test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I've spent $650 in Zen and I support a Complete Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a wipe. the economy has been proven to have been in a state of "broken" with inflated prices and people exploiting zen and ad. anyone who has spent a dollar on zen has the right to ask for a full refund.

for those that think there time is to valuable to wipe the last few weeks , all I can say is 1) it takes a day to hit 60, 2) its open beta and beta should always be wiped prior to a actual release due to such factors as incomplete and broken content which can make things easier or harder then should have been. things like this AD./Zen exploit is proof.
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Because of the invested game time. I go to uni and have a part-time job, my game time is valueable to me and having 3 weeks wiped clean is not acceptable. The auction house will recover sooner or later, there are enough AD sinks, but my 3 weeks will be gone forever.

Genau das, aehem.... exactly this, but many people here seem to have too much time since the only thing they are worried about is the money, which, surely, is valuable, too, but the time cannot be refunded.
  • Options
    gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    I have spent $0 real money dollars on the game and will not come back if there is a full wipe. I, unlike some others, have spent copious amounts of time and effort grinding for my gear and refuse to have that all for not.

Like the aforementioned post pointed out, the reason people that spent money want a wipe is because they'll get it back, simply re-acquire what they lost. Those of you like me whom have spent nothing but time are truly screwed out of everything.

Time is non-refundable.
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Because of the invested game time. I go to uni and have a part-time job, my game time is valueable to me and having 3 weeks wiped clean is not acceptable. The auction house will recover sooner or later, there are enough AD sinks, but my 3 weeks will be gone forever.

Genau das, aehem.... exactly this, but many people here seem to have too much time since the only thing they are worried about is the money, which, surely, is valuable, too, but the time cannot be refunded.
  • Options
    mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I think all the people calling for a wipe are folks that bought zen and exploited and are worried they will lose their account and purchased items/zen.

Why else would anyone want a wipe? I could care less if other people exploited. What I do care about is the time I spent getting what I have legitimately.
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    What moron would spend $650 bucks on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and the fact you dont care if you lose it all, just reinforces my view of there being a steady amount of suckers born every day. PWE loves people like you.
  • Options
    furushufurushu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Supporting the wipe, spent some money, like 20 € or something, it's JUST A BETA LOL, so a wipe should be expected if major exploit like that happens
  • Options
    mundusnovusmundusnovus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they were to wipe characters after real money has been spent on them, there would be some serious legal repercussions. Not to mention that it would be all over the internet.

Permanently ban the accounts who used the bug and rollback anyone profiting from it. Done.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mcmetal1 wrote: »
    I think all the people calling for a wipe are folks that bought zen and exploited and are worried they will lose their account and purchased items/zen.

Why else would anyone want a wipe? I could care less if other people exploited. What I do care about is the time I spent getting what I have legitimately.

Actually even if they do wipe, they will ban any accounts form the major exploiters. This would only matter of course if those exploiters had paid actual money for something.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    furushu wrote: »
    Supporting the wipe, spent some money, like 20 € or something, it's JUST A BETA LOL, so a wipe should be expected if major exploit like that happens

They promised no wipes. If they go back on this how many other things are they going to go back on? If they wipe the servers I'll feel lied to and betrayed as a customer. I'll have no faith or trust in the company. I'm not alone in this. They can fix this without a wipe. If they can't next big exploit what then? How about the one after that? Are they going to just keep periodically wiping the game?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a wipe. the economy has been proven to have been in a state of "broken" with inflated prices and people exploiting zen and ad. anyone who has spent a dollar on zen has the right to ask for a full refund.

for those that think there time is to valuable to wipe the last few weeks , all I can say is 1) it takes a day to hit 60, 2) its open beta and beta should always be wiped prior to a actual release due to such factors as incomplete and broken content which can make things easier or harder then should have been. things like this AD./Zen exploit is proof.

Especially then when it was OFFICIALLY stated that there will be no character wipes prior to April 25th and giving people things like 5 day head starts - get over it, this game was already soft-launched and beta does only mean that the can do maintenance whenever they want.
  • Options
    fromoverfromover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jordanneff wrote: »
    Character wipes would be one thing but if they wiped the entire servers, foundry stuff included, I would never play this game again. I've spent so much time in the foundry and the quest I'm making isn't even done, and there are others who have spent much much much more time than I have creating amazing foundry quests. For all that hard work to be gone would kill the majority of the creative community for this game.

There are many aspects to think of before calling for a wipe. Please think about that.

Agreed, however I believe that the foundry is completely unaffiliated with the currency of the game. There isn't any items that can can be bought to enhance or otherwise enable a player from creating content. So I'm sure the foundry will NOT be affected by any shard and/or character wipes. Furthermore, I believe that this is still beta and that a complete Shard wipe may be necessary to save the economy of the game. As long as the foundry quests are not affected and remain intact for each account.

If the Foundry is wiped then 2 weeks of designing goes down the drain. I would not like it but I would not stop playing. This game rocks and to quit playing and let the exploiters win, is just not my style. Just saying. . .
    Ultimately they will become empty, mindless spectres,
    Stripped of will and soul. Only their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for
    Vengeance...

~Neil Peart
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    I have spent $0 real money dollars on the game and will not come back if there is a full wipe. I, unlike some others, have spent copious amounts of time and effort grinding for my gear and refuse to have that all for not.

Like the aforementioned post pointed out, the reason people that spent money want a wipe is because they'll get it back, simply re-acquire what they lost. Those of you like me whom have spent nothing but time are truly screwed out of everything.

Time is non-refundable.
    Although by the same logic money=time, most of the us have to work for said money, using this thing called time.
  • Options
    revelantgamesrevelantgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that a wipe would satisfy some of the Neverwinter Online Community members who play and support the game. However, this maneuver can produce a drastic decrease in player morale and trust. A lot of effort and resources have been put into the game over the years. Utilizing a server-wide wipe in order to fix a solution could have crippling effects.

I for one, I tend to find people who have supported the launch and development of this game, for whatever reasons, like to receive benefits from their efforts instead of detriments. It is obvious that some action must be taken in order prevent any further impedance of an ever-growing and, what seems to be a daunting economy that continues to diminish within time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gaerolth wrote: »
    They promised no wipes. If they go back on this how many other things are they going to go back on? If they wipe the servers I'll feel lied to and betrayed as a customer. I'll have no faith or trust in the company. I'm not alone in this. They can fix this without a wipe. If they can't next big exploit what then? How about the one after that? Are they going to just keep periodically wiping the game?

Thank god there are still thinking people here - that is what I said a page earlier and got bashed by some moron calling me exploiter
    -.-
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I am a student who carefully chooses what games to invest time and money in, I do not/can not afford to throw away my few dollars like you do/can. I would request at least my Zen refunded.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Y'all are dropping WAY too much money on this game. $600-$1000? It cost me $750 to buy my own condo!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    Are you seriously going to compare work to play...

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
  • Options
    edrick1976edrick1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would be willing to start over but I want all my Zen back and refunded to my account OR I want my money back.
  • Options
    knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no knowledge of anything you guys speak of... I've been playing the game for two weeks. I'm leveled my GF to 52 and am having a blast. When I'm done with a particular area, I go sell my stuff off, check the auction house for gear closer to my level, and then talk to Sergeant Knox for the next area.

I didn't understand the exploits in D3 either and I played that to death. The question here is whether PW can prevent the exploits from occurring again. Blizzard hasn't been able to control their games and I doubt PW will be able to either. It's not that I don't have faith... It's just that cheaters and hackers are like a cancer. When you think you've figured out how to get rid of them, they'll be back with another method. And once you've done a wipe, and have egg all over your face, what do you tell your player base when another exploit is found?
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 5000 dollars in ZEN and I am agaisnt a wipe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2WVxq.png

2WVyk.png

2WVz5.png

I've paid $2860. I don't support a roll-back as I run a business 14 hours a day and only have 2-3 hours to play and ****ing up my sleep schedule at times due to playing. :P I've finally gotten 2 characters with great gear, if it's wiped I'd definitely won't be back on this game.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    knavery2112knavery2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no knowledge of anything you guys speak of... I've been playing the game for two weeks. I'm leveled my GF to 52 and am having a blast. When I'm done with a particular area, I go sell my stuff off, check the auction house for gear closer to my level, and then talk to Sergeant Knox for the next area.

I didn't understand the exploits in D3 either and I played that to death. The question here is whether PW can prevent the exploits from occurring again. Blizzard hasn't been able to control their games and I doubt PW will be able to either. It's not that I don't have faith... It's just that cheaters and hackers are like a cancer. When you think you've figured out how to get rid of them, they'll be back with another method. And once you've done a wipe, and have egg all over your face, what do you tell your player base when another exploit is found?
  • Options
    desjaydesjay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cubansyrus wrote: »
    on the plus for the wipe, it only takes 72 hours to reach lvl 60 blitzing quests

I'm happy for you that it "Only" takes 72 hours to reach level 60 blitzing quests.

I'm in a 2 year medical program and I now have 12 hour days in College, the people that support a Full Wipe obviously have the 72 or more hours to "blitz Quests", while I for one, will not.

My time is precious now and I'll be lucky to level once a week.
  • Options
    smognightsmognight Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Sry but i dont really care how much you Money you spend.. i put alot Time in this game. I also spend money on this game to be there where i stand now.
    They schould just ban those ppl that have so much zen and AD...and fin.

And if they do a wipe..you will see alot true customers leave this game.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2WVR5.png

2WVxq.png

2WVyk.png

2WVz5.png

I've paid $2860. I don't support a wipe as I run a business 14 hours a day and only have 2-3 hours to play and ****ing up my sleep schedule at times due to playing. :P I've finally gotten 2 characters with great gear, if it's wiped I'd definitely not be back on this game.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    edrick1976 wrote: »
    I would be willing to start over but I want all my Zen back and refunded to my account OR I want my money back.
    So much this. The REASON I was ok with spending money on zen was that it was posted long ago that there would be no more wipes.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Time is non-refundable.

I was just thinking, what if there was a wipe, but no refunds? Would be the only fair thing to do, aside from some pesky potential legal issues lol. But if everyone claims that P2W is fair because of substituting time for money, then that would actually prove it. :D
  • Options
    styxslethestyxslethe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First of all I am against a wipe.
    Second, just fix the game and rollback any exploiters

but its still Beta so, normally there will be a wipe in normal games when the release is going live, but with the zen is live in this open beta i wouldnt do a wipe and ofc keep the foundry, if they wipe the whole server lots of people will just leave the game.
  • Options
    lorgrenbeniruslorgrenbenirus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent some money in the game to buy Zen and my chars aren't that high level yet, one is almost 36 and another almost 20. And I don't think I'd agree with the wipe, I've spent enough time on these chars working up their gear without buying stuff (only used Zen to get the keys and a respec token). I've cleared though every map I've been on, been checking out every corner and niche, gathered as much lore as I could and I really can't be arsed to start it over again.

If there would be wipe, then it's quite possible I'd not play it again, though not only because of the wipe alone. I don't really like these so-called "free games", where the free stuff is so limited so you have to blow money and loads of it, over time, to get some benefits. Like bigger inventory space. More then 2 char slots. New classes/races/whatever. I like subscription based games more, I don't mind paying every month a specific amount of money as long as I "get it all". So I am right now something like 55 vs. 45 (not play vs. play) and the wipe would possibly raise the "not play" part up some more. Not too much but another 5 to 10 points easily.

If they do wipe I expect every single Zen returned to me immediately, with an option of a refund in money if I decide not to play this game anymore.