test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    twylightpriest12twylightpriest12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World, you have an awesome game. I have spent hours playing, leveling up my characters and my professions. To me it has all been a labor of love. I'm willing to give my time and attention to your dynamic creations. To that end, if a reset, or reroll is what is needed to cure the exploits of those who are attempting to destroy the game in progress: DO IT. I do not mind starting over. I do not cheat, there is no need when you are doing a thing you love. The zen I have managed to gather, I have done so by doing surveys, I really do not mind doing it again if that's what it takes to stop cheating pieces of trash. Those who claim they'll 'go play another game' are free to do so. They really haven't invested anything of value to the game anyway. I am a dedicated fan, and I am sure there are a LOT of others like me out there. So I'll say it again, if you need to wipe the servers and make us start over, so be it! Its all for the better, afterall a master work is not created over night. To those who will whine and cry about lost 'work'... whaaa go elsewhere you are not needed or desired.
  • Options
    vulcan111vulcan111 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drezs wrote: »
    Not ROLLBACK,WIPE is the best way for fix it !!!!

Unfortunatly this is the only way possible now to restore trust that PWE really got all the cheaters. Not to do so would be like the IRS saying they got every loophole person, people wouldnt beleive it!

Only way to restore faith in this game is a wipe, and retun everyones Zen and founder packs that were paid for with real money!

To not do so would shake the faith of the economy to such a degree that would fail this game before it even starts, it would be an age of conan launch.
  • Options
    shodanasrshodanasr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry but the award for worst MMO launch ever is still hands down SWTOR. Game breaking bugs that had been reported since alpha testing, made it through beta, release, and some have yet to be fixed to this day. Broken dungeons mechanics, instagib zones in pvp that let one person **** an entire team, glitched areas on a map that can crash your game so hard you have to hard reset your comp.

Stop talking BS. TOR had a very smooth launch ,in the EU at least, with minimal problems. TOR had and still has it's shortcomings but a poor launch was not one of them.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I am relieved that the possibility of a rollback is back on the table. I feel that it is the only sensible solution, even though it's one that will not please everyone. But I would rather lose the hours I spent leveling alts over the past couple days than have the AD that I paid hundreds of dollars for to become completely devalued.

That Cat that everyone now got for free before the server shutdown? I paid $27 for mine (bought the Zen and converted them). I trusted that the currency system would be closely monitored and heavily tested, which is why I invested money. Bugs happen, but since there is real money involved, reverting the results of a bug like this (even if it means a rollback) is the only approach. In the end, it is, and should be, about the money. (I can also think of other solutions that would work for me, such as having all the Zen restored that I converted to AD.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    killsmallchildr1killsmallchildr1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronoch wrote: »
    Why are people talking about a full wipe? Does that mean Everything is gone and u you start over from day 1? No way would I continue to play this game...lol i have 2 60's with almost max crafting in 2 profs, no way in hell would i support a FULL wipe. Why can't they just reroll back 2 days or so to fix the issue? just seems kinda ignorant to wipe everything.

It is ignorant to assume this exploit is new. It has been going on for weeks. Dont be ignorant.
  • Options
    y0l0peepsy0l0peeps Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /\ THIS.

Just perma-ban who exploit.

and then they create a new account, simple as getting a new network card or spoofing mac address, and requesting a new ip from thier ISP. it's not hard. bans never stop anyone... just look at gold farmers...
  • Options
    williamtreatywilliamtreaty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhass22 wrote: »
    What IS going on? What's this about an exploit?

~Weekend Gamer

If someone could give a brief answer to this I would appreciate it as well.
  • Options
    startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Well damned if they do (wipe) and damned if they don't, its the nature of the beast, because people will complain no matter which course they chooser to fix the issues.
  • Options
    silvr04silvr04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well ill be quitting this game for sure.... what a waste of time
  • Options
    rawsome83rawsome83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    magillio wrote: »
    I too vote for a complete wipe. The people that uninstall the game afterwards will all be the ones that probablt abused bugs and exploits in the game anyway, so good! Even from all the effort that i've put into my character I still vote for complete whipe just because it pisses me off that people cheat there way to obtaining the best stuff, I'd rather start all over again knowing that the items people have etc are all earned the proper away.

That has to be the most stupid accusation i've heard all **** day! If I'm getting my character wiped and rage-uninstall this, i'm full within my rights to do so without being framed as a cheater. Having spent weeks playing this game and end-game, and to get it all wiped clean to the bone is absurd! Anyone with a common sense would be upset about that!! Just because some punks were exploiting a bug.. How about doing the right thing: Finding the bug, fixing it and weeding out the guys who actually did it and punish THEM instead!? Fanboys like you make me wanna punch a kitten xD
    Mayor of herp derp town.
  • Options
    bambooziebamboozie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not a zen/ad wipe? to be honest the majority of exploited AD is probably still either in AD or Zen. Just wipe it all!

Reset the AD from founders and any zen which we have purchased. Yes it doesn't account for stuff we have purchased with AD/Zen but that's a tiny loss for them opposed to the amount of players they'd upset from a full wipe (if thats required!)

Just hard to imagine the amount of work trying to track all of that AD if at all even possible.

Kinda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>/pointless if you think about since a lot of people spend their money through this i doubt it will happen. If they wipe all zen/ad, people who bought the foundry pack or something and zen would want to get their money back.
  • Options
    ronochronoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    dizmalone wrote: »
    I agree. It isn't fair to those of us who haven't cheated to get ahead in the game. We have put a lot of time and effort into our characters, to have it wiped because someone else didn't want to work for what they got. Identify the exploiters and wipe their accounts and put the AD on their accounts back in the game where it belongs. Doing any roll back really shouldn't be necessary. Ban the cheaters, make an account of the AD that they have on their accounts, put the AD back in the game...Its not like that isnt possible...Its a digital world.

People that say this are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, why is it so hard to understand that the people who DID exploit opened up AD for EVERYONE else to get and hoard stuff to sell at a later date once everything has cooled down. The ONLY way to fix this is a rollback, a wipe isn't needed. Just go back 2 days or so and fix the problem, solved.
  • Options
    davemingdaveming Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started playing at the 3rd Beta Weekend, I played everyday, I cried when I got f**** up in pvp just to have my pvp gears, I pvped naked and killed players on it. I invested money on mountain dew, burrito, bags of coffee, I slept 2.5 hours a day and mostly took a break for like 2 mins just to take shayt or pee. I played every single day. ITS OK FOR ME TO HAVE A FULL WIPE. It's the only way to make the game better and make the problems go away.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Banning certain geographical regions, such as Brazil, Russia, China, Maxico etc. known for having no laws against internet crime, would solve this issue instantly.

Good idea but poorly executed... lol

2/10
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I sure hope they look into the profiteers of this problem. There are some people that used the influx of AD currency as a way to charge obscene amounts of AD for items, and people who used the exploit paid for it. Now theres double the people benefiting. I saw a stream today with someone that had 90 million AD, it was on twitch. I hope those people are looked into because someone with that much AD, at least this early on, can corner the market in every way.
  • Options
    parrish90parrish90 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    babizokah wrote: »
    Exploits must be laughing a lot reading people talk about server wipe being the only solution. "Oh look, i have the power not only to ruin economy but to ruin everyone's game and even make them think wiping out is the solution, like i care if that happens. I'll just go look for some other exploit after wipe/rollback so i can ruin some more MWWHAHAH"

Ya, unfortunately. This is PKing on a massive scale. Illegitimate offspring are probably enjoying the hell out of themselves right now, high 5-ing their buds and bros and talking trash about how great they are. I say PW should use the nuclear option: send those electron-eating nannoites down the pipe to eat the heart out of their computers. We know you have them! Fight back, PW!
  • Options
    ronochronoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    dizmalone wrote: »
    I agree. It isn't fair to those of us who haven't cheated to get ahead in the game. We have put a lot of time and effort into our characters, to have it wiped because someone else didn't want to work for what they got. Identify the exploiters and wipe their accounts and put the AD on their accounts back in the game where it belongs. Doing any roll back really shouldn't be necessary. Ban the cheaters, make an account of the AD that they have on their accounts, put the AD back in the game...Its not like that isnt possible...Its a digital world.

People that say this are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, why is it so hard to understand that the people who DID exploit opened up AD for EVERYONE else to get and hoard stuff to sell at a later date once everything has cooled down. The ONLY way to fix this is a rollback, a wipe isn't needed. Just go back 2 days or so and fix the problem, solved.
  • Options
    rubtherobrubtherob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe teaches exploiters that they can ruin everyone's progress and fun.

trust me, they acctually know that.
    they just don't care.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why anyone would object to a game wipe and a full refund to accounts that made purchases of zen or founder items. After all, it's just beta right? You have no right to expect your character to remain viable during a beta, right?
    Sure you put some time in, so what? it's just beta, right? Other games running betas right now such as marvel heroes, will be wiping before they go live.
    in fact seeing as the game is not launched and in testing you should have prepared yourself for the loss of the characters and been happy to have helped in the game testing and submitting bugs for. That happens in beta, right?
    The only people who would be negatively affected after a server wipe would be those who bought gold and AD from the gold sellers because you can't get that back. And we don't care about that do we, right?

If I understand the exploit correctly then items for sale were purchased in a manner that gave the buyer AD but the seller did not get the value of the item. What if that item was purchased with Zen that was in turn purchased with cash? Surely that's theft? Cryptic are opening themselves up to some serious litigation if it an be proven that their incompetence has adversely affected the wallets of their customers. And i'm a Brit, we don't even have a mindset to sue people at every opportunity.
    You may say Cryptic could not have been responsible for the exploit but they sure are responsible for the remedy. The game is screwed. Start again and move on, you are entitled to keep nothing. It's beta, right?
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    killsmallchildr1killsmallchildr1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

There was an exploit that has been in the game for weeks where you could make a negative auction posting. IF you bis on it you got that much AD. So people did this with -300000000 AD and got literally billions of diamonds in clicks. Well last night someone told the whole community and it exploded. Everyone started exploiting it and the economy went crazy. The Zen market sold out and cats were being sold for billions of diamonds to launder money to cover tracks.
  • Options
    kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only used ADE twice as i needed something, never bought enything from AH.. tried once but was kinda waste of D's, more checking AH for item names. So hopefully no wrong person roll backs!
  • Options
    kanel321kanel321 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am NOT okay with a rollback of any sort to my character. I have not cheated. I leveled up my character alongside my friends. The main reason we gave the game a try was due to the fact that our characters would not be wiped. You can search the forums and see the admins stating this. If they wipe my account then i'm done. If they wipe the accounts of those who cheated then i'm okay with that . You don't punish the whole class because of a few delinquents.
  • Options
    silvr04silvr04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its prolly the mexicans
  • Options
    druftiexdruftiex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Which exploit? there have been quite a few gamebreaking and economy wrecking exploits that PWI has done NOTHING about.
    This current one is about people buying stuff from AH with negative amount and gaining millions and billions with that and then spreading the wealth tho whole server hence breaking the whole economy.
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rollback won't work. This exploit have been since day 1 and ppl who used it just kept it to themselves. So this situation requires a complete wipe.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    mmartine1mmartine1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say we nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    brotherlytechbrotherlytech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how some people are screaming for "No rollback, No wipe."
    Even if they ban all the exploiters(which is impossible,) The effects of these exploits will remain in the economy for weeks, even months after.
    The only way to fix this, is to resolve the issue, and ensure that they aren't repeatable, and then do a full wipe. This will clear ALL the ill-gotten ad/items which may be spread out over tens of thousands of accounts.
    This is the ONLY way to fix the issues from these exploits.
  • Options
    williamtreatywilliamtreaty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was an exploit that has been in the game for weeks where you could make a negative auction posting. IF you bis on it you got that much AD. So people did this with -300000000 AD and got literally billions of diamonds in clicks. Well last night someone told the whole community and it exploded. Everyone started exploiting it and the economy went crazy. The Zen market sold out and cats were being sold for billions of diamonds to launder money to cover tracks.

Thank you. Seems unfortunate and kind of silly.
  • Options
    nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    am0nr3x wrote: »
    You guys really need to stop calling this beta. We're not in beta any more:

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Look at the list of games. Look at Neverwinter. There is an 'L' next to it. That stands for Live, as in released. If this was still Open Beta, there would be an 'O' next to it, as per the legend right above the list of games.

This game is Live. It's released. This isn't beta.

Yet the facebook page states open beta. PW really need to clarify on this point. Which is it?
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts