test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I've spent $650 in Zen and I support a Complete Wipe.

Comments

• mavidianmavidian Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've only spent $150 and don't mind the idea of a full wipe so long as I get my Zen back. If I don't get Zen back, then I'll leave.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I don't regret my decisions as to what I've used my zen on - a few keys, a kabold for one of my characters, a few professional booster packs, and I have 14 character slots (spare zen change). I don't regret a purchase. I still support a character wipe since so many folks seem to think it is ok to reap 2-25mil auctions paid with exploited AD. They also don't see how it is wrong to benefit from someones' exploiting.

Sorry, short of anyone who received the benefits of the exploit on any level (free stuff) being banned a wipe is the best way to go.
  • mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    fromover wrote: »
    Agreed, however I believe that the foundry is completely unaffiliated with the currency of the game. There isn't any items that can can be bought to enhance or otherwise enable a player from creating content. So I'm sure the foundry will NOT be affected by any shard and/or character wipes. Furthermore, I believe that this is still beta and that a complete Shard wipe may be necessary to save the economy of the game. As long as the foundry quests are not affected and remain intact for each account.

If the Foundry is wiped then 2 weeks of designing goes down the drain. I would not like it but I would not stop playing. This game rocks and to quit playing and let the exploiters win, is just not my style. Just saying. . .

I just don't get this cavalier attitude about wiping. So people who bought zen and perhaps bought keys to get a steed should be screwed? Maybe they got lucky and got one on the first pop. What about other things they might have bought zen for? Just refunding folks zen doesn't make them whole.

How about we just wipe your real life bank account and see how you like that?
  • alaazxxcalaazxxc Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    whats wrong with a server rollback ? its much better that a full wipe and it will fix all the problems
    first ban players who used any exploit (AH one or any other ones) then rollback the server like 2 days back before the AH exploit
  • tindgetindge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After getting burned out on start overs in Alpha & again in closed Beta, a charatcer wipe would just turn me off of the game & it would probably be put on the back burner for a couple yrs. After which time bugs would be worked out and everything wouldnt be so rediculously money grubbed..
  • oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    $2860?! For a free game?! o.O

Easy logic here - he is working long and hard each day and he has little time to play - on the other side, his hard work does earn him money, and obviously, lots of, so he wants to achieve something in the few hours he has for playing - with money.
  • xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe, lol , who is the joker, Cryptic or the fools who presume and post no matter what comes to their feeble minds?
    Wipe the game and thousands of players will leave the game , having problems , well sort them out , just don't dare play around with people's time or money , you might find yourselves with a big problem in your hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sizzurpersizzurper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol for the people who spent money on zen are complaining? if anything you are better off when its 1 zen to 460 AD.
    don't roll back the AH exploiters, BAN THEM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    2WVxq.png

2WVyk.png

2WVz5.png

I'd like to make a clever remark here but - Speechless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jacephantasijacephantasi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Option 3: Create new server for those that do not want to deal with a ruined economy and have no problems starting over.
  • gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't regret my decisions as to what I've used my zen on - a few keys, a kabold for one of my characters, a few professional booster packs, and I have 14 character slots (spare zen change). I don't regret a purchase. I still support a character wipe since so many folks seem to think it is ok to reap 2-25mil auctions paid with exploited AD. They also don't see how it is wrong to benefit from someones' exploiting.

Sorry, short of anyone who received the benefits of the exploit on any level (free stuff) being banned a wipe is the best way to go.

Or they could.. I don't know. Ban the exploiters and roll back people's characters who got free stuff/money? Possibly even the server before the big "boom"? Sounds crazy I know. It's better to wipe everything and drive away most of your casual playerbase (who make up the biggest numbers in mmos) and others who don't fancy the idea of starting all over from scratch. Yeah.. I'm sure that'll go over much better. I'm also sure no one will mind the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time this has to be done as other exploits come up or some other unforeseen problem arises. I'm sure no one will mention this on reddit and everyone will be completely happy with this outcome.
  • ghostlakeghostlake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think u can be 60 pretty fast in Neverwinter. And i really want to play in a game with a working economy - i just dont have fun thinking so many exploiters get everything so much faster :-/ please wipe!
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have spent $0 real money dollars on the game and will not come back if there is a full wipe. I, unlike some others, have spent copious amounts of time and effort grinding for my gear and refuse to have that all for not.

Like the aforementioned post pointed out, the reason people that spent money want a wipe is because they'll get it back, simply re-acquire what they lost. Those of you like me whom have spent nothing but time are truly screwed out of everything.

Time is non-refundable.

So you're a freeloader, and we should care what you want why?
  • vrypowrfulvrypowrful Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    new server please.
  • h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why the hell would they do a whole wipe, when a simple rollback can fix it all?
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in the same boat as you. Between my wife and I, we spent close to $800. I support the wipe, but I want a full refund first. Then if the game doesn't have any game breaking bugs, I will slowly pump money back into it.
    h4wkeye101 wrote: »
    Why the hell would they do a whole wipe, when a simple rollback can fix it all?

A simple rollback will fix exploits done from day one? Hmm. Intriguing. I value your opinion and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    2WVxq.png

2WVyk.png

2WVz5.png

I've paid $2860. I don't support a roll-back as I run a business 14 hours a day and only have 2-3 hours to play and ****ing up my sleep schedule at times due to playing. :P I've finally gotten 2 characters with great gear, if it's wiped I'd definitely won't be back on this game.

=O

What a moron.:cool:
  • atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Now that we know the Economy is completely broken due to these exploits I am in favor of a complete and total wipe. Even though I spent alot of real life $$$ I support a game that doesn't have a broken economy and lets face it, any attempt at a piece meal fix will only leave gaps and some exploiters uneffected. The only sure fire fix is a total wipe and redo.

Besides this will have the benefit of making it easier to plan my expenditures.

look i support wipe also

but out of curiosity i must ask this > is there a chance that you were a hunter in wow?
  • worzabonkworzabonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Complete server wipe.

Keep Foundry quests intact, I'm sure that would be easily doable.

But with all of the exploits that have been going on over the past few weeks, I think its the only way to get some sort of level playing field. Even banning these current exploiters, their effect on the economy already has thrown in totally out of kilter, and it'll take a -very- long time for it to normalize, if ever. And those of us who -didn't- exploit, or didn't benefit from the exploiters themselves, we'll never catch up.

Server wipe. Refund zen to those who bought it. Lets start again and make this game as awesome as it should be.
  • twodollartwodollar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is my question? My friend is an Attorney and practices in the same county the're based in. We where just taking about the game in general and i asked him what if they wipe the server do they have to allow for people who bought zen to have the ability to get a refund of that money they spent instead of the zen reimbursement. He was unsure but if that is the case a complete wipe could be to costly on the direct bottom line if people ask for their money instead of just getting the zen back. You would think that a wipe decision would have to be made by their risk assessment team. I realize alot of people think players make all the decisions about a game but after all they are a business and a broke one means no game anyway. I think there porked either way. Anyway my 2cents.
    Please don't run. You will just die tired :)
  • qtpham2qtpham2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Now that we know the Economy is completely broken due to these exploits I am in favor of a complete and total wipe. Even though I spent alot of real life $$$ I support a game that doesn't have a broken economy and lets face it, any attempt at a piece meal fix will only leave gaps and some exploiters uneffected. The only sure fire fix is a total wipe and redo.

Besides this will have the benefit of making it easier to plan my expenditures.

I agree that there is a broken economy, but considering a full wipe will lose money and player. They will have to refund all the zen back to people that bought it since they were agreed upon that there will be no wipe. Even if the economy was broken, its your job to adapt to it and use it to your advantage. It wasn't hard to buy items that you needed or like Wards to 100% enchants. If you couldnt do this you probably were to low of a level to make enough money to buy these stuff or you just didn't know what you were doing. Items were high of price because of the rarity since it the dungeon was to hard and prices were low since the dungeons like spider lair. For example, Hats are expensive because of SP and armor are pretty cheap because of spider lair.
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    So you're a freeloader, and we should care what you want why?

The game is free. We are all freeloading.

Besides, I was stating a fact, not a demand.
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    The issue has existed since launch, just some exploiters over-exploited it recently and the cheat started getting really noticed. Ever wonder why the AD/Zen price has been stagnant almost since launch?
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vrypowrful wrote: »
    new server please.

What did that server ever do to you? That's cruel man... like throwing a lamb to a pack of wolves.

You hear that guys? They think you can't break a new economy... sounds like a challenge to me.
  • qtpham2qtpham2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    worzabonk wrote: »
    Complete server wipe.

Keep Foundry quests intact, I'm sure that would be easily doable.

But with all of the exploits that have been going on over the past few weeks, I think its the only way to get some sort of level playing field. Even banning these current exploiters, their effect on the economy already has thrown in totally out of kilter, and it'll take a -very- long time for it to normalize, if ever. And those of us who -didn't- exploit, or didn't benefit from the exploiters themselves, we'll never catch up.

Server wipe. Refund zen to those who bought it. Lets start again and make this game as awesome as it should be.
    Some of Zen are used as a chance such as keys. People buy keys to mostly get that nightmare mount. If someone bought 10 dollars worth a keys and got the mount and theres a wipe and retried it and didnt get a mount, It be completely unfair.
  • karmariuskarmarius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i don't really care how much money any of you spend on Zen. I've spent money too. And i don't support a wipe, i earn my AD legit and through playing the game, not gambling. I got 3 lvl 60 and 3 professions to 20... so no i don't support that. And no, there isn't any answer on Neverwinter's Twitter that shows a hint about a wipe. All you got is polite answers...

For every thread open about a wipe, there's a ton of people who doesn't even read forums, and does not support a wipe. People who write here a tiny piece of all Neverwinter's community. So your voice is louder, YES, but your opinion does not count at all, aswell as mine.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    twodollar wrote: »
    Here is my question? My friend is an Attorney and practices in the same county the're based in. We where just taking about the game in general and i asked him what if they wipe the server do they have to allow for people who bought zen to have the ability to get a refund of that money they spent instead of the zen reimbursement. He was unsure but if that is the case a complete wipe could be to costly on the direct bottom line if people ask for their money instead of just getting the zen back. You would think that a wipe decision would have to be made by their risk assessment team. I realize alot of people think players make all the decisions about a game but after all they are a business and a broke one means no game anyway. I think there porked either way. Anyway my 2cents.

But that's alright, because people just substitute time with money so it's fair... right?
  • h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am against a wipe too, because this can be fixed without wiping anything >_> It's called rollback.
  • sacred55sacred55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything you earned is now worthless, time is nothing as long as you're enjoying yourself.
  • helbourne63helbourne63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    The problem with a partial rollback is that where do you rollback to. This exploit was identified in early closed beta and reported by many with no action from Cryptic. I have spent money on zen like most of the player community (about $200 not including founders pack). In addition, I have two level 60 characters with T2 gear and maxed proffesions; yet I still would support a full wipe to ensure the longevity of the game. Otherwise, NWO will go the way of most of the other Cryptic games where the user base is almost nonexistant.
    Helbourne
    Hero of the North