test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• bigg4merbigg4mer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree somthing is needed to sort the economy out but... i dont know that a complete wipe is the answer there are those of us who leveled as intended farmed and sold items for ad to purchase the companions and to trade for zen to get a nice mounts etc i feel like a wipe would punish me and people like me who have abided by the rules and though we may not have invested money in the game we have invested alot of our free time.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really as long as they come out with new content for me to continue the story, Im really not to bothered by the games economy..Is it crappy? well, yes very bad and they do need to fix it. I enjoy the story and love meeting with friends and doing a epic dungeon.
    Wipe or dont wipe im not to concerned as long as I get what ive already paid for or money back. The content was fun enough the first time for me not to be to upset to do it again
  • petethekiller2petethekiller2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    The damage is done.

PW is fail, they were told about these exploits. The exploiter's are fail, their total lack of self control and any kind of behavior standards brought this all down on everyone's good time playing this game. This is exactly the reason we can't have nice stuff these days.

Wipe it all out, and see how many people come back, is the only real choice at this point. It is a cool game with lots of fun stuff in it. That being said it needs work, and NOW im sure that it's very clear to even the most head in the sand type at this point.

I spent some money on this game and i am not totally plus'd having done so at this point. I am not gonna say i haven't run around having a lot of fun playing the game. It is a F2P game though, with no endgame at all, very few classes with no possible variation in how to spec or play the class for the most part. I am thinking to myself that while i like that game its quality and level of play is very typical of games released these days and don't really find myself being disappointed all that much in how this particular game just fell right on its lips.

Oh well..... let it all burn!!

Least i brought marshmallows!
  • honohhonoh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tommy6pack wrote: »
    Here's some real logic behind a wipe.
    1 Gold farmer's get banned
    2 Site's selling AD lose out on their hoarded diamonds
    3 Turn off AH / (Zen/AD trading) until its resolved
    4 Wipe it all, because honestly and anyone that has "played to 60" knows already those items gained / sold off in the AH are floating around on Mules.
    5 The people that slipped through the cracks during the investigation by using VPNs / fake MAC addresses will more than likely get reported by the Gold Selling sites out of spite for having lost their investments.
    6 The economy will be restored along with faith in the future of the game itself.

If you can't see the logic in this, you've either cheated at some point or think your virtual character is far more precious than the state of the game. Either way, your not someone I want playing this game.

I agree with this. I hate the idea of a wipe, but its the only way to really clear out the gold sellers (at least temporarily) and exploiters. It seems this is the only way to ensure the long term integrity of the game.

Some will leave if there is no wipe.
    Some will leave if there IS a wipe.

After scanning through all of these replies, my opinion (and its just that...my opinion) is that I like the attitudes of those preferring a wipe to those who are against it and I'd rather play with folks with good attitudes and a desire for integrity in the game than those who are only concerned with themselves and their (virtual) stuff.

I honestly have had fun leveling up multiple toons (none 60 yet, to be fair), and if some folks find playing the game to be a chore, well....maybe this game is not for you. I say this with all due respect with no intentions of offending anyone, but I've been around long enough to realize that giving an honest opinion often offends folks.

Have a great day :)
  • amyciaamycia Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 27 s

@omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

• iergoiergo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just my Opinion!:

Open the server. Put a limit on how much AD can be spent /per something (day/hour/etc). This is temporary for about a month (or so) while you create a shard to track future exploits, go through current database, etc. Then lift it later, while giving the economy a chance to stabilize.

In a perfect scenario you would be able to find all the exploiters, ban their accounts etc. However, we all know that this is not likely and there is only one way to remove all the exploited AD = wipe, or mitigate the damage over time for which there are nearly an infinite possible solutions.

Edited: spelling, etc.
  • llamallama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    visgang wrote: »
    The damage is done.

PW is fail, they were told about these exploits. The exploiter's are fail, their total lack of self control and any kind of behavior standards brought this all down on everyone's good time playing this game. This is exactly the reason we can't have nice stuff these days.

Wipe it all out, and see how many people come back, is the only real choice at this point. It is a cool game with lots of fun stuff in it. That being said it needs work, and NOW im sure that it's very clear to even the most head in the sand type at this point.

I spent some money on this game and i am not totally plus'd having done so at this point. I am not gonna say i haven't run around having a lot of fun playing the game. It is a F2P game though, with no endgame at all, very few classes with no possible variation in how to spec or play the class for the most part. I am thinking to myself that while i like that game its quality and level of play is very typical of games released these days and don't really find myself being disappointed all that much in how this particular game just fell right on its lips.

Oh well..... let it all burn!!

Least i brought marshmallows!

"Fail" is not a noun or an adjective. Stop it.
  • boff85boff85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From Twitter:
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 3m
    @omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.
  • visgangvisgang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    whoops, double post!
  • bigg4merbigg4mer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another example my freind farmed (legitimatly) alot of t2 dungeons got some AD's in and bought twilight inferno mount which isnt acc bound i think if he lost it he would quit and i imagine there is sizeable portion of people who would do the same.
  • pocketlint440pocketlint440 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a 60 and then some. As long as they give me back my founders AD and the Zen I have bought, I am all for bans and a full wipe. It might cost me time to level again but I'd rather do that with the exploits fixed than have those who used the exploits and didn't caught still running around on the servers.
  • straightkushstraightkush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold farmers are always going to be around no matter if there is a wipe or not even in the mmorpgs today such as wow , aion etc. which i am not comparing im just stating that they will all have gold farmers / gold sellers and them doing a wipe wont fix as u can see blizzard is a much bigger community and yet they still have gold farmers / gold sellers there is no way to fix it , you might think oh you can ban them but what you dont understand is there is so many of them and they know how to bypass pw thats why they do what they do.
  • troljtrolj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    As it often is in life the minority is the loudest. People who demand a full wipe are doing ill favor to the game. This decision will wash out a lot of casual players, not to mention some not so casual. It will be sizable set back to gaming community from which the game might never recover. To be honest i do not see a reason for a full wipe. The inflation is not even nearly as bad as people doom prophecy here.

I played a game once where billions of in game currency are worthless, its still around. And only thing that can ruin the economy is inflation, where new or poor players will remain poor and rich will accumulate even more currency. The reason why it never happen in Neverwinter will be due to efficient money sinks. For both AD and gold. But what is more important is how AD enters the game, Rough diamond refiment(24 k per character in a day) and idols. It cuts away currency farmers, well gold can be farmed but player trading is done via AD. I dont count pacs since they are temporary and will not have a massive impact.

AD will redistribute itself over time, provided the exploits are fixed. Cryptic and PWE should weed out accounts that were exploited and mule ones as well. I know its a lot esear for them to simply wipe and i do feel very sorry for people who will be doing Sisyphean task of searching for exploiters. But in my option its a safer choice.

Rest is history.
  • kinam3641kinam3641 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Voted for full wipe

I realize that this may estrange some players ... but honestly.. why? Playing legit, using just quests, and no help from other players, I got to 60 in a little over a day worth of /played time. Gearing up afterwards for epic dungeons? Still wasn't that difficult. I got to 9300 gearscore (which I still think they need to put these values on the gear and gems) within a week of casual game play. If people are going to leave this game due to a wipe after a fix is in place, so be it. I mean, if you loose out a week's worth of "work" and get so upset that you leave the game? meh.

Seeing as this problem has existed since day 1 of the beta...there have been people doing this and affecting the market for everyone. I'd say, fix the glitch/exploit. Ban those that used it. Then do a full wipe. This would honestly be the only true "fix"... with this exploit being a possible driving factor of the market the entire time, only a fresh start will allow the market to be proper. The ill-gotten AD could have been passed around to everyone in the game.
  • ziggledeeflorpziggledeeflorp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe, don't wipe, I don't care. Do whatever you're going to do and bring the servers back up!
  • thefirstgilraelthefirstgilrael Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What you propose is nearly exactly what was done in RL in Belgium after WW2 in order to solve the problem of the fortune made war exploiter and black market during the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> occupation of the country.
  • elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote for no wipe and a more logical solution to address those that have cheated and not those that haven't.

Ban all accounts that have cheated and excessively used exploits for gain, then the reset AH. When the AH resets, all items will be returned to their owners and those items listed under banned accounts won't be able to be relisted in the AH again. Do a permenate ban and deletion of said accounts, no slap on the hands. Search records and associate all banned accounts with activity to another acccount, this account is more likely a mule or saftey account. These accounts might be a temp ban until proven otherwise.

I for one don't want to, nor have the time to get my characters back to where they were. I took a vacation to get what I have and can't do it again. I will not suffer because of the lazy skillless people who have to cheat or exploit in order to gain.

Why should the majority suffer for the ignorance of a few?
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wiping will also clean up a lot of their tickets :D I know the 3 that i have in i could delete.
  • kajiwhtkajiwht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    There are SEVERAL!!! bugs... and has been several bugs... including how to kill mobs or bosses throwing them into the pit... or pulling them outside the boss room and making it stand still... dungeons u can completly skip jumping from ledges, and so the list goes on... including the elite mobs in the foundry hole
    the Auction house bug IS NOT the only bug around people have been exploiting... and although there is a major difference in consequence for the "world" here... that also made epic gear be worth **** on AH... u can find tier 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 2000 AD... I dont think it was intended to be sold for that amount... or be that common...
    for this reason I`m in favor of a full wipe.... with conditions:
    1- all founder pack AD restored to full, itens and tokens (they are the ones paying for the bill... they should not be punished for that)
    2- all zen should be refunded (not money back... fresh zen back... as if they had just bought them) (this goes in the same as the previous one... most of us may not want to pay for this game... and we should be glad some people are willing to do so.. else we wouldnt hav this game at all... someone has to pay the bill)
    3- fix all known bugs and exploits
    4- bonus AD based on ur current level (lvl 60 = 300k AD + 60 divine coin, lvl 30 = 100k AD + 20 divine coin, lvl 15 = 50k AD + 10 divine coin, under = 0) as a reward for our hard working beta testing and time spent (by divine coin I mean the non-expirable)
    5- IF we have level reset... making this game a LIL more difficult mid tier (20-45) and more difficult to level (45-60) atm one can get a char lvl 60 in 3-4 days in a party... what's the fun in that?
    6- IF NOT level reset... give all players a current level full gear (green and blue) and change the guardian starting weapon for lvl 60 very rare and hero of the north starting weapon for lvl 60 very rare off-hand (they already have a very rare main hand)
    7- ease a bit on the AD itens price and taxes. 50k to unbind a rank 5 is a bit of a joke...
    8- a bonus based on quests/crafts/dungeons cleared/pvp acomplishments (0-100k, being 100k not being hard to get) + 1 respect coin

A decent accomplished lvl 60 would get 400k AD + 1 respect token to play around his skills
    A decent accomplished lvl 60 guardian would get 1m AD + 2 respect tokens (1 from founder pack)
    A decent accomplished lvl 60 hero would get 2.4m AD + 2 respect tokens
  • nacio83nacio83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oiz907.jpg
    WTF
  • mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just tweeted a few minutes ago ...... @DjDazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loliamos wrote: »
    rpicym.jpg

LOL

LMAO I couldn't stop laughing @ that one XD

On topic: I wouldn't mind a wipe if I get the stuff from the founders pack back + all the zen that I paid for.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • koijukoiju Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No way do I want a full wipe, I'm not re-leveling 2 characters to 60 all over again.

Just roll back and ban, that's all that's needed
  • magizoroastmagizoroast Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is my thoughts,

This is a Beta, It is ultimately PW decision on all matters and we did sign the agreement when playing the Beta. It is great they are even giving us the opportunity to even have a minimal voice in this.

Here are my thoughts.

If you do a Wipe, Give those who purchased and earned ZEN their Zen again when they recreate their characters. Ensure there is no exploit / bugs for this to be done again regards currency.

If you do a rollback, look at those who did it roll those back or keep them banned. Look into those who have moved mass amounts of currency. If that is even plausible.

For an inconvenience offer those who had accounts before this indecent this something even something small, would offset what could be coming.

Those are my thoughts. It is unfortunate so many have to pay for the few but to have a clean release when this does go fully live this is what we are here for to work out the bugs. Although, this is a huge bug.

Look forward to seeing what happens. Will be sad to see a complete wipe with those who purchased zen and or items from PW and to have nothing upon recreation.
  • dngrmse1dngrmse1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigg4mer wrote: »
    I agree somthing is needed to sort the economy out but... i dont know that a complete wipe is the answer there are those of us who leveled as intended farmed and sold items for ad to purchase the companions and to trade for zen to get a nice mounts etc i feel like a wipe would punish me and people like me who have abided by the rules and though we may not have invested money in the game we have invested alot of our free time.

A total wipe is not the answer....it hurts far more innocent players, than exploiters. This game will earn a very bad reputation if that happens....even while still in Beta. (and remember, it's in beta for PW too...they can't just take the easy way out, they have to treat this game as 'live', they have to figure out ways to plug exploits, and punish the guilty while preserving the game for everyone else).
  • mortinusumortinusu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full-wipe is the only way to solve the massive amount of unbalance that has been introduced to the game.
    Weeks of people doing "pirate runs" in MINUTES....the amount of fully-geared 60's is insane.
    The economy has been completely ruined.
    FUll wipe. Who cares.
    Like your lev 60 was hard to get anyways.
    WHine about 2 weeks lol.
  • errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    By normal definition Beta testing is something done prior to marketing. They could have needed one of those.
  • nitemaresbnitemaresb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I put alot of time and money in my level 60( i only have 1 character).. and having to do it all over again, would be lame. especially since questing is so linear. BUT if it ment they would fix a good majority of the exploits/bugs AND change some things on gear drops. (like class specific rolls only or make boss drops BoP) then i wouldnt be too against it, but i would want them to keep the exploiters Banned. Letting them just walk right in after pissing so many people off wouldnt be right. Have to be made an example of to prevent copy cats.
  • magizoroastmagizoroast Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kinda like this also

kajiwht wrote: »
    There are SEVERAL!!! bugs... and has been several bugs... including how to kill mobs or bosses throwing them into the pit... or pulling them outside the boss room and making it stand still... dungeons u can completly skip jumping from ledges, and so the list goes on... including the elite mobs in the foundry hole
    the Auction house bug IS NOT the only bug around people have been exploiting... and although there is a major difference in consequence for the "world" here... that also made epic gear be worth **** on AH... u can find tier 1 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for 2000 AD... I dont think it was intended to be sold for that amount... or be that common...
    for this reason I`m in favor of a full wipe.... with conditions:
    1- all founder pack AD restored to full, itens and tokens (they are the ones paying for the bill... they should not be punished for that)
    2- all zen should be refunded (not money back... fresh zen back... as if they had just bought them) (this goes in the same as the previous one... most of us may not want to pay for this game... and we should be glad some people are willing to do so.. else we wouldnt hav this game at all... someone has to pay the bill)
    3- fix all known bugs and exploits
    4- bonus AD based on ur current level (lvl 60 = 300k AD + 60 divine coin, lvl 30 = 100k AD + 30 divine coin, lvl 15 = 50k AD + 15 divine coin, under = 0) as a reward for our hard working beta testing and time spent
    5- IF we have level reset... making this game a LIL more difficult mid tier (20-45) and more difficult to level (45-60) atm one can get a char lvl 60 in 3-4 days in a party... what's the fun in that?
    6- IF NOT level reset... give all players a current level full gear (green and blue) and change the guardian starting weapon for lvl 60 very rare and hero of the north starting weapon for lvl 60 very rare off-hand (they already have a very rare main hand)
    7- ease a bit on the AD itens price and taxes. 50k to unbind a rank 5 is a bit of a joke...

A decent accomplished lvl 60 would get 400k AD + 1 respect token to play around his skills
    A decent accomplished lvl 60 guardian would get 1m AD + 2 respect tokens (1 from founder pack)
    A decent accomplished lvl 60 hero would get 2.4m AD + 2 respect tokens