test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The current situation, what would want them to do?

Comments

• vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    -Fix the current exploits
    -Make a new shard
    (-Wait for the next exploits)

And what do we do when they merge the shards as planned?

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • aveloxiaveloxi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I support a full wipe ONLY once everything is fixed and only if the Foundry is untouched. I've spent way too much time decorating my stuff to have it wiped. ;/
  • arkiiaarkiia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like I said before..Ill be "OK" with a wipe of my epicly geared toon and mount and stones if Crytpic would like to compensate me with a drow and spider mount. If I lose my hard earned well deserved pixelated rewards due to exploited bugs(and remember Cryptic is partly at fault) with no compensation, Ill simply take my rl $ elsewhere.

Know where you are coming from but reading someone say I'll take my RL$ elsewhere in a game that costs nothing is just ironically funny.
  • dwg38dwg38 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Targeted roll backs/bans for violators is really the only reasonable solution.

My POV: I just started playing this game (highest character is only lvl 39), and I love the mechanics, gameplay, foundry system, etc. I have yet to find the perfect game, but this one is quite good and I will continue playing (and paying for Zen if I have a need for something, although so far I've only spent $25).

Yes, it totally sucks that a buttload of essentially counterfeit currency got dumped on the game server, but it's not the first time that happened in a game environment and it won't be the last. More to the point, it has happened in real-world economies too, and we should look at how those economies recovered/dealt with it for a solution to this one.

A full wipe would have far-reaching consequences and would drive good players away from the game, and besides, it's like using a warhammer to drive a pin-nail: unnecessary collateral damage. Yes, it's a huge problem - I'm not minimizing that - real money was involved in some cases for some players and they feel cheated. However, to those people I say "I feel your pain, I really do, but read your EULA carefully, take a deep breath, and consider the big picture."

A new/clean server might not be a bad idea, also.
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    why is it funny that I have cash to spend on zen to buy enchanted keys and occasionally spend that zen on AD when enchanting armor that I ran legit dungeons for and you don't?why is that funny? :D
  • armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    72 hrs for infinite pirate runs. Are you serious? This is a punishment? Then what? 240 hours for AH exploiting?
  • emal83emal83 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe is the only way
    skitch.png
  • llhaomarulllllhaomarulll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban and anal punishment
  • brsmccainbrsmccain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a founder and I fully support a wipe; without a wipe I have no confidence in the economy. This game is obviously heavily reliant on a vibrant in-game economy. I would suggest that you provide a bit of sugar with the medicine however. For everyone that had a lvl 60 (which will be most) allow them to roll a new level 60.
  • xrennybxrennyb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Wouldnt mind a wipe, with zen purchased being refunded, bans being handed out, and people being compensated for their time/effort being reset. Something similar to the "cheater's lament" from tf2 where anyone that was involved/participated in the exploit would not be allowed any compensation.
  • itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think they should wipe everything except character lvls/achievements and foundry content, people should be able to farm gear again even if naked with some effort (refund the real money spenders obviuesly...)

Also they should give every active account that they could not trace for being related to this a free ion stone pet ore a cat that has a tittle saying "i got wiped", it would be a unique somehow unable to be purchased and would be considered an "enduring feat" if u have one and are stil playing :')
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    An exploiter claims to have made almost six thousand dollars selling his ill gotten AD to gold seller sites.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

Maybe its just me but I play the game to have fun and pretty much play in a story (much like how reading a great book enables you to visualize the story) When did it come down to people trying to screw others constantly? Yes, they have a real cash shop in beta but so what..They do need money to further the game and make a good game great. That does take money. Cryptic has to pay there employes and developers and so I dont mind buying a few things here and there, especially knowing that the more cash that people put in the better the game will be,..example more money to cryptic equals more game content. It takes money to keep servers up and workers paid.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    An exploiter claims to have made almost six thousand dollars selling his ill gotten AD to gold seller sites.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

Maybe its just me but I play the game to have fun and pretty much play in a story (much like how reading a great book enables you to visualize the story) When did it come down to people trying to screw others constantly? Yes, they have a real cash shop in beta but so what..They do need money to further the game and make a good game great. That does take money. Cryptic/pw has to pay there employes and developers and so I don't mind buying a few things here and there, especially knowing that the more cash that people put in the better the game will be,..example more money to pw equals more game content. It takes money to keep servers up and workers paid.
  • fenixintheskyfenixinthesky Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the people who voted for complete wipe most likely do not have much to lose. The majority of the players are casual players and do not have much to lose if a wipe were to occur. If you argue that you have spent money on zen, go away because that is NOTHING compared to the incredible amount of hours I spent on market to make the 120+ million I have now. It is NOTHING compared to the full t2 I farmed in t2 dungeons/bought from market with legitimately made AD.

Bottom line the "casual" player's voice do not need to be AS taken into consideration compared to that of the hardcore gamers' like myself. I spent way too much time to accept a full wipe to occur ESPECIALLY when there are other PROVEN ways that this problem can be fixed. Just the other ways are a bit more tedious and time consuming. PLEASE stop listening to the majority of taking the EASY LAZY way out.
    edited May 2013
    I have no idea why that posted twice.. sorry, my bad
  • pimpinaintezpimpinaintez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give us a full wipe. And a few weeks of increased astral diamonds, experience, and item drops to compensate for the screw up, and inconvienence to the community. As well as making sure all zen purchased or received through surveys is put back on the accounts
  • omfgvexeromfgvexer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    orioxtheg wrote: »
    The exploits started the first hour this game went into open beta. 1 million damage exploits to 1 shot all bosses. farming T2 bosses without needing to redo the dungeon. AH exploits. You name it. The only rollback that will "fix" things is if they rollback to April 25th.

This man speaks the truth +1
    edited May 2013
    Just becouse people bought zen doesnt mean they havnt played as much or more than you
  • omfgvexeromfgvexer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunetly its traditionally the casual players that spend the most amount of money in the real money stores and all the hardcore players usually p;lay the game for about 18 hours a day for 2 or 3 weeks, burn out or get bored and move on to consume another game and dont spend much money at all.
    edited May 2013
    If you are smart you can have the power to balance the market and equalize the economy like myself. Some of you may know me "Fenix" in game on the Dragon server. I made all the t3 weapons go from 600k-1mill AD to 6 million to 8 million AD. Dragon economy is not screwed as people make it seem.
  • armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    If you are smart you can have the power to balance the market and equalize the economy like myself. Some of you may know me "Fenix" in game on the Dragon server. I made all the t3 weapons go from 600k-1mill AD to 6 million to 8 million AD. Dragon economy is not screwed as people make it seem.

Your millions means nothing when compared to billions.
    edited May 2013
    Play time does not matter... it is WHAT you do with the play time that matters... as myself. I stayed consistently vigilant in the market and I have dungeoned like crazy. It is what you do with the time that you play that matters... not the time itself. Those people who stay productive through all their time played are getting SCREWED with a wipe.
  • amyciaamycia Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I m for a wipe too, let s say it was a looong closed beta, refund zen purchase with real money from the web site and founders pack, and lets start over,take your time to make a good game,even if it takes a week or 2,and make new launch (with pre start for founders) make T1 and T2 set with seal a bit better than the drops so it gives more life to game cause it will take more time to be full T2 set,just make drop more seals as the dungeon is more harder,make them bounds to account,make the drops bounds and without gold value (the epic ones not the green or blue),lower the price of some in game items cause it s really too much (like upgrade a mount) i ve a lvl 60 10k rogue on dragon,i got guardian pack, i was lvl up a new one on beholder to play with friend,i don t mind xp again to 60 cause i like the game, let s say it s a free respec :p,but i don t like all the bug exploit till now and feel frustrated, the one shot farmer, the afk pvp farmer, the pirate boss respawn farmer, the fact that the poor tank are useless cause most of group play with 2 ae blue from 2 cleric as god mode,just make this ae not accumulative (the second one would have not effect) cause also used in pvp,guys are invincible inside it, the gear score system is bad (some full blue set gives more points than epic ones,i know a guys has 12k GS with only 1 purple armor) and people are inviting into group the biggest GS so some people without guild to play with feeled like they had to buy armor at the farmer before to go play dungeon cause noone was inviting them,), queue group is bad (4 rogues 1 mage for epic dungeon if we queue,make it like on rift with role (at least 1 tank 1 heal) and now i learn about this AH exploit, that is not since a few day but since start, rollback and ban is useless,please do a full wipe and new release, with ranger bard paladin and warlock maybe? :) and a present for the one who played fairly this last month,like a 24 bag ^^ i don t care about banning pple who used bug exploit if there is a wipe cause they ll have to start over the good way, they exploited because you did many mistakes, take your time to fix that plz, thank you. Sorry for my bad english,i speak french.
    edited May 2013
    Im a hardcore player and play hours a day and plan to stay..regardless
  • tommy6packtommy6pack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the people who voted for complete wipe most likely do not have much to lose. The majority of the players are casual players and do not have much to lose if a wipe were to occur. If you argue that you have spent money on zen, go away because that is NOTHING compared to the incredible amount of hours I spent on market to make the 120+ million I have now. It is NOTHING compared to the full t2 I farmed in t2 dungeons/bought from market with legitimately made AD.

Bottom line the "casual" player's voice do not need to be AS taken into consideration compared to that of the hardcore gamers' like myself. I spent way too much time to accept a full wipe to occur ESPECIALLY when there are other PROVEN ways that this problem can be fixed. Just the other ways are a bit more tedious and time consuming. PLEASE stop listening to the majority of taking the EASY LAZY way out.

Your so full of it.
    I've worked hard and long to get where I am now and I say wipe as the economy has been infiltrated since the onset. This bug is identical to the one in Star Trek Online AH and it deserves to be wiped out of existence. The economy has been damaged since beta started. If you were truly a die hard player, you'd know it did NOT take you that long to reach 60. I made 45 in 2 days. So don't whine about how much time you spent. Pay attention to Game Breaking issues such as, oh I don't know, the completely ruined economy. This game is economy based, not level based.
  • notsoevildmnotsoevildm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No wipe. Permabans for the exploiters.
  • dwg38dwg38 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I concur. The majority panicking over a perceived economic problem is what caused the crash the US economy in 1928. IRL, there are no "wipes," just targeted prosecution of violations. Why should a "fake" economy be any exception? Sh@t happens. Sometimes you invest millions in companies that go belly up, sometimes people intentionally try to destroy a market with similar shenanigans (like in Asia in the 90s). That's the risk you take when you engage in the market as a consumer.
  • jesterdavidxjesterdavidx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having played through the first 20 levels of the game twice already, I have NO desire to see that content again. It was bland the first time, and painful the second. If they wipe or rollback I'm going to have to walk away from the game.
  • lynxwirelynxwire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop the Beta, revert it back to Alpha and start over.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x5hades wrote: »
    Wipe all assets everything, amour,weapons, crafting assets, bags you name it!

Refund all legit paid for with real money ZEN.

Keep levels gained.

Insert a NPC that gives out stock amour and weapons at your level for free that is bound on pickup.

This gets rid of all ill gotten gains without rolling back levels. (keep crafting levels)

Oh, yeah, that would be even more brilliant. Wipe out all the items gained from quests (12 & 18 slot bags, green & blue crafting assets from the Doomguard's Duty quest), but leave the characters still leveled/etc so that they can't reclaim those things.

That's worse than a wipe.

----
    edit: and for the people saying "oh, I've got some characters 20-30, it's just a couple hours to get that back".... yeah, sure, if you're a serious speed-leveler. Me, my lv30ish characters are up to a day each. My 48 is well over a day. Yes, I've played too much the past couple weeks.