For those of you who have the launcher stuck at "Patching" try this:

(for Windows Users)

Make sure your launcher is closed.

Open up the Task Manager.

Show Processes from all users.

Find a Process called "GameClient.exe".

Kill the "GameClient.exe" process.

Run the Launcher again.

If you're having the same problem as I was your client should now show download progress and patch the game.

After I was able to patch the game, the game loaded and I'm about to make my first character. My guess is that the crash reporter did not close the game's process after it crashed. Check for that rogue process and kill it!
  • mwjkmwjk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having trouble with the game launcher it has all these white bits and i cannot launch my game because it just crashes, I am windows XP.
  • luckeyduckeyluckeyduckey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    My friend is having problems with the launcher login button. It won't active. He puts in his info and can't even begin to update b/c the button won't compress. Any solutions?
    This, someone please tell me how to do this. I get to a loading screen before the patcher, and it says:
    Do you have a Cryptic Account?
    Yes No (Can't hit either button)
    Logging In, Please Wait

Any help?
    I'm running in Administrator.
  • toughtony91toughtony91 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't download the patch. The 'gameclient' suggestion didn't work, there was no such process running. Help please.
  • toughtony91toughtony91 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Help, anyone? It's stuck at this 27-30%. It won't budge, but the 'kbs' recieved keeps on updating. Is there any other way to download the patch? This started after I opened the launcher after the downtime today. 7RC9KTS.png
  • mynameisntjonasmynameisntjonas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game's crashing at the loading screen, and I have to restart my computer to get the launcher working correctly after that. The error message mentions a problem decompressing files, so it might be a problem on my end, but I'm still wondering if anyone knows what I could do to fix that.
  • funeralmusicfuneralmusic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow the download speed on this is down right ridiculous,good luck with getting new people to play..
  • victortheshadowvictortheshadow Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Download took 1,5 hours which was to be expected but patching took 10+ hours. When it got to 90% i left it for an hour thinking it would be done when i come back, instead it comes up with an error "something idle for to long" and it starts over, whats even worse is, its my ****ING birthday today :(
  • radioactiveitradioactiveit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got a new one for everyone to look at:
    brokeh.png
    Every time I open the launcher this pops up, and if I close that my launcher is just a white screen.... any ideas?
  • thechroniccloudthechroniccloud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First time installing. Patched and everything, then I click the Play button and it just closes and that's it. Nothing. Checked the task manager processes, nothing running in the background after that. Ran it as administrator. Tried multiple times. Same thing. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem... :/ Looks like I'm gonna really need some help here, or else I'm not even going to be able to play this game... Is this a known issue? Google is getting me nothing and I don't see any topics here mentioning this particular issue... Halp?
  • jonnybashjonnybash Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys
    My client got a problem with the new patch! He tries to patch but always error 36 appears...
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing.
    What can i do to make it work again?
  • grassygnoll67grassygnoll67 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the decompression difficulty as well. Trying to work it out and glads it's not just me.

I have the fatal error decompressing data. It then say verifying the files may fix this, which I've done, before and after re installing the game, but the issue remained.

The Technical details are: Error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue: Bin/Inventorybags.Bin:

I'm running Win7 64bit on a Intel quad core Q6600 @ 2.40 and 5gig RAM. NVIDEA GeForce 9800 GT and up to date drivers.

Not sure where to send any information. The error program runs but doesn't appear to do anything after a while and I have to end the game launcher through program manager because it stops the launcher working at all after and continues running after the windo closes after the game error occurs.

Anyone else have this and know the workaround?
  • tunneler12tunneler12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for me it's saying that the european server is offline :mad:
  • calviniuslvcalviniuslv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting a error message when I try to start the launcher... "The patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function" Any ideas how to fix? Thanks in advance I'm not very tech savy, lol break it down for me!
  • spazy1spazy1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speeds are slower then dialup. You'd think with all the founder packs being brought you could do something about the servers themselves and really... 3 servers all in US-E? How hard can it be PW..
  • az3r1onaz3r1on Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I don't know what is going with this one... I hope I am posting in the right place but here goes....

this is the error
    error_NW.jpg

so i dunno what to do....

any help will be appreciated
  • blackorczblackorcz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    130518 14:22:07 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error A file was locked that could not be open for writing

I cant open the patcher and i have a few friends with the same problem. Please help us!
  • shamesonshameson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    az3r1on wrote: »
    So I don't know what is going with this one... I hope I am posting in the right place but here goes....

this is the error
    error_NW.jpg

so i dunno what to do....

any help will be appreciated

Same problem here, since the last server down. Please help!!
  • d8steed8stee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also getting the same problem as was mentioned server connect error and then nothing. So some of my friends have managed to get it working again after having to download the entire game again. This should not be the case. Is there any other solution for the server connection problem? trying to update the launcher problem?
  • blackorczblackorcz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SOLVED!
    download a new patcher here and enjoy!

http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe
  • trentonsteeltrentonsteel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SOLVED!
    download a new patcher here and enjoy!

http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...everwinter.exe

Hasn't worked for me unfortunately. Patcher tries to connnect once, twice, three times, then somewhere between the fourth and tenth time it jumps to claiming it has attempted 23 times and gives the 'No response, check internet connection etc' error.
  • avalt87avalt87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting Error 36: A file is locked that needs to be open for writing. Then it crashes and restarts itself. I was ALMOST done with the current patch. *Sighs* I want to get on and see what I lost and open Caturday pack!
  • hektor3000hektor3000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same shi... here, cant start the game

the other patcher worked yesterday, but same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> today :(

http://abload.de/img/neverwinter-error-365vj30.jpg
    http://nw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=26021

error.log:
    130522 07:28:40 2 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not open new file for writing (C:/Neverwinter/Neverwinter.exe)
    130522 07:28:40 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing
    130522 07:28:40 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error A file was locked that could not be open for writing

pcl.log:
    130522 07:28:40 1 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not open new file for writing (C:/Neverwinter/Neverwinter.exe)
    130522 07:28:40 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing
  • timezero83timezero83 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fgghndfhmjh
  • timezero83timezero83 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    screen_2013_5_23_6_41_48_1_phprk4E2D.png
  • bindie1bindie1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I keep getting an error 31 and the patcher says its going to retry in 10 seconds, its been doing it since last night when I tried to download the game. Any ideas? I have searched support and cant find anything about it.
  • iamafish123iamafish123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time after i download Neverwinter it never saves it too the computer for some reason e.g. when it tells me to give me the one time code i have to cancel neverwinter and go to my emails to find the code only to not be able to find neverwinter agian after i closed it because its not saved on the computers files or too desktop like i asked , only the installer is. And whenever i run the installer i have to download neverwinter all over again. Wtf is going on and how do i stop it from making me re-download it everytime.
  • brofistusbrofistus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While patching i got to 96,5% without problems, then it says (null) has crashed, please send a error report. I sent my report and my launcher closes. When i open it again i have to start downloading the game from scratch again... Anyone able to help me?
  • mrpitmrpit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's difficult to tell if my problems should go in here as well.

I have been getting the decompression error since the last patch. It happens most often upon zoning into a new area, but then continues to happen at the Neverwinter splash screen during the initialization step that loads game meshes. In order to cope with the problem once it has happened, I've been keeping a spare copy of the game that I restore manually whenever the game data becomes corrupt. This gets me past the initialization part of the problem, but it does not keep the problem from occurring when I enter a new zone.

Here's an example error message/exception that occurs while zoning:

Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected
    Read failed for file:
    Texture_Library/Core/Water/Default_Water_Flow_02_N.Wtex

After this error occurs, the following login makes it just to the point where you are able to zone into the game world and produces this error:

Fatal Error: Disk read error - two repeated reads returned different results.: 17
    Bin/Uigen.Bin:17

There are only two possible explanations that I can think of for reading a file two times in a row and getting different values. Either the method you are using to read the file is unreliable or you changed the file.

Possible causes include:
    ****ty compression library, dynamic updates and file system issues with C:\Users\Public\Games

The main issue I'm having now is that, while I know for absolute certainty that my game is up to date, about 75% of the time the login screen becomes stuck at the "Patching" stage with a completely blank patching progress bar. It is definitely NOT patching and I've made sure that the options are not set to do anything else like verify file integrity.

This problem only occurs AFTER I have run the game one time successfully. If I exit out, then make subsequent attempts to run the application, I am unable to proceed past the login screen. Interestingly enough, I am able to restart my machine in order to play the game. This means that its probably a memory management issue - an orphan process not existing properly or a file handle that's currently in use. Whatever the deal is, the problem is extinguished by restarting the machine.
  • kyoyasankyoyasan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting error 36 for patching it keeps telling me a file is locked, need help with this problem