test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    peppermint9peppermint9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. ONLY if you exploited the system.....
  • Options
    kalcipher1kalcipher1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only reason the admin is concerned about AD is because of the Zen exchange. This affects their pocketbooks! If it didn't, this would just be looked at as another glitch... which they could write off as a beta issue.
  • Options
    toomuchstufftoomuchstuff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im just happy they took the servers down shortly after it happened and not 2 days later like forsaken world's Nova Pack fiasco. An entire weekend of gameplay was lost thanks to that and weeks after they were still having server problems because of it. So, in short, good job on doing it sooner rather then later.
  • Options
    taurnilelensartaurnilelensar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a Founder and I agree with the the peeps say, we need a wipe. I know that all real world money purchases are tracked. It would be easy to give us all back what we have purchased with real money. I'm not saying give us back the cash. A wipe would be the most fair thing to do. Otherwise the ingame economy would totally collapse. If that happens the gold farmers will win out in the end. Because peeps will not trust the in game economy. The attitude will be "why should I buy zen? this guy over here may have gotten his items with ill gotten gain why can't I? A wipe will send a message.
    If anyone on TV tells you they can make life fair they are liars!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    gitchygirlgitchygirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As to the rollbacks...that happens if someone exploits...no big deal, it will make you a better fighter to do it again. But does anyone have any idea when the servers will be back? Are we thinking like 3pm PST/6pm EST?
  • Options
    hydr3dhydr3d Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What kinda idiots would do a full wipe? they will lose alot of their players, and i for one better get my zen back
  • Options
    gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol it just become public today, who said they started exploiting today
  • Options
    starhawke86starhawke86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe means I'm gone.
    As mentioned, wipe and rollback is for sh!ty private servers not for a serious game. Punish all exploiders and no wipe, innocent players shouldn't suffer because of your flaws in the game.

Anyhow I hope you guys solve this and it turns out well.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I can say is:

"Not Ready for Prime Time"

This is hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    vfieryabyssvvfieryabyssv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a real problem rationalizing how something like this occurs. This is a HUGE error. If this turns out to be a wipe then Neverwinter could very well take Age of Conan's place as the worst MMO launch in history.

Sorry but the award for worst MMO launch ever is still hands down SWTOR. Game breaking bugs that had been reported since alpha testing, made it through beta, release, and some have yet to be fixed to this day. Broken dungeons mechanics, instagib zones in pvp that let one person **** an entire team, glitched areas on a map that can crash your game so hard you have to hard reset your comp.
  • Options
    stoop1620stoop1620 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is Beta, just reset everything if you have to.
  • Options
    silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Last night, I didn't see any items in the auction house that were being sold for a "-" amount, however this morning though, everywhere I looked in the auction house there were. Now it seems that CATS are being treated as currency when they were not last night.

From what I've seen, a 16-24 hour rollback would work.

I admit that like most, I'm not a big fan for rollbacks, but I do support them in cases like this.

So what if I lose some items or levels, everything can be replaced even if it does take a little extra time.

As for how people act during this time, it a perfect time to analyze the morals and principles...or lack there of... of players.
  • Options
    starhawke86starhawke86 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe means I'm gone.
    As mentioned, wipe and rollback is for sh!ty private servers not for a serious game. Punish all exploiders and no wipe, innocent players shouldn't suffer because of your flaws in the game.

Anyhow I hope you guys solve this and it turns out well.
  • Options
    ahkronnemesisahkronnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find amusing the word Ban and Perma-ban on this game.

With exception for those that invested real money on an account, baning for x time or forever is useless since a new email account is enough to get a new game account.

It'll be a data-mining hell to track everything that was bought with those ADs. Seems like this has become viral now, but it's been used for some time, judging by some comment around this thread.
    Checking who made bids of negative value shouldn't be hard, but tracking every Zen bought, every AD item/companion bought and sold for gold or transfered to another char, tracking every key bought and every item got through those keys will be hell.

I do not envy PWs position atm. They have no good choice to pick from.
    [Campaign] Into the Heart of Time (NWS-DLSK763NH) by @ahkronnemesis
    Chapter I - The Cult of Kairos (NW-DJFINX9KB)
    Chapter II - The Halls of Mortality (NW-DOE3ZC671)
    Chapter III - Paradox ( Soon )
  • Options
    gonnymgonnym Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So the people that used the bug won't be banned, just rolled back?
  • Options
    ahkronnemesisahkronnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find amusing the word Ban and Perma-ban on this game.

With exception for those that invested real money on an account, baning for x time or forever is useless since a new email account is enough to get a new game account.

It'll be a data-mining hell to track everything that was bought with those ADs. Seems like this has become viral now, but it's been used for some time, judging by some comment around this thread.
    Checking who made bids of negative value shouldn't be hard, but tracking every Zen bought, every AD item/companion bought and sold for gold or transfered to another char, tracking every key bought and every item got through those keys will be hell.

I do not envy PWs position atm. They have no good choice to pick from.
    [Campaign] Into the Heart of Time (NWS-DLSK763NH) by @ahkronnemesis
    Chapter I - The Cult of Kairos (NW-DJFINX9KB)
    Chapter II - The Halls of Mortality (NW-DOE3ZC671)
    Chapter III - Paradox ( Soon )
  • Options
    aliradreamwalkeraliradreamwalker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do a full wipe, I hope like hades they give us a freakin Ranger class AND refund the zen bought. I can accept a rollback, even though it means all the questing I've done this weekend was a waste of time... seriously starting to hate Helm's Hold other than the imps. Imps are fun. Even then, I doubt it will make much difference in the long run because like other mmo's... exploiters will still find a way to cause trouble.
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i dont mind the servers off for even 1 week just fix stuff
  • Options
    rhynkrhynk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not about the AD or the cheaters anymore... they whole game economy and market got screwed. In the last hours that the servers where open i have seen people(legit people, not cheaters) buying cats for gold or buying ZEN items or AH T2 for GOLDS, The cheaters detroyed the whole AD /ZEN / GOLD economy but then alot of people got nearly free stuff for cheap gold or even just free stuff.

The only solution right now is a full 48/72h rollback, if not, then wipe the servers on launch or make new fresh servers on launch.
  • Options
    matumatu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want this to be fixed without a rollback if posible, thank you.
  • Options
    lyaleilyalei Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though I'm lvl 43 I'm up for a complete wipe of the system, i know it hurts - but it's seems the best solution at the moment.
  • Options
    tredotredo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Doing a wipe would prove that this is a real beta test and not just some pr excuse. They won't though, because it isn't :)

It'll just be a short rollback. Not the biggest thing in the world and it can work really well. Alternatively this will go into the history books as the worst (beta)launch ever.

Love this idea.... TOTAL WIPE! Fresh start with the dup issue fixed, refund anyones money that spent RL monies to get Zen or after wipe put the zen back to the accounts that purchased it.

Easy fix... do it the right way Cryptic!!
  • Options
    rhibeerhibee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say I am disgusted and disappointed by all your players out there who can do nothing but complain and degrade the Neverwinter team. I see this in games all over and every time it sickens me. Many of you are complaining about the lack of information, reject the idea of "reviewing and collecting data", and doom-saying the game and the economy while pointing the finger at PW and claiming they are benefiting. To these I state the following:

1. From all I have seen from this team since the Open Beta launch, they are on the ball about providing all the information they can as soon as they can. Game building is a complicated process, please be patient.

2. Unless you are of have been a professional dev for an MMO, you cannot know what it is they are dealing with or the processes that go with it. Trust them to do their jobs. Our place in the open beta is not to hurl accusations and complain about the progress but to provide *CONSTRUCTIVE* criticism and report issues.

3.PW has nothing to gain by a completely broken game economy. To lose the bulk of your player base before launch is the stuff nightmares are made of. Not only does it put a short expiration date on the game, but reflects badly on the company itself and all future endeavors.

I have complete faith that the PW Neverwinter team will do everything within their power to find the source of the issue(s), resolve them, and come up with solutions to repair the negative effects on game play and economy. I also commend them for their open and up to date communication regarding issues and their resolutions. I could never do what they do. And I certainly could never be a CM/Forum Admin because of all the ill-mannered, ignorant, impatient players out there who have no encouraging or kind words to say about anything.

I very seldom post in forums (or read them for that matter- forum trolls anger me). So this is likely the only such reply you will see.

THANK YOU DEVS, CM'S, ADMINS, and all you players who actually have something productive to say.

/rant
  • Options
    xrayopticxrayoptic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will lose a lot of players ? .. only those who played for free anyway .. and be honest who cares about those ?
    Their concern is in keeping those who pay happy because it they will have a feeling that they got scammed its GAME OVER .
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay cryptic...

Wipe it. I accept that. Im also a founder and guardian, i will lose five level 20+ characters, and a lot of cool stuff but..

I understand that for the greater good of the economy, we NEED the wipe and fixes applied.

Id rather play again from the start, with my refunded Zen and AD from my packs, on a fresh server with these serious problems fixed and everybody starting again, nobody able to use the foundry glitch to 60, nobody able to use the farm glitchs to get gear to sell, andn obody able to be absolute trillionaires with AD (plus guilds that may have done such)

Than be in the mess we have at the moment.

Ive a lot of hours into this game, im not going to quit just cos a wipe happened.

Oh, and by the way: Thanks for the game, its quite enjoyable despite peoples efforts to ruin it. Hey, if you do the wipe can you restart us all with sidekick feature so we can party with lower level freinds? :3
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about full gear + AD wipe, but keep the toons and get Zen refunds? Then give green level gear for every character to star with. I could easily live with that.
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    jay84721 wrote: »
    My two cents: If it means getting rid of the economic imbalance and counterfeit currency, then, by all means, reset everything. Make everyone start from scratch, and teach those horrid cheaters a lesson! It'll make them think twice before exploiting another bug.

agreed 100%

If there was a way to fix the economy and punish the wrongdoers without a wipe, that would be preferred. But, I do not think it is possible.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    borneol wrote: »
    Doing a wipe would prove that this is a real beta test and not just some pr excuse. They won't though, because it isn't :)

This is a fairly prevalent opinion within the game, I hear this several times every day in chat, yet bugs are being fixed, and patches released, often several times a day. I have not personally made up my mind on whether this claim is true, although any soft response on an issue like this that clearly warrants a full reset would certainly not reflect well.
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • Options
    gmajorplayzgmajorplayz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not a zen/ad wipe? to be honest the majority of exploited AD is probably still either in AD or Zen. Just wipe it all!

Reset the AD from founders and any zen which we have purchased. Yes it doesn't account for stuff we have purchased with AD/Zen but that's a tiny loss for them opposed to the amount of players they'd upset from a full wipe (if thats required!)

Just hard to imagine the amount of work trying to track all of that AD if at all even possible.
  • Options
    gitchygirlgitchygirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, with free games and those that have been paid, someone always makes a cheat. There are those that all they want to do is try and break the code, then there are those that just want to play and enjoy some down time. This is not new to the gaming world, started way back in Diablo, and has progressed to even the newest Games like Rift. Server roll backs, yeah they happen, do you lose game play, yeah that happens too. But if you are a gamer, then you take this in stride. Don't be angry at the writers, be upset with those that did the exploit. If you must start over, so be it, I too am going to lose all the points, equipment, and maybe even Zen I actually paid for. But am I upset, not really, i had 45 minutes to grab a dungeon, oh well maybe i will get some time again tomorrow. Cheer up...it is only a game!