test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If they wipe, i wont come back

Comments

• krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The more I read up on this the more unsure I am about Neverwinter being a game that I can call my MMO home. Being a six year WoW player that was looking for something new to do; New adventure, new class dynamics, new world to explore and BAM a D&D themed world...awesome!...a week later....free to play scares the hell out of me now. This model is unproven and it's evident that Cryptic did not do their homework. Looking at all the hundreds of hours of work invested by foundry developers and game players and that being lost because the development team didn't do their due diligence in releasing a game that something this epic would take their worlds to it's knees. How does a game survive the catastrophic customer service issues that will create? A rollback at this point likely would be such a detrimental impact to customer satisfaction that the game would never realize it's full potential and die another slow agonizing death like so many other free to play MMOs.

I'm new to Cryptic games, but I'm curious to see how they handle this.

I can't imagine that if they failed to develop to avoid this kind of exploit that they thought about how to track real money purchases and monitor who needs to be refunded..the money is spent and gone...our loss

we'll see. I hope not for their sake, I can lose 200.00 can they lose the potential millions?
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kassidus wrote: »
    Pretty simple, ive gotten 2 characters to 40 so far, game has been reasonably fun, even if its pretty much just like all there other games, kinda cheap and half assed, but i enjoyed it enough to bouy $20 worth of zen, try my hand at a couple keys.

AAAAAANyways, If they do wipe, they better refund the zen, then i will go to my CC company and make them reverse the charge, because Ive had enough bad experience with cryptic in the past, this was there last chance, so you wipe im gone, and I wont ever touch another cryptic game.

Id be fine if they just deleted all the AD, im fine with that(worst case scenario) but you wipe my characters.....its over.

You're bluffing , fk outta here .
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Those that are saying they will quit, either are exploiters/cheaters themselves, or will be looking for a new Fix (aka Game) in 6 months anyway.

I say do a rollback (which means I will probably have to start from scratch) and then wipe all currency from that point and make everyone start at zero.

Oh and yea, it IS still beta and you do AGREE with their terms and conditions when playing the game. I wish I could quote what my DI would call cry babies in boot, but I would get my comment deleted and maybe a ban, LOL.
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doctahg wrote: »
    And because it IS A BETA if they don't ant to wipe the game and fix it another way that is viable as well. BETA..tough to complain about a broken game that's only in BETA

If the game is still in BETA then WTF are you charging real life money for in game items?
  • deltazuludeltazulu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 42m
    @DjDazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue."

Please stop making useless bull **** threads without knowing what the hell you are talking about.
    edited May 2013
    Those that are saying they will quit, either are exploiters/cheaters themselves, or will be looking for a new Fix (aka Game) in 6 months anyway....

Don't be naive, I didn't cheat at all...bought my in game zen, starter packs etc through their model. I spent my real world money on their product. If they rollback and don't refund those items or make them available to the account I'll quit and not come back. Period. Nothing cheating about that, I played by their rules with their model. Shame on them for releasing a BETA game that was this exploitable and implementing a model for profiting from sale of in game items.

This is no different than buying a 'service package' from your local auto dealership, when your car needs service you bring it in and they say sorry...we stopped doing service and we aren't refunding your service package.

If they rollback, don't credit in game purchases it's digital theft.
  • garulgarul Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is simple. If you punich all fair players of the comunity because only a few were cheating... the cheaters won! Just as simple as that. Is like to prevent forest being burned in summer what you do is cut all trees... Stupid solution from stupid people. I expect from developers a little more common sense.
  • venger0405venger0405 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's called open beta for a reason, in cases like this a roll back would make perfect sense and to all the people that paid real money well I would hope they would do the right thing and credit everyone (in game) what they paid for. For actual char's they need to do a full wipe like it takes so long to get to 60 honestly wouldn't take a week and people will be back to the same level as now.
  • deltazuludeltazulu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    venger0405 wrote: »
    It's called open beta for a reason, in cases like this a roll back would make perfect sense and to all the people that paid real money well I would hope they would do the right thing and credit everyone (in game) what they paid for. For actual char's they need to do a full wipe like it takes so long to get to 60 honestly wouldn't take a week and people will be back to the same level as now.

Jeez do you people even know what you are talking about., This game is LIVE not in open beta. Look at PWE main site. There is and has been a bright green "L" next to the game.
    edited May 2013
    Here's what really concerns me.

The moderators of these forums could easily post a sticky calming many concerns related to recovery of foundry, zen, and real world money purchased items by stating that; in the event of a rollback all the in game advantages that have been purchased will be refunded. They haven't....why? The probably don't know how they'll do it. Which I'm assuming is why the aren't quick to rollback.

They never should have started charging real money for in game items in a BETA game, simply irresponsible. Now they have a customer service nightmare on their hands and I'm sure their marketing, development, and business management folks are all working a Sunday trying to come up with a way to salvage a great deal of their gaming community customers.

I'd hate to be in their shoes right now.
  • darkwolf42775darkwolf42775 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Pretty simple, ive gotten 2 characters to 40 so far, game has been reasonably fun, even if its pretty much just like all there other games, kinda cheap and half assed, but i enjoyed it enough to bouy $20 worth of zen, try my hand at a couple keys.

AAAAAANyways, If they do wipe, they better refund the zen, then i will go to my CC company and make them reverse the charge, because Ive had enough bad experience with cryptic in the past, this was there last chance, so you wipe im gone, and I wont ever touch another cryptic game.

Id be fine if they just deleted all the AD, im fine with that(worst case scenario) but you wipe my characters.....its over.

so what stop ur crying like a 2 year old its still beta all u CRY BABYS! need to go back to ur mommys ok grow up its"BETA!" and this stuff happens let me spell it out again for u 2 year olds! "BETA!" rofl GROW UP
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if they don't wipe, I won't come back.
  • trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013

And no one will care...
  • fasthands23fasthands23 Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    the new age of self entitled gamers. i doubt most of you have even participated in a real beta. (games are meant to wipe after beta, for the official release)
  • midnightrider55midnightrider55 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do a wipe already with refunds. All you're going to lose are the emo kiddies. It's a win-win for everyone.
  • pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 16 May
    "We're not planning on doing a character wipe, so feel free to get totally attached. :)"

Not PLANNING to do one, no. However, if things continue to spiral out of control with exploits, they SHOULD do one before "launch".

Here's the bottom line, at least for me: The developers are trying to "have their cake and eat it too" by continuing to insist the game is "beta", while treating it as though it were a live game (cash shop, forcing people to have to spend money to respec out of broken builds, etc). Meanwhile, on the forums there are a number of die-hard fans of the game dismissing any complaints by saying "shut up, it's still in beta!"

If it were truly a "beta test" scenario, then unexpected rollbacks, wipes, etc SHOULD be something they're willing to do -- perhaps as a last resort, but not "taking it off the table" completely. What they've done is paint themselves into a corner by promising there wouldn't be any character wipes. The sheer number of economy-trashing exploits are getting out of hand. Wiping everything and starting from scratch is starting to look like the only seriously viable solution if they want the game's economy to be treated seriously once it goes "live".

For every person who shouts "if they wipe, I quit!", there are other people who would quit if they DON'T wipe.

The long and short of it is that they never should have promised not to wipe characters at the end of beta. By doing so, they're allowing people to treat "open beta" as if it were just an early launch of the game, where everything they do is permanent -- just like if it were "officially launched" as opposed to "soft launched".

If they want to keep insisting the game is "still in beta", then they need to TREAT it like a beta. Not like a launched game with a "beta" tag stuck to it.
  • cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they wipe. I am enjoying the content and in no rush to get to lev 60. I have 3 chars at 30-45ish too. At least it will reset all the exploitation that has been done and markets that have been ruined. Foundry content hopefully will still be available unless it has exploits. Wipe em all!
  • m00chiem00chie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is in Beta testing.... wipes are not rare and they can happen multiple times during Beta, deal with it? and more fool the guy who made purchases for a game... in beta testing... nuff said!
  • niakardniakard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's a shame because, so far, this game has done a better job of capturing AD&D than any other mmo to date. That's just my opinion. I expect some hiccups. This is kind of a large one, but frankly, given what a prominent role Zen and AD play in the game, I would rather they take extraordinary measures now to fix problem then live with the consequence of unabated cheating for months to come.
  • moralsmorals Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They may call this a beta, but as soon as the first person spent money to buy zen then this became RETAIL.
  • wudafuuwudafuu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a beta at the end when the finnally release the real game everything will be reset we will get a wipe now or then wont matter
    edited May 2013
    Can someone please link to where on their website it says this game is still in BETA? From what I can tell it's no longer in BETA and it's a live distribution game.

If it is still in BETA and would have been wiped on 'live' release then how in the hell do they plan to compensate those spending money on in game content?
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Half my guild are saying if they don't wipe they will quit.

Total wipe (of a Beta) is the only logical choice to fix a broken economy, a simple rollback will not work since billions of AD's have been laundered to other accounts.

I've read this logic a few times and don't understand. If you roll the server back, all accounts are affected. If you hid it in another account you did it after the exploit and that would all be gone doing a wipe prior to that time. I must be missing something.

But why would anyone leave if there was a wipe? It's open beta! LOL!!!!

If there was a wipe, I guess I wouldn't be playing for 5 days, since the Head Start would have to kick in again, since that was PAID for... That is why the Beta status was a joke.
  • knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people around here need to look up the word "beta" in the dictionary. The game has not officially been released. If you come here complaining that you're leaving if a wipe occurs, good riddance. You're too stupid to be a part of the community. PW would not perform a wipe without refunding those who spent real money on Zen. It's common sense. They have every right to wipe the servers before the game is officially brought live. Think about it. It makes perfect sense. If they decide not to do a wipe, it will be to make the community happy, which they have no obligation to. That is all.
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off- they're taking money.
    Second off- they said at the launch of open beta, there would be no more wipes, and people have invested hundreds of hours and dollars into the game since then.
    Third off- the exploiters have moved millions of AD into zen which is now out of the game entirely- meaning if you were to rollback the game, the only people who WOULD NOT be effected are the exploiters, since they can just move the zen back into the economy, buy up everything, and profit.

A wipe would benefit the exploiters and punish all legit players.... so ya, I'm willing to bet all the money I have that is exactly what Cryptic will do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just think of a total wipe as two new character slots.

You *will* get all PURCHASED (not exchanged Zen) back. If you have a founders pack, you will get your in-game currency and still have a leg up on everyone else.

What's not to love?? You get to explore the game, again, AND you can do it right this time.

Plus...insta dungeon pops...
  • fashirfashir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First off- they're taking money.
    Second off- they said at the launch of open beta, there would be no more wipes, and people have invested hundreds of hours and dollars into the game since then.
    Third off- the exploiters have moved millions of AD into zen which is now out of the game entirely- meaning if you were to rollback the game, the only people who WOULD NOT be effected are the exploiters, since they can just move the zen back into the economy, buy up everything, and profit.

A wipe would benefit the exploiters and punish all legit players.... so ya, I'm willing to bet all the money I have that is exactly what Cryptic will do.

First all items purchased with money would be restored.
    Second, I believe they said no wipes *AFTER* open beta
    Third, the exploiters didn't buy their zen, the zen would go back to the people who originally purchased it with RL money. Any converting done would not remain.
  • frosinfrosin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how people keep failing to realise that to perfect world games, an open beta mean a full release. The only reason its called a "beta" is to mask the fact that there is unreleased content and also to provide an excuss for any possible screw up (like all the exploit, bug etc) without incurring the wraith of angry player about getting an unfinished / unpolished game. The "beta" is very likely to go for months, years or even forever until game die out.
  • herbgotti420herbgotti420 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO. Well, if you are leaving, GOOD BYE! Nobody cares for your sad story. Seriously, they did this wipe because of CHEATERS, Hackers, Exploiters and ect. If you paid REAL money, i'm sure you will get back what YOU paid for. If you know that someone is cheating, REPORT THEM! I don't understand why ppl can't just PLAY THE FRIGGIN GAME THE RIGHT WAY. Same thing with Call of Duty. Modded controllers and aim bots? Wow. Let's get rid of the cheaters and blood suckers and keep the friendly ppl who play this game in LEGIT fashion.
  • nivasparklesnivasparkles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Lets just keep on Wiping the game once a week...

So everyone wanted a Wipe after the Guardian exploit issue(as well as other recent exploits including the Foundry). Lets just say they did Wipe(which they didn't) and now a new issue came up and everyone wants a Wipe because of it. So every time the game has a hiccup we are just gonna wipe? =/

This. Everyone calling for a wipe. There will ALWAYS be economy/game ruining exploits. If a company has no way to find cheaters and ban then - that is ridiculous. Are they going to wipe everyone after every period of exploiting? If they have to rollback or wipe now then you know they have no systems/appropriate logs in place to ever be able to deal with this and there is no reason to play because cheating will happen again and again.