test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback] Download Issues

melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Please post here, or contact support if you're having any trouble downloading or patching the client.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Here are some useful support links for some troubleshooting. Thank you all for helping each other, and for your patience!

Problems installing or running a game with Windows Vista or Windows 7

Neverwinter Port Information

Sending Customer Support/Tech Support your dxdiag and hijackthis logs
Pixilated Community Entity
@Effreet in game
Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
Post edited by melanderi on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
  • chalkhead1337chalkhead1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When i try to download the game it just says "processing..." and is stuck at 0% the whole time how can i fix it?
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    maybe you should try to download via torrent. I had the same issue when I tried to download in direct, check your firewall maybe its end of prohibition (so turning off firewall) will help, or check your Ip connections
    edited April 2013
    I created an exception in my firewall
    and the torrent just downloads with 20kB/s
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    No, I mean firewall disabling for direct downloading not torrent downloading
    edited April 2013
    yea i just completely disabled my firewall and it still says processing
  • micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Downloading is fine, but it dont patch..
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
    edited April 2013
    yea i just completely disabled my firewall and it still says processing

Head over
    https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4189
    edited April 2013
    micdarau wrote: »
    Downloading is fine, but it dont patch..

Head over:
    https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4189
    It said : Options/ Force verify
    edited April 2013
    i opened up the ports on my pc and on my router and it still doesn't work...

edit: i changed the destination folder and now it works!
  • angesetdemosangesetdemos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It won't even begin to download for me. I try the direct download and it just leads to a failed page. I'm a bit afraid of torrenting, because I'm using college internet.
  • ldx1ldx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I keep getting the message (Trying to update the launcher Please be patient Tried connecting 2 times). Then (Patcher error. the client got a message while in a state with no response function). Thanks in advance for any help!
  • selectfew18selectfew18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heh, didn't see this thread before I posted mine. I'll just copy-paste my post from over there to in here.

Everytime I open the patcher I get this message:
    VBAHwCK.png
    I checked my Internet connection and everything was fine, so I tried again. Same thing happened.

Just for kicks, I tried opening through steam, and got this message instead:
    9dFoRBV.png

Any tips on what to do?

Note: I'm running Windows 7 Professional. I tried running with compatibility mode as I saw suggested somewhere, but it didn't work.
  • zarachixzarachix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm also having this issue
  • tehgunkytehgunky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having an issue with the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate. It opens the tiny window in the top left corner, tries to connect for a minute and fails. This happens all the time with STO as well. The thing that works for me is, STO has a auto-updating direct link to the latest version of the launcher. I can download the launcher and run that instead of having to re-download and re-install the entire game, which seems to be the recommended solution for Neverwinter. Which is terrible for BW4.
  • tehgunkytehgunky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, for anyone having trouble with Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate generating the Patcher Error, I may have found a workaround.

Step 1: go here and download the Star Trek Online launcher:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

Step 2: open the STO launcher. In the upper right corner, there's a link for Options. Click that, and in the little window that pops up, tick the box for "Show All Games."

Step 3: Restart the launcher and login. On the bottom left, under the STO newsfeed promo thing, there will be a dropdown menu for Shards - these are the different games. Select "Neverwinter - Neverwinter"

Step 4: Patching should begin automatically. Hit Engage when fully patched.
  • skypain14skypain14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    tehgunky wrote: »
    Ok, for anyone having trouble with Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate generating the Patcher Error, I may have found a workaround.

Step 1: go here and download the Star Trek Online launcher:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

Step 2: open the STO launcher. In the upper right corner, there's a link for Options. Click that, and in the little window that pops up, tick the box for "Show All Games."

Step 3: Restart the launcher and login. On the bottom left, under the STO newsfeed promo thing, there will be a dropdown menu for Shards - these are the different games. Select "Neverwinter - Neverwinter"

Step 4: Patching should begin automatically. Hit Engage when fully patched.

there is no never winter to select :(
  • atheticathetic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skypain14 wrote: »
    there is no never winter to select :(

If you've that patching error read the link below :
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=50591&postcount=94
  • meruleimerulei Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?149991-Fatal-Error-Crashing

To anyone who comes here looking and is having a Fatal Error problem due to patching, please check this forum here :) (go to page 2) Hope it helps!!!
  • akebaneakebane Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I have been trying to download for 32hrs now and have been unable to get passed 15% as the current download speed is indeed at 20 kbs...WDF?! and also I've cleared everything even my anti-virus.

I have yet to do torrent cause I currently don't have anything to use as a opener for that,but none the less in desperate need of help and advice.

Otherwise I'm going to give this 1 more go and definitely not going to come back if it doesn't work.
  • psychoticktackpsychoticktack Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hello all! i downloaded the client and i cant logg in to the starter,im logged in into the website and the client tells me inlid usrname or password..but im using the same!
  • remusssssremusssss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what is with the downloading speed ?????
    i get the game in 12-24 hrs ????
  • hxeehxee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First time downloading the game via the direct download option (not using torrent because it downloads at 20kbps or something).
    If i stop the download say @ 50% and then re-open the "Neverwinter Downloader" it just sits on "Processing..." and does nothing.

I've noticed when it says "Processing..." i check the file size of the download location, and it's gone from 1.3gig to 3.7gig, and there's no way in hell my net connection is good enough for it to have fully downloaded without me knowing it :P

I've found the only way to continue the download is to delete the whole directory and start again.

Files in the directory:
    directx - 66.9MB

piggs - 3.47GB
    bins.hogg - 629MB
    bins2.hogg - 64KB
    character.hogg - 64KB
    data.hogg - 426MB
    exes.hogg - 19.9MB
    object.hogg - 64KB
    sound.hogg - 1.10GB
    texture.hogg - 1.31GB
    textures2.hogg - 64KB

Only bins.hogg, data.hogg, texture.hogg and sound.hogg are visible WHILST downloading but do not even come close to the file sizes listed above. Only when i stop the download and restart it do I see all the above files and their file sizes.
  • encon1encon1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone found a way to increase the dl speed?
  • whitetalpawhitetalpa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Trying to install but i'm getting around 5KB/s :/ i want to play this game today not in 5 years.
  • autumnspiralsautumnspirals Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    FWIW, torrent downloaded at around 900 k/s for me. Decent amount of seeders. Now if I could only get the launcher to update..
  • romeetyromeety Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After i finished downloading, the launcher will not open. I get a message saying "Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your internet connection. if problems persist, please contact technical support."

please help?
  • daedelusevildaedelusevil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seeder to Leecher Ratio's on the Torrent are atrocious.

It is opening day, but alas I was getting these same download speeds a week ago.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My friend is having problems with the launcher login button. It won't active. He puts in his info and can't even begin to update b/c the button won't compress. Any solutions?
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • realuberwilhelmrealuberwilhelm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Download speed 1k/s ETA 3w 6d. No thanks. Nice try but serious fail. *delete*