test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a genuine player who has not taken advantage of these exploits, If I have to loose all my kit and even start from scratch to make sure that cheaters loose their ill gotten gains then I am happy to do so. I would however, expect all the zen that I have purchased through paypal to be reinstated.
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • Options
    rufinus122rufinus122 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    here is what should happen. on lunch when all the bugs and exploits are fixed, do a full wipe on everything. punish those who were using the exploits, refund zen to people who paid with real money aka credit card buyers,refund all founders packs items,ad,mounts,pets etc. although i made allot of ad by doing daily's and selling stuff in the ah i don't mind losing it all to make the game fair and balance again.
  • Options
    gimpinatorgimpinator Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    If you think they're going to wipe the server, you should probably get your brain checked; You're a moron and a candidate for a Darwin Award.

With that said, the best possible outcome at this point is a 24hour rollback.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guy's a full wipe is the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idea I've ever heard, it's like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Clearly a little rollback is the way forward...
  • Options
    vulcan111vulcan111 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you do a rollback, i want all the zen i purchased originaly with my credit card returned to me!
  • Options
    kurokazeptkurokazept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although I gotta admit, I worked hard to get my 1000 zen through ingame currency, farmed the hell out of professions, farmed LOADs of nodes... And god knows what... Would really enjoy it not to be lost... I mean it was a legitimately hard work got Zen x.x

Otherwise, I'm good with it tho x.x
  • Options
    myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No full wipe. I invested a lot of time and money into my account. I have not cheated or even ninja'd any loot, though I have had a lot ninja'd from me.
    PWE or Cyptic need to identify the cheats and do a lfetime computer ID and ISP ban on them. Rolling back specific accounts is rubbish cheats should be punished properly not in a half assed way, the majority of us that do not cheat should not suffer because of these idiots, even if it means taking the servers offline for 24 or 48hrs while they identify all the idiots and gold sellers involved.
    As a Founder I will be seriously pissed if they do a roll back on any of us who were not part of this fiasco.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This, to me is almost like a bank saying, we didn't know that if you went up to the ATM and press certain buttons, money come out.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • Options
    larsonslarsons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they will doo rollback 100% thats pwe thing they did on they games when thing is like this was so they will doo same with neverwinter andi am glad this cheaters get bans no need players like this on this game . it will be hard too loose 30 lvl up but still good RollBack
  • Options
    daikiraikoidaikiraikoi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nodic3 wrote: »
    For me personally, I can accept that some people are goign to be ahead of me no matter what. I'd rather just avoid having the last however many hours of my game time erased. I had taken a day off work to enjoy the game and relax a bit, it would be a slap in the face to have it 'rolled back' :(.

Exactly!

And wait, are they really dropping the shard?
  • Options
    exstremistexstremist Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don!t need full wipe, only try to find exploiters and DELETE their characters and well done !
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    I don't mind a little rollback, but will the work I have done on my Foundry mission be affected?
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a 1-2 day wipe would mean i would lose my character completely - and if at that poinjt, as a new player i woudl have to start from scratch, from tutorial and lose the last 15h+ game time... ill just uninstall and play something else.
  • Options
    beta2459beta2459 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just been tweeted... Update: the shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon

Any server wipe would be good in my eyes, reset to a known state - yes i'll lose my 5 toons all 40+ but its only time... AND all the $$ I spend i'll get back in Zen anyway
  • Options
    mithon81mithon81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rufinus122 wrote: »
    here is what should happen. on lunch when all the bugs and exploits are fixed, do a full wipe on everything. punish those who were using the exploits, refund zen to people who paid with real money aka credit card buyers,refund all founders packs items,ad,mounts,pets etc. although i made allot of ad by doing daily's and selling stuff in the ah i don't mind losing it all to make the game fair and balance again.

That's what I've been thinking all along as well. Though if they want, they could rather than wipe all the toons, simply remove all the stuff, giving them some rudimentary items appropriate for starting at each characters level. Ie. if you have a decked out 60, be given sufficient items that you can start doing the dungeons and pvp for your level, meaning blues and greens.
  • Options
    y0l0peepsy0l0peeps Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, server wipe, ffs no, if you havent participated in exploiting you shouldnt have your character wiped because someone else cheated, there are other ways of resolving this issue.

sadly, the exploit went viral, across all shards, and many of us sat there and watched as everyone crammed in to sell stuff and trade ad to zen. it seems so wide spread, I am afraid, not much less can be done to fix it other than a complete wipe. Refund all purchased Zen, and Reset all accounts refunding all founders AD and start over. And as an open beta goes, despite the promise of no wipes, it's still beta and doo doo happens, I am not totally against the wipe and I have level 60 cleric with profession progression. Sad as I am that all this has happened, and hate to loose all my hard work... I'd rather wipe than have an economy that is fubared for months. It's already hard enough to farm your gear, now buying the occational piece will be insanely expensive as AD has NO, ZERO, NONE, NADA value.
  • Options
    unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why a full wipe ... characters with average or lower total value should be OK ... PWE can track $$$ spent on my account to see if it is legit.

Only necessary to rollback the chars where the total value is too high ... big issue for the gold spammers though, bet lots of folks will want their money back, and no way is PWE gonna repay them for the diamonds they take out.
  • Options
    parrish90parrish90 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They did the right thing by shutting down the game. People were off-loading their diamonds, driving up zen prices, and flooding the servers with diamond cats. From a certain perspective, this isn't just cheating, it's larceny. By converting AD to zen, then buying from the zen store, exploiters are stealing from PW. Moreover, if they are unable to right things, remove AD cats and other items purchased with exploited AD, it will be months, if not years, before the game balance is restored.

They may be able to data-mine their way out of this, they may not. They'll find those who used it and those people will be perma-banned. PW has no reason whatsoever to let people who stole from them continue to play their game. Those who benefited from it by accepting or being given gear and companions purchased with the stolen loot will likely be temp banned. And the rest of us can just hope that the game gets up and running and the community isn't permanently damaged by this.

You can blame PW all you want, but it was players who wanted a short-term lulz or to financially profit who did this. They are the ones you should be angry with. This kind of horse manure is not okay.
  • Options
    draconianumdraconianum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe teaches exploiters that they can ruin everyone's progress and fun.
    /\ THIS.

Just perma-ban who exploit.
  • Options
    jay84721jay84721 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My two cents: If it means getting rid of the economic imbalance and counterfeit currency, then, by all means, reset everything. Make everyone start from scratch, and teach those horrid cheaters a lesson! It'll make them think twice before exploiting another bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature made by me
    Want one? PM me!
  • Options
    carter2o3carter2o3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That exploit was going on for at nearly a day. By the time the AH went down, EVERY SINGLE auction had negative values in them. People that posted any item in the AH got absolutely NOTHING for them because if an exploiter hit their auction with the bug, the exploiter could make a billion AD off a single auction while the person who was honest and had nothing to do with it and just wanted to sell their items got absolutely NOTHING for it.

How about all the exploiters that have bought items like cats and mounts and gave them away to people? What about those exploiters that bought said items and asked for gold in exchange?

The economy right now is GONE. ABSOLUTELY GONE. There's people running around with rank 9 runes and Greater runes. A few hours before the AH went down, and even before everything was set to negative values, people were selling their items for TENS of millions of AD.

The Zen market crashed as well. There was no Zen to be purchased at all in all servers. Half a million orders to buy Zen at 500 AD a pop because exploiters were buying out all the Zen from the store.

The ONLY way to remedy the situation is the do a 24 hour rollback on all the servers. Look at the gateway logs, because there were also a few individuals that was using the exploit before it was known to everyone within these past 24 hours.

I understand dealing with the exploiters will take time, it won't happen overnight, but we NEED a 24 hour rollback on all characters. Otherwise, this game will be officially dead.

This. R.B. or RiP
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    skrikarn wrote: »
    One solution is full wipe and full rinbursement of real life money to players.

That's not a solution. That completely ****s anyone who worked in game for their gear and AD. Grind out some t2 legit? Grats! Now do it again with no compensation at all.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    jetizinjetizin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    There may/will be rollbacks of everything? Toon level progress? Crafting progress? Money progress only?
    Should I even play at this point? Or will I lose any progress? May? Will? Etc.?

This post could be so much more informative.

Common read what they wrote, They said specific account rollbacks, for those accounts taking advantage of the exploit. So if you were not using the exploit they are not planning on rolling you back.
  • Options
    killsmallchildr1killsmallchildr1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This exploit has been used for weeks.
  • Options
    gokcaygokcay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should wipe all ad over 200k and give ad of founders back only. That's only way as this is exploited more than a week there are pics from last week and before on the internet, and i have seen ah with minus values last week as well.
  • Options
    xrayopticxrayoptic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously if the don't wipe not a single person will entrust them with their money again .
    Why would anyone sane want to convert real USD/EUR for totally useless and exploited in game currency ?
    I bought founders pack and i got a feeling that I've been cheated .
  • Options
    kyazikyazi Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Full wipe is the worst suggestion I have heard yet... firstly that would put a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton more work on the game staff, then you have to refund money spent on zen (some of us got that horse mount and didn't sell it...) There amount of people who were exploiting is smaller than the people who weren't. By wiping you are probably going to double the amount of work the game staff has to do. Instead of just finding the exploiters and just banning/cleaning their account.

A full wipe could kill a game in some cases...esp if not done right. From what I have heard some people complain about PW's response time do you really want to deal with that?
  • Options
    nomex3nomex3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best solution is to delete all accounts related to the exploit, and additionally all accounts related to those ip addresses. Then anyone that made more then 3,000,000 AD today should have their monetary account reverted back to the day before. This will hurt those that made a large profit off this or bought these ADs, but it will take enough out to rebalance the currency and with time ADs will drop to their normal rate.
  • Options
    nocturnalnemesisnocturnalnemesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by nodic3
    For me personally, I can accept that some people are goign to be ahead of me no matter what. I'd rather just avoid having the last however many hours of my game time erased. I had taken a day off work to enjoy the game and relax a bit, it would be a slap in the face to have it 'rolled back' .

Not only you my friend, but the last couple of days I had played for a long time after I hit 60 to deck out my character in full epics and get my companion ( irl money ) and level him up be completely wasted when time is extremely valuable to a player like myself who isn't able to play 24/7 , Ban the exploiters and stop shutting down your server because like I stated, us legit players our time is valuable and I cant wait around all day to want to play a game to keep hearing, oh another few hours, fix this ASAP and stop making the innocent suffer.
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If this was an actual beta test it would be wiped no question about it. But it's a PR beta, you can't wipe a PR beta... it's bad PR. This one is a rollback almost certainly. Some of the long time exploiters will profit from it but I guess it's not a huge deal.