test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All the "hacked" account people

Comments

• Options
    sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    watever2 wrote: »
    Err no the client is the 3rd party program that sends or receives information. You are the user not the client dumbass. Stop trying to make it sound like you know it all when you don't.

Here, since you are not even smart enough to "google" before you post.... copy/paste straight from Wiki:
    wiki wrote:
    A client is a piece of computer hardware or software that accesses a service made available by a server. The server is often (but not always) on another computer system, in which case the client accesses the service by way of a network.[1] The term applies to programs or devices that are part of a client–server model.

Geez, you're so dumb you don't even know how dumb you really are. Please just stop posting, you are really embarrassing yourself beyond repair.
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nosupportsofarnosupportsofar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My account was hacked on Friday. I've obviously had to create this alternate account to post here. I am VERY annoyed with PWI having such a shoddy system that ALLOWS a registered email to be changed without sanctioning it from the old email.

I have raised a ticket and am awaiting a response. I have spent around $60 on this game so far, and I am very tempted to raise a dispute with PayPal (whom I used to purchase ZEN) as I have not been able to use the things I bought ingame due to the hack.

I will keep shouting about this until PWI sort themselves out, reimburse the hacked and destroy the hacker accounts.

VERY annoyed.
  • Options
    professorzprofessorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, you idiots deserve to be hacked. I'm guessing you don't take security precautions either, been hacked recently?...... I'm guessing yes. I put what I did because the op stated he types his password into everything, anyone who has the slightest intelligence will know that's asking for trouble and that's why I can guarantee it's his own fault he was hacked.

please find where i said "i type my passwords into everything"
  • Options
    professorzprofessorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nakkychan wrote: »
    I read your whole post, I suggest you read mine. I said that they should send an email to mail address currently bound to the account before allowing a change of email.

my bad. your punctuation in the sentence threw me off.
  • Options
    krayzeeonekrayzeeone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    My account was hacked on Friday. I've obviously had to create this alternate account to post here. I am VERY annoyed with PWI having such a shoddy system that ALLOWS a registered email to be changed without sanctioning it from the old email.

I have raised a ticket and am awaiting a response. I have spent around $60 on this game so far, and I am very tempted to raise a dispute with PayPal (whom I used to purchase ZEN) as I have not been able to use the things I bought ingame due to the hack.

I will keep shouting about this until PWI sort themselves out, reimburse the hacked and destroy the hacker accounts.

VERY annoyed.

Don't expect any help or a response any time soon. It's been 5 days for me and not a single peep out of them.
  • Options
    garrisddgarrisdd Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    krayzeeone wrote: »
    Don't expect any help or a response any time soon. It's been 5 days for me and not a single peep out of them.

Yup still no response day 3 and holding
  • Options
    sporadicussporadicus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Google will send a message to your phone if someone is trying to get into your email account that has a different ISP from the one you normally use. I haven't had my account hacked yet, so I don't know the true method they use.

So if they hack your google mail account, then that's pretty good.
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    As unfortunate as the loss of zen and diamonds is, PWE is well within their legal rights to refuse to refund that zen and astral diamonds, as it is within the TOS that you have to agree to in order to play the game.

Is it fair? Of course not, but think about the opposite side. Guy has account. Friend "hacks" account. Sells zen for diamonds, all that jazz. "I got hacked. more zen plox." Rinse. Repeat. Don't think people would do that? Then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. It would ruin it for everyone else, and Cryptic would either start pushing the losses onto the consumer (have fun with your $200 mounts), or they would turn around and rewrite the TOS to say that they will not refund zen or astral diamonds, regardless of the circumstances.

It if unfortunate, and it is certainly not fair. But it is unfortunately the way it is. There is no law holding companies like Cryptic or PWE to refund your purchases after your account is hacked. Now, if the hacking gets bad enough that people are losing zen left and right, will PWE start to hurt because of it? Certainly. People would being to stop buying any sort of Zen, then would being to quit the game. Not to mention the few people angry enough to test the validity of the TOS with a lawsuit.

However, I doubt it would come to that. If it gets bad enough, PWE will probably introduce a key type of system similar to what Blizzard does with their games.
  • Options
    sadonis55935sadonis55935 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I spent $200-$300 on this game and my account gets hacked in "beta" and their security measures to avoid this are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I am certainly going to take it up with them.

They should assume our email accounts are more secure than our game accounts. I can make my email password quite lengthy (and it is), but I can't make my Game-account password that long (I tried to make into a sentence with some numbers, but it's very limited). That's complete BS. Changing your email account to a new account should mean confirmation from the old account...they shouldn't be worried about email accounts being lost, but rather the game accounts.

In other words they didn't really think through the account security at all. I want a longer more complicated password, but I've had to resort to one I use for business accounts since are more secure and I don't think anyone can easily hack them/find the password.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While there are problems with the system like sending confirmation email to new email not old, Gateway is also a problem. People usually play their game on their home computer, but accessing the forums and Gateway can be done on any computer since it just requires internet access. Using your account on any public computer is just asking for problems since you don't know what software is on there. Don't know if the OP accessed their account through a Public Computer, but it is a possibility.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I spent $200-$300 on this game and my account gets hacked in "beta" and their security measures to avoid this are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I am certainly going to take it up with them.

They should assume our email accounts are more secure than our game accounts. I can make my email password quite lengthy (and it is), but I can't make my Game-account password that long (I tried to make into a sentence with some numbers, but it's very limited). That's complete BS. Changing your email account to a new account should mean confirmation from the old account...they shouldn't be worried about email accounts being lost, but rather the game accounts.

In other words they didn't really think through the account security at all. I want a longer more complicated password, but I've had to resort to one I use for business accounts since are more secure and I don't think anyone can easily hack them/find the password.

I never understood why passwords have to be a designated length with current memory storage systems when phrases are more secure and easier to remember. Release the dogs of war is a much more secure password than X521cq. The longer the password is, the less likely someone can crack it through brute force.
  • Options
    travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As unfortunate as the loss of zen and diamonds is, PWE is well within their legal rights to refuse to refund that zen and astral diamonds, as it is within the TOS that you have to agree to in order to play the game.

Is it fair? Of course not, but think about the opposite side. Guy has account. Friend "hacks" account. Sells zen for diamonds, all that jazz. "I got hacked. more zen plox." Rinse. Repeat. Don't think people would do that? Then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. It would ruin it for everyone else, and Cryptic would either start pushing the losses onto the consumer (have fun with your $200 mounts), or they would turn around and rewrite the TOS to say that they will not refund zen or astral diamonds, regardless of the circumstances.

It if unfortunate, and it is certainly not fair. But it is unfortunately the way it is. There is no law holding companies like Cryptic or PWE to refund your purchases after your account is hacked. Now, if the hacking gets bad enough that people are losing zen left and right, will PWE start to hurt because of it? Certainly. People would being to stop buying any sort of Zen, then would being to quit the game. Not to mention the few people angry enough to test the validity of the TOS with a lawsuit.

However, I doubt it would come to that. If it gets bad enough, PWE will probably introduce a key type of system similar to what Blizzard does with their games.

However, if they don't help you out, you can issue a "stop payment" on your credit card purchases for the game. There's no need for them to refund you anything, when you don't actually have to allow the payment to go through in the first place.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • Options
    squareysquarey Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    However, if they don't help you out, you can issue a "stop payment" on your credit card purchases for the game. There's no need for them to refund you anything, when you don't actually have to allow the payment to go through in the first place.

-Travail.

Any game, including this one, would then ban your account in response to this for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Just want to express:
    NEVER COPY YOUR PASSWORD!
    . . . . . Some Trojans and Viruses will copy your clipboard too, so if you copy/paste your password into fields, you're putting your personal information at risk by storing it in your Clipboard.

. . . . . NEVER use the same email address on your Game Accounts to sign up for anything else on the internet. Your gaming accounts should use a special Email ONLY for legitimate and private business dealings. Use an alternative email for Fan Sites and other places, such as newsletters and stuff.

. . . . . For games that use Usernames as logins, NEVER use the same username for multiple logins. Consider your Username (and email) like the first half of your password! In other-words, Protect It!

. . . . . NEVER use the same password twice for anything. Use a combination of Numbers, Capitol Letters, Lowercase Letters, and Symbols in passwords, for example: hjYT56%@1b8 - would be a great password (don't use passwords you see as examples on the internet!).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    NEVER use the same password twice for anything. Use a combination of Numbers, Capitol Letters, Lowercase Letters, and Symbols in passwords, for example: hjYT56%@1b8 - would be a great password (don't use passwords you see as examples on the internet!).

Except the problem is remembering it and putting it on a piece of paper or file can cause problems. The best passwords are the ones that you can easily remember. Having a password like Release the dogs of war on Faerun for Neverwinter and Release the dogs of war on Azeroth for World of Warcraft is better than hjYT56%@1b8. Anyone can remember my examples while people have problems remembering insane alphanumerical combinations. Especially if they have to remember 20 different versions.
  • Options
    pepto2pepto2 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should read the EULA. PWI does not guarantee anything, even that their game does not contain viruses. If you prove that they allowed somebody else to steal your password, account, charge $500 (arbitrary number), and transfer all the money to somebody else, the ONLY THING YOU CAN DO (outside of a few states idk which) is take them to arbitration for $10. This is your sole compensation.

You clicked 'I Agree,' have fun.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gibby87 wrote: »
    I have scanned for trojans and everything like that, nothing. I have a different password for nw from any other application and I have never typed it in anywhere other than on this website and in the launcher.

Scanning for trojans doesn't mean that the trojan isn't there A good Anti Virus with keystroke encryption is worth it's weight in gold. Mine stores the passwords on a encrypted device or I can use a on screen keyboard since screen capture is disabled when this process is going on it's pretty secure.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Scanning for trojans doesn't mean that the trojan isn't there A good Anti Virus with keystroke encryption is worth it's weight in gold. Mine stores the passwords on a encrypted device or I can use a on screen keyboard since screen capture is disabled when this process is going on it's pretty secure.

Unless you are doing some really dodgy **** or just blindly downloading zip files from some random .torrent site how the hell do people get viruses. I just don't understand.

Im 31 I've been using my own pc since I was 16, I have had 1 virus in that whole time and that was when I first used Kazaa lite and I was downloading dodgy pron so it was my own fault.

I have the same password for a million things, I don't have a ****ty *** memory clogging or cpu intensive antivirus, I run trend micros house call from time to time. I use ccleaner for my garbage cleaning and I don't install random **** I don't need. And yeah I hit up the rebtube from time to time when the wifes away. I don't ever clink links in emails, who in this day and age does that like really you see a link and you just have to click it.. STOP there is no free money and your account doesn't need to be verified ever.

Whilst I understand from time to time some silly naive person will click that link and bam account gone. But most of the time peoples accounts are hacked by ****ty security on forum sites and or ****ty security from the game company ie cryptic/pwe..they have terrible terrible absolutely disgustingly terrible security for your account, but it's ok we have a new companion on the zen store please come spend money.
  • Options
    nosupportsofarnosupportsofar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ONLY solution they can put in is threefold.

1) Sort out security issues with the forum/gateway logins
    2) Carry out a complete wipe (keep all real money bought ZEN)
    3) Change ingame currency to something not compatible with previous exploiters AD

THEN WIPE !

PS Still waiting for ANY contact from PW
  • Options
    silentblowzsilentblowz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're an idiot and talking ****. I can guarantee you the op was hacked because his security sucks. Trying to blame other people for your bad security is arrogant and stupid. The amount of times you log in has nothing to do with your potential for being hacked that is something a moron who knows nothing would say. So stop trying to put the blame on the client when it is not. And next time don't put incorrect and misleading information when talking about security or are you actually a hacker yourself?

calling him arrogant and stupid,....hmmmmm....
    stupid-> i can get that since one who hasnt gained the knowledge of the tpoic at hand is considered stupid... agreed
    arrogant-> arent u the one who is assuming he is arrogant,?? he is just a lost frustrated lamb without proper knowledge but u, omg!!! u ought to hit yourself with a hammer cuz u just seemed stupid to me ....
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    How about, everyone calm down. I can now understand why mods close threads like these... It isn't because it has the word "hack" in it it's because everyone turns them into something like this with name calling and zero constructive feedback and help with the matter. The OP was making this thread and keeping it active with his daily progression if any to help this community. I'd really like to see and have it to stay as such. I personally appreciate the OP for making a thread like this to try and help people who are dealing with the same issue and offering some hope or solace for a full restoration and or satisfying resolution to the compromise of security. Everyone just chill...
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    silentblowzsilentblowz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    er, on an entirely seperate topic, anyone heard about nividia and their holographic googles that lets u play in virtual reality kinda like? wonder how long b4 mmos adapt it, it be cool huh?
  • Options
    bulldogdobsonbulldogdobson Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just checked my email and i got an email from PW saying my email has been changed... WTF how can someone just log into my PW account and say "hey i want the new email to be this instead now", and not have to verify it with the old email?

Luckily i was able to still log into my account (only email was changed). So yeah all my in game currency is now gone (Zen,Gold,AD and CS), I also am in the "never get a response back" ticket Q. But ill still be waiting for a response.
  • Options
    marineusmcrhmarineusmcrh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Btw, This part of the security thread is stickied. It won't help anyone who has had this done to them already but, for anyone who hasn't been hacked hopefully this helps some.

Account Guard

. . . . . If you haven't done so yet, please go to Cryptic's Games Main Menu at https://secure.crypticstudios.com and enable Account Guard. This will give an added layer of Security to your Account, making you have to verify by email before a new computer, device, browser, or game accesses your Account, Billing Information, or Account Main Menu (the link above).
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=98633707&dateline=1368527786
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Customer support sucks Ive been waiting for days to hear back from them about my account, still nothing. And now I suppose the ticket system is getting flooded with all the I got banned tickets who knows how long its going to take to get a response.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP is just another exploiter trying to make some excuse to not get perma-banned.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    OP is just another exploiter trying to make some excuse to not get perma-banned.

After reading your post history, I'll just chalk this post up to your stellar record of being productive on a forum.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    essenessen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So here is the deal. This happened to me yesterday. All my gold and astral diamonds were gone.
    I now used the account guard. And I found out where this guy hacked me from. Got his IP adress, and his computer name. Simple as that.
  • Options
    erospaerospa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi all
    I try to enter my acount but without sucses. I reset my pasword and when i log in i found that my astrals , wards , dragon egs , enchantments were GONE . I lost all my valuable assets .
    WILL I GET THEM BUCK ?
This discussion has been closed.