What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's official 48 hour rollback, what else could they do? See facebook page... servers are coming back up as we speak.
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xdprophet wrote: »
    You want some of this too?!?!

Some of what exactly?
  • Options
    supersaiyansonsupersaiyanson Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic is doing an outstanding job keeping us updated. 15 twitter updates on the official twitter alone in one evening! Thats bloody amazing. Nothing else you can expect of them.

I too think they have done a excellent job keeping us update.

Update #1 - We are still investigating the issue and will update you soon.

Update #2 - We need more time and will update you soon.

Update #3 - We have all the information we need and waiting for the big boss to make a decision, we will update you soon.

Update #4 - We are still waiting for the big boss to tell us what to do, we will update you soon.

However many updates later where they tell us they will update us with more updates.........

Last update - We have now told the exploiters to please not do it anymore patched the known issues because too much people have cried about it and you may log into the game. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riotpls2 wrote: »
    Opening the game as "open beta" and stating that there would be no wipes was the worst idea ever. It's pretty common for these kind of exploits to show up when a lot of people are suddenly allowed to play around with a game that was previously locked down to a few 100 players.

In the last 2 weeks everyone leveled to 60 in a day, got tons of gear for free by exploiting dungeons (1 shooting bosses, pulling bosses out of their spot so no adds spawn, etc) and now this.

I'm sure for many people this is the final nail in the coffin. I feel sorry for the people who tried to play this game legit and are now royally screwed because the market is an absolute disaster.

Hyperbole doesn't help your argument.
  • Options
    yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we better get the cots and the sleeping bags out for the dev teams cause it is going to be a long *** night might want to call in the teams of lawyers and accountants too LOL
  • Options
    lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, Cheaters Suck!!
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • Options
    porkchop81porkchop81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I bought ZEN and exchanging it for AD has really gone to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so yes I feel cheated.........I would love to get all my ZEN back.....not asking for cash just the ZEN.
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    months is far too long for me. hopefully I get an invite into elder scrolls beta, otherwise I already marvel closed and launch is soon, and rift goes ftp in june and I'll hopefully get some bonuses for my old account and sub from last year. I'd also rather sit and play with myself than deal with the bitterness I'll have everytime I see the outrageous diamond prices of every little thing int he game come up, and have a bunch that i do nothing with since the exchange rates will likely be **** for months and I WILL NOT take aloss on zen bause of it ont he exchange rates, since I bought the zen that made those diamonds with USD and planned to save them for the expected settling of better conversion rates if this **** had all never happened in the f irst place. and I thought I was the smart one. fromt his point on, any and every exploit I getw ind of I am taking full advantage of on other accounts through proxy, I'm something for the choice between a loss in overall zen I paid actually money for to dikweeds who paid nothing at all or waiting months until i dont have to take laoss on it, HOPEFULLY, which is not acceptable to me I will not wait months and it owuld be too late for chargeback then as well . god I am pissed.

See that bolded part? That's the part that you should remember when your main account is banned (since they ban by email address & not IP, a proxy won't matter).
    Also, good job making yourself look reactionary, self-entitled & childish.

You know how long it took the economy to recover when the same thing happened in STO? 2 weeks.
    Take a deep breath, and chill out. Everything will be fine.

@Everyone whinging & saying "I'll quit if they don't do a complete wipe":
    So you're unwilling to accept any other solutions, even if they work? You're unwilling to accept that there might even be a wipe at the end of open beta, which is designed to work these sorts of problems out? You honestly believe that a complete wipe is the ONLY way, period, and that any other solution - even if it works just as well - is unacceptable?
    If so, then maybe open betas aren't your thing (nor are MMOs, since many have had similar issues post-beta).

Personally, I'm going to do the mature thing & wait to see how this plays out instead of ragequitting.
  • Options
    vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    Selective rollback ? just a lot of time... complete rollback is necessary

I vote complete wipe, refund all zen and AD and start new. F%$k It.
  • Options
    balanorzbalanorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [/QUOTE]um its not just the ah...... since launch its been one exploit after another, u now have after less then a month from ob launch people with 1 of each class capped on level gear companions everything that should have taken months to achieve. banning the offenders does nothing because they cant even get a small portion of it back.
    70% of the people on poles want a wipe. and if you gained all your stuff correctly ( no cheating) how inconvenient would that be? game only launched recently not much invested. they would reset zen founders yada yada yada
    so the only ones truly inconvenienced would be the exploiters who wouldnt know how to get back thier levels gear the right way. granted if you spent months getting cap level gear etc.. i could understand not wanting wipe but days? wipe it lets move on[/QUOTE]

you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it takes like 3 days to hit max level and if you run one toon in a 5 man you can get all the gear for your alt so this is just dumb
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have said that their priorities are to protect the economy and to ensure paying customers do not lose any money.
  • Options
    saintcharlezsaintcharlez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will lose many players if they do any kind of wipe, they are able to pin point and fix the problems certain players have created. A currency wipe would be stupid, a lot of people farmed a long time for their currencies, why spend more time lvlings/ farming? Some of us have jobs kids ><
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    And it's the PAYING customers they really REALLY don't want to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-off. Sure, the people that downloaded and play it without any of the microtransactions are nice to have around to keep the servers populated, but that ones that fork over the cash, they are the "real" playerbase they are trying to figure out how to NOT lose.

This is true. Its the paying customers who do not want a wipe or rollback. If you play this game for free your opinion really does not count as you don't pay them anything. So vote for a wipe all you want, maybe if you start paying your opinion may matter.
  • Options
    epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic is doing an outstanding job keeping us updated. 15 twitter updates on the official twitter alone in one evening! Thats bloody amazing. Nothing else you can expect of them.

Now as for a full server wipe, that would affect too many people. The fact they are taking the time to root out those who cheated, and affect THEM, thats outstanding. It means honest folk which is the large majority of the player base, will be far less affected.

I am looking forward to the next update. The NWO Team is working very very hard on this. Don't blame the game designers and engineers, blame the cheaters and exploiters who are not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

so your saying there is no fault at all in whats happening??? how about this then??? http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg
    I mean come on dont blow sun shine up our butts cause that is stupid. WIPE THE SERVERS. community wants it. only way to be sure. Grow some man ballz and do what needs to be done
  • Options
    ladywillow15ladywillow15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    It's official 48 hour rollback, what else could they do? See facebook page... servers are coming back up as we speak.

It is people like you who post false information that cause most of the problems on game forums. For shame.
  • Options
    lashing1lashing1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn right don't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> us off =P
  • Options
    pancaykepancayke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riotpls2 wrote: »
    Opening the game as "open beta" and stating that there would be no wipes was the worst idea ever. It's pretty common for these kind of exploits to show up when a lot of people are suddenly allowed to play around with a game that was previously locked down to a few 100 players.

In the last 2 weeks everyone leveled to 60 in a day, got tons of gear for free by exploiting dungeons (1 shooting bosses, pulling bosses out of their spot so no adds spawn, etc) and now this.

I'm sure for many people this is the final nail in the coffin. I feel sorry for the people who tried to play this game legit and are now royally screwed because the market is an absolute disaster.

This is what I have been saying as well. They let so many other glitches go on for days with 0 punishment and now they decide to act on one? The economy is screwed either way. The fact they are perm banning people now and not the others just show how bad their PR really is. They should have just done a roll back or full server wipe and been done with it. The only reason they didn't was because they don't want to have to refuld $ for zen.
  • Options
    falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    And it's the PAYING customers they really REALLY don't want to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-off. Sure, the people that downloaded and play it without any of the microtransactions are nice to have around to keep the servers populated, but that ones that fork over the cash, they are the "real" playerbase they are trying to figure out how to NOT lose.

This is true. Its the paying customers who do not want a wipe or rollback. If you play this game for free your opinion really does not count as you don't pay them anything. So vote for a wipe all you want, maybe if you start paying your opinion may matter.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Occupy faerun!!

Does this mean we get to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the devs cars and urinate in public?

Personally, i'd rather thank the devs for coming in on Sunday to fix this when they could have just taken the servers down and worked on it tomorrow.
  • Options
    lzcasterlzcaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While following this thread i remember the scene from The Guild :)

Developer's response to Felicia's whining
  • Options
    rogu3a3rorogu3a3ro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sabbath80 wrote: »
    If they dont roll back there will be no one here to play your foundry mission. Not like anyone does them anyway. The AD reward is subpar

i'll still be here and i know of quite a few people that do foundry missions because its about FUN.. HAVING FUN and alot of the foundry missions are fun to play. the only thing im worried about in this scenario is whats going to happen to my guardian fighter that was in a boss fight at the end of a dungeon... and i will continue to play this game because its actually fun and has a sense of what a DnD mmo should be. i could care less about AD made from doing foundry quests or daily's... beause i actually know how to play the auction house game, i do it in any game that has an auction house or market of sorts ... i was making legit AD on the AH. and i tip authors of foundry quests every time.. the only regret i have about it is that i cant give them more than 500AD.... theres a few quests that i enjoyed well enough that i would have tipped atleast 50k AD because of some hillarious surprise plot twist or the depth of the creativity, or the actual difficulty of the quest causing me to be 100% foccused on trying to complete it like a man without healing. cause real men dont need heals. the only thing that really gets me down about foundry quests is the very low exp cap on killing mobs...i understand why it was done but i think it was a little drastic... anyhow... thats all im going to rant about for now...
  • Options
    jgb8jgb8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how they think they can fix this exploit without completing a shard wipe. Also thinking that this will resolve the terribly broken economy. What makes them think they can do that, when Blizzard (a company with vastly more resources than Perfect World and Cryptic combined) couldn't and haven't been able to fix Diablo 3 after their AH exploits?
  • Options
    rhiandrielrhiandriel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awdeoh wrote: »
    DeathsArmada489a69ce50ef1.jpg

Do not find that amusing. I have a special needs son and have had to hear kids living around our area, call my son retarted. He's anything but retarted but a very special and bright boy. Just because someone has special needs you shouldn't descriminate them as "retarted". It annoys me that small brained people like you are prejudist. I find this offensive please Admin remove this from the forums....
  • Options
    mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    rhaana wrote: »
    @JSFarr_VA We're finalizing the plan, but I don't feel comfortable posting anything until we're sure. Sorry for the delay on this.

AHH! finally a little progress that we can see!

Yes lots of progress! We think we know what we are going to be doing but we are not sure.
  • Options
    natatashiinatatashii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps you should all calm down, take this time to pick up a dictionary and research the meaning for the word "Beta". The whole point of this is for them to have the ability to work out the bugs. When you also take into consideration that the game is "FREE", I think it be best for everyone to relax and let them improve their product, or keep whining and go find another game to play.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »

Could you point out the exact post on the Facebook page cause I have it and the twitter page open now and see nothing on a 48 hour rollback, or that the servers are coming back up.
  • Options
    khesi1khesi1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe server and refund legit zen would be the best choice, but only if exploit will be patched and it never happend again. Normal economy is needed because as normal players we want be able to buy stuff in normal prices. This game could be best mmo and foundary could deliver new content all the time. Everything what's need is good ideas and heavy banhammer :)
  • Options
    ondesvinondesvin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    4Noone cares about your silly vote. I have a job and do not want to waste time doing levels I have already done. Farming equipment I already have. Bidding on things at all hours of the night to get the items I need. Who cares about your stupid vote? They said there are not going to be any wipes.. deal with it or go play another game, those are your only 2 choices.

yea keep playing on a corrupt server GG and HF, i dont give a **** if you have to work i got work to, and i spend real money on this game for i want to support a good game, but this exploit just killed the economy on all there servers big time, in fact so much that you can compare it with the big crash in the real life back in 1927, that how ****ing bad this is, and everyone are affected by this exploit, the fact that you dont get it, is lol!
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for keeping us in the loop so closely. Many of us realize that such debugging tasks take time and communication is key.
    I wish all game development companies were taking communication as well as you do.
    Hats off and good luck
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm starting to think that the only option is an economy wipe. Not characters - just the economy.

Here's how I'm imagining this would work:

1) Wipe all AD from all accounts. (Founders starting AD would be reset).

2) Wipe all Zen from all accounts.

3) Refund back to PWE accounts all Zen bought with real money and transferred in Neverwinter. (eg, if you'd bought and transferred 15000 Zen into Neverwinter, you'd get 15000 Zen credited back to your PWE account. If you'd bought another 100000 Zen in game from the AD exchange, that is gone.)

4) Delete from all characters all items that are only purchasable with AD or Zen, including items that only drop from lockboxes like the Phoera.

5) Here's the hard part: The items sold on AH. I think they need to rollback all AH sales from the last 72 hours. Trouble is, I have no idea if they can actually do this short of a server-wide rollback. If they do do this rollback, Then I believe it would be wise for them to offer some form of compensation to reduce ragequits. I'd personally prefer this to not be anything that would impact the economy or game balance.

If they do all this, then it seems to me that the damage to the ongoing economy would be mostly undone, without the need to wipe characters.

Then again, I have no knowledge of whether all of this is actually possible with the way the game is designed.
    Waiting for paladins...