test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback from a veteran MMO player

archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I played WOW for 6 years, Rift for 2, and GW2 since day 1. I played competitive PvP,
and was a hardcore raider. Based on my years of experience, I wanted to add some input
on my experience in NW. First of all, I have really enjoyed the game, but wanted to input
some thoughts:

1) The lack of teleport back to the city makes no sense. Worse yet, a scroll cost 4k AD.

2) The lack of gold generation Im fine with. What I am not fine with, is going through 50+
pots in Castle Never. In order to run this on a regular basis, your gold gets completed quickly.

3) I love the PvP and combat. In order to promote more people playing, there should be a
small silver reward for playing, along with a minor amount of AD. This would allow a way
to at least get some income, while at the same enjoying the PvP aspect.

4) The LFG function for dungeons is silly. More times than not, the game starts with no tank and
no cleric.

5) You should be able to pay and reselect race. This has been brought up before.

6) The character graphics, along with most items are lackluster. There should be more effort put
into this. If you look at the greatswords in GW for instance, many were awesome and gave that look
of power.

Just my 2 coppers for now. Love the game so far though!
Post edited by archomental on

Comments

• kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are worse things going on at the moment. Infact, the game has become like a private server.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In before...

it's beta

and

they have to make money... are you a commie?
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why is it, that this game is making me consider getting mists of pandaria? XD I hate WoW and left it for a good reason, but dayum... they're changing my perspective one monumental mess at a time.
  • midnightrider55midnightrider55 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You've only played three games, you're not a veteran.
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    In before...

it's beta

and

they have to make money... are you a commie?

no wipe = no beta, and a beta is not for making money. Use your brain plz
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    no wipe = no beta, and a beta is not for making money. Use your brain plz
    Are you incredibly stupid?
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    Are you incredibly stupid?

Define beta plz
    edited May 2013
    lhyeuze wrote: »
    Define beta plz
    Did you miss the "in before" part?

It was Sarcasm.
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) The lack of teleport back to the city makes no sense. Worse yet, a scroll cost 4k AD.
    That's okay, what's 4k AD worth now? :rolleyes:
  • archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ill take the bait Midnight. Im over 40 and Ive been playing since Bard Tales 1 was
    on an Apple IIe. Outside of the mentioned ones above, Ive played every game worth
    playing on the PC.

How about you? If you want to nickpick my term, I guess it was worth my 10 seconds
    to post my credentials.
  • mark93703mark93703 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played WOW for 6 years, Rift for 2, and GW2 since day 1. I played competitive PvP,
    and was a hardcore raider. Based on my years of experience, I wanted to add some input
    on my experience in NW. First of all, I have really enjoyed the game, but wanted to input
    some thoughts:

2) The lack of gold generation Im fine with. What I am not fine with, is going through 50+
    pots in Castle Never. In order to run this on a regular basis, your gold gets completed quickly.

3) I love the PvP and combat. In order to promote more people playing, there should be a
    small silver reward for playing, along with a minor amount of AD. This would allow a way

4) The LFG function for dungeons is silly. More times than not, the game starts with no tank and
    no cleric.

5) You should be able to pay and reselect race. This has been brought up before.

6) The character graphics, along with most items are lackluster. There should be more effort put
    into this. If you look at the greatswords in GW for instance, many were awesome and gave that look
    of power.

Title states Veteran MMO PLAYER. OP starts off with WoW as his first MMO *Facepalm more likely slightly used mmo player

FYI do some D8D background knowledge. Gold was always lacked in DD. 50 pots aint much. better than casual nerfing then entire expierence. I enjoy the difficulty. even if i have to get 1 gold to buy a handleful of pots
  • archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    DnD? Lol, I played that game back in the 80s so no need to research. Im not sure where you claim
    that gold was an issue. Unless you are NOT referring to the paper and pencil.
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a heads up OP here is a veteran Profile:

Maridian 59,
    Neverwinter Nights (AOL),
    The Realm
    Ultima Online
    Lineage,
    EQ,
    Shattered Galaxy,
    Kung Fu Online
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Tantra
    Lineage 2
    WoW
    Guild Wars
    Warhammer Online
    Pristine Tale
    Aion
    Guild Wars 2

And theres around 10 others I forgot to mention. Yes I have missed a few games over the years too, but its almost impossible to play them all unless you are a professional video game reviewer.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played WOW for 6 years,

Guys he's trolling.
    Wow? lol good one....
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter Nights 1991
    Legends of Future Past 1992
    Meridian 59 1995
    Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands 1996
    DragonRealms 1996
    Furcadia 1996
    Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds 1996
    Realm Online 1996
    Terra 1996
    Darkeden 1997
    Tibia 1997
    Ultima Online 1997
    Clan Lord 1998
    Lineage 1998
    Underlight 1998
    4th Coming 1999
    Asheron's Call 1999
    Dark Ages 1999
    EverQuest 1999
    Helbreath 1999
    Aces High 2000
    Planetarion 2000
    Anarchy Online 2001
    Cross Gate Shut down 2001
    Dark Age of Camelot 2001
    Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Initiative 2001
    Legend of Mir 2 2001
    Priston Tale 2001
    RuneScape 2001
    Survival Project 2001
    Asheron's Call 2 2002
    Earth & Beyond 2002
    Final Fantasy XI 2002
    Neocron and Neocron 2 2002
    Ragnarok Online 2002
    Entropia Universe 2003
    EVE Online 2003
    EverQuest Online Adventures 2003
    Lineage II 2003
    MapleStory 2003
    MU Online 2003
    Omerta 2003
    Puzzle Pirates 2003
    Rubies of Eventide 2003
    Seal Online 2003
    Shadowbane 2003
    Star Wars Galaxies 2003
    Tale in the Desert 2003
    Trickster Online 2003
    With Your Destiny 2003
    Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted 2003
    City of Heroes 2004
    Dofus 2004
    EverQuest II 2004
    Kal Online 2004
    Knight Online 2004
    Legend of Mir 3 2004
    Mabinogi 2004
    Metin 2 2004
    Pardus 2004
    Ran Online 2004
    Ryzom 2004
    Shot-Online 2004
    Vendetta Online 2004
    World of Warcraft 2004
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Neverwinter Nights 1991
    Legends of Future Past 1992
    Meridian 59 1995
    Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands 1996
    DragonRealms 1996
    Furcadia 1996
    Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds 1996
    Realm Online 1996
    Terra 1996
    Darkeden 1997
    Tibia 1997
    Ultima Online 1997
    Clan Lord 1998
    Lineage 1998
    Underlight 1998
    4th Coming 1999
    Asheron's Call 1999
    Dark Ages 1999
    EverQuest 1999
    Helbreath 1999
    Aces High 2000
    Planetarion 2000
    Anarchy Online 2001
    Cross Gate Shut down 2001
    Dark Age of Camelot 2001
    Jumpgate: The Reconstruction Initiative 2001
    Legend of Mir 2 2001
    Priston Tale 2001
    RuneScape 2001
    Survival Project 2001
    Asheron's Call 2 2002
    Earth & Beyond 2002
    Final Fantasy XI 2002
    Neocron and Neocron 2 2002
    Ragnarok Online 2002
    Entropia Universe 2003
    EVE Online 2003
    EverQuest Online Adventures 2003
    Lineage II 2003
    MapleStory 2003
    MU Online 2003
    Omerta 2003
    Puzzle Pirates 2003
    Rubies of Eventide 2003
    Seal Online 2003
    Shadowbane 2003
    Star Wars Galaxies 2003
    Tale in the Desert 2003
    Trickster Online 2003
    With Your Destiny 2003
    Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted 2003
    City of Heroes 2004
    Dofus 2004
    EverQuest II 2004
    Kal Online 2004
    Knight Online 2004
    Legend of Mir 3 2004
    Mabinogi 2004
    Metin 2 2004
    Pardus 2004
    Ran Online 2004
    Ryzom 2004
    Shot-Online 2004
    Vendetta Online 2004
    World of Warcraft 2004

Shame most of the old ones are superceded by what is released today and are not a requirement to being a veteran.
  • acroniazacroniaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How? Do you guys not...you know, do anything? Ever?
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    some thoughts:

no cleric.

of power.

I wouldn't consider you a veteran.. I have been playing MMO's since Sierras The Realm online.
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get some of the worst bunch when a game is f2p with all of the belittling, snide comments. The OP obviously has a lot of MMO experience and history and instead of discussing his thoughts, some people feel the need to criticize.
  • bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Someone define Veteran for me please? Is it the amount of games you have played? Is it the time spent playing 1 game?
    Us older folks sure do get a chuckle out of reading these forums full of ego.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I PLAYED PONG, I WIN!(or lose if you are normal)
  • thief183thief183 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A veteran.... started with wow... you are not a veteran .... Ultima online was and will always be the best mmorpg (not going to list all i've played). Other than that I love the game so far too to bad it lacks of a real open world PvP.. I love to quest scouting around for other players thjat may want to kill me....or to kill ofc ^^)
  • ninjamonkee1ninjamonkee1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your credentials do not make you a veteran. Sorry to burst your bubble. I don't even consider myself a veteran. I'm not a huge min/max person and I've played Meridian 59, The Realm [Online], beta tested Ultima Online, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, every expansion of World of Warcraft including some beta in most of them, City of Heroes, Rift, DCUO, FFXI, FFXIV, and many other various I probably forgot to mention... Just play to have fun.

Besides, all your points are blatantly obvious and there are much more detrimental issues to be addressed.
    edited May 2013
    Shame most of the old ones are superceded by what is released today and are not a requirement to being a veteran.

What is the requirement to being a veteran? Oh...there isn't one. Everyone's opinion is just as valued and important as the next. Stop trying to show how many games you've played and keep to the topic.

@the guy who posted an essay of games, you're probably allergic to sunlight now.
  • bobherkamerbobherkamer Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Ninjamonkee1. how did you enjoy EQ2, was it any good? I started my gaming career with Everquest. Shortly after beta and I took that game to the extreme raiding 7 hour days With Forsaken Realm guild. Never did try EQ2. I went back to EQ last year. Man o man is it nothing like it used to be.
    edited May 2013
    Well said Unim. I would bet my considerable career that 99% of these posters are kids
    who like to troll over actually answer the original content of the OP.

OK kiddies, you win. Im not a veteran. My bad. I thought playing games on PC for over
    20 years meant something. Im wrong, you are totally right. You win. Your my hero bro!

Now I can spend more time seeing whats going to happen with this exploit issue.
  • ninjamonkee1ninjamonkee1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ninjamonkee1. how did you enjoy EQ2, was it any good? I started my gaming career with Everquest. Shortly after beta and I took that game to the extreme raiding 7 hour days With Forsaken Realm guild. Never did try EQ2. I went back to EQ last year. Man o man is it nothing like it used to be.

Let's put it this way... I didn't stay playing it too long. I got pretty bored fast. Focused on WoW instead.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited May 2013
    acroniaz wrote: »
    @the guy who posted an essay of games, you're probably allergic to sunlight now.

I didnt say i played them all :) was mostly for myself seeing what games came out before..but i did play alot of them..
  • gundzorgundzor Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MMO veteran my ***.

MUME

/thread
    edited May 2013
    Your credentials do not make you a veteran. Sorry to burst your bubble. I don't even consider myself a veteran. I'm not a huge min/max person and I've played Meridian 59, The Realm [Online], beta tested Ultima Online, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, every expansion of World of Warcraft including some beta in most of them, City of Heroes, Rift, DCUO, FFXI, FFXIV, and many other various I probably forgot to mention... Just play to have fun.

Besides, all your points are blatantly obvious and there are much more detrimental issues to be addressed.

Shut up. Done? Thanks. Just kidding. Seriously though, stop being such a...******bag. I know it's easy over the net but control your inner ******bag.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if his points are obvious or not. They are still 100% valid points that are based on his opinion therefore, either discuss or leave the thread. If there are more important matters at hand, then that is your opinion. If you would like to share your opinion, please do.