test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• rogerveerogervee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I highly doubt there will be a wipe. Likewise the economy will heal fairly quickly. It's kinda like the AFK PvPing in a way, they fixed it right away, and sure some people got a fair amount of free EXP and Glory at the expense of innocent players that wanted a fair chance to play and win.

However remember, this is not the first exploit like this. In STO I can count probably 9-10 exploits with the dilithium to zen market that was heavily abused and still they never wiped. The economy will stabilize within a week, and quite soon AD will naturally stabilize around 100-170 AD to Zen, just like STO. The only thing that will cause fluctuation will be patches and new content in which zen sellers will hike prices or AD buyers will buy even more heavily.

People will be banned, and caught. All of them? No. In reality the people who found the exploit probably were smart enough to launder it through characters to make it difficult to trace. But I highly doubt there will be a wipe, I am confident there is no irreparable economic damage, and am sure people will not rage quit over this, oh yes they will threaten but in the end, they won't. Especially if they invested money into it, which remember is final sale and final commitment to the game.
  • xrayopticxrayoptic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will lose a lot of players ? .. only those who played for free anyway .. and be honest who cares about those ?
    Their concern is in keeping those who pay happy because it they will have a feeling that they got scammed its GAME OVER .
  • moshpet02moshpet02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe and refund the Zen purchased from Perfect World. Fixes the problem and the issue of a completely fubared economy.
    While I do not wish anyone to lose a job, how can a good coder miss a -(-1) type of error? <uch less not have a check to see if a negative value was entered?

(From what I am given to understand this has happened twice now?)

M.
  • killsmallchildr1killsmallchildr1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This exploit has been used for weeks.
  • bigglesviibigglesvii Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Lol, I stated playing 36hrs ago, I've spent nearly 24hrs getting to level 15. I hope they only target the exploiters if they do a roll back. That said if they did a complete rollback I would do it all again but I would be spending so much time on the game as a result.
    Looking for reviews please:
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Blackdagger: NW-DEPMC17EW
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Rothe Valley: NW-DD3FM9CHY
    Foundry - Valindra Dispersal - Helm's Hold: NW-DG17WKDTC (NEW)
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure those who use real cash dotn mind rollback - you get allthe zen back (lost to upgradeing and keys etc) and can retry and buy... and you get urself u pand runnign really fast with best items.

But those who spent insane amount of time grinding diamonds for zen will get 0 refund.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe I'm lvl 60 TR 9.5 GS and I'm glad i didn't pay any money yet and if wipe will solve this problem do it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys really need to stop calling this beta. We're not in beta any more:

http://www.perfectworld.com/

Look at the list of games. Look at Neverwinter. There is an 'L' next to it. That stands for Live, as in released. If this was still Open Beta, there would be an 'O' next to it, as per the legend right above the list of games.

This game is Live. It's released. This isn't beta.
  • babizokahbabizokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploits must be laughing a lot reading people talk about server wipe being the only solution. "Oh look, i have the power not only to ruin economy but to ruin everyone's game and even make them think wiping out is the solution, like i care if that happens. I'll just go look for some other exploit after wipe/rollback so i can ruin some more MWWHAHAH"
  • argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe would carry some serious bad PR, but they could make up for it by showering us with goodies, and honestly I think a full wipe is the only way to correct a problem of this magnitude.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all of you complaining about how this glitch has been going on since day one and THE ONLY WAY to fix it is to wipe the servers... How many of you actually REPORTED this game breaking exploit before it blew up the economy?

If you knew about it and didn't report it, you are PART OF THE PROBLEM.

If you knew about it and DID report it, then it falls on PW's shoulders.

i suspect you were too busy exploiting it to report it, though.

Whether or not a wipe/rollback happens, you have no one to blame but yourselves.
  • drezsdrezs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not ROLLBACK,WIPE is the best way for fix it !!!!
  • grantedgranted Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this just shows that people don't understand it is an OPEN BETA... most of us who are on the forums who aren't complaining or a bunch of whining idiots are sitting back laughing at you tools for complaining... Get a life...

Go play with your kids outside, go do your homework, go work a job, work out, be productive have patience and above all else stop your blathering moroness... It's lowering my IQ just reading these forums...

Flame on kiddos flame on... let the trolls begin lmao...
  • dizmalonedizmalone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    myschaella wrote: »
    No full wipe. I invested a lot of time and money into my account. I have not cheated or even ninja'd any loot, though I have had a lot ninja'd from me.
    PWE or Cyptic need to identify the cheats and do a lfetime computer ID and ISP ban on them. Rolling back specific accounts is rubbish cheats should be punished properly not in a half assed way, the majority of us that do not cheat should not suffer because of these idiots, even if it means taking the servers offline for 24 or 48hrs while they identify all the idiots and gold sellers involved.
    As a Founder I will be seriously pissed if they do a roll back on any of us who were not part of this fiasco.

I agree. It isn't fair to those of us who haven't cheated to get ahead in the game. We have put a lot of time and effort into our characters, to have it wiped because someone else didn't want to work for what they got. Identify the exploiters and wipe their accounts and put the AD on their accounts back in the game where it belongs. Doing any roll back really shouldn't be necessary. Ban the cheaters, make an account of the AD that they have on their accounts, put the AD back in the game...Its not like that isnt possible...Its a digital world.
  • nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not a zen/ad wipe? to be honest the majority of exploited AD is probably still either in AD or Zen. Just wipe it all!.

Because the first thing any player who had access to free AD would do, is to buy the best kit available, why should they get to keep top T" armor weapons and runes? Full wipe all way, if you can do this without resetting XP, all the better.
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • magilliomagillio Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I too vote for a complete wipe. The people that uninstall the game afterwards will all be the ones that probablt abused bugs and exploits in the game anyway, so good! Even from all the effort that i've put into my character I still vote for complete whipe just because it pisses me off that people cheat there way to obtaining the best stuff, I'd rather start all over again knowing that the items people have etc are all earned the proper away.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I HATE player who did that. They ruin games. Two days ago a was lev 58 and in this weekend I played hard to reach lev 60 doing two whole maps, skirmishes and dungeons. I really hate to lost this progress and to understand I have waste my time. I think a solution can be:

1) Ban FOREVER accounts who used AD exploit or any other exploit (oneshot boss ecc...)
    2) Ban FOREVER any account who traded anything with accounts who used AD exploit: this is necessary to ban also multiple accounts of that players who used exploits.
    3) Make a rollback of 48 hours ONLY concerning the ADs
  • ronochronoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    Why are people talking about a full wipe? Does that mean Everything is gone and u you start over from day 1? No way would I continue to play this game...lol i have 2 60's with almost max crafting in 2 profs, no way in hell would i support a FULL wipe. Why can't they just reroll back 2 days or so to fix the issue? just seems kinda ignorant to wipe everything.
  • dbytesdbytes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who purchased Zen and the Founders pack I am also in support of a Wipe and have the AH shutdown until the bugs are resolved. Im glad they shut down the shards to look into this further .. I could not justify even playing today with this hanging over our heads. Ill be back to start over again if its a wipe.
  • willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    The Amin said, there is a likelihood of Character-Specific Wipes, meaning only those who exploited will be wiped or rolled back, and extra AD will be tried to removed...
    For now, we can say, both those wanting wipes and those not wanting will be satisfied unless ofcorse you are one of the exploiters.
  • jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    It's a double edged sword, and no matter what they do or don't do they're going to lose players and get a lot of whining.

If they do nothing except just fix the bug the economy will be f'ed indefinitely.
    If they roll back even 24 hours many people will be upset and leave.
    If they take back the coin from the legitemate players who had real auctions up that were paid for with dirty AD by exploiters, that's not exactly fair either. People will leave.

There's no 'right' way to handle this. No matter what this is a cluster. There will be attrition.

And to the people saying it was the players we should be mad at, I'm sorry but no. It's the game. People who took advantage weren't as much at fault for doing it as it was the shoddy development. While it only became widely known in the past 24 hours, I've heard from many sources that this exploit had been available for WEEKS.
  • savagermt1savagermt1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rollback? omg! my 5g, 46s, 23c NOOOOOOO!!! /cry /suicide
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what systems PW/Cryptic may have in place, but I do agree that if this has been going on and the economy is totally borked, then a full wipe appears, to me, to be the best option. I just hope that if they do, then at least give us all something to make up for the time lost (other than the good memories). Good luck PW/Cryptic, I wish you the best on handling this situation.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not a zen/ad wipe? to be honest the majority of exploited AD is probably still either in AD or Zen. Just wipe it all!.

Because the first thing any player who had access to free AD would do, is to buy the best kit available, why should they get to keep the best armor weapons and runes? Full wipe all way, if you can do this without resetting XP, all the better.
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • rhass22rhass22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »
    ...especially people who only play the weekend and have no clue what's going on.

What IS going on? What's this about an exploit?

~Weekend Gamer
  • sweetpeabluesweetpeablue Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The question is how many changes to systems are they going to do? In it going to be a complete roll back of the shard or what?
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhibee wrote: »
    I have to say I am disgusted and disappointed by all your players out there who can do nothing but complain and degrade the Neverwinter team. I see this in games all over and every time it sickens me. Many of you are complaining about the lack of information, reject the idea of "reviewing and collecting data", and doom-saying the game and the economy while pointing the finger at PW and claiming they are benefiting. To these I state the following:

1. From all I have seen from this team since the Open Beta launch, they are on the ball about providing all the information they can as soon as they can. Game building is a complicated process, please be patient.

2. Unless you are of have been a professional dev for an MMO, you cannot know what it is they are dealing with or the processes that go with it. Trust them to do their jobs. Our place in the open beta is not to hurl accusations and complain about the progress but to provide *CONSTRUCTIVE* criticism and report issues.

3.PW has nothing to gain by a completely broken game economy. To lose the bulk of your player base before launch is the stuff nightmares are made of. Not only does it put a short expiration date on the game, but reflects badly on the company itself and all future endeavors.

I have complete faith that the PW Neverwinter team will do everything within their power to find the source of the issue(s), resolve them, and come up with solutions to repair the negative effects on game play and economy. I also commend them for their open and up to date communication regarding issues and their resolutions. I could never do what they do. And I certainly could never be a CM/Forum Admin because of all the ill-mannered, ignorant, impatient players out there who have no encouraging or kind words to say about anything.

I very seldom post in forums (or read them for that matter- forum trolls anger me). So this is likely the only such reply you will see.

THANK YOU DEVS, CM'S, ADMINS, and all you players who actually have something productive to say.

/rant

Well said sir...

Like the Path of Exile guys they appear to be an exceptional team when it comes to their communication with the community it cannot be faulted.

Although how a large scale economy disaster issue like this is dealt with will really give us an idea of good they are.
  • someoneaklsjduiasomeoneaklsjduia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    teldara wrote: »
    TL;DR: No roll backs will happen. Have fun!

There won't be a rollback as far as we can tell. "Gathering data" is pointless. There's no need together data. The data is in their face.

What's the point gathering data then a day down the road they decide to roll back. People lose 12+ hours of game play and especially people who only play the weekend and have no clue what's going on. That's going to effect them more than the rest of us on here who are weary not to get on.

hence why they must gather data...
  • theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    xrayoptic wrote: »
    They will lose a lot of players ? .. only those who played for free anyway .. and be honest who cares about those ?
    Their concern is in keeping those who pay happy because it they will have a feeling that they got scammed its GAME OVER .

You should care about the free players. They're filling out your groups, populating your pvp, and buying your stuff in the auction house. If you lose all the free players this game would be a wasteland.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    babizokah wrote: »
    Exploits must be laughing a lot reading people talk about server wipe being the only solution. "Oh look, i have the power not only to ruin economy but to ruin everyone's game and even make them think wiping out is the solution, like i care if that happens. I'll just go look for some other exploit after wipe/rollback so i can ruin some more MWWHAHAH"

lol so sad and you think you're super cool you pathetic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]