test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] Suggestions What to Add/Change in the Foundry.

Comments

• Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    1) I would love to be able to playtest my foundry without first publishing it. Being able to kill enemies and open the chests to progress the story line and make sure everything is working right.

2) I would really really love to be able to do 3D editing of EVERYTHING. It is very tedious to place a trap then load in and see how its sitting then go back to the foundry move it and then load back in and see it, etc, etc, just let us move all objects/enemies/traps/npc's/ etc around within the 3d mode.

3) Traps say they have selectable damage type but they really don't. Their damage also doesn't scale with the encounter so a level 60 gets the same 50pts of damage as a level 10 which makes the traps completely useless.

4) Allow for more encounters in the budget. 50 is limiting my ability to populate my custom map. As of right now all i have is hard encounters and i would like to add a bunch of standard/medium ones as well as encounters that spawn after certain objectives are met. I would say 100 would be a nice amount. Perhaps limit the amount of any one kind of encounter so that people cant create foundry's with 100 ogres but still allow for creative large scale foundry quests.
  • Options
    nethemeanethemea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I opened this thread with some suggestions in mind, but most of them are posted in OP.

Foundry is great idea for mmo, but it is very limited editor (i am used to UnrealED). I know adding custom textures, models or sounds is out of question for mmo. But please make Foundry full 3d editor without need of constant swapping from 3rd person to 2d foundry and back. Now it limits us to make silly "ogre gauntlet" maps or spend hours after hours painfully moving each object. I wanted to make small town map, but amount of work needed is just too much compared to what i get out of it. Foundry is wasting too much time on mundane and silly things.

Also I have two suggestions that I am not sure it was proposed: height map for terrain models, this could be done by importing small greyscale height map or with in editor height painting tool. Maybe some texture (shader) mixing so we can add (and blend together) up to 4 different textures with terrain vertex painting. This requires 2 small textures that are size of terrain grid, and looking at maps it is not bigger than 256x256 atm.

Second is ability to work offline with local maps, or maybe even making map format open source (ie. letting us know its format and allowing community to develop open source tools for it).

Foundry has enormous potential for this game, just please do not leave it in its current gimmick stage.
  • Options
    rhaulinrhaulin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many points I agree with here.
    I'd really like to see the power of the original Aurora toolset for Neverwinter Nights. I still have my lexicon...
    Ultimately, I'm hoping that their goal is something like that.
    A work offline mode is an absolute must ASAP though.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of pages in here, so sorry in advance if I'm repeating something. I read through the OP and didn't see my feedback or wish list items for the Foundry...
    1. Please include a full 3D map editor in addition to the 2D map editor. Of course we can go into the Preview mode and try the map with the client, but this is not only a headache, but a time sink as well. It takes too long to load the client. But my real complaint is that if we're doing a lot of custom detail, the 2D editor doesn't show rotations or differences in height.
    2. Give us an option to stop stripping collision detection from altered objects in the game client (preview mode). If our character is standing on something, we'll just fall through if we go to edit it. I understand this is a nice feature for objects close to the ground, but if we're working with any amount of height, this can get pretty annoying.
    3. Can we get the Paste command in the preview mode to place the object slightly in front of our character instead of where we're standing. Where we stand is a little disorienting if we have a huge object obstructing our camera view.
    4. The pasted object while in preview mode doesn't have the same selection box as the other pre-placed objects. Could we get these to behave the same?
    5. Switch "Y" and "Z". A "Z" coordinate is supposed to be height, where X and Y plot along a 2D surface. X and Y are supposed to be on the same plane. I'm not sure why this was switched for Neverwinter, but it was one stumbling block when getting used to the Foundry. I'm certainly ok with it now, but this would be nice for those checking out the Foundry for the first time.
    6. Give us something more than a sphere (circle in 2D) for component checks. I understand that a sphere is what's built into the engine for guiding players, but a circle doesn't cut it for triggering other things that are not visible to the player. After all, we have ovals in the client.
    7. Ability to group and ungroup objects at will, and save those groups as templates for our own use. We already get assemblies, but we can't make them?
    8. PLEASE FIX THE MUSIC! ;) I know this one has already been asked, but it's annoying to have a music track that works for a while, then stops working later. We have no idea what music works when a player runs through our quests in its current state.

And thanks for creating this thread! Glad it was stickied. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    mestericmesteric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Other than the ones stated in the first post. I have a few suggestions.

Coming from the old NWN2 creator (I know its a different game all together) but it did so many things this editor does..but MUCH better.

[highly requested list]
    1. More decriptive icons for types of objects.
    It get extremely tedious in a room full of lights, walls, objects, furniture, etc to find anything to tweak it when every icon looks like a wooden crate. With 60+ decorator and such items in a room, and Im looking for that book I placed to put it on the table..I have to click around that are "no that's a light, nope.. that's a rug, nope that ones a effect..ah there is the book! repeat that for hours..its get old.

2. Higher res 2d spites for items.
    When trying to adjust the above said items, some of the sprites that represent them are painfully low res. Like I had a table with some books, torch above it on the wall, a chair, etc..and no matter the zoom level that area sort of just looked like a mash of fuzzy smears in the editor, making it impossible to get them even roughly right without having to wait while going into the 3d editor, move them..reload and wait..etc. A wall torch looks like its a slightly offcolor 'smear' of a some orange-ish, blob.

3. Cut and paste of objects places them where you are pointing.
    To go along with the "every icon looks like a wooden crate, trying to cntl-c cntl-v an object is a task of frustration. I copy what I want, point where I want it to go..and it randomly pastes it no where near where I was pointing. So I have to go find it among the other wooden crates/fuzzy blobs spites and move it where I originally wanted it.

4. Edit sound ranges
    Many of the placeable sounds I want to use the range is way off for the purpose I need it.

[lower requested list]
    5.Mob/npc/ect Hostility chart.
    One of the best things in the NWN2 editor for adding 'life' to a quest was being able to set groups to creatures and then 'hostility' each group had to each other. So you could have mobs that wandered around, and would fight each other because they was 50% hostile to each other, and then team up to attack you when they saw you because you was 100% hostile to each of their groups.

6. Able to run editor and game at same time or better more indepth 3d editor tools.
    Not sure if this is possible, but would be a HUGE timesaver. For those of us with the ram and CPU to do so, give an option to have the editor 'detact' from the main window. Dont know how many time I would want to move something small, and go look at it. To have to hit play, wait for the entire game engine to load, THEN load my mission, do its pre-load/engine load and go look, have to exit game, to go back to editor and repeat.
  • Options
    kharetkharet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - stairs
    - slanting corridor / rooms
    - hability to create rooms (wall, floor & co)
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kharet wrote: »
    - stairs

??? Do you mean no stairs or can't use stairs? I see stairs in Details and they work just fine for me. If you're talking about pre-fab rooms, then would your request would be for more pre-fabs with stairs?
    kharet wrote: »
    - hability to create rooms (wall, floor & co)

I assume you mean inability to create rooms? That's not really true since you have all of the parts in details to do it. But it's time consuming and annoying in the current state of the Foundry. What would be nice is if they gave us BOTH more pre-fab rooms and room assemblies/components, such as pre-grouped walls, ceilings, floors, etc.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lots of pages in here, so sorry in advance if I'm repeating something. I read through the OP and didn't see my feedback or wish list items for the Foundry...
    Just have to agree with everything you said :)
    Comming from Worldcraft/Hammer, UnrealEd, 3D Studio and Unity, the "3D" mode aka. Preview mode, is really weak for what it could be... and most of the work is just interface programming, not actual new features.
  • Options
    geopenguingeopenguin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I would like some randomness. Meaning, the ability to designate rooms with a percentage of having mobs spawn. I would also like to do more dynamic content. Change up which bosses / NPCs spawn where and what possible quest items they drop. Have portals that port to random rooms. Etc.

My next foundry mission is going to be totally built from scratch and would be nice to do some of this.
    Quest: KLUDO
    Author: @GEOPENGUIN
    Short Code: NW-DAX6SQH8U
  • Options
    kharetkharet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ??? Do you mean no stairs or can't use stairs? I see stairs in Details and they work just fine for me. If you're talking about pre-fab rooms, then would your request would be for more pre-fabs with stairs?

I assume you mean inability to create rooms? That's not really true since you have all of the parts in details to do it. But it's time consuming and annoying in the current state of the Foundry. What would be nice is if they gave us BOTH more pre-fab rooms and room assemblies/components, such as pre-grouped walls, ceilings, floors, etc.

Yes room parts for create or modify own rooms.
  • Options
    jul5jul5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here are my suggestions. I found similar things in the OP but nothing exactly the same, so here goes:

Add custom scripting.

This would, first-off, increase the power of the foundry 20-50fold by allowing the user to create nearly ANYTHING they can imagine. For example, I really want to create a Tower Defense, but it wouldn't work under the current limitations of the Foundry (for multiple reasons, can't set enemies to move to a location without attacks, can't play with damage settings for "towers" (much less place them), etc). I'd also, for example, like to make a raid boss with custom abilities.

Import custom textures

Not quite as important to me as the above thing, but it would be really nice to be able to say, create a model in some 3d editor, and import it and use it as a model for a character. Or for an ability. Or as a texture for the room.
  • Options
    vertigalevertigale Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to be able to "group" objects together, so that if you change the rotation or position of one item, it will automatically apply that change across the entire group. This would be good for something like a couple of partitions you've put together as a wall, for example.
  • Options
    coanunncoanunn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 368 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A dungeon tile set that doesn't look run down and ancient? Every room you see has at least one part of the ceiling that is a divot of broken tiles. It would be nice to create a dungeon that looks new or well kept.
    Do you crave a good old fashioned dungeon crawl? One where the dungeon tells it's own story? The Dungeon Delves campaign is just for you! Start with my first release: NW-DQF4T7QYH Any cave can lead to adventure!
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not let the users create the tile set? Everything could be vetted by Cryptic if Cryptic feels that they need to vet these things, either way, I am sure that within a month or two the net would provide an ample supply of tiles.
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Another thing I thought of... Add some of the ghostly walkways that we have seen as well as the rocky pathways that appear just before you get to the edge of the cliff.

The spiral staircases we see would be awesome

Ability to create holes in the ground for player to jump into to get into an underground area

The statues with the missing pieces that you have to find and then turn the statues to the correct alignment to unlock a door.

Pretty much anything that is available in-game should be available in foundry! (except the end bosses from the dungeons)
  • Options
    hardrokkahardrokka Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Another thing I thought of... Add some of the ghostly walkways that we have seen as well as the rocky pathways that appear just before you get to the edge of the cliff.
    There is a ghostly walkway in Foundry. Just search for fx - ghostly walkway or something along those lines.

The spiral staircases we see would be awesome
    You could make a spiral staircase by building it with small blocks.

Ability to create holes in the ground for player to jump into to get into an underground area

The statues with the missing pieces that you have to find and then turn the statues to the correct alignment to unlock a door.
    This is easy enough to do by setting appear/disappear when triggers. It will take a bit of fiddly work. But I must agree, that animated objects would be nice.

Pretty much anything that is available in-game should be available in foundry! (except the end bosses from the dungeons)[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'd be nice to see an option for changing the difficulty when in groups. Right now if we do a foundry mission meant for solo players in a group, it's to easy. If we do a group setting solo, too hard. It'd be nice to lay out the encounters for solo, and a separate set of encounters for multiplayer
  • Options
    rakah20rakah20 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see dialogue tags to reference things about the player like [gender] [race] [class] and maybe even employ some logic for more detailed stuff like

If player.height <40% OR Race=halfing then Dialogue="Sneaking past the guards shouldn't be difficult for someone of your stature"
    Else if player.height >60% OR Race=Orc then Dialogue="Someone as big as you may need to create a distraction to get past the guards"
    Else Dialogue="you could either try sneaking past the guards or create a distraction first"
  • Options
    spooduspoodu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I came here to request #26 and #27! Really want to see that :)

In addition I'd like to be able to have doors that can be opened on outdoor maps.
  • Options
    giovithgiovith Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Encounter mobs can have behavior settings. So we can make the enemies appear more life like.
    Example: You enter a hall way and see a group of wererats arguing, one yelling, one pointing & talking, one disagreeing.
  • Options
    sabo630sabo630 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    1. It would be very cool if objects could have multiple Appear when/Disappear when triggers.
    (This way a component could disappear when interacted and also when an objective has been completed for example.)

2. Npc/Encounters with the ability to give off trigger states to other components when they die, are low on life, or when they spawned.
    (like component complete - let me spawn an NPC at an encounter death per say - that is not Objective tied)

3. an Override component that when triggered can set new states for other objects, like set them to disappear when.
    (this could take place of the first suggestion)

4. a pure Trigger special object - that can chain events. This could take multiple options, like - component X complete and competent Z reached. that can set a triggered state like component complete.

5. An option for multiple dialog options to be AND or OR for triggering their events.
    (play sound when dialog reached, X talk OR Y talk. for example)

6. Add treasure boxes that can be placed - that in game will spawn loot based on what you killed and the last box you looted. So if I put down 50 chests and killed nothing - they could all be empty, or if there was a lot of fighting they could all have some loot. Loots is based off this variable so if I only put 1 chest down and had a ton of hard fights it could spawn really nice loot. The loot variable gets a + based on the toughness of the encounter you kill. Have an option for a chest to drop kit loot. Mix it up with some in game randomness so, sometimes the treasure could be good, and others it is just ok. (also another rating for the developing author could be added in so good developers get better loot drops on their maps and exploiters get nothing)

7. Give Story objectives options like Appear when and disappear when. This way there could be optional encounters that could add objectives to the story. (Kill Enemies - MyBoss - appear when: component X complete.)

8. Options for things like sounds and components to be just one time or to be triggered multiple times. The component flag would be automatically reset when you left the area, etc...
    (for example: component X reached, play sound Y - each time this happens)

9. more emote animations - like attacking and stuff. So if I want the user to break something I have an attack option. Idle encounter mobs dont really have a lot of options here either...

10. More visual FX that are just one time only. Like a puff of smoke, or more and bigger explosions.
    (Like the fire flare up or the death effect fire explosion.)

11. have an option for visual FX to use their loops or to just animate once?
    (this can solve #10, but it would be awesome to have more FX to work with, so I see this as another whole idea)

12. More sound FX!

13. More encounters, especially single mobs. Would be nice to have a couple different single guards who can go with the party on harder dungeons.

14. Customize encounters?
  • Options
    eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they implement loot containers like bags and chests they should have a system for them where you either only get a set amount of them you can place per quest or the loot quality is scaled based on the number placed. This would be good for authors who want to reward players for exploring non-essential side paths in dungeons.

Also, Giovith, encounter mobs can have behavior settings. I can't remember if all the members of an encounter have to share the same animation or not but I've used this feature in my quest "Tucker's Kobolds".

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • Options
    duodecimusduodecimus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Force the devteam to create a couple modules using the 2002 Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset.

I recently tried to recreate the 4e example campaign 'Kobold Hall', from the Dm's handbook in the foundry.
    Along the way I hit a huge number of stopping points, and I have since abandoned the idea.
    Things I need:
    1: Traps that do things other than damage. The first and third encounters of Kobold Hall have a pit filled with sticky goo that would slow any player that fell into it. I could not find a way to replicate this in the foundry. plus, I never had a good idea of what each trap even did. (range, damage, type, etc)
    2: Scripted monster actions. the kobolds of the hall played smart. In the first encounter they attacked from a side passage after the party moves forward. In the second encounter, there are numerous arrow traps weighted such that the kobolds would not trigger them, allowing them to charge forward, then slowly draw the party into a trapped area.
    3: Editable rooms. Really now, I fully expected to have a Sims style building interface, at worst. This is pathetic.
    4: More varied triggers. Perhaps a group of monsters wishes to surrender after you easily decimate their frontliners.
    5: More varied, editable monster abilities. My kolbolds happen to buy a lot of tanglefoot bags, why can't I give them a rooting ability?

As a DM in meatspace, this is just useless. I may as well write a book as create a quest in this.
  • Options
    furyblakhartfuryblakhart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add in a RESIZE function when in map mode and 3D mode.

I would have thought being able to resize objects would be a no brainer.
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How 'bout some explanation of the publishing process and how to actually find your quest once published? After reading as many of the posts as I could find.. I still have no answer. I have spent at least half an hour scrolling through the long, long list in the catalog but I still can't find it. I've tried searching by title, #title, author, @author, id, and manually scrolling through the list (using the mouse wheel really sucks).. still not there. What's up?
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Either the ability to fly in 3D mode, or to enter 3D mode from a top-down (non-player) perspective.
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*
  • Options
    thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sabo630 wrote: »
    1. It would be very cool if objects could have multiple Appear when/Disappear when triggers.
    (This way a component could disappear when interacted and also when an objective has been completed for example.)
    Agree, also to make the "disappear when" not be permanent, i.e. have a wall invisible when standing close, but visible when from far, you can do this now by having it disappear when "component reached" on a marker in front, and then having another wall in the same place "appear when" a marker is reached on the other side, but this only works once.
    2. Npc/Encounters with the ability to give off trigger states to other components when they die, are low on life, or when they spawned.
    (like component complete - let me spawn an NPC at an encounter death per say - that is not Objective tied)
    "when they die", this is in it already, use "Component complete" tied to the encounter (not objective complete, makes it unreliable of objectives)
    3. an Override component that when triggered can set new states for other objects, like set them to disappear when.
    (this could take place of the first suggestion)
    If this would allow me to change an NPC behaviour (like from follow to patrol) that would be great (this can be faked using 2 NPCs and Appear/Disappear settings, but its ugly and you cant always know where they were standing if they were on patrol or following)
    4. a pure Trigger special object - that can chain events. This could take multiple options, like - component X complete and competent Z reached. that can set a triggered state like component complete.
    I like this, as of now you can chain events only if they are of the same type (3 makers reached OR 2 objects clicked).
    5. An option for multiple dialog options to be AND or OR for triggering their events.
    (play sound when dialog reached, X talk OR Y talk. for example)
    I really want an OR option for trigger events... right now I have a bridge that appears when the player reaches the edge of the cliff.. but it only works from one direction. I found a solution using 2 bridges (one for each direction) using "appear when", one of them also has a disappear when on the opposite marker. this makes sure that it can spawn from both directions, and there will only ever be one bridge object... but its an ugly workaround
    6. Add treasure boxes that can be placed - that in game will spawn loot based on what you killed and the last box you looted. So if I put down 50 chests and killed nothing - they could all be empty, or if there was a lot of fighting they could all have some loot. Loots is based off this variable so if I only put 1 chest down and had a ton of hard fights it could spawn really nice loot. The loot variable gets a + based on the toughness of the encounter you kill. Have an option for a chest to drop kit loot. Mix it up with some in game randomness so, sometimes the treasure could be good, and others it is just ok. (also another rating for the developing author could be added in so good developers get better loot drops on their maps and exploiters get nothing)
    There have been lots of suggestions about this, and they will come eventually. But I still couldnt agree more, right now exploring is pointless unless the map is made by a very creative DM (I have shortcuts that can be found and/or unlocked using quest items from hidden chests)
    7. Give Story objectives options like Appear when and disappear when. This way there could be optional encounters that could add objectives to the story. (Kill Enemies - MyBoss - appear when: component X complete.)
    Agree, also allow us to complete objectives by force, say I want the player to cross a bridge. The objective tracker will point to the opposite side of the bridge. However, the bridge is out, so when the player reaches a mark at its base, the objective is automaticly completed, and the next step is "fix the bridge". Right now this can only be achieved by placing the "cross the bridge" marker at the base, but I dont want that, I want the player to think he can cross until he sees the bridge.
    Also good for ambushes "Go to the castle" -> "Defend against the ambush" -> "Continue to the castle"
    8. Options for things like sounds and components to be just one time or to be triggered multiple times. The component flag would be automatically reset when you left the area, etc...
    (for example: component X reached, play sound Y - each time this happens)
    Agreed, should be a dropdown (Play Once, Looping, Each time)
    9. more emote animations - like attacking and stuff. So if I want the user to break something I have an attack option. Idle encounter mobs dont really have a lot of options here either...
    Agree, encountered this problem today, I wanted the player to attack or punch something. There is a Kick and a Headbutt (I ended up using this, as it looks hillarious :P)
    On this note too I would like an Encounter that contains a single inanimate object that has to be destroyed (using normal combat) and that we can change the appearance of (selecting a 'Detail' not a Costume)
    (like the crystals in the Neverdeath skirmish)
    10. More visual FX that are just one time only. Like a puff of smoke, or more and bigger explosions.
    (Like the fire flare up or the death effect fire explosion.)
    Agreed, more. Also I wish there was more indication in the descriptions of FX and some sounds, its not clear what is looping and what is one time.
    11. have an option for visual FX to use their loops or to just animate once?
    (this can solve #10, but it would be awesome to have more FX to work with, so I see this as another whole idea)
    a checkbox (Looping) would be great (default on for FX that are looping from before)
    12. More sound FX!

13. More encounters, especially single mobs. Would be nice to have a couple different single guards who can go with the party on harder dungeons.
    These belongs in the "more everything" category, along with FX animals and monsters :P
    14. Customize encounters?
    Suggested before, and also much needed :)

I would also like to add (even though ive said it before :P)
    Force dialogs to start! A "Start Dialog when" option, default value would be "This Component Interacted", but we could also choose to start it when another component is complete or reached, or when an objective is complete. This would work for making multiple NPC dialogs, or for having ambushes or people sneak up on players.

Think of it like this, why cant the NPC talk to the player? why is it the player who has to initiate a conversation?

This DOES work in the engine, as it is used in Protectors Enclave (try approaching Lord Neverember, the guard will interupt you)
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amusingly, people primarily used to UGC from STO or CoH are likely to be blown away by NW's Foundry.

A lot of you people used to NWN and other non-MMOs feel it lacking.

Heh.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    duodecimusduodecimus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first NWN was converted into an MMO, actually. They were never official, so far as I know, but the software had the ability to hold 96-players in a single game.
  • Options
    varnavarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently working on a very effect heavy map, and I would be so happy to have some kind of effect sequencer tool that would let me queue up a set of FX objects to turn on and off in series on a specific schedule (i.e. fire Lightning FX for 3 seconds, then fire Demonic Summoning FX for 3 seconds, then fire Magical Fire FX)

There are lots of ways creative authors could combine the existing FX details to create new and novel results (and also increase the return on usability per asset made by Cryptic), but currently it's very difficult to do so because of the lack of ways to turn off FX without player interaction, and the total lack of control over the timing involved.