subscription/expansions. More whinning on on F2P game about money is funny.
  • Options
    galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vuzzle wrote: »
    If they do a full roll back im probly done with this game ive spent the last 3 days lvling my rouge and CW to 60 and geting them t2 gear such a waste of time now

omg 3 whole days? u poor guy/girl. 3 whole days for cap level /gear.... on 2 toons........ if you are not willing to reinvest 3 whole days to max urself out again go play something else.
  • Options
    soulinsolicesoulinsolice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your a ****in idiot'
  • Options
    ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phlale wrote: »
    holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you did this in three days? i've taken 2 weeks just to get to 24 :(

Don't feel bad... this just means that you probably have a real life. :P
  • Options
    jackomarajackomara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    briseda wrote: »
    They posted over and over that they arent wiping anything.

So they're basically going to give all their beta testers months and months of advantage over new players when it launches? That doesn't make sense.

What *would* make sense is to do a full wipe, give the founder pack buyers a few days head start and their loot, and refund everyone's zen back to their accounts to respend. Founders and zen purchasers get what they paid for and the playing field is level again.
  • Options
    toteztotxtoteztotx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost as bad as the Blizzard team. a short time for something that ends up taking way to long for very little.
  • Options
    davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well said.

At least I can give you some comforting feedback. IF they did ever do a wipe, they would use the same procedures they have demonstrated both here and in STO. In the case of Neverwinter a lot of us bought Zen during the closed weekends. When they did the server wipe, all zen was re-applied back to our store account, so that we could re-purchase whatever items we wanted again. I also went on a crazy spending spree with my AD during closed beta, and when they did the wipe, all of that AD was refunded back to me as well.

As long as we acquired our funds and resources following the game rules, we have nothing to worry about. I hope this helps :)

Ty for this. :) Maybe some people can chill out a bit now while the Devs finalize everything.

Updates are easier to find here for current server status and news from the actual employees in case you all need the links.
    https://www.facebook.com/NeverWinterGame
    https://twitter.com/neverwintergame
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for keeping us updated, it sucks u guys had a terrible weekend.
  • Options
    odidee12odidee12 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    i didnt make this list but its true. We need a wipe. Let me fill you in on all the exploits and when we found them.

1 - ah exploit - this is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited ad and simply clean out the ad vendors, as well as buy up all the zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that i logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, i noticed that a gm told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So i gave up reporting it.

2 - quest sharing exploit - this allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, i made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - foundry bugs - were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although i knew about this bug, i did not report it because i thought the other two were more important.

4 - the cw set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more cw's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - the gf set bug - yet another set bug that allowed the gf to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the cw set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - chest farming exploits - these are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - there is already a bot out for neverwinter that members of tault unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - tr dc bug - this was used mostly in pvp to instantly disconnect anyone the tr targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all tr groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - potion exploit - basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other ad earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - autohotkey - macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - afk pvp groups - creating a few accounts and making an afk group (managed by autohotkey or the viper bot), you can quickly earn xp and gear while you sleep.

12 - their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! It gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

i agreee this game need to be wipe asap , c`mon gm use your brain you wanna game this destroy?

You must thinking fast gm this the right time to wipe .. If anyone buy zhen just put in new char again simple
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was somewhat happy that i was able to get 600k AD and could buy enough zen to respec... meh
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    kronos6913 wrote: »
    i didnt make this list but its true. we need a wipe. Let me fill you in on ALL the exploits and when we found them.

1 - AH exploit - This is what all the current fuss is about. Too bad it was discovered and reported in closed beta, only to still make it in. Through this exploit one can earn unlimited AD and simply clean out the AD vendors, as well as buy up all the Zen they wanted. I knew about it and reported it on the day that I logged in. My ticket was closed and marked as resolved. Upon reading it further, I noticed that a GM told me the ticket was lost and to resubmit it. I did and kept playing. The second ticket was closed and "lost again". So I gave up reporting it.

2 - Quest sharing exploit - This allowed you to reach level 60 in about an hour of playing. It also allowed people to farm unlimited bags, assets, and materials. It was discovered and reported in closed beta, but still made it in to the open beta. Once again, I made a ticket about it only to have it closed. My follow up ticket was also closed.

3 - Foundry bugs - Were used to gain max level and farm gear. Although I knew about this bug, I did not report it because I thought the other two were more important.

4 - The CW set bonus bug allowing them to hit for millions points of damage. This was a very minor bug, but it still allowed a team of two or more CW's to farm end game content. I did not know about this bug, but plenty of people in my guild did.

5 - The GF set bug - Yet another set bug that allowed the GF to almost instantly kill any mob in the game. A lot more consistent than the CW set bug, and caused a lot of damage to the economy. I knew about this a few days into the game, but decided not to report it since my other tickets kept being closed and "lost".

6 - Chest farming exploits - These are still in the game and allow people to farm easy money, as well as gear and ingredients.

7 - There is already a bot out for Neverwinter that members of Tault Unleashed have been using. Currently it can be made to level or exploit chests. They are working on having it take care of professions and auto pray for you as well.

8 - TR DC bug - this was used mostly in PvP to instantly disconnect anyone the TR targeted with certain abilities. It allowed all TR groups to quickly win matches in the least amount of time possible.

9 - Potion exploit - Basically you can have unlimited healing potions - not much of an exploit since you can accomplish the same thing easier by using any other AD earning exploit and buying potions.

10 - AutoHotkey - Macro software that allows you to easily max your crafting.

11 - AFK PvP groups - creating a few accounts and making an AFK group (managed by AutoHotkey or the Viper bot), you can quickly earn XP and gear while you sleep.

12 - Their support site has not worked since launch. That's right, you can't even request a refund or report bugs through that thing! it gets stuck in an infinite loop after you log in to submit a ticket.

If this is true, this is borderline criminal.
  • Options
    mmosoulmmosoul Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a mess this is turning out to be. Justifies my decision on why one never ever puts money into something like this AND also why a game should Never Ever have payments in a beta stage.
    Flaws like this is the reason why after the end of beta the servers are actually wiped clean, it is also a set point as to what will happen, but the

This is the new and improved Beta, no wipes here. Guess that sorta makes it live then doesn't it :p Game developers are doing it as a way to fund the development costs because they basically suck as a company and can't do it otherwise. Nobody is lining up at their door to throw money into something that will probably fail before it ever launches. There has been too many to count over the last few years. It's sad what the MMO world has turned into.
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exploit_zpsa966609f.jpg

Heh...
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how long can this SOON <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> last? ... its been soon for the past two hours... make up your mind!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ralphtr wrote: »
    First helpful post I've seen today. I'd say the Gods are the root cause. They saw the greedy way that some magicians were manipulating the market and cast a curse on everyone. They are going to relive their days over and over and learn the futility of seeking wealth.

Ooh, I like that idea. Punishment straight from the Gods, very nice... I may go with that for my cleric character, since she's very religious. :D
  • Options
    runawayofmerunawayofme Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coming soon, please create acountt..... CHARACTER DELETE IN 3 2 1 XD
  • Options
    mosheblackaddermosheblackadder Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a lot to be said for those who find a way to exploit an in game currency and none of it is good in all honesty if you bought AD from a third party then any actions taken by PW have been earned as well as getting them via a bug. Just my opinion
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is likely no way to fix the bloated economy as the AD have pervaded too many transactions. Don't wipe, but open a new server for people who want a more stable economy and reverse the Zen transactions for people who want to go there.
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    your a ****in idiot'

"you're" or "you are". Now, who is the idiot?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't feel bad... this just means that you probably have a real life. :P
    Those aren't real!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mikemotamikemota Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exploit_zpsa966609f.jpg

Heh...

your meme is bad and you should feel bad!
  • Options
    lobotomizelobotomize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gimpyloser wrote: »
    Why are so many people convinced that a wipe is the only solution? That sounds like a knee-jerk reaction. If your arm is mangled by a wild animal do you have to amputate? Possibly, but let the surgeon make that decision, not the butcher.

This, you guys are freaking out and getting overly emotional.

I've played over 500 games, and hell, I remember when game-breaking bugs were a daily occurrence in vanilla WoW.

Stuff has happened time and time and time again, and they have been fixed. It's an error. Give it time and let them fix it. If it's not fixed in a day or two, then you come back with pitchforks and demand your money back.

Not after a couple hours, ON A SUNDAY, after the exploit exploded the auction house.

My knowledge of programming, i'm pretty sure they have to CODE the FIX first, before they can actually FIX it.

(I feel like i'm in blizzard or bioware's forums right now, seriously guys.)

Just chillax, things will get fixed.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dponyg wrote: »
    Hi guys i used the bug!!!!!! I didn't wanna spend zen on Astral Diamonds so i used it!!! I got all my friends to use it as well then we made new accounts and gave astral diamonds to other accounts IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! I then told more friends about it and they did the same this is awesome!!!! If you guys want some astral diamonds msg me they cant ban all my accounts, or my friends accounts or theres.

um yes they can they know when your toon wet his pants when a lvl 50 ogre breathed on him so if they so choose and I hope they do they will ban those accounts as well your on the list
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would just like to figure out how to get my Founders title under my name?????

Finally . . . an issue more important than this silly little exploit business. ;)

In the User CP, look on the left for "Permission Groups". Click on that then select the title you wish to display :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mikemota wrote: »
    your meme is bad and you should feel bad!

You win the internet.
  • Options
    dponygdponyg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are they gonna ban the people i gave astral diamonds to for free =*( not fair