test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Before Greed is a must in this game

2»

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I'm playing solo, *I* get every drop. It seems only fair, then, that on a team, whenever loot is dropped, everybody on the team gets one...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • diablofingersdiablofingers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive met surprisely polite people here so far.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    Sadly, the MMO communities of today are full of immature players who cannot be trusted with an unrestricted Need button.
    I suspect it's one of the many things that happens when a game has an automated LFG system. If one can just hop into an instance with no effort and no need of person-to-person interaction, other players may start to look less like teammates and/or potential friends, and more like tools or NPC companions or something.

Not to say there weren't similar issues before LFG, but by taking away the requirement to actually, you know, communicate with other people in the group, it effectively anonymizes the whole process of grouping.

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos
  • scarletttalonscarletttalon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muceas wrote: »
    Can we have "need before greed" implemented? Yes, WoW style! We like it or not WoW is still the golden model as far as MMORPGs are concerned.

I laughed. Wow, golden child :rolleyes:

But yes, "need before greed" needs to be implemented.
    muceas wrote: »
    If a drop is class specific and it is NOT my class I should NOT be allowed to roll "need" on it, the "need" option should be grayed out for me and for all the other party members that don't qualify class wise.

Tera has a similar "roll" implementation as this.
  • tormentcaketormentcake Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree mostly, but I think it should be taken into consideration if the item indeed is an upgrade for the person rolling on it i.e. it should be compared to the item in the slot of the person who rolls it; people who marginally benefit from it and roll need should have precedence.

Why not take it further than WoW? It's very trivial to implement.
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree mostly, but I think it should be taken into consideration if the item indeed is an upgrade for the person rolling on it i.e. it should be compared to the item in the slot of the person who rolls it; people who marginally benefit from it and roll need should have precedence.

Why not take it further than WoW? It's very trivial to implement.
    Why stop there? Why not have the game just give the item to the person who could use it most, or drop it into a random person's inventory if it's not an upgrade? Couldn't possibly be anything at all wrong with that, could there?

The gorilla formerly known as Kolikos