test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Proof of GWF Viability 60+

124»

Comments

• momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Punishing the player in the early game for long-term power is absolutely terrible design. Yes, people can pull up all kinds of examples of this phenomenon going on in other games. That doesn't mean it's good. I can give you lots of examples of murder too but that doesn't make murder the best solution to social disagreements. Some characters having vastly more difficult leveling then others is a problem, not a badge of honor.

Neverwinter = Game.

Game = Fun.

Ineffectual potion-guzzling hitpoint-whittling grind = Not Fun.
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    Momaw, I had some issues leveling (just hit 60 yesterday). I will say to make sure you try to keep your gear up to par, it helps a lot in leveling.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh aye, I have been absolutely fanatic about checking the stores constantly and IDing *everything* to see if it's worth using for me.

I hit level 29 today, I feel like the difficulty is starting to slack off some. The thing that gives additional Determination, combined with Roar, lets you go bezerk a *lot* more often, and then you combine the feat that gives you bonus action points while unstoppable with the absolutely amazing Slam daily... yeah. I'm starting to feel where this is going.

But compared to Guardian, that first 1-20whatsit was just brutal. I begged people in zone chat to team up and help with the harder quests. Before I got my automatic heal-dispenser, I was dropping money constantly on health potions. Plow through a mob, drink a potion, plow through a mob, drink a potion.

I think I'm past the worst of it, and I don't want other people to have to suffer through. :)

(Though I'm a little nervous what's going to happen when my heal-dispenser becomes a one shot kill for enemies because she can't level past 15...)
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    She is technically level 30, but yea I feel your pain there.

Once you get 35 the road becomes much smoother, but that 10 to 16 (before you get the healbot) can be a little painful on the wallet. Once you get to 40 and you start plowing through groups of mobs, you will give that sigh of relief and it will all feel worth it.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7K2EE2P8Fs&feature=youtu.be

vid of me tanking spider temple in sentinel spec
  • invispoetinvispoet Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    She is technically level 30, but yea I feel your pain there.

Once you get 35 the road becomes much smoother, but that 10 to 16 (before you get the healbot) can be a little painful on the wallet. Once you get to 40 and you start plowing through groups of mobs, you will give that sigh of relief and it will all feel worth it.

Not to sound rude, but if you guys are having problems in the 10-16 bracket, you're doing something terribly wrong. One hit of Reaping Strike + Not so fast will kill 95% of any non elite mobs you come across. Mix in a restoring strike and the Determination passive, and it really is a cakewalk. I think by the time i got my companion, I had close to 50 low level potions unused, without having to buy a single one.

I think most people terribly underestimate reaping strike. It's great for trash mobs (especially before you get WMS), and it's also good for when you have to move out of aoe's on the ground. Sprint out, charge up reaping strike, and unleash it when the mob comes back into melee.
  • sithishesithishe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    invispoet wrote: »
    Not to sound rude, but if you guys are having problems in the 10-16 bracket, you're doing something terribly wrong. .

Well, I agree with you, but dont think anyone will pay attention to sane posts here, I was trying to say same fo 10 pages, and majority just prefer hate GWF and whine
  • victormestrovicvictormestrovic Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a full swash rogue, full epic outside of belt because a "good" rogue isn't going to use the epic belts. GWF can compete, but I am interested in which skill set up is being run by the rogue. Double rogue or single rogue rotating smoke bomb and ITC the entire run gives a GWF a massive head start in that particular dungeon. That said, double rogue double cw spamming arcane and their shield to rebound mobs and continue spamming arcane daily still did less dps than Alalia and I in that same dungeon. I'm currently leveling a GWF for hsits and gigs + variety options. I'd love to have you in our group for a run just to compare end dungeon numbers, because so far, after bringing in numerous other GWF to test the waters, our static has yet to witness either a "good" GWF or a reason to have one in the group composition over either a second CW, cleric or rogue. Because I have answered questions from s rogue named Lisotte before, I assume you are on beholder server Sir?