What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    fluffyhairballfluffyhairball Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I would like to know is that if a character roll back is done on those who abused the bug, how is it going to affect those who sold zen based items on the auction house or on the astral diamond buying/selling legitimately.. Will we be suspected as "cheater" even though it was a legitimate action we did? Furthermore, if we aren't suspected due to logs, will we have our astral diamond amount rolled back because of said exploits affecting our Auction House sell or zen/astral trade to an exploiter? If yes, will we be getting our legitimate item (or zen) back that was sold to the exploiter? If no, will we keep what was obtained through the auction house, and the action only be penalizing the exploiter that gained Astral Diamond by exploitation/illegal means? (According to your policies)
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I've worked out my plan of action for when the servers come back online;

1) Be happy that the dev team worked on Sunday.

2) Be thankful that I have a great game to play for free.

3) BLOCK ZONE CHAT because it'll be full of idiots and morons complaining about everything.

4) Get back to my quests.
  • Options
    kelarckelarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    What I suspect will happen is they will looking into data mining all the exploited transactions & laundering, if they can't do that they'll just do a short rollback instead.
    I fear that you are right. Unfortunally that solution wont cut it.

a) this wasnt the only exploit (think about the one hit kills of T2 bosses or the Foundrymethod to level to 60 and farm items in basically no time due to trapped mobs) and maybe several others. I wonder how many of those lv60s that complain about a possible wipe used one or more of these...
    b) the exploit was going on for much longer then just the last 2 days.
    c) the uys that made billions already send the money around on mules or reinvested it. and with these reinvestments the problem begins. They even bought stuff overpriced from others and thereby directly affected people that didnt exploit.

Lets face it: the game had severe problems with exploits from day 1 on and needs a full wipe to make if fair for everyone and dont ruin the economy and basically **** over the founders whose investment gets massively reduced due to the heavy AD inflation.
  • Options
    midknight3376midknight3376 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok this went past being bull**** hours ago you have multiple people who should be on call or at work to deal with a situation like this. If the servers aren't up in the next couple of hours I'm taking my money and spending it on another game I also enjoy playing that game is Star Wars The Old Republic. After this situation I will be hard pressed to even consider returning and while I may be the most vocal I am sure that I am not the only player who pays money on this game who feels this way and will probably do the same thing.
  • Options
    lexdevlexdev Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Except for, that they (PWE) have always taken a pretty hard stance on the fact that there will be no wipe.

So - I can understand the beef, if you (the gamer) have already laid money out to show support.

However, if they re-rolled with full zen in the bank, it would suck - but there are worse things in the world...
  • Options
    papertrippapertrip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    finished #1 on 2

Caught up on the thread and cracked #3, but #4 and forward are still at the store :-/
  • Options
    ybtjuknuolpoybtjuknuolpo Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loud noises
  • Options
    kelarckelarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clortbags wrote: »
    What I suspect will happen is they will looking into data mining all the exploited transactions & laundering, if they can't do that they'll just do a short rollback instead.
    I fear that you are right. Unfortunally that solution wont cut it.

a) this wasnt the only exploit (think about the one hit kills of T2 bosses or the Foundrymethod to level to 60 and farm items in basically no time due to trapped mobs) and maybe several others. I wonder how many of those lv60s that complain about a possible wipe used one or more of these...
    b) the exploit was going on for much longer then just the last 2 days.
    c) the uys that made billions already send the money around on mules or reinvested it. and with these reinvestments the problem begins. They even bought stuff overpriced from others and thereby directly affected people that didnt exploit.

Lets face it: the game had severe problems with exploits from day 1 on and needs a full wipe to make if fair for everyone and dont ruin the economy and basically **** over the founders whose investment gets massively reduced due to the heavy AD inflation.
  • Options
    xerokewlxerokewl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they said that wipes were off table but frankly I feel all the people about to demand there money are justly angry and that a full wipe is the only fair solution I just hope that whatever they do they don't lose all of the players who supported this game to keep their CUSTOMERS treated fairly... I hope what ever they do it is good because I see lots of good people leaving after this fiasco
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of how screwed up the economy is I was having a great time playing this game. For overall player retention they just need to fix the exploit and get us back in game asap. Perhaps for a period of time they could suspend AD transactions over a certain amount. Nothing is foolproof but the key is to get players back in game. Fixing the economy and smacking down the ban sticks can occur parallel to this.

I think the real issue is that the exploit while long standing went viral in the last couple of days. A rollback should help with that. Nothing is going to be a perfect fix in the whole populations mind including a wipe. Another real solution for hyperinflated currency would be to introduce a new currency.
  • Options
    lamentleviathanlamentleviathan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lexdev wrote: »
    except for, that they (pwe) have always taken a pretty hard stance on the fact that there will be no wipe.

So - i can understand the beef, if you (the gamer) have already laid money out to show support.

However, if they re-rolled with full zen in the bank, it would suck - but there are worse things in the world...

like mindflayers.
  • Options
    epokepok Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Im sonfused that on twitter he clarified and said resetting isnt off just not from the beginning of time. Please make me understand that this bug wasnt available on day 1?? Because this wonderful post I saw shows that you guys had this problem in star trek. Previous knowledge of this exploit and you opened up the cash shop during your "open beta". Im not sure where you guys strayed from the real definition of open beta to sell games and all, but it is to fix these bugs and exploits you so casually have and dont deal with. If you think you can just so easy fix the economy, why dont you ask DCUO what happened after an exploit like this happened to them.. Even today the economy is so messed up its not funny. There is a reason games dont make it after a crisis like this thats simple: they go for the cost effective way and not the right way. wipe it, perma ban all the exploiters, compensate the founders who lost the head start if you wipe, and compensate everyone with some free xp and some double AD time. Stuff like this is unavoidable and cant be helped, but you need to make the best of it and work to show us that you care about us and the game. Not just the money you make.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100 gnolls wielding polearms have just entered the forum

I think most of us are safe. Since you didn't say they had fire or acid.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    slomike0138slomike0138 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe all. Start it over and take care of the problem. Start us all from square 1.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We're finalizing the plan, but I don't feel comfortable posting anything until we're sure. Sorry for the delay on this."

Should have some details soon :)
  • Options
    mistatosmistatos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they aren't wiping, but I was terrible at leveling a GWF. Have pity on me please :D
  • Options
    lamentleviathanlamentleviathan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lexdev wrote: »
    except for, that they (pwe) have always taken a pretty hard stance on the fact that there will be no wipe.

So - i can understand the beef, if you (the gamer) have already laid money out to show support.

like mindflayers.
  • Options
    dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kurokazept wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and ask a wtf thing but...

Has anyone thought if there's something, as we, the community of players can do to reestabilish a fair economy?

Afterall we do kinda run the Auction House...

So yeah... Instead of just going "NUKE IT!" ever thought about... I dunno "Terraforming"?...

We tried terraforming. The company set us down on the wrong planet. The alien exploiters came out at night, mostly. Take off, nuke the site from orbit. Its the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    bloodykeeperbloodykeeper Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We're finalizing the plan, but I don't feel comfortable posting anything until we're sure. Sorry for the delay on this."

Should have some details soon :)
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    papertrip wrote: »
    Caught up on the thread and cracked #3, but #4 and forward are still at the store :-/

Better get to the store to get more before the democrats lower the legal limit to .05.
  • Options
    xdprophetxdprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a network engineer of 20 years, I can tell you this. NAT does indeed modify the IP address in the IPV4 header.

Wow? Network Engineer? So you know how to plug in cables? I wrote the software that modified the bytes of the headers. Amazing that you said 20 years. Funny how liars always round their experience to round decades. Amazing. They receive letters because the user authenticates with the firewall/router and they log their activity. Although I am unsure what this has to do with banning by IP. Actually it has nothing to do with it.

You said earlier that NAT had nothing to do with rewriting headers. Now you change your mind. You keep changing your story every post. Wow, Amazing, Wow, Amazing. You are my hero. No wonder you kept that good paying job at McDonalds.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys.
    It's open beta.
    http://i.qkme.me/3rbi1b.jpg
  • Options
    siphuchiensiphuchien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe it, release Drow race for everyone, and release Ranger class. Start from square one with new classes and race to try out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys.
    It's open beta.
    http://i.qkme.me/3rbi1b.jpg
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Here is how I think it will play out:
    IF there is a rollback, it will be for one reason: said explot got out and there was an explosive amount of currency made. Soo much that they cannot wipe all the 'bad' currency without causing other problems, but a roll back works,

Otherwise they will find the id's for the bad money and wipe every copper/shard/zen from existence. Anyone who got handed bad money would be out, even if they didn't know they were being given bad money.

I dunno how intense their transaction id's and records are, but most MMO's can solve this kind of problem without wiping the servers.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Well, it was a fun core game. But just watching some of the streams and listening, you realize this has happened several times before already. Very few people that exploited things like the guardian bug or pirate runs ever had anything done to them. Small percentage of the whole was caught and punished and they posted saying it was taken care of.

I imagine the few hundred that get away with selling off whatever AD and items they successfully launder will be rich and the AD/gold selling sites will have low prices for a few months that are better then the Zen exchange in real life cash value. First & last time I play a PW mmo, absolutely horrendous.
  • Options
    djfloppydjfloppy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE...this discussion reminds me of a certain south park episode.......
  • Options
    metalgeard20metalgeard20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unless you find a way to remove the epics and AD off the mule accounts the economy is still going to be fubard.
    Another economic meltdown under the Obama administration. When will this corruption end.
  • Options
    awdeohawdeoh Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    offended1.jpg