test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If they wipe, i wont come back

kassiduskassidus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Pretty simple, ive gotten 2 characters to 40 so far, game has been reasonably fun, even if its pretty much just like all there other games, kinda cheap and half assed, but i enjoyed it enough to bouy $20 worth of zen, try my hand at a couple keys.

AAAAAANyways, If they do wipe, they better refund the zen, then i will go to my CC company and make them reverse the charge, because Ive had enough bad experience with cryptic in the past, this was there last chance, so you wipe im gone, and I wont ever touch another cryptic game.

Id be fine if they just deleted all the AD, im fine with that(worst case scenario) but you wipe my characters.....its over.
Post edited by kassidus on

Comments

• Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Half my guild are saying if they don't wipe they will quit.

Total wipe (of a Beta) is the only logical choice to fix a broken economy, a simple rollback will not work since billions of AD's have been laundered to other accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Can I have ....never mind they won't wipe. Too many would leave.

The best thing they can do isn't a wipe though I presonally would welcome such - it would alienate too many players that never exploited and don't deserve the pain. It would be a new stand-alone server (no merger) with a fresh economy solely for those that want that - purely voluntary.
  • Options
    malibearmalibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also not exactly happy about the idea of a wipe. I don't like how the first Draco kills were via CW exploits ect, but I also don't think EVERY1 should lose all progress. If they did do a wipe I would hope they would be willing to refund founders packs, zen, and some extra for compensation..Hopefully they fix this AH AD thing and we can continue to enjoy the game :-\
  • Options
    moonhammermoonhammer Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all I am saying is if they wipe I will quit not because of money or anything else it is just the fact I don't want to relevel my char back to 60. That's me I really couldn't care less about the economy.
  • Options
    kassiduskassidus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DOesnt matter they just said on twitter they wont wipe.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets just keep on Wiping the game once a week...

So everyone wanted a Wipe after the Guardian exploit issue(as well as other recent exploits including the Foundry). Lets just say they did Wipe(which they didn't) and now a new issue came up and everyone wants a Wipe because of it. So every time the game has a hiccup we are just gonna wipe? =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    double post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe and I quit also. I have too much time and money invested for it all to be wiped.
  • Options
    vladdkayvladdkay Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like everyone to know that this is a beta, meaning, re-rolls AND wipes are EXPECTED. If they do proceed with a wipe, everyone who has bought zen will get their full amount of zen back, everyone else will begin at zero just like day 1. I would like everyone to actually think about what it means to be part of a beta community, and think about how we are privileged to play and give feedback about a game that hasn't been released.
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    "So everyone wanted a Wipe after the Guardian exploit issue(as well as other recent exploits including the Foundry). Lets just say they did Wipe(which they didn't) and now a new issue came up and everyone wants a Wipe because of it. So every time the game has a hiccup we are just gonna wipe? =/ "

No - as you say that would be ridiculous. After the BETA - and that is what this still is, officially - there would be a wipe. As in every other game whose beta I have ever been in - we aren't exactly discussing something unusual. NOT wiping is ...odd.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No need to wipe. Let everyone keep their characters at the same level they are now but everyone starts only with appropriate blue level equipment, but no other items. Any ZEN purchased, and stuff from founders packs remain.

Will sort out the game while causing the minimum (even though this is still quite a bit) of collateral damage.
  • Options
    masterfalinmasterfalin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and you won't be missed. seriously 90% of the people posting this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> will still be here after a wipe, this is just for attention.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vladdkay wrote: »
    I would like everyone to know that this is a beta, meaning, re-rolls AND wipes are EXPECTED. If they do proceed with a wipe, everyone who has bought zen will get their full amount of zen back, everyone else will begin at zero just like day 1. I would like everyone to actually think about what it means to be part of a beta community, and think about how we are privileged to play and give feedback about a game that hasn't been released.

Um, no.

They said that there would NOT be any wipes.

I am not going to stick around if I have to level my character to 60 again and redo all my crafting.
  • Options
    solidor80solidor80 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Bad news they said(in twitter) there will be not a complete wipe .
  • Options
    covencoven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a Beta game, and anyone who "earned" anything through exploitation should lose it. I have no complaints about a wipe as long as cryptic does the right thing and let's players keep their item mall stuff, zen and astrals. if u rolled a new character you'd start from lvl 1 anyway. The only one's that would complain about a wipe in my book are the exploiters cause now they will actually have to work and earn lvls and stuff, omg. o.0
  • Options
    tvalaltvalal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I would hate a wipe since i have 2 level 60 so thats where i stand.

But people that talk about the broken economy, what about the 10's billions of AD that heroes/guardians have pured into the game? That won't effect the economy? It was never a fresh economy from the start, so what if another 10 billion manage to slip past the cracks? I dont see much effect tbh. There is a reason why people could sell t1 gear for 200k ad 3 days after launch and it was not becouse of exploits, its becouse the game is overflow with AD from the start. Those prices will drop ALOT 5months into the game as the AD will go back to cryptic via zen/ad sinks.

I doubt they will wipe im sure the backlash would be far worse then if they let this go it's course
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. According to twitter, complete wipes are off the table.

Not really sure what can be done to fix the situation without a complete wipe.
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? They can rollback ALL accounts.
    zylaxx wrote: »

Total wipe (of a Beta) is the only logical choice to fix a broken economy, a simple rollback will not work since billions of AD's have been laundered to other accounts.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can not do a full wipe every time something like this happens, so they might as well try and figure out how to fix things without a wipe now.

They should be able to remove a fair amount of exploited bs.

After that the economy should repair itself over time. Maybe not perfectly, but well enough to play.
  • Options
    eight1foureight1four Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? They can rollback ALL accounts.
    zylaxx wrote: »

• Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    agoshgaosgagoshgaosg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coven wrote: »
    It's a Beta game

:rolleyes::rolleyes: funny thing. This is a realeased game*. Whatever they want to call their release is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

* The worst released game ever. http://i.imgur.com/oA6Z8.jpg
  • Options
    brokensaintvxbrokensaintvx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off, they wont be able to refund your money, sorry friend. You payed for something, you got what you payed for, and unfortunately, someone broke what you payed for. It wasn't the developer's fault that it was broken, it is their fault that they didn't catch the bug, but it's not their fault that someone ruined your game experience.

If you leave, and don't come back, don't worry, you won't be missed.
  • Options
    octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe and I quit also. I have too much time and money invested for it all to be wiped.

How? the games been out for like two weeks
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 16 May
    "We're not planning on doing a character wipe, so feel free to get totally attached. :)"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How? the games been out for like two weeks

Haha, this is funny. 1-60 can be done within a week easily. People are acting like they have been working on their toons for years.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started playing this game a week ago, I've spent 200.00 dollars on in game content. Ignorant? sure maybe, but I get paid well for what I do and don't have the time to grind it in game. It's their model not mine. If they rollback there needs to be method to compensate those that have invested in 'their' model. If they don't I know myself and many others will be gone. Hell I was planning on purchasing a Hero's Pack tonight when I logged into to play. Then I saw this fiasco unraveling. If I've lost the 200.00 I've already invested I'll never play a cryptic game again...ever.

I'm all for rollback as long as refunds of zen and real money purchased items are refunded or made available to new characters created in game.

Just my two cents...er...20,000 cents
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    I just started playing this game a week ago, I've spent 200.00 dollars on in game content. Ignorant? sure maybe, but I get paid well for what I do and don't have the time to grind it in game. It's their model not mine. If they rollback there needs to be method to compensate those that have invested in 'their' model. If they don't I know myself and many others will be gone. Hell I was planning on purchasing a Hero's Pack tonight when I logged into to play. Then I saw this fiasco unraveling. If I've lost the 200.00 I've already invested I'll never play a cryptic game again...ever.

I'm all for rollback as long as refunds of zen and real money purchased items are refunded or made available to new characters created in game.

Just my two cents...er...20,000 cents

I share the same sentiments. I have invested a lot of time and money in this game, via Founders and Zen. I'm also a STO Lifetime subscriber and LoR pack purchase. I'd quit both games if my time, effort, and money got wiped.
  • Options
    doctahgdoctahg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And because it IS A BETA if they don't ant to wipe the game and fix it another way that is viable as well. BETA..tough to complain about a broken game that's only in BETA
  • Options
    plissconplisscon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not coming back. I didn't play for hours for nothing.