test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• Options
    blackeeyoreblackeeyore Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one thing i miss the most is the race Dragonborn...! really miss it, and I hope to see it soon!
  • Options
    blackeeyoreblackeeyore Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one thing i miss the most is the race Dragonborn...! really miss it, and I hope to see it soon! Hope you agree.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one thing i miss the most is the race Dragonborn...! really miss it, and hope to see it soon!
    The one thing i miss the most is the race Dragonborn...! really miss it, and I hope to see it soon!
    The one thing i miss the most is the race Dragonborn...! really miss it, and I hope to see it soon! Hope you agree.

Why the spam?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    ash1983ash1983 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be able to start a dialog with an object like a door or a box (IE someone is inside the box or on the other side of locked door)
  • Options
    ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This thread is huge so I assumed that things presented on the first page are up to date. While I was creating my maps I found out some things that bothered me. Well, maybe they bothered because I remember quite well how did it look when I edited things in Aurora toolkit ^^

- Doors. Now they can be only accessed when quest allows it. I would like to make a link between diferent doors (even on different maps) without the need of having quest between zones. I would like to, for example, visit a village and question different village people in their houses (which are different maps). Now I can't. I would have to make quest that requires me to visit first house, then second, then third and fourth. Inconvinient.

- Roads. (...) I was wrong about number of roads, but still you can't make road of sand in cotage

- Mushrooms. I know they are big for caverns and drow-like settlements, but I'd like to make a small patch of mushrooms near an old house and what do i get? Humungous hummus.

- Scaling. I often find interesting doors that I totally dig but then I realize that it's giant gateway to the city. Or a humungous hummus. Or I'd like to make a city of giants. Or carpet is too small. Or painting is too large. I'd like to scale them.

- Carpets. Their number is thin.

- Beards. You can only apply them if you have correct model to work with. I would like to attach beard to any character, even elf!

- Bug of sort: when I make object interactable and then make a door (in quest mode) regarding this object it makes it interactable in 2 ways: I via clicking, the other one is a door. And you can't turn off the interactability, unless you remove the door feature from it. I may sound complicated, but it occurs simply when you make object interactable, then you make a quest to move to another map via this object and then you can't make this object uninteractable.

Thanks for reading my post ^^

EDIT:
    Oh, and maybe some more events that occur after entering area that are not quest related, like after entering zone you recieve message or someone spawns. They were awesome in NWN and would love to add some in my adventures here ^^
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • Options
    aveloxiaveloxi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, double post
  • Options
    aveloxiaveloxi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yospeck wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean, but you can select an item and cut it (ctrl+x) then paste it (ctrl+v) to its new location, it'll land at your feet so you'll still need to adjust it. Not entirely sure how else you want it fine tuned.

Basically, I want to be able to grab an object with the cursor, move it around with me (instead of slide, move my toon, slide again, repeat) and generally make it easier to reposition an item or set cups on bars and knives on tables, etc. without having it floating, pref in inspect mode so I can zoom in to check and not have my toon's head in the way. And then if need be I can nudge it up and down as needed. EQ2 had something like that, I think.
  • Options
    brute2112brute2112 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pay to Publish! Have a pay to publish section. This would eliminate allot of trash! Make people think more about the quality of the work they produce. Just a thought.
  • Options
    covencoven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    brute2112 wrote: »
    Pay to Publish! Have a pay to publish section. This would eliminate allot of trash! Make people think more about the quality of the work they produce. Just a thought.

Sorry I have to disagree, Im a vet of COH/COV and champions as well as Star Trek, have always loved the "create your own story/mission features." If Foundry is made PAY to publish it will completely die not to mention take some of the fun out of it.
  • Options
    covencoven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Movement in game is annoying, i'm not that skilled with my hands to rotate mouse, use wasd or arrow keys and hit attack buttons at same time. The options setup for NeverWinter, not surprisingly looks a lot like champions. Soooo could there possibly be made an option to set arrows for turn left, turn right rather then strafe and 2 extra keybinds to set a strafe function to. This is done in champions, another cryptic game and COH and makes movement easier as well as more pleasant for all types of gamers. Choice is good!:o
  • Options
    abaddonliveabaddonlive Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One thing that would come in handy is the ability to choose the surrounding effects of customized characters in the costume editor, like "red flames" or "smoky black fog" around a character. At this point, there is really very few characters with cool effects around them, and you are bound to actually choose the "skeleton-preset" if you want a flamy character.
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of mine are just quality of life/ time saver ideas:

I don't know if this has been said already, but there have been a number of times I wish there was shift-click functionality, so I could select multiple items on a map and make changes to all at same time. Would be a good time saver.

Also in lieu of the ruler items, creating on map a larger coordinate grid to allow for quicker precision in item placement.

Bosses

New behavior: NPC despawn to transform into encounter without having to drop 2 mobs

Ability to make NPCs sit normally

For some reason in player editor mode I can't switch back from rotational to directional editing of objects and need to ctrl tab before i do so, so using e to cycle back and forth would be great
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    avar8phierceavar8phierce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This may have been talk about already but I did not see it.

I would like to see creature blanks, what I mean by this is simple.

Since this is based on a know timeline and campaign, Forgotten Realms-ish you could use that as the basis.

So you could provide the Race and the user would then pick the archetype, specialization, sex, difficulty level and create the costume. This does not seem like it would be to hard since you have all the basic info already just let the user build its own Frankenstein so-to-speak.

We could then build our actor types and then combine them into our own difficulty groups. Cryptic would still have total control over the archetypes and what skills, HP, and loot drops they have.

Here is how I see it working,

User picks,

Race, Archetype, specialization, difficulty, Sex

Drow, Wizard, Enchanter, Hard, Female

That would create a blank that would have whatever HP and 3 or 4 skills Cryptic thinks a Drow Enchanter would have based on what they know from research into the Forgotten Realms. The user would then dress this blank using the current and wonderful costume feature you already have. After I create the actors I want I can then put them into Difficulty groups such as the groups you already have in the Foundry.

I am not asking you to create more races and classes so we can have every combo in the Forgotten Realms, but to give us better control over the actors that we already have.

As it is now I have a hard time finding the correct groups for the story I want to tell because it is a caster heavy story and you do not even have any “Solo” type caster actors to pick from.
  • Options
    wolfguardewolfguarde Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hold competitions every so often for foundry content ideas. Players are to post a single idea that hasn't already been implemented in the game, with as much detail as possible. The top idea or ideas are rewarded with a small ingame prize (maybe a bit of zen or some diamonds), and the new content is coded and added into the foundry for use.

+1 to the character blank suggestion above.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Don't forget fixing the music and letting us branch quests off into different paths so you can have different outcomes, and a reason to play a single quest more than once.

is there any way to allow us to add custom music to these things? *by custom music, i mean music i created, not upload music i have no publishing rights to.

also can there be more of a random featuring of foundries in-game? i've seen the same top quests for as long as i've been playing. not a long time, mind you but it would also resolve the issue where people aren't getting any or very little exposure.
    this could also be an option for us to choose individually what kind of things we want to see when we pull up the offerings tab.

i have yet to post my first but i am writing up a good story idea. coming soon to a dungeon near you.
  • Options
    caocigarscaocigars Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope that most of these requests actually happen. Coming from STO as a foundry author, it is likely that after the devs do what they already planned on, they will ignore this entire thread.
    This is not an open beta, this is a soft launch given with an apology.
  • Options
    gamdariangamdarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all,

I have been saving up a list of idea's and suggestions, so here I'll post my 2 cents.

--- NPC Animations: ---

Sweeping with a broom.
    Chopping up vegetables/meat (cook)
    Sitting (Chair or Couch)

--- Npc Skinns: ---

Cook
    Servant
    Able to put premade items on character slots (most of the premade armor/cloth cant be selected in the item slot list)
    Customizable facial hair and facial hair color.

--- Viewfading: ---

Forest
    Cavern
    Town
    Valley

--- Traps: ---

Customization in damage and effects (Instant damage and Dot's)

--- Details: ---

More potted plants/small tree's.
    A white skeleton hanging on a rack (Anatomy study)
    Alchemy set's
    a skull with a candle (Lit and unlit)
    Mage type things (Floating books, crystals, Enchanted sweeping broom)
    Summoning circle (placable on the ground)
    Animal hides/furs as rugs
    Two person hay bed
    A Kitchen furnace
    Wardrobe type closet

--- Enemies/encounters: ---

Spellslinger's (spell users in general, Frost mages. Fire mages etc etc)
    Stealther's (Rogues and Mages)

--- 3D View: ---

Fly mode.

--- Bugs: ---

When copy and pasting some items in 3d view the selection box dissapears.
    Ashmadai summoner is searchable as male, but has a female body.

--- Foundry: ---

Able to create your own Cluster/group items.
    Able to make sliding doors/objects.
    Able to make objects turn on interact (Like statue puzzles)
    Able to make boss encounters.
    Murkeep Monastery - Foundry quest in need of reviews - NW-DNQY9CXMZ - Just updated to V1.5

Leave your code in the review and I will return the favor!
  • Options
    seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see an easy mechanism for players to e-mail authors, maybe a pop-up if you drop a quest without finishing? This is so I can e-mail authors with why I didn't finish.

Also, incentive for players to do Foundry missions without them being approved. I do it because I see it as pitching in.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only the first play of a quest should count towards average duration in order to make this value better reflect player experience. See this thread for more information about why I consider this change important.
  • Options
    syynsyyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Love the list and agree with it all! I have a suggestion as well - the ability to copy/paste a dialog tree from an NPC to the Story flow chart and vise versa. I keep making the same mistake (my own dumb fault) where I make a dialog ON an NPC and then later realize it should be an objective dialog instead and so I have to recreate that dialog tree all over again (unless I'm missing it and there IS a way to copy it over?).
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Allow us to search in "Review" (or somesuch) in the Foundry Mission browsing window.
    - Allow to turn NPC hostile trough dialouge (or other trigger) instead of having to spawn a new and put costume on it.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    easybreasybr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if every click on the dialog could be automatically posted to a channel for the current quest, so even if one player clicks insanely to go to the action, the others party members would be able to read the decisions made to the quest and then at least copy and paste this to a 'Jokes of the Week' section in their Guilds website.

Talking seriously, nowadays I think this is the most confusing part of the quest system: to share the context of the decision to every party member. How many times we saw the party leader talking to the npc and then running like a mad to kill the enemies, and we have to decide between read the dialogs or run to help him.

I propose something like this:

Tisha Ridelish: What happened to you?
    Wounded Elf: I was attacked by thieves...
    (player selects one of the 5 options)
    Tisha Ridelish: Do you need some assistance?
    Wounded Elf: I'm ok... but my master was kidnapped... Can you help me finding him?
    (player select one of the 4 options)
    Tisha Ridelish: Oh, I'm not sure if I can handle this alone..

(and so on)

This would be shown to every party member that is reading the "Current Quest" channel or something.
  • Options
    juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    We really REALLY need the ability to transition to another map through the "Interaction" section of detail objects without having to put it in the storyline.

It would be nice to be able to allow people to go in and out of taverns, or other buildings at will, without having to link it to the story.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    Trade skill nodes available in toolset. To prevent exploits put it on a really small budget, like only one per every profession skill on the whole map.

Would be great for encouraging map exploration.
  • Options
    ozmomosylozmomosyl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More ghosts would be nice (particularly children's ghosts), or at least a way to make an NPC into a ghost
    --too awesome looking not to use them more often.
  • Options
    hex3dhex3d Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much everything on list I would say is needed at some point for the Foundry. The number one thing I would like to see is the ability to use the Foundry when the servers are down. Having the servers down for so long during the recent exploit roll back made me want the ability to create in the Foundry offline even more.
  • Options
    ozmomosylozmomosyl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syyn wrote: »
    Love the list and agree with it all! I have a suggestion as well - the ability to copy/paste a dialog tree from an NPC to the Story flow chart and vise versa. I keep making the same mistake (my own dumb fault) where I make a dialog ON an NPC and then later realize it should be an objective dialog instead and so I have to recreate that dialog tree all over again (unless I'm missing it and there IS a way to copy it over?).

Yes! I've done the same thing. Each thread has to be copied and pasted. A beginner's guide to the Foundry will fix this for us.
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Currently the review system is a mess, those who create new quests have to beg others to get a review.
    In game, the For Review window is so overloaded that it is a pain to use it.
    This really needs to be fixed, because it discourages those who are new to the foundry.

Besides, at the moment, anybody can review your quest, not even knowing how to use the foundry and what are it's limitations, and that is very annoying because there are many trolls around the server who have no idea about how to make a quest and their parameters to review a quest are way off.

By the way, kuddos for the one who made that huge list of fixes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    chraichrai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alsaroth wrote: »
    - Allow to turn NPC hostile trough dialouge (or other trigger) instead of having to spawn a new and put costume on it.

Oh dear god this. Also it would be nice to be able to use NPC models in place of monster models. Being able to mod the costumes on mobs is ok but sometimes I've seen a NPC model that would be perfect for a villain and the inability to use them is killing me.
  • Options
    keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's probably been requested already, but I want the "done" button/clicking escape in a dialog to be able to trigger a default response. My adventure just uses the honor system and hopes that players want to roleplay instead of just exiting out of all dialogs.
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.