What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a thread with updated infomration?
    If so, what is the URL?

Their facebook page (being updated regularly): https://www.facebook.com/NeverWinterGame?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Their twitter page: https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 1h
    Update: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. (1/3)
    We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game. From this info we will take corrective action. (2/3
    )

Translation mass bannings and some form of rollback...I think how dumb it is that the exploiters are saying "You banned my account but missed my mules!!"

Do they not think the devs has access to or do not read Reddit?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    singedkittysingedkitty Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They might want to consider removing the "Become a Founder" banner from the forum until this is fixed.
  • Options
    lykanmonolythlykanmonolyth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for keeping the community up-to-date on the progress of the resolution. Look forward to playing some more Neverwinter once it is back up.
  • Options
    aberation42aberation42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regarding the question of "open beta" going to game release. It is a fairly common strategy (economic) for "free" to play games to stay in open beta essentially for the lifetime of the game. That being the case I suspect for this game, I can only conclude to not completely alter the economy the illegal AD and related Zen would need to be removed from the game. The problem isn't tracking down the "original offenders" that is an easy task. The real problem is tracking the AD to "innocent" accounts that may have received the proceeds from these secondary transactions i.e gifts.
  • Options
    alphretalphret Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what i wouldn't give for yahtzee over at zero punctuation to write a review for this game right now. it would be so funny beer would shoot out my nose! xD
  • Options
    geralt075geralt075 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urlafeina wrote: »
    I personally think anyone who has already spent REAL MONEY on a BETA is ****ing crazy. If you are stupid enough to have already spent real money on a game in BETA and you lose it...then tough titty. Anyone who has played an MMO in BETA knows that anything is possible...a wipe, a rollback; whatever to make the game RIGHT. I can't tell you how many BETAS I've played and before the game was released they did a complete wipe and I lost whatever progress on whatever character I had created. IT'S TO BE EXPECTED....

I've just got to say that if PWE made no money during this open beta period, there wouldn't be a final release. Just saying.
  • Options
    moldiver42moldiver42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will most likely quit if they do a full wipe. I only really progressed in things because they said their would not be one. I've spent tons of time and $ in the last few days and items that were on a limited time frame. Just logging in to craft, come back later to do again, repeat. It's fun and enjoyable , but if they wipe, it's just not worth redoing. I'll just uninstall. I've gotten the starter pack, I've bought zen. I have contributed to a well built game. But to start over not on my own accord, is enough to flat out stop playing
  • Options
    illuminariiilluminarii Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like I and others said in alpha countless times: this game was not ready for beta, close or open. We begged and pleaded to keep the testing going but it seems Cryptic was so money-hungry they released this game with it's soft launch because of it's name recognition. With us really barely testing it for only 5 hours 2 days a week before eventually adding in a 6 hour Saturday, we never fully got the time to test every aspect of the game, especially with them giving us a focus on one zone and then moving on to the next zone one week later. You could tell they were rushing and the quality-control was severely lacking because of it. That said, I am opposed to any kind of wipe. I worked for what I have, even though I am not yet halfway to 60. The time I have spent playing was precious as I only play when my girlfriend is able to make time. All our work together would be undone. Cryptic is just as much at fault as these cheaters are. Don't put out a product when your testers are telling you that it's not ready.

Don't get me started on the Foundry. That's a whole other mess that many authors won't be able to finish because Cryptic won't treat it the same as the main game by limiting the features that can be produced.
  • Options
    aberation42aberation42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regarding the question of "open beta" going to game release. It is a fairly common strategy (economic) for "free" to play games to stay in open beta essentially for the lifetime of the game. That being the case I suspect for this game, I can only conclude to not completely alter the economy the illegal AD and related Zen would need to be removed from the game. The problem isn't tracking down the "original offenders" that is an easy task. The real problem is tracking the AD to "innocent" accounts that may have received the proceeds from these secondary transactions i.e gifts.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xilinear wrote: »
    Problem solved !

catspv.png

LMFAO! Hilarious. +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    icehandfrostiicehandfrosti Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    parrish90 wrote: »
    His issue, dude, is that he's a foundry publisher and he doesn't want to see all his hard work wiped out. It's a significant issue for these guys. It's great content and the future of the game in a lot of ways. So, show him a little empathy.

Will they really be taking away our foundries if they do a wipe? Why can't they just wipe characters? I worked hard all weekend on my foundry! PWE will hear it in both ears if they wipe my foundry!!!!! **** it, this pisses me off thinking they may wipe my foundry. Take my skills, spells, AD, gold, lvls, experience, but for the love of all that his holy, don't take my foundry.
    NW-DULDNU5HG - A New Evil. ~15min Healthy balance of story and action.

@Daranar
    Adriana - 41 Control Wizard - 10 Tailor - 4 Leader - Mindflayer
    Daranar - 6 Guadian Fighter - Mindflayer
  • Options
    jackel4everjackel4ever Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This forum thread has to be the biggest "open mouth before engaging brain" commentary that I've ever read on a gaming forum. I personally have to say a huge Kudos to PW for taking down the servers in the first place, they loose money doing so. There's a lot of people calling for a wipe/rollback without the real knowledge of what that means;

1) If they do a full server-wipe they just ripped off everyone who has purchased zen for this game. Their paying customers. Why the hell would they do this to satisfy the hundreds/thousands who don't intend to spend a dime on this game?

2) If they do a rollback, they're going to be doing the same to their paying customers, but to a lesser extent. Again, not an option if they want to keep their paying customers paying.

The best way for them to solve this dilemma is to search the server logs for all accounts who have used and abused this exploit, cross-reference their IP addresses to find any extra accounts they might have, and ban the whole lot of them. Those who purchased items from these people (which isn't me) shouldn't be punished, because they had no way of knowing their purchase wasn't legit, unless it can be easily shown they were constantly dealing in exploited items. Once the players are dealt with, PW should fix the exploit and do the best they can to repair other economy damage.

Is it a perfect solution? No, but it's the only solution that will cause the least damage to the player base. The economy will still be broken for a while (then again, tell me 1 game who's economy isn't) but it should eventually sort itself out.
  • Options
    sickenme56sickenme56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    Got up this morning. Hopped on Neverwinter for most of the day once I got my morning stuff squared away around 10:30-ish. Hopped off to make dinner. Came back and tried to log back in:

Report_zps2afff950.png

Now I can't get ahold of customer support to try and get this thing straightened out. I don't know who used my account to do this, but I'm thinking it was someone on the forums since the "New Computer" e-mail came shortly after I made several posts about the exploit (not detailing it) getting people into trouble and customer support helping people out who had been screwed up by the people using this exploit.

I would really appreciate some help getting into contact with customer support, if it's viable, Community Team.

-Rachel-

I'm dying laughing...goodbye:)
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kripp's reaction to the AD Auction house exploit:

gHvzA.gif
  • Options
    blaueblume1blaueblume1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kitten's for currency. I'm in!
    xilinear wrote: »
    Problem solved !

catspv.png
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    His issue, dude, is that he's a foundry publisher and he doesn't want to see all his hard work wiped out. It's a significant issue for these guys. It's great content and the future of the game in a lot of ways. So, show him a little empathy.

Working on Foundry Quests myself, tyvm and I do have sympathy. Read all this guys posts. Always abrasive, always over the top and to tell someone to "go die" (and worse don't remember the whole rant), as he did in his post is immature and uncalled for.

There is no reason for a wipe, if it is necessary, to affect Foundry at all. He just likes to threaten with every post he makes. If he is going to leave for a necessary reset, then don't let the door hit him in the you know what on the way out.

A destroyed economy will affect the game much more as people will leave in exodus when they cannot afford the simplest of crafting materials or other items.
  • Options
    illuminariiilluminarii Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like I and others said in alpha countless times: this game was not ready for beta, close or open. We begged and pleaded to keep the testing going but it seems Cryptic was so money-hungry they released this game with it's soft launch because of it's name recognition. With us really barely testing it for only 5 hours 2 days a week before eventually adding in a 6 hour Saturday, we never fully got the time to test every aspect of the game, especially with them giving us a focus on one zone and then moving on to the next zone one week later. You could tell they were rushing and the quality-control was severely lacking because of it. That said, I am opposed to any kind of wipe. I worked for what I have, even though I am not yet halfway to 60. The time I have spent playing was precious as I only play when my girlfriend is able to make time. All our work together would be undone. Cryptic is just as much at fault as these cheaters are. Don't put out a product when your testers are telling you that it's not ready.

Don't get me started on the Foundry. That's a whole other mess that many authors won't be able to finish because Cryptic won't treat it the same as the main game by limiting the features that can be produced.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I want one
  • Options
    nicbec63nicbec63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drex8 wrote: »
    AMEN!

Calm down people. Go outside look at the birds.

It's raining...
  • Options
    exstremistexstremist Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they know how to find exploiters no need your help mr hero
  • Options
    kyazikyazi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    I read that and thought "so the only thing going to happen to people who used this exploit that destroyed the game world economy is a rollback". Not near enough of a punishment considering the damage done to the game.

im sure those accounts will be watched heavily for future exploits/bug abuses... if they aren't banning them that is ;o
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013

sort of off topic (if that can be said in this thread) but who "owns" the player made content? Does PWE own it, or does the player have some rights to it? Just curious as I have never really seen anything like the Foundry in other mmo's.
  • Options
    krehlmarkrehlmar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ROLLBACK for the love of all that is good...

AD can be used to buy/progress:

PROFESSION/CRAFTING
    GEAR
    PETS
    PETS LEVELS
    GOLD

The economy is ****ed on all fronts and if you CAN rollback every single account affected by the AD then go ahead, it'll spare me some hours of crafting.
    BUT; I would not accept letting half the scammers get away with lvl 20 crafting spewing out "Hero"'s and blacksmiths all over the place.
  • Options
    fluxus111fluxus111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    navvie69 wrote: »
    all they need to do is release the next tier of content and make the gear that drops BoP (at least the majority of it)
    then all the current gear will fall in price and the economy will normalize

^THIS^

Along with a simple search of accounts that have increased their AD/Zen by over 500% in the past week. I'm sure it's not difficult to separate the cheaters from the clueless (like me) that just want to play the game and could care less about the AH.

While they're busy making gear BOP, how about fixing the Need rolls to prevent people that can't use an item from rolling Need?
  • Options
    jaimetcjaimetc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disable negative amounts in AH > back up > life continues :)
  • Options
    wesley1985nlwesley1985nl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First fix the problem

Second rollback the chars that use exploits or ban them completely

Third if the ad problem is fixed give everyone there own Auction house item back if they put something on it so the auction house is empty.

So no rollback for anyone that didn't deserve it and they still have their ad and items they where selling they only need to put it on ah again.
  • Options
    hit3mhit3m Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback to a specific date, dont wipe the game. Querys and seartch of database can resolv alot, but will take time. If you wipe, reimburse the money spent.
  • Options
    psvplpsvpl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's the kind of business I'll think of in a future. Instead of hiring testers and paying them for their job, I will make them to pay me for privilege of testing my product :)

People, this is BETA, it's not a full product. The exploiters are not bad guys, they're helping to make quality final product (yes, shut server still pisses me off the same way as waiting for a patch for cyclic FPS stall). As hackers are making systems more and more secure and there are more and more paid security officers. And so on...
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twitter update:

Update: we're hoping to have more info for you soon, and are still working on the issue. Thanks so much for your patience!

This is so fecking worse than a teasing college sllutt!