test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x5hades wrote: »
    Wipe all assets everything, amour,weapons, crafting assets, bags you name it!

Refund all legit paid for with real money ZEN.

Keep levels gained.

Insert a NPC that gives out stock amour and weapons at your level for free that is bound on pickup.

This gets rid of all ill gotten gains without rolling back levels. (keep crafting levels)

Oh, yeah, that would be even more brilliant. Wipe out all the items gained from quests (12 & 18 slot bags, green & blue crafting assets from the Doomguard's Duty quest), but leave the characters still leveled/etc so that they can't reclaim those things.

That's worse than a wipe.

----
    edit: and for the people saying "oh, I've got some characters 20-30, it's just a couple hours to get that back".... yeah, sure, if you're a serious speed-leveler. Me, my lv30ish characters are up to a day each. My 48 is well over a day. Yes, I've played too much the past couple weeks.
  • Options
    vidiotvidiot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think a wipe is an option for PW. They would have to refund rl $ and I'm relatively sure they don't want to do that.
    Also, a wipe would be punishing the innocent. Also a bad move for PW.
    Most players don't even know any of this is going on, which would make a wipe seem all the worse.
    From what I'm reading here... a roll back won't really do enough.

Did the earth do a wipe after WWII? Nope... we fixed it up best we could and carried on... I think that's what we should do here. Punish the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>(exploiters), and the rest of us will live on. After a while, things will go back to some kind of normalsy.

For me, a wipe means this game is dead. I'm not interested in leveling up my main again. That's just one mans opinion though.
  • Options
    pennstateitpennstateit Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    While a complete wipe will resolve the issue, it will cause people to stop playing. Many people came into the beta knowing that their character wouldn't be wiped when the game launches. A full wipe may hurt the game than help.
  • Options
    fenixintheskyfenixinthesky Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not care about re-leveling I care about the huge amounts of items/AD I farmed and marketed myself. All arguments about wiping are NILL/NOT/ZILCH as there are other ways to fix this. Dragon economy is not broken at all. Even after that one shot bug. I made all t3 weapons back to 6-8 million AD as it should be. If you think it is broken, pre-gateway exploit, you have HUGE misconceptions of what a broken economy is. You are speaking to someone who hounds the market every day for many hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vidiot wrote: »
    I don't think a wipe is an option for PW. They would have to refund rl $ and I'm relatively sure they don't want to do that.
    Most players don't even know any of this is going on, which would make a wipe seem all the worse.

Did the earth do a wipe after WWII? Nope... we fixed it up best we could and carried on... I think that's what we should do here. Punish the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>(exploiters), and the rest of us will live on. After a while, things will go back to some kind of normalsy.

For me, a wipe means this game is dead. I'm not interested in leveling up my main again. That's just one mans opinion though.

Problem is, after WWII America put a ton of money into Europe to fix it, and Europe is still a mess. PW is not as kind and won't put their own money into fixing a game economy.
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive played non stop for two weeks, mostly farming achievements.(probably 10 hours in Master Scryer alone, before that scrying thread had all the locations :P) Im going to lose them all...I still want a wipe. Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar 4 Gold in constant trade spam on Mindflayer just isn't right. I bought all my T-2 gear for 30K after the guardian started exploiting. Timeless hero set only cost me 2 million. From here on out it would be AD only spent on Zen, vanity and runes. At least until Gauntlgrym came along. This stuff should have taken 4-5 months to get. I paid to win with a meager 200 USD investment up front. Wipe...make the economy better. It is a beta and despite the thought process of "Everything is going to be okay" Beta means...prepare for the worst, hope for the best. It just didn't work. Point a finger at Cryptic first, then at the exploiters. But really ask yourself if in the long run (Say a 6 month to a year mindframe here) if keeping the economy the way it is really helps. Let me tell you....end game is lacking enough. Ive cleared 1 of each of the T2 dungeons, and that's pretty much all thee is to do besides PVP and castle Never. Then it's make an alt and rinse repeat. When servers went down I was actually leveling the oddball companion to see if it's worth anything. (In this case, a dancing shield = it isn't :P )
  • Options
    monomadrox2monomadrox2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You cannot do a server wipe. I personally have obtained all my gear and everything legit. My guild has busted their tails to get our guild bank in working order along with a lot of raided gear put into that bank and none of us even knew about these exploits, Heck we started playing after they were fixed. I dont have a lot of time to play this game and worked very hard to get where I'm at. I dont even have a lot of AD and the prices are set too high but that can be fixed with what they are trying to do. I dont want this game to turn into another case of a few bad apples ruining it for everyone else. Do a rollback with the AH and ban exploiters (which is already happening) and go from there. Not everyone is on summer break or unemployed who can grind this game 20 hours a day. I for sure cannot and i invested my time wisely and would be very dissapointed if i had to restart... If i even did. Server Wipe would lose a lot of players when the issues can be fixed otherwise.
  • Options
    aveloxiaveloxi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not real life. This is a game. And I'm sure lots of people would have liked to have hit the reset button after WW2. Hate to be Captain Obvious but it seems some people forget that. This is just the latest in a long list of exploits. I've put a LOT of time into this game -- not just leveling; I spent a whole day just decorating a tavern room from scratch -- and it will hurt like a mutha to have a wipe, but there were people that exploited to 60 in the very first week.

Just please don't take my Foundry maps from me. TT
  • Options
    tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's some real logic behind a wipe.
    1 Gold farmer's get banned
    2 Site's selling AD lose out on their hoarded diamonds
    3 Turn off AH / (Zen/AD trading) until its resolved
    4 Wipe it all, because honestly and anyone that has "played to 60" knows already those items gained / sold off in the AH are floating around on Mules.
    5 The people that slipped through the cracks during the investigation by using VPNs / fake MAC addresses will more than likely get reported by the Gold Selling sites out of spite for having lost their investments.
    6 The economy will be restored along with faith in the future of the game itself.

If you can't see the logic in this, you've either cheated at some point or think your virtual character is far more precious than the state of the game. Either way, your not someone I want playing this game.
  • Options
    dwg38dwg38 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yep. The devs will find the piles of tainted AD and take them out of the market. No, it won't be thorough and no they won't get it all, but they'll get enough of it out of circulation to minimize the damage. Three months from now, you'll hardly notice it happened. Better policing of the markets needs to be a priority for PWE in the future. Bottom line ... IT'S A FREAKING GAME! A wipe would be a total disaster.
  • Options
    latefwlatefw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I still don't get it why people would compare the physical world and its feasibilities to a virtual world. Of course you can't wipe people from the face of Earth... But you can easily wipe characters and items and everything from game servers. So what's the point here exactly? :S
  • Options
    tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was mention of a complete wipe prior to release anyhow. What's the difference?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey did they try to fix the matrix after Agent Smith F$##$# everything up.
    NO
    They wiped it and started all over.
  • Options
    luc2kluc2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe everything except the foundry.
  • Options
    vidiotvidiot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    latefw wrote: »
    I still don't get it why people would compare the physical world and its feasibilities to a virtual world. Of course you can't wipe people from the face of Earth... But you can easily wipe characters and items and everything from game servers. So what's the point here exactly? :S

I guess a wipe, to me, seems like curing a head ache by amputating the head... Like I mentioned, the vast majority of players are unaware anything is amiss at all. Not saying it isn't a disaster, just saying a wipe seems like over kill, as in, will kill this game for the vast majority of casual gamers.
  • Options
    crouton230crouton230 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete Wipe! Turn all 72 hr bans into perma ban. If you wipe you will lose players, and if you dont wipe you will lose players also. So either way your going to lose players so why not go ahead and wipe. Just start over fresh. I really hope Cryptic is watching this post closely. I love this game so far and I want to keep loving it, but with all the exploiters I cant. If there is no wipe, then im afraid I will not be returning or putting my money into this game.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would have NEVER purchased a founders pack with the knowledge of a char wipe after a soft launch.Wipe characters?..Ill be contacting my bank for a reverse on charges made.
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited May 2013
    Something else:
    They promised not to whipe so they shouldn't. Keep the current shards and add a new one where those who want can start from a clean slate. Maybe allow players to get their zen worth from real money purhchases when moving to the new server, if possible.
  • Options
    balthezorebalthezore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    supergp17 wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is no solution that will leave anyone unscathed by these catastrophic issues. The only solutions that could save this game would be to do the following:
    • Take the game down for at least 1 month and wipe the servers
    • Find and fix all known exploits, while continuing to find any others
    • Change all dungeon boss drops to BOP
    • Implement better measures to stop PVP AFK'ing
    • Improve the Dungeon Queueing system to populate with more balanced groups
    • Improve the Dungeon Party system so that party leaders don't abuse the kick feature
    • Improve the AH to actually work as intended, with all sorting features usable
    • Enlist the help of willing guilds to fine tune the dungeon difficulty
    • Expedite a Raid Dungeon for end game content
    • During this time period, please collect data from the community to fine tune your zen store item pricing
    • Offer complete refunds to any founders pack purchase
    • Refund all Zen purchases
    • Announce a new Open Beta when the time is appropriate
    • Give updates to the community on a weekly basis

I know that refunds are the last thing a business wants to do, but if you at least offer them, your community will think the better of you for it and you can salvage this game.

Was about to start my own suggestion thread but you pretty much summed everything up.

Also it seems as majority of players is for server wipe + ban wave for people who expolited. So, hell... go for it wipe them all.
    And inbefore you rage at me "get to 60 yadayada and then we'll see if you want wipe" I got full t2/ancient TR at dragon server with milions of AD. All I'm saying banning few accounts WON'T SOLVE anything. Game is over inflated currently. And there have been plenty of item dupes today which caused mass server price crashdown.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just go ahead and completely wipe the game. refund everyone's Zen and Founder's Purchases. Ban everyone who exploited.

nothing else you do will truly fix the damage that has been done.
  • Options
    zereckizerecki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best way is to test the game before launching it for the people and stating that "No character wipes in the future".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How would PW lose out on real $ by giving the same Zen / AD back to founders and Zen purchasers? They don't.
    The only people that would lose out are those selling their AD / Zen or trading them back and forth.
    Quite honestly, it is not hard to level up or regroup and get back to 60 especially those with guilds since they obviously know the tactics involved. Yes, there will be time reinvested, but you end up with a free respec basically and it isn't all that bad to replay through content. What was there at 60 other than dungeons and pvp, possibly foundry quests anyhow?
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luc2k wrote: »
    Wipe everything except the foundry.

Make it so number 1.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    xhotsaucexxhotsaucex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do that what about the people who bought zen? Mounts ect?
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ive played non stop for two weeks, mostly farming achievements.(probably 10 hours in Master Scryer alone, before that scrying thread had all the locations :P) Im going to lose them all...I still want a wipe. Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar 4 Gold in constant trade spam on Mindflayer just isn't right. I bought all my T-2 gear for 30K after the guardian started exploiting. Timeless hero set only cost me 2 million. From here on out it would be AD only spent on Zen, vanity and runes. At least until Gauntlgrym came along. This stuff should have taken 4-5 months to get. I paid to win with a meager 200 USD investment up front. Wipe...make the economy better. It is a beta and despite the thought process of "Everything is going to be okay" Beta means...prepare for the worst, hope for the best. It just didn't work. Point a finger at Cryptic first, then at the exploiters. But really ask yourself if in the long run (Say a 6 month to a year mindframe here) if keeping the economy the way it is really helps. Let me tell you....end game is lacking enough. Ive cleared 1 of each of the T2 dungeons, and that's pretty much all thee is to do besides PVP and castle Never. Then it's make an alt and rinse repeat. When servers went down I was actually leveling the oddball companion to see if it's worth anything. (In this case, a dancing shield = it isn't :P )
    Timeless Hero costs over 4m, btw. (in mindflayer)
  • Options
    thefirstgilraelthefirstgilrael Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Create a new shard, and allow move from the 3 current ones to the new one only naked, so you keep your xp but protect the new economy. Allow a full free re-spec, as a small compensating gift, to the people who move and loose they hard earned stuff.

So people can choose: going to the new shard is equal to a "soft" wipe, staying on the old ones is equal to accepting the perverted system. I would start again in the new shard.

I wouldn't ban, not because I don't want to punish troublemakers (they deserve it), but because I believe that the lack of reaction of cryptic/PWE for weeks it seems, and hours today when it went viral (I was online at that time and decided against cheating and log out not to be tempted) was a kind of silent approval of the cheaters, and now it is too late to punish them.
  • Options
    kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, if they wipe and I lose the AD I purchased. They will be hearing from my lawyer.
  • Options
    loliamosloliamos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyzga2.jpg

qh4pc0.jpg

6y2kq8.jpg

rpicym.jpg

LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because there's two poll at the moment about the server wipe i felt i'll give the same vote here as i did on the other one (my opinion has not changed).I vote for server wipe (and bans if needed).I don't see any other possible solution of this.Would be nice but sadly there's no other way to fix this fiasco.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yeah, cause pw couldn't afford a better lawyer than you? Come on man, you would get a refund probably, or at the very least the zen you already paid for back.