What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    tcorneliu01tcorneliu01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lolz, did today 38-46 lvling + some blue items... it would suck to start over it...

anyway what was the bug? what was all that with those cats :/
  • Options
    vfieryabyssvvfieryabyssv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe means I'm gone.
    As mentioned, wipe and rollback is for sh!ty private servers not for a serious game. Punish all exploiders and no wipe, innocent players shouldn't suffer because of your flaws in the game.

Anyhow I hope you guys solve this and it turns out well.

Unless they wipe then they are just continuing to hurt the "innocent players". No amount of rollbacks or bans will ever get rid of all the ad and zen that is now stockpiled by the exploiters. They'll simply wait for this to blow over then destroy the market once again with huge influxes of ad, zen, and gold.

A wipe is the only way to maintain a stable game, playerbase, and economy
  • Options
    lcraw78lcraw78 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    SERVER WIPE thats the only fix some people will leave yes but it will be better for the long run.
  • Options
    vfieryabyssvvfieryabyssv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe means I'm gone.
    As mentioned, wipe and rollback is for sh!ty private servers not for a serious game. Punish all exploiders and no wipe, innocent players shouldn't suffer because of your flaws in the game.

Anyhow I hope you guys solve this and it turns out well.

Unless they wipe then they are just continuing to hurt the "innocent players". No amount of rollbacks or bans will ever get rid of all the ad and zen that is now stockpiled by the exploiters. They'll simply wait for this to blow over then destroy the market once again with huge influxes of ad, zen, and gold.

A wipe is the only way to maintain a stable game, playerbase, and economy
  • Options
    drokadenkkdrokadenkk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If someone could give a brief answer to this I would appreciate it as well.

AH exploit allowed people to post negative starting bids. Made a bunch of astral diamonds pop out of thin air, people bought everything in the game and crashed the economy in a matter of hours
  • Options
    williamtreatywilliamtreaty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apologies, I accidentally double posted.
  • Options
    tcorneliu01tcorneliu01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lolz, did today 38-46 lvling + some blue items... it would suck to start over it...

****, double post.
    ty killsmallchildr1!
  • Options
    fu19bar69ukfu19bar69uk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World, you have an awesome game. I have spent hours playing, leveling up my characters and my professions. To me it has all been a labor of love. I'm willing to give my time and attention to your dynamic creations. To that end, if a reset, or reroll is what is needed to cure the exploits of those who are attempting to destroy the game in progress: DO IT. I do not mind starting over. I do not cheat, there is no need when you are doing a thing you love. The zen I have managed to gather, I have done so by doing surveys, I really do not mind doing it again if that's what it takes to stop cheating pieces of trash. Those who claim they'll 'go play another game' are free to do so. They really haven't invested anything of value to the game anyway. I am a dedicated fan, and I am sure there are a LOT of others like me out there. So I'll say it again, if you need to wipe the servers and make us start over, so be it! Its all for the better, afterall a master work is not created over night. To those who will whine and cry about lost 'work'... whaaa go elsewhere you are not needed or desired.

Totally agree with you twylightpriest. A reset is the best way to go.
  • Options
    lotharlocnarlotharlocnar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :mad:To begin with this game would really "like" to be Dungeons and Dragons based..so far it seems it is in titles and monster/places/class names only, rather than a real roll the die to see the outcome of various actions. also is this even 4.0 rule system? Most of us would like to have the 3.5 rule or Pathfinder rule system. Seems since Gary and Dave passed away various companies have been eager but alas unprepared to actually take on the great legacy of Dungeons and Dragons.Where are all the classes/skills/abilities, racial or otherwise of Dungeons and Dragons?:cool:

Life is too short to drink cheap beer!!!
    Life's Too short to drink cheap beer!!
  • Options
    peekabu1peekabu1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe many people paid money to get actual stuff from Zen market and etc. and it's pity that some exploits were used, but what kind of rollbacks are u talking about, i spent 2 weeks leveling up my hero, playing 12 - 16 hours a day, everyday, and during last few days I was literally maxed, doing CN runs only, like 4 - 5 a day and getting loot in a fair way. And now I will loose all my stuff?!?

Please do some personal investigations, as circumstances vary from case to case. If u gonna wipe or rollback the whole server, everyone will quit this game. Majority of those as me at least, who are professional and old school players.
  • Options
    silvr04silvr04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game is DONE... not gonna make everyone happy and will lose half of economy either way
  • Options
    nomex3nomex3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronoch wrote: »
    People that say this are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, why is it so hard to understand that the people who DID exploit opened up AD for EVERYONE else to get and hoard stuff to sell at a later date once everything has cooled down. The ONLY way to fix this is a rollback, a wipe isn't needed. Just go back 2 days or so and fix the problem, solved.

It would be easier to ban all the exploiters by ip address to get rid of their alt accounts unless they made a proxy for each alt. Then do select rollbacks on people that made a large amount of AD today. Then it only affects those that paid rl money for the hackers ADs. The others would only lose a days worth of work.
  • Options
    nomex3nomex3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronoch wrote: »
    People that say this are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, why is it so hard to understand that the people who DID exploit opened up AD for EVERYONE else to get and hoard stuff to sell at a later date once everything has cooled down. The ONLY way to fix this is a rollback, a wipe isn't needed. Just go back 2 days or so and fix the problem, solved.

It would be easier to ban all the exploiters by ip address to get rid of their alt accounts unless they made a proxy for each alt. Then do select rollbacks on people that made a large amount of AD today. Then it only affects those that paid rl money for the hackers ADs. The others would only lose a days worth of work.
  • Options
    drex8drex8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perfect World, you have an awesome game. I have spent hours playing, leveling up my characters and my professions. To me it has all been a labor of love. I'm willing to give my time and attention to your dynamic creations. To that end, if a reset, or reroll is what is needed to cure the exploits of those who are attempting to destroy the game in progress: DO IT. I do not mind starting over. I do not cheat, there is no need when you are doing a thing you love. The zen I have managed to gather, I have done so by doing surveys, I really do not mind doing it again if that's what it takes to stop cheating pieces of trash. Those who claim they'll 'go play another game' are free to do so. They really haven't invested anything of value to the game anyway. I am a dedicated fan, and I am sure there are a LOT of others like me out there. So I'll say it again, if you need to wipe the servers and make us start over, so be it! Its all for the better, afterall a master work is not created over night. To those who will whine and cry about lost 'work'... whaaa go elsewhere you are not needed or desired.

AMEN!

Calm down people. Go outside look at the birds.
  • Options
    maikishadowmaikishadow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AGREED!! Seems they have hired alot of underpayed developers that reflect that.
  • Options
    grantedgranted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet the facebook page states open beta. PW really need to clarify on this point. Which is it?

:D
    I'm just going to go out an say it... Both need to read... Forums and site still say "Open Beta" go back to the main forums page and see what it states... back in mid April... They haven't made any comments on LIVE...
  • Options
    doomdealadoomdeala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found this on another site forum http://s3.postimg.org/eg8vxtmur/lulz.jpg. It seems to me that Cryptic does not have the staff to locate all the exploiters and fix this issue. I have never even received a response on trouble tickets. I'm guessing they will wipe, and that will be the end of my Neverwinter Online experience. A refund on my founders package and zen purchaces would be nice.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No, just Schroedinger's cat...

• Options
    nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a lot of support for a full wipe here from Founders (like myself) and paying ZEN customers (like myself).
    Seems that honest people are happy to take a whack to give the cheaters a good spanking :cool:
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • Options
    steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for keeping us updated.

PS: I hope you nail the exploiters to the wall (permanent ban).
  • Options
    supajustifiedsupajustified Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I'd really like to see is the ability to view/edit your character while the "interactivity" servers are down?? Anybody else?
  • Options
    sykotikkytensykotikkyten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exploit apparently had something to do with negative bids on the AH.

For people saying they only stated that it would be character specific rollbacks, l2read.
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Update 12PM Pacific: We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
  • Options
    davemingdaveming Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now they are screwed. IP ban them!!
  • Options
    kethronkethron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drex8 wrote: »
    AMEN!

Calm down people. Go outside look at the birds.

That's a pretty cruel thing to say to someone with Ornithophobia.
  • Options
    hydr3dhydr3d Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stoop1620 wrote: »
    This is Beta, just reset everything if you have to.

you must be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    well, us long time gamers realize that when a game company charges 199.00 for the best op stuff in the game and has a cut off date it is trying to get the money as fast as possible and then get out.
  • Options
    ruex128ruex128 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those **** cats did this all!

I'm all for a reset as long as I get my AD back for purchasing my founders pack..... I bought a rock companion thinking I could have two active companions at a time. Wasted my AD for zen to get it and messed up, so if a reset fixes my dumb *** mistake I'm all for it lol
  • Options
    sinfellesinfelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a Hero of the North Founder's Pack buyer, I'm 200 bucks into this game. It was done to help support the development and overall life of the game. I'm in it for the long haul. This said, an exploit like this rocks the foundation of the enjoyment of this game. Some of that Founder's Pack money went into AD and many people have also purchased Zen with real money. With the conversion of Zen/AD, there is a tie to real money. Any mass exploit like this ruins the value of that Zen/AD that was purchased with real money. We all know that given time, people would earn AD and this would change, but to have this sort of massive influx of illegal monies into a game that is partially driven by real money is just terrible. Why pay for extra AD in a Founder's Pack if somebody can abuse the AH and make ten times as much money with this exploit. Why run any of the dailies or professions for AD if you can exploit the AH? In addition, those with massive amounts of AD/Zen can then sell/exchange for top tier items (which are mostly BOE I've seen) and totally skip everything. This completely subverts the whole game. One exploit and they can have tons of zen/AD/gold and top tier gear. What's left? This is a severe issue and a rollback, although one solution, in my opinion is just not enough. Plus, I don't see how they are realistically going to track all abusers and every last transaction down without over or under doing it. This all said, I'm in full support of a full wipe. While I will lament the loss of all progress to date, I have been enjoying the rest of this game enough to be willing to start over. Please PW consider all the ramifications of this exploit before coming to your decision.